Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2015 5:53:20 PM EDT
See if you can beat this.

Package going from OH to AR.  19 days in and it has only been to Cincinnati and Columbus.  Hasn't even left the state yet.

Two calls to the USPS and they still can't figure it out.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
USPS is on drugs. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting taxes done this year because of them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant beat it, but I had one go to the destination city, then turn around and come back to Houston, then went back to the destination city and get delivered. Took about 9 days.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
At least yours is moving.  I'm pretty sure USPS lost this one while a fellow arfcom member patiently waits

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll let you know tomorrow...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I might have you beat.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's a real feat of endevor.

Got to Guam, and sits?  Guam isn't that big, just deliver it!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I live in Oregon though.

Not sure why it ever left the country.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered some gre-tan sako extractor springs and it came from Colorado and then went to San Francisco and then to the Canadian border.  A few days later is said it cleared customs and was on its way to me. Now USPS says it can't be delivered because the address is incorrect. I have no fucking clue where the package is. I'll give it another week before I contact the seller. It's already been a couple weeks and I need these springs to have my rifle ready for bear hunting. Fuck.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered an AK flat from Brownells (2 hrs away) that went to Kansas City, MO, to Des Moines, IA, to North Carolina over the course of about a week and a half before it got here.  The previous one went to KC, MO, Des Moines, then Tennessee but only took about 1 week.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered some mid-school bmx parts from Australia from two different companies.  I will let you guys know how that turns out in a couple weeks or so.  Delivery dates say they will be here anytime from April 4th-April 22nd for one of the parts haha.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't post any fancy pic's of tracking, but the USPS's substitute driver, on the day after Thanksgiving, put our mail in the neighbors mailbox. Not so bad eh? Except, the neighbors house was empty and for sale, they were out of state for a month, the mail contained a $125 package (christmas gift) that the USPS insisted they put in our box, the sender didn't send insured, Paypal wouldn't help etc. etc.. Finally a month later the neighbor stopped bythe house and promptly delivered our one days worth of mail. I spent many hours trying to sort that mess out.
At least I got my package.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered a knife from a store on amazon that's near Austin figured it would get to me fast cause I live right outside San Antonio NOPE. It went from Austin to Dallas then down to Houston back to Austin then stopped for two days in San Antonio before it got to me. Had stuff I paid for two day shipping but it took a week for them to ship it out also.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Package status update: Train Derailment

That is the most interesting update I ever got.  still got the package too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Ordered a package from Texas. It got to the sort facility a little north of Pittsburgh, PA, where I live. Then ended up in Pittsburg, Iowa, then back to Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Package going from OH to AR.  19 days in and it has only been to Cincinnati and Columbus.  Hasn't even left the state yet.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8690/16816055588_841c04af0b_z.jpg
View Quote

Probably lost or stolen...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one that's been processed through the same sorting facility 3 times in the past 2 days, shipped out 6 days ago priority. USPS is fucking up beyond belief.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Im pretty sure I win this for the week.  

Ordered a part (a very, VERY, expensive part.. $245K.)  for an airplane, absolutely had to arrive next day,  Paid several thousand dollars for private courier to deliver from Chicago to WY overnight (ordered late Friday night).  Check tracking first thing Sat AM, and the driver is in OHIO....

Driver drove 1/3 of the country in the wrong fucking direction.  The box and BOL were addressed to here, driver attempted to deliver to the "Bill to" address (NJ), not the "Ship to".  

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#18]
This package was supposed to go from Texas to Phoenix. It's in Alaska for some reason....I don't expect it will make it here by tomorrow

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I once had a package where they shipped it to Hawaii, went "out for delivery", then back to mainland US. They were Pmags, which I'm pretty sure are illegal to have in that commie state.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a new rail for my sbr that hasn't even been scanned yet, since the 23rd.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Ill have to see if I can find the tracking number but I had a package go from San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA via Rochester, NY.

Im no Copernicus or Magellen but I know that isnt the most direct route.

ETA:
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#22]
USPS managed to "lose" 6 P220 mags.

Got an empty box that looked like it was chewed on by a pitbull.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#23]
My mom ordered a Macintosh direct from apple about ten 15 years ago and paid the extra charge or overnight shipping (i'm still not sure why she didn't NEED a new computer just wanted one). The next day the Fed-ex guy shows up with two boxes of software and accessories that she ordered to go with it but no computer. She calls Apple, Apple calls Fed-ex, computer was delivered and signed for by someone who is not us. Apple tells us to wait a few days and they will get it straightened out. a few days pass and no computer so my mom calls Apple again, Apple calls Fed-ex again, Fed ex says it was shipped to Maryland (we are in TX) and they will have it at our house the next day. This last part about calling Apple and Apple calling Fed -ex and it will be there the next day went on every day for the next three weeks. Finally the rep my mom had been talking to at Apple gave up and said "they have obviously lost it. I'll ship you a new one." I had come to this conclusion several weeks before.

The next day the hottest, cutest, most bubbly, little 98 lb, red headed, Fed-ex driver shows up at my door and informs me that she has two packages for me out in the truck but she can't carry them I go out and get them and it is not one but two computers because they finally found the first one. I take them both in and the original on is covered with graffiti that it has acquired on its journey through wherever the fuck it has been (help me I'm lost, this isn't TX, shit like that). We call Apple get an RMA for the original box, send it back, Apple refunds her money and now she has a free computer. It is just too bad she had to work for a month to get it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Didn't travel all over the country but they lied about trying to deliver it. We were here all day and the dog never barked. Plus no notice was left. They just never showed up.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Date/Time
Activity Location
3/30/2015 - Monday
4:12 pmDeliveredAlliance, OH

Given to customer. Signature Service not requested.
6:06 amOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryNORTH CANTON, OH

3/28/2015 - Saturday
8:46 amDelivery exceptionCANTON, OH

Customer not available or business closed

7:37 amOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryCANTON, OH

5:03 amAt local FedEx facilityCANTON, OH

4:51 amAt local FedEx facilityNORTH CANTON, OH

1:22 amDeparted FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH

3/27/2015 - Friday
6:17 pmArrived at FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH

5:09 amLeft FedEx origin facilityNORCROSS, GA

3/26/2015 - Thursday
9:31 pmArrived at FedEx locationNORCROSS, GA

3:30 pmPicked upNORCROSS, GA

11:49 amShipment information sent to FedEx
View Quote

Sorry FedEx, NOT A BUSINESS ADDRESS. This is my home and I was here watching out the window waiting for you as I needed this package. I paid for the Saturday delivery for a reason. And if signature not requested why not leave it at the door?

YOU LIE!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8690/16816055588_841c04af0b_z.jpg
View Quote

It's being searched for cotraband.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#27]
USPS has been fucking up for me too
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Haven't experience that kind of derp.  

When we built a house in a new subdivision we had some issues with lazy delivery drivers.  Said 'address not found' because it didn't come up on their GPS.  I'd watch the track get closer and closer to my house.  Then "out for delivery"...yeah!.  Didn't find a package on my porch and then see it checked back in to the local facility heading back out of town.  

Once I recycled a box and left just a bit of the bar code readable.  Package was out for a few days then it showed back up on my porch.  Somewhere in the pipe that barcode got read and the package came back.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
USPS has gone from a fairly reliable 2 day (priority) service to a 4-6 day (IF it's delivered) kind of service as of the 1st of Jan.

I don't know what happened, presumably something with the USPS restructure, but USPS has gone to fucking shit since the start of 2015. I hate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top