Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/3/2015 5:54:08 PM EDT
Just went out to get a file to sharpen my chainsaw and noticed something was amiss. The chainsaw file, and every file in fact were gone. Upon passing the (2) 55 gallon trash cans i keep out there i glance into them and see an array of my things. Including a brand new $120 snowmobile seat cover "In the box" i had bought to replace the torn seat on my old Indy. The impossible to find sealed beam headlights for my old Case tractor. My brass tumbler, and half a bag of walnut shell media, and much much more. So still haven't found my files, and seem to have lost most of my mind along the way. Was having thoughts of coming in the house and "Cleaning" all of her favorite rooms but just poured myself some Captain, sat down at the computer and started preying for the strength instead.
   She thinks she did the greatest thing, but we've been together for 10 years, and we've been through this. It's part of the master plan isn't it? I must be rendered completely insane.

How does one proceed? I should have rushed around and took it all in at once, cause when i go back out there I know I'm going to realize the full scope of the "Cleaning" and with my already frail emotional state I just might lose it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTRFWP

In before the request for wife pics.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just went out to get a file to sharpen my chainsaw and noticed something was amiss. The chainsaw file, and every file in fact were gone. Upon passing the (2) 55 gallon trash cans i keep out there i glance into them and see an array of my things. Including a brand new $120 snowmobile seat cover "In the box" i had bought to replace the torn seat on my old Indy. The impossible to find sealed beam headlights for my old Case tractor. My brass tumbler, and half a bag of walnut shell media, and much much more. So still haven't found my files, and seem to have lost most of my mind along the way. Was having thoughts of coming in the house and "Cleaning" all of her favorite rooms but just poured myself some Captain, sat down at the computer and started preying for the strength instead.
   She thinks she did the greatest thing, but we've been together for 10 years, and we've been through this. It's part of the master plan isn't it? I must be rendered completely insane.

How does one proceed? I should have rushed around and took it all in at once, cause when i go back out there I know I'm going to realize the full scope of the "Cleaning" and with my already frail emotional state I just might lose it.
View Quote

get online and re-buy everything that is "gone".

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This is why I have my own barn, with my own shitter/shower.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
exactly why i have trip wire tied to bouncing betty's at my man cave entrance.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
You're lucky. My wife never throws anything away.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
You will never find anything ever again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on how you want to spend your weekend.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Stop drinking and get back out there before trash day.

Or keep drinking and clean up her stuff. Post video.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Build detached shop.  Don't give wife key.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Breath my man. Breath.

Perhaps banning her from the garage may work... but probably not. I'll pray for you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is trained to not touch my shit, but her father's garage hasn't been cleaned out since it was built in the 70s so that could have something to do with it too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Go in and hug her.  Kiss her and thank her for cleaning the garage.

Cook dinner for her.  Make her a bubble bath.  Give her a massage.

Make sure that she is taken care of first.

Get all your stuff and in a few days take her out to the garage and explain that many of the things thrown away were still good items.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Clean out her shoe closet.

Throw away everything that you haven't seen her wear that week or has more than one of the same color or type.
IE: keep only one pair of high heels,...etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#14]
What is this garage-cleaning wife that we are discussing? I have a split garage. MY side is neat and orderly (the way I like it). My wife's side is a mess. Despite being a compulsive house-cleaner, she likes to just dump the leaf-blower, lawn-mower, brooms, etc on my side of the garage when she's done with them. I WISH my wife would clean my garage after she's done!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get all your stuff and in a few days take her out to the garage and explain that many of the things thrown away were still good items.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF?

You know how I know you're not married?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]
 Back from range,, great  day of shooting.
  Cleaned a couple  pistols, and  a carbine.

put about maybe half of the  stuff away.

Getting  ready to jump in the shower,  

Wife  pointedly asks if THOSE 8  pistol magazines need to be THERE on the credenza/wall unit, table thing in the hall....

I am naked.  on my way INTO the shower.

Taking immediate action to rectify the  'problem' I grab  the nearest 50 caliber ammo can, slap it on the hardwood credenza/ wall unit/ table thing in the hall,  rip  open the lid, which bangs loudly on the credenza/ wall unit, table thing in the hall, slam my 8 SIG 226 magazines roughly  in the ammo can,  briskly re-fasten the lid,  and slam the  ammo box back down on the floor,  next to  gun safe...

I Jump in the shower.

Wife is pissed.

Apparently,    some scratches have appeared on the Credenza/wall-unit, table thing in the hallway.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

IBTRFWP

In before the request for wife pics.
View Quote

Wife pics not loading.  Rules!  Rules!

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Can you send her over to clean my garage

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#20]
You tell her that she has thrown away good, usable items, and to not clean the garage again.

ever.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Back from range,, great  day of shooting.   Cleaned a couple  pistols, and  a carbine.

put about maybe half of the  stuff away.

Getting  ready to jump in the shower,  

Wife  pointedly asks if THOSE 8  pistol magazines need to be THERE on the credenza/wall unit, table thing in the hall....

I am naked.  on my way INTO the shower.

Taking immediate action to rectify the  'problem' I grab  the nearest 50 caliber ammo can, slap it on the hardwood credenza/ wall unit/ table thing in the hall,  rip  open the lid, which bangs loudly on the credenza/ wall unit, table thing in the hall, slam my 8 SIG 226 magazines roughly  in the ammo can,  briskly re-fasten the lid,  and slam the  ammo box back down on the floor,  next to  gun safe...

I Jump in the shower.

Wife is pissed.

Apparently,    some scratches have appeared on the Credenza/wall-unit, table thing in the hallway.

View Quote
Well, send her over to help clean my garage, problem solved

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS.

Emphasize how expensive those thing are and how having to buy new ones would cut into her budget.  The go spend  ton of money to buy organizer containers so you can keep your stuff not looking like clutter so she won't be tempted to repeat her performance.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You tell her that she has thrown away good, usable items, and to not clean the garage again.

ever.
View Quote

I could do that.....again, for the 10th time. I'm thinking more along the lines of Shock and Awe this time. Only problem is...everything i think of will only cost me more money. I think I'm in checkmate.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine knows to leave my garage in the disarray that it is in at any given point in time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What is this garage-cleaning wife that we are discussing? I have a split garage. MY side is neat and orderly (the way I like it). My wife's side is a mess. Despite being a compulsive house-cleaner, she likes to just dump the leaf-blower, lawn-mower, brooms, etc on my side of the garage when she's done with them. I WISH my wife would clean my garage after she's done!
View Quote

Shit, I wish my wife would just use the items listed above.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm....some dudes think messy or disorganized is a proper way to live.  It isn't.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
exactly why i have trip wire tied to bouncing betty's at my man cave entrance.
View Quote

13r Every one knows you use a claymore in this situation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#28]
1. Buy another safe
2. Put everything in safe
3. ???
4. Profit
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Clean and organize your shit and shit most likely wouldn't fuck with it.  I know how old bags think, and keeping your shit squared away is the number 1 countermeasure.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I could do that.....again, for the 10th time. I'm thinking more along the lines of Shock and Awe this time. Only problem is...everything i think of will only cost me more money. I think I'm in checkmate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ever.

Go through the drawer that has her panties and bras in it, throwing away everything that you don't like.  I'm betting that would meet the definition of Shock and Awe.  Sure it will cost you money to replace it but you would get to see her in the new stuff.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]
The answer is to bring the 2 trash cans into the living room, dump them on the floor, and begin looking for your stuff.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
My cure for that shit?

Replace everything with new stuff, and let her know how much she lost, Misplaced, or threw away.

Yeah, they have a fit, but they put shit back, or ask, before throwing out stuff they consider "Clutter" in the future.

In Chick world, everything that isn't covered in fabric, is "Clutter", or needs to be painted, unless it's theirs.

Establish some limits, and build a shop.
There is a reason so many of us have a nice comfy Barn, that stinks of Gear oil, and Diesel, to find refuge in.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The answer is to bring the 2 trash cans into the living room, dump them on the floor, and begin looking for your stuff.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Why does your wife have keys to the garage?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whoa!!! Cardinal Rule #1...Do not touch anything in the garage without discussing it beforehand! The garage is my turf! The rest of the house is hers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not trying to give you an aneurism here but... Since you reload... I know a guy who toasted two surgeon actions due to his wife's cleaning... Mixed all his less empty powders into each other. His h4350 had a bunch of 4895 and similar fast burn extruded powders in it..
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without any hesitation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hmmm....some dudes think messy or disorganized is a proper way to live.  It isn't.
View Quote

Nothing makes me happier than when my wife is in "throwing shit out mode".  

Look around your room, look around your garage.  How many "things" do you have which quite literally haven't been touched in more than a year and don't qualify as art?  How about 5 years?  10 years?  

Humans hang on to a lot of trash for the sole purpose of giving their kids something to throw in a roll off container when they croak.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cook dinner for her.  Make her a bubble bath.  Push her head under the soapy bubbles and hold it there. Give her a massage.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Never ceases to amaze me the ridiculous shit some guys put up with.

We might occasionally bicker about whether or not extra dirty dishes should be stacked on the counter or the sink while the dishwasher is running.  That's about it.  Neither of us would ever consider throwing the other's tools away.  

Quoted:
Not trying to give you an aneurism here but... Since you reload... I know a guy who toasted two surgeon actions due to his wife's cleaning... Mixed all his less empty powders into each other. His h4350 had a bunch of 4895 and similar fast burn extruded powders in it..
View Quote

I hope that woman didn't have kids.   There is no excuse for an able-bodied, sound-of-mind adult to do something like that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine won't step foot in the garage. Of course it's detached. Could have a dead hooker in there and she'd never know it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

With beatings.

Then with a questionnaire of why she was in the garage in the first place..

continue with the beatings as needed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]
You have been married 10 years and your wife would attempt/do something like this?? You have failed and failed miserably.

My wife learned VERY early on in our marriage that she is NEVER to touch or move my tools…… ever.

If she needs something like a screwdriver, pair of pliers, etc. for her craft work, she asks me for them….. I have since purchased her her own tools.

My tools, garage, etc. are basically off limits to any kind of feminine cleaning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You're lucky. My wife never throws anything away.
View Quote

My Wife never cleans anything

She has occasionally dragged crap she doesn't want in the house outside and dumped it in my shop....
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Wife and step-daugher enjoy doing this.  I think the plan is to cause me to have a heart attack and die.
1st time step daughter cleaned out my truck,  second time was wife dumping everything out of my important drawer, 2 weeks ago it was part of the carport.  They don't really clean, they just shuffle stuff around so it is cheaper for me to buy new tools that figure out wtf they did with my old ones.

---

I lost the usefulness of my detached shop when she filled it with crap that will never be pulled out of her packing boxes again.  3k feet of shop lost.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Build detached shop.  Don't give wife key.
View Quote

This! As soon as possible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Stay strong brother!!

Perhaps its time to fill her jewelry box with tools
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#50]
All these worlds are yours....except Europa MY GARAGE
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top