Site Notices
Page / 2374
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That just happened.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wow nice job there. That's one long rail. I like it.
I am off to bed Goodnight all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Looks good! What did you use?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aerovoe spray paint in feild drab. I will add some green and dark brown later.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Hey sweet.  That looks good.

Edit, next post answers question
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see a lot of recomendations for that Aeroveo paint. Holds up better than krylon is the word.  Looks cool already.  

Have you read the usgi carbine painting guide?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I see a lot of recomendations for that Aeroveo paint. Holds up better than krylon is the word.  Looks cool already.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not, didn't know there was such a thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Where do they sell Aeroveo at?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go

MI 10-040. Its the offical small arms painting instructions.

It is a pdf linkMI 10-040 .pdf
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hmmm might have to try some of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yea me too.  Looks cool and is functional.  Better than the black.  It also helps keep it a little cooler here in hot ass arizona.

If you have any left over you can use it on your cucv depending on color choices. Hehe
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yea me too.  Looks cool and is functional.  Better than the black.  It also helps keep it a little cooler here in hot ass arizona.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like they have a way better color selection then krylon too.

ETA: Hell ya.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and I am almost certain that I read that they match the official mil color pallet.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Good job making this thread btw.

I was refered here by dbrad
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm attributing it to accuracy by volume.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea... teener foeva crew is so awsome that old memeber come in and contribute.

How come you dont have a codename?  What is it... ?  Dbrad is smoky bear i think.

Edit some of you have them others dont.  Is in the legacy peps from begining?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Mines Rick Grimes

I don't have it in my sigline because I ran out of room

ETA and because Clause is in charge of codenames we have to deal with it taking forever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

SKD tactical also carries it and is a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mines Rick Grimes

I don't have it in my sigline because I ran out of room

ETA and because Clause is in charge of codenames we have to deal with it taking forever.
View Quote

Nice. Hehe

Eta
I want a codename.  I want to be cool like the big kids. Haha
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Site sponsors are better.  Good for the site right.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Did you guys see the video of that police vs crazy family brawl in walmart parking lot in Cottenwood Arizona a couple of weeks ago. Crazy ass shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did you guys see the video of that police vs crazy family brawl in walmart parking lot in Cottenwood Arizona a couple of weeks ago. Crazy ass shit.
View Quote

Haha nope, I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a few things, it was like a looney bin.
best part about working 2nd shift is going at 3 am when NO ONE is in there but workers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Haha nope, I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a few things, it was like a looney bin.
best part about working 2nd shift is going at 3 am when NO ONE is in there but workers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cottonwood dash cam.

Yea its crazy one guy tries to take police gun,  he got his ass shot dead for that.

Its fucking chaos.  I dont know how they,deal with crazy people like that.

Eta
Here is thread with press conference and everything in AZHTF

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/580285_Video_of_the_Cottonwood_Incident.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ya, I even watched the press conference where the chief went over the events in slow mo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ya, I even watched the press conference where the chief went over the events in slow mo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea me too that was actually pretty good.  Fucking meth addict gypsies. That walmart employee was laying haymakers like a champ.  I needed the press conference to understand what was going on kind of.

Enoch got owned.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yea me too that was actually pretty good.  Fucking meth addict gypsies. That walmart employee was laying haymakers like a champ.  I needed the press conference to understand what was going on kind of.
Enoch got owned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enoch got owned.

It might sound weird but that video made me realize that the career that I was planning on doing might not be for me.

Eta: I'd rather be the guy in the fight then the one cleaning it up.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, that's insane! That walmart employee was doing work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It might sound weird but that video made me realize that the career that I was planning on doing might not be for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enoch got owned.

What were you planning on doing?  I am in medicine, I work in trauma I see all the aftermatch coming in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow, that's insane! That walmart employee was doing work.
View Quote

Right?  He better get a fucking raise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#31]
It is also crazy that the officers gun missfired.  No back up ankle revolver?

Those cops were cool headed.  I think they were trained well.  A few times you saw them pull their weapons then holster and back to punches.  Im not sure I would have been that patient especially when people are trying to rip my ear off.  I like my ears right where they are.

And for the record hands up dont shoot is what gets cops killed.  That dosnt mean shit.  But we all know that in here.  Fucking progressives sjw assholes.  I bet none of them have ever taken a punch to the face or been in a fight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What were you planning on doing?  I am in medicine, I work in trauma I see all the aftermatch coming in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enoch got owned.

FD which as you probably know, is primarily EMS.

I kind of just had an epiphany while I was watching it, and realized why going through EMT was so difficult for me. It's just not my personality type.

I hope I'm not sounding like an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I kind of just had an epiphany while I was watching it, and realized why going through EMT was so difficult for me. It's just not my personality type.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enoch got owned.

Not at all.  Being in a field that you dont like is what turns people into assholes.  Not the other way around, its good to understand before putting in a lot of time.  

So are you thinking the academy?  If I was going to be a LEO i think Highway patrol would be cool, maybe county sheriff.  My brother is a city police officer.  He likes it, he was planing on fire department but did police.  He is happy with it, he has been in it for a while now so not a rookie.  I feels for the police especially in todays political and social environment.  Hard job and little respect.  The opisate in a lot of ways.  I always thank the local sheriff guys.  We talk about guns and stuff. Almost all are totally cool.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I was planning on going city, as mine will let anyone apply who has at least a GED and is not a complete fatty. After that who knows, but the pay here for entry level is really good, and judging by the relaxed standards they are needing more guys. I still want to do some other stuff first, but career wise that's where my thoughts are headed.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I just finished loading these up .38 spc. 158 grain bullets with 4.7 gr of unique.  Mild loads for plinking.  I have another 100 ready for powder and bullets.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#36]
How many uses do you get out of your brass?

Also what do you figure your cost per round is?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was planning on going city, as mine will let anyone apply who has at least a GED and is not a complete fatty. After that who knows, but the pay here for entry level is really good, and judging by the relaxed standards they are needing more guys. I still want to do some other stuff first, but career wise that's where my thoughts are headed.

View Quote

Thats not a bad plan.  Dont wait too long.  I dont know how old you are, but make sure you get some fun stuff and traveling in now.  If you are into any extreme forms of entertainment and sports do it now.  

Shit starts moving fast once you get into your 30s.  Wife, career, kids, home all that stuff is great and I love it now, but you wont be treking in Nepal, climbing Ice, doing 360 back flips of of mt Bakers 40 footers once you settle down into life.  Guns and shooting will follow all the way which is good.  But wives and kids dont like waiting for dad or hubby to get home from adventures.

I guess what im saying is you have to have that fun because you dont want to feel you missed out of wild shit after your 40. At the same time keep the future in mind too.  You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.  Life is what you make of it, and you get to choose your own path.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll be 23 in a few months...Which is kinda freaky.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thats not a bad plan.  Dont wait too long.  I dont know how old you are, but make sure you get some fun stuff and traveling in now.  If you are into any extreme forms of entertainment and sports do it now.  

Shit starts moving fast once you get into your 30s.  Wife, career, kids, home all that stuff is great and I love it now, but you wont be treking in Nepal, climbing Ice, doing 360 back flips of of mt Bakers 40 footers once you settle down into life.  Guns and shooting will follow all the way which is good.  But wives and kids dont like waiting for dad or hubby to get home from adventures.

I guess what im saying is you have to have that fun because you dont want to feel you missed out of wild shit after your 40. At the same time keep the future in mind too.  You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.  Life is what you make of it, and you get to choose your own path.
View Quote

If clause was on top of his game you would know, and if smiley put a spreadsheet in the OP we would know too .

Smiley, I have loaded my brass probably 3-4 times and it is still strong. Just don't go full tard with the load and you won't have to worry about early case destruction. I can't remember my exact prices, but I wanna say not including brass it was in the teens for 9mm and 223, and in the low $.20 range for 40/10mm/45. Haven't started loading 308 yet though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Have you messed with case anealing at all?

I'm really going to have to save up for some reloading shit...I also need to find a place to put it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

For my pistol brass both 45 and 38 tons of use and reuse.  Easy over 10 times at least,  out of every 200 I load, i maybe toss 1 or 2.  My plinking ammo are light loads so it saves brass.

Rifle is a little different.  I get avg 7 or 8.  I have some that are over 10.  But I like a good med to heavy load in the rifle.  You handle and inspect everything so many times in process it is easy to see when stuff is getting weak or is bad.  

It made a huge difference in the amount I shoot.  I will go a few times a week and dont think twice burning 200 rounds out of my 45.  I also shoot the hell out of my AR.  Reloading is addictive which leads to more shooting.  Also my skill has improved alot because of the whole thing.

I have thousands of rounds ready for the range at any one time now.  Before it was like fuck only enough cash for 2 boxes of 38 or one box of 45.  But not enough money for 223.  Shit was expensive before. Now I dont even think about it.

223 9 cents a round
Much less for pistol
Maybe 4 cents for 38
5 cents for 45

Its hard to even say now.  You end up with more stuff than you use.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For my pistol brass both 45 and 38 tons of use and reuse.  Easy over 10 times at least,  out of every 200 I load, i maybe toss 1 or 2.  My plinking ammo are light loads so it saves brass.

Rifle is a little different.  I get avg 7 or 8.  I have some that are over 10.  But I like a good med to heavy load in the rifle.  You handle and inspect everything so many times in process it is easy to see when stuff is getting weak or is bad.  

It made a huge difference in the amount I shoot.  I will go a few times a week and dont think twice burning 200 rounds out of my 45.  I also shoot the hell out of my AR.  Reloading is addictive which leads to more shooting.  Also my skill has improved alot because of the whole thing.

I have thousands of rounds ready for the range at any one time now.  Before it was like fuck only enough cash for 2 boxes of 38 or one box of 45.  But not enough money for 223.  Shit was expensive before. Now I dont even think about it.

223 9 cents a round
Much less for pistol
Maybe 4 cents for 38
5 cents for 45

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

223 9 cents a round
Much less for pistol
Maybe 4 cents for 38
5 cents for 45

How the heck do you get so low for 45
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Have you messed with case anealing at all?

I'm really going to have to save up for some reloading shit...I also need to find a place to put it.
View Quote

No I have not, but my buddy who loads a lot of 308 and 30-06 does.

He is how it works for me.  I have a buddy who is a range officer at an outdoor range and I will swing by and talk shit about guns with him and stuff.  They have 50 gallon barrals full of brass I take what I want no cost.  I picked up about 800 to 1000 223 cases and 500 .45 ladt week.  I wont touch it until late summer.  I can get the same on tuesday if I feel like it.  I would like to start casting bullets. Then we are talking 2 cents a round... lol

When I first started before I knew people, I would drive to all the outdoor desert shooting places and find brass on ground with my dog.  Easy pickings.  Most people dont want to even pick it up.  I will do it for them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

223 9 cents a round
Much less for pistol
Maybe 4 cents for 38
5 cents for 45

Free brass is the key.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Cheak out the reloading forum, there are guys who have 30 gallon trash cans full of once fired lake city brass collecting cob webs.  You end up with a net work of people trading and stuff.  I have at least 20 or 30 pounds of 9mm brass thats just collecting from this last year and I dont even own a 9mm.  I will trade with some one eventually.  I carry a bucket in my truck and dont let a piece of brass get by me.  Also let my 9 year old picking up brass.  She loves it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Double tap
View Quote

Collect that shit anytime you can.  You can use google earth and find the local outdoor shooting areas, not the range but you know down the dirt road where people go.  if you know what to look for its easy to spot, at leadt here in arizona, no trees.  Then drive out and explore, you will have more brass than you know what to do with soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'll be 23 in a few months...Which is kinda freaky.

View Quote

Youngster, those are the good days.  They go by fast, but you got time, so have fun. Dont have babies yet thats important.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I use free brass, maybe it's time to recalculate . my first few pieces of 223 brass was a lost cause when I trimmed it, didn't have a set up so when I say hand trimmed, I mean HAND TRIMMED . Only lost a few pieces until I got my setup for trimming.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If clause was on top of his game you would know, and if smiley put a spreadsheet in the OP we would know too .

Smiley, I have loaded my brass probably 3-4 times and it is still strong. Just don't go full tard with the load and you won't have to worry about early case destruction. I can't remember my exact prices, but I wanna say not including brass it was in the teens for 9mm and 223, and in the low $.20 range for 40/10mm/45. Haven't started loading 308 yet though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no thats too much.  Buy your stuff in bulk and only on sale  Dont buy less than 1000 primers, as a matter of fact when you see a sale, buy 10,000 and you wont worry about primers for 2 years. Same with bullets.  I have a buddy who just gave me like 1000 swc that he cast.  But you can get lead bullets cheap.  Look for the deals and buy a lot when on sale.  Also buy powder in bulk if you can,  8 pounds and try to get it local. Its easier said than done.  Especially the first year or two.

I dont load 308.  I only have maybe a few hundred cases of 308 and 30-06.  I want to build an AR10 so i have started hanging on to it.

Eta
I will have to start from scratch with 308 and 30-06.  Large rifle primers... i have none,  differnt powder that I dont have.. I have been shooting the same calibers for a while so it makes it easy.  Stick to you main calibers.  Also easier said than done.... hehe

Patience is the big thing waiting for the deals.
Btw cheak out the magazine deal i posted earlyer.  7 bucks for 30 round ar mags.
Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top