Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2015 1:33:39 AM EDT
My sister's husband has been battling cancer for a few months. He lost his battle this morning.

He was a really good guy. He was an electronics engineer and designed car audio speakers and amplifiers. He came to us from Bulgaria in about 2002, recruited to come work for a well know car audio company here. He loved science and art and liked guns too. When he and my sister started dating we were initially a little suspicious because her previous choices in men weren't that great. But he lasted and we all liked him, loved him in fact. They got married in September of 2012. They didn't have any children, but he took my sister's daughter (now 11) in as his own. She has never met her real father and has only talked to him on the phone a couple of times. She only just in the last few months started calling him Dad.

I heard my niece telling my daughter today that her real dad doesn't want to see her and doesn't care about her. And now it's just heart breaking to see her lose the man that did care about her and whom she did call Dad. He was an intelligent and hard working man who didn't hesitate to take on the responsibilities of being a dad.  

Contrast this with my wife's sister's husband who is a worthless scumbag; convicted felon, abuser, deadbeat dad to at least two kids IN ADDITION to the three he has with my sister-in-law. He won't get a job because he will lose all of his money in child support garnishments. They live on food stamps and handouts from anyone they can get them. And just a few weeks ago he tried to commit suicide. But, like everything else in his life he failed at that too.

It just pisses me off that we have to lose good men like my sister's husband, but the worthless scumbags like my wife's sister's husband get to keep on living.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss.

It just pisses me off that we have to lose good men like my sister's husband, but the worthless scumbags like my wife's sister's husband get to keep on living.

View Quote

Could not agree more. Lot of good people in my life have lost the battle to the big C in the last year or so.

Fuck cancer.

(Forgive the broken quote)
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry man
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss, especially for the little one.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Condolences to your family.  Cancer sucks because it never takes the ones you wish it would, but it does take the ones you don't want it to.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, life just isn't fair.  Deepest condolences for the loss of a good man.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
RIP for a good man.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry man.  FUCK CANCER!!  Just found out today my brothers cancer has spread to his brain.  I was just waiting to hear "April Fools" but no such luck...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
My condolences.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#11]
RIP
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry for everyone affected by this loss. He sounds like a very good man. There is a shortage of them, for a few generations, now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top