BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2374
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya they own it. It's a bunch of old grumpy guys that know each other personally in real life bringing in real life personal shit to an interet argument. It's getting pretty nuts reading all the dirty laundry they're tossing all over the place.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit grab some popcorn and head on over to the "The Pit Is Closing" thread before it's locked.

Smiley may have somebody to add to his banned thread by the end of the night.

I've been watching it.
Your right, it's getting brutal.

TRG don't fuck around that's for sure. He's been on a roll here lately.

damn, what's his deal? do the avila's own the site? haven't kept up in that thread...

Ya they own it. It's a bunch of old grumpy guys that know each other personally in real life bringing in real life personal shit to an interet argument. It's getting pretty nuts reading all the dirty laundry they're tossing all over the place.

Basically a Pit thread, just with people who know each other, and they want to close the pit. Psh

ITS LIKE THE THIRD TIME IN THIS THREAD ALONE IVE HAD OWNAGE AND NOT CALLED IT. CURSE YOU
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm really close to foing on that CUCV.

Don't know what to send him though, 2500 is a pretty good price. Not sure if I should try and talk him down or what. Maybe ask for more pics first?

I'm really bad at this.
View Quote

Ok so here is how you do it.  He is asking 2500.  You take 2500 cash with you.  Put 500 in girlfriends purse and 2000 in your pocket.  Get there, talk to him, cheak vehicle, drive vehicle.  For every busted and broken thing, in your head you deduct 50 bucks anything big deduct 100.  After test drive you will get a feel for the deal.  

Maybe it is worth 2500, if that is the case give it to him.  But if you feel that its only worth 2200 (or what ever) then you say.  I got 2200 in cash right now for title and bill of sale.  Dont try and give him less than 2000 or 2100 unless the tranny is falling out or it dosnt start.  He will take it. Cash is king.  Remember he wants to get rid of it.  You have the advantage.

When I do this stuff I never try and work the person or take advantage of anything and I always try and be fair, but at the same time it better be the same in the oppasate direction. Dont be a push over, If its not worth 2500 and he continues to demand that, then you walk.  You say, man sorry we could not do it, but its not worth more than 2300 to me.  Most often the stubornest person will go for it when you are walking back to you car with a wad of cash in you pocket.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ok so here is how you do it.  He is asking 2500.  You take 2500 cash with you.  Put 500 in girlfriends purse and 2000 in your pocket.  Get there, talk to him, cheak vehicle, drive vehicle.  For every busted and broken thing, in your head you deduct 50 bucks anything big deduct 100.  After test drive you will get a feel for the deal.  

Maybe it is worth 2500, if that is the case give it to him.  But if you feel that its only worth 2200 (or what ever) then you say.  I got 2200 in cash right now for title and bill of sale.  Dont try and give him less than 2000 or 2100 unless the tranny is falling out or it dosnt start.  He will take it. Cash is king.  Remember he wants to get rid of it.  You have the advantage.

When I do this stuff I never try and work the person or take advantage of anything and I always try and be fair, but at the same time it better be the same in the oppasate direction. Dont be a push over, If its not worth 2500 and he continues to demand that, then you walk.  You say, man sorry we could not do it, but its not worth more than 2300 to me.  Most often the stubornest person will go for it when you are walking back to you car with a wad of cash in you pocket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know what to send him though, 2500 is a pretty good price. Not sure if I should try and talk him down or what. Maybe ask for more pics first?

I'm really bad at this.

Strong advice here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Strong advice here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm really bad at this.

Strong advice here.
Done it with a few guns I have bought.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm really bad at this.

Thanks!  I'm going to go shoot him an email and see if I can go up an see it this week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks!  I'm going to go shoot him an email and see if I can go up an see it this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really bad at this.

No Problem.  Have I earned my teener crew for ever sig now?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Aquatic sharpa I like your avitar because its so true.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks My girlfriend helped me make it. I saw it in a photo once, and Told her about it and she made it for me.

Also your a teener, get that sig line up already
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks My girlfriend helped me make it. I saw it in a photo once, and Told her about it and she made it for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a member of the home of the brave. Nice to see teeners for life.
One of them tag teamed the hottest thread in ARFcom and survived.
It's all good.....Stay in school.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:40:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

]Basically a Pit thread, just with people who know each other, and they want to close the pit. Psh  

ITS LIKE THE THIRD TIME IN THIS THREAD ALONE IVE HAD OWNAGE AND NOT CALLED IT. CURSE YOU
View Quote

lol, curse of the teener thread.. everyone is fucking up on page pwnage!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

]Basically a Pit thread, just with people who know each other, and they want to close the pit. Psh  

I am such a teener I dont have a fucking clue how to possibly know that its going to a new page.  I hardly ever own a page and when I do, I dont even know until I refressh my the page.  So.. yea
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am such a teener I dont have a fucking clue how to possibly know that its going to a new page.  I hardly ever own a page and when I do, I dont even know until I refressh my the page.  So.. yea
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works increments of 50. Pg 51, 101, 151 etc... Just takes some skill not losing to the speed posting done in GD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, it was a beautiful Sprung day, so took off on a drive up the Mississippi River. Bad pics, but you can dig it.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_120752-1_zpslirjroji.jpg

One of the widest parts of the river in Northern Iowa.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_122342-1_zps8nc8cqtu.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_121842-1_zps1tp3mgpe.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_125503-1_zpsm0y9shpx.jpg

Lock and Dam 10.

Ended up in Prairie Du Chien Wisconsin........awesome cheese curds and smoked salmon here....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_130130_zps6msrv6xm.jpg

Topped off with an awesome fucking hamburger and some Fat Tire on tap at the usual Wisconsin bar that has deceivingly good food and beer.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/sd0324/20150426_135023_zps4by2dblh.jpg

All in all, a good day off wandering around.  
View Quote

I am disappoint.

You go to Wisconsin then drink a beer from Colorado???
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#15]
ugggg fuxin mondays. whats up teeners
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm impatiently waiting for an email back from a guy with a CUCV.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hitting the gym then I have an ATC certification today. Here's to hoping I don't make any planes touch!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm at work, that's what's up. Damn Mondays.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Waiting to know if I work today lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After a week off Im back to work. I've never felt such dread.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Sitting in the jury assembly looking like a cracka ass cracka. See if it works out for me .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sitting in the jury assembly looking like a cracka ass cracka. See if it works out for me .
View Quote

Man I want to get jury duty. I think it would be fun as hell.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Start masturbating furiously, they wont select you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#24]
just say you hate everyone and whoever is on trial is guilty before they even ask you a question
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already tried that, they brought me some extra material and more lotion
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a bunch of people gathered in a large room, some dressed better than others, and feeling like a FEMA camp. Hopefully the entertainment starts soon .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
just say you hate everyone and whoever is on trial is guilty before they even ask you a question
View Quote

I think it is a traffic violation based on the initial questions, so my response of letting them fry for their actions may not be well received .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its literally just waiting. Sometimes you have to wait several days just to be told they don't need you. Its a punishment for voting...

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Its literally just waiting. Sometimes you have to wait several days just to be told they don't need you. Its a punishment for voting...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one reason a buddy didn't vote when he was younger.

Depending when I get out of here I may be making pierogis for supper. Gotta let that dough sit for an hour or so and I get cranky if I have to eat after 7
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Depending when I get out of here I may be making pierogis for supper. Gotta let that dough sit for an hour or so and I get cranky if I have to eat after 7
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a buddy tell the Judge he was a racist everytime he got called into jury duty, they always let him go.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think it is a traffic violation based on the initial questions, so my response of letting them fry for their actions may not be well received .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How bad do you have to fuck up at driving to need a jury at traffic court??
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know haha. If by chance it was a DUI I would just claim being drunk right now
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something complicated happened. I knew a guy who was a juror in a case (Late 90's) where the guy got a DUI but he was fleeing for his life, and had to use his CCW (discharged once and missed, claims to have missed on purpose). There was another big case about something similar in the news recently too I think.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had a buddy tell the Judge he was a racist everytime he got called into jury duty, they always let him go.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With taking the razor to my head, I'm sure I could pass as one
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#35]
What do y'all think? He's asking $2500

Video One

Video Two

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#37]
take the top off and put a ma duece mount in the back
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

take the top off and put a ma duece mount in the back
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Depends on your mechanical ability, as you will have to work on it. Id do it for 2k, maybe 2.1 but any more than that and it wouldn't be worth it for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not mechanically capable at all, so older shit like that is beyond me. I think they're cool as hell, but I'd have to buy one someone else restored so that makes it cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not mechanically capable at all, so older shit like that is beyond me. I think they're cool as hell, but I'd have to buy one someone else restored so that makes it cost prohibitive.
View Quote

That's the best way to learn. Get thrown into the fire and you either sink or swim .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
That's the best way to learn. Get thrown into the fire and you either sink or swim .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's my plan

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I've done a decent amount of work on my 4Runner by watching some YouTube videos and diving into it Fortunately I'm fairly mechanically inclined and I have plenty of tools so it wasn't a massive learning curve
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#45]

If you have somewhere to work on it and the tools to do so go for it. Nothing sucks worse than trying to work on a vehicle out in the elements.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Exactly. I've done a decent amount of work on my 4Runner by watching some YouTube videos and diving into it Fortunately I'm fairly mechanically inclined and I have plenty of tools so it wasn't a massive learning curve
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm about retarded with anything labor or mechanically intensive . Timing belt went out on one of my cars and I changed that by google power though, so I impressed myself .
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Would y'all stain this or just use something like a dry soap wash?
" />
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
I'd stain it a lighter color. I'm a big fan of wood grain though.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

The latter, but I like it when benches are worn in and darken naturally over time.

Some dont.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't know haha. If by chance it was a DUI I would just claim being drunk right now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's probably illegal to be drunk in a courthouse. You'll need to go with involuntary intoxication as your defense. Then you can basically do whatever you want and you're not legally liable for your actions.
Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top