[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we were told we'd be closing on the 8th maybe, then probably the 10th, but now we just heard that it's official and set in stone that we close tomorrow.

So who's coming to Tucson to help me move and shovel rock?!?!

I can come out there and supervise .

http://twentywheels.com/imgs/a/a/u/i/h/2007_mertz_boxer_mini_track_skid_steer_loader_construction_heavy_equipment_7_lgw.jpg

Rent one of these so your friends don't stab you.

I don't have friends thats the problem.

If the budget allows I was thinking of renting a bobcat or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
And here's a stupid question since I'm new to the whole "rock yard" thing. How much rock? Like how deep or thick do I need it or whatever? Once we're in I'm gonna lay out the anti weed barrier crap.

I tried to ask a mexican guy at Home Depot but he got mad and told me he was a fuckin plumber not a gardner. Yeah right.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't have friends thats the problem.

If the budget allows I was thinking of renting a bobcat or something like that.
View Quote

I want to rent one for the back yard. It's like $160-$200 for the day from Home Depot, but I know that I will have too much fun and wreck something .
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I get my federal refund deposited in my bank account this morning and guess what's in my mail box when I get home? My excise tax bill for my truck
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I get my federal refund deposited in my bank account this morning and guess what's in my mail box when I get home? My excise tax bill for my truck
View Quote
FREEDOM!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FREEDOM!!!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FREEDOM!!!!!  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that a state level tax? I've only ever heard of federal excise taxes. KY does a property tax on vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And here's a stupid question since I'm new to the whole "rock yard" thing. How much rock? Like how deep or thick do I need it or whatever? Once we're in I'm gonna lay out the anti weed barrier crap.

I tried to ask a mexican guy at Home Depot but he got mad and told me he was a fuckin plumber not a gardner. Yeah right.
View Quote

I did the weed barrier then about 1.5-2" of rocks in the beds around my house.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is that a state level tax? I've only ever heard of federal excise taxes. KY does a property tax on vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's a state level tax. My truck is a year old so it's a good chunk of change. $25 per $1000 the vehicle is valued at. This year my excise tax is $356.25 last year it was over $500
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah it's a state level tax. My truck is a year old so it's a good chunk of change. $25 per $1000 the vehicle is valued at. This year my excise tax is $356.25 last year it was over $500
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

About the same as what I paid for my 2011

Congrats DTuck, we found something good about MA compared to KY

ETA: Actually, no we didn't. I paid 300 to renew my tags in December, for $25 of every thousand of the blue book value I'd have paid 550
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thank you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ETA: Actually, no we didn't. I paid 300 to renew my tags in December, for $25 of every thousand of the blue book value I'd have paid 550
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have to register/tags your vehicle each year in addition to the excise tax? Did you also have to pay a sales tax when you bought it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you have to register/tags your vehicle each year in addition to the excise tax? Did you also have to pay a sales tax when you bought it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No registration is every 2 years, and yeah I had to pay sales tax when I bought it as well
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Uh, the job site. Duh...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
grats seegay. ill come out and help. just pay for my first class plane ticket and for my time off work

http://images.parenting.mdpcdn.com/sites/parenting.com/files/styles/slide/public/2-Hcostume09_7_BackHoe_P.jpg?itok=dVPVKPjK

Thanks we're good.

where'd you get that photo of DURA?

Uh, the job site. Duh...

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In KY it's just a sales tax at purchase and an annual renewal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do up here but I only pay 150 for registration .. oh sht that reminds they're due, glad y'all posted that..
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No registration is every 2 years, and yeah I had to pay sales tax when I bought it as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus you have a state income tax, probably a city/county income tax and property taxes. Geez no wonder they call it Taxachusetts

We have sales tax and property tax as the bulk of our taxes on the state and local level. 6.25% state sales tax is probably the highest in the nation. Property tax is based on $1,000 valuation, My rate is about $4 per 1,000. That's where my lovely state gouges the crap out of you
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Plus you have a state income tax, probably a city/county income tax and property taxes. Geez no wonder they call it Taxachusetts

We have sales tax and property tax as the bulk of our taxes on the state and local level. 6.25% state sales tax is probably the highest in the nation. Property tax is based on $1,000 valuation, My rate is about $4 per 1,000. That's where my lovely state gouges the crap out of you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's state income tax which is 5%, no city income tax. Our state sales tax is the same as yours. Property tax up here is super high, the city I live in is $21 per $1000.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know what the property tax is here, I just angrily write the check every year . Depending on the part of GA depends the sales tax, my county is 6%, but the county I grew up in like 10-20 miles away is 7% .
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FREEDOM!!!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FREEDOM!!!!!  

Do you even SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, Bro?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youre gonna want about 4" since the dogs are running on it. You should do a section of concrete with fake grass for them to lay on. Otherwise its not very pet friendly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FREEDOM!!!!!  

He's paying your MA coworkers salary tho .
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Youre gonna want about 4" since the dogs are running on it. You should do a section of concrete with fake grass for them to lay on. Otherwise its not very pet friendly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha rock beds you fuckin yanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't know what the property tax is here, I just angrily write the check every year . Depending on the part of GA depends the sales tax, my county is 6%, but the county I grew up in like 10-20 miles away is 7% .
View Quote
Our city's have the option(which they take) to add up to 2% on the 6.25% state sales tax rate.

All 50 states are trying to get together to pass a Streamlined Sales Tax. Internet sales are driving them nuts because they can't latch on to all of those sales, but they are trying really hard. The problem they are having is agreeing on a set rate

If you really want to talk about a state with some messed up tax laws, look at Patchy's home state
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Our city's have the option(which they take) to add up to 2% on the 6.25% state sales tax rate.  

All 50 states are trying to get together to pass a Streamlined Sales Tax. Internet sales are driving them nuts because they can't latch on to all of those sales, but they are trying really hard. The problem they are having is agreeing on a set rate

If you really want to talk about a state with some messed up tax laws, look at Patchy's home state
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vermont and Maine have higher taxes than MA
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You jealous your double wide don't have them?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So we were told we'd be closing on the 8th maybe, then probably the 10th, but now we just heard that it's official and set in stone that we close tomorrow.

So who's coming to Tucson to help me move and shovel rock?!?!
View Quote

I will help when I am better.  I'm still sick right now.  It fucking sucks ass.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You jealous your double wide don't have them?
View Quote

Dubba wides can be nice tho, and they are pretty expensive by trailer park standards
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us bout your yard homie.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us bout your yard homie.

http://assets6.heart.co.uk/2013/18/maldon-mud-race-6-1367774686-view-0.jpg

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Some of you may need this training, especially if Nick and EOD come to visit

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
The next teener shooting challenge signup is now. 100 yards, rifle,any optic,best ten shot group wins. Who's in?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The next teener shooting challenge signup is now. 100 yards, rifle,any optic,best ten shot group wins. Who's in?
View Quote

This cracka ass cracka is down.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in. May be awhile till I can get out to shoot though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Currently watching the Trump rally
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Watch for laughs haha
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Should we make this challenge "factory ammo" I don't care, just wanted input.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in. I'm shooting this weekend but not sure if I'll be using the 100y.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's that
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Aero AR10 $999
Should I Fo?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

When is the deadline?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Aero AR10 $999
Should I Fo?
View Quote

I know nothing of their barrels. Can you buy that in mass?

ETA. Nope.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tulammo or wolf
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aero AR10 $999
Should I Fo?

Of course I can, why wouldn't I be able to? I probably wouldn't buy that considering you can buy a complete AR10 for $1400 from them.

Just because a vendor says they won't ship to MA, most of the time they will if it's shipped to a FFL/gunsmith.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in. What's the date our groups need to be in by?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like eotech checks are being sent out. Hopefully I'll have mine in a few days
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#48]
February 28th for final group..
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds good. Hopefully we get some decent weather over the next few weeks
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh I hope.
Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top