Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
2 cups of Grape Nuts every morning for breakfast.  I don't have constipation problems.  I don't have them about 3 or 4 VERY LARGE times a day actually.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
la cura

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Constipation?  Try chemotherapy and you'll know it well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Too much cheese.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
It could all be solved with Metamucil or other fiber supplements.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread stinks !!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really can't give a shit about this subject.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You could have made the case that more people were using them 5 years ago, but I doubt you could right now.

The war on drugs has basically banned any painkiller that works.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Coincidently enough, oxy and other pain pills which use is rising also make you constipated.

You could have made the case that more people were using them 5 years ago, but I doubt you could right now.

The war on drugs has basically banned any painkiller that works.  

Not here. My percriptions work. If I take my pain meds a lot they plug me up bad.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#9]
<Kramer>"They had to use the apparatus, Jerry.  You know.  The big E."</Kramer>
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess I've never had that big of an issue, but I would have to not poop for about a week to consider it worth a trip to the ER.

I mean, really?

You can't wait until morning to hit up a walk in clinic?

Besides.....
Drink a clear glass bottle of Magnesium Citrate from Wal-Mart.

If you aren't crapping within the next 24 hours you aren't breathing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Gee, people eat artificial food that cannot be digested properly.

They get fat from said food.

Then, because they are fat, they need pain pills for all the ailments from being a fat slob.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:13:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Our Grandparents generation were pretty savvy even without the damned Internet.

EVERY Kid back in the 70's, had a Granny with a 3 month supply of Philips Milk of Amnesia, and it was the cure for everything.

Got a headache? It's because you didn't poop today.... obviously. Here, Gag this spoon full of Mint flavored bird shit down.

How is it nobody today knows about the Magic elixir?
I keep an emergency stash of the stuff, as the Nuclear option. One dose, and it's like pressure washing the Colon.
Doc has me on Steroids or pain killers, no problem. Just two doses.
E-Room? Forget it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
aging population too

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
aging population too

View Quote

Gawd yes, I spent 8 hours in an ER with my 84 year old mother, after 12 hours at home, after she spent 4 days waiting.  After 2 hours in the waiting room, I started getting a loudrunning commentary on various aspects of why she had to wait while all the minorities went first.  Apparently bleeding and heart attacks don't count.

We thought surgery was on the horizon, after she went through the list of everything she had tried.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#15]
These people come in to clinic frequently. Occasionally, it's a true bowel obstruction, which is a potential surgical emergency. But most are just plugged up, don't drink enough and eat poorly. It's usually a chronic problem. And opioids, muscle relaxers, antihistamines, and many others definitely make it worse.

6 oz of Mag Citrate, mixed with Ginger ale or 7-Up often does the trick. If it hasn't worked in 4 hours, repeat. Either that or the nurse with the smallest hands has to go mining for nuggets.

If the eagle still has not landed, I often prescribe 1 gallon of Go-Lytely (I love that name). This is the bowel prep prior to a colonoscopy.

It's never once failed. Those poor devils feel like they're crapping food clear back from when Nixon was president.

(not medical advice. Talk to your doctor if you're FOS)
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Coincidently enough, oxy and other pain pills which use is rising also make you constipated.
View Quote

Boom!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Listened to a guy screaming in the background of a 911 call and over the ambulance radio due to severe constipation. Homeboy must've been backed up something fierce.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:05:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Well shit...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top