BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone who dies while encountering police seem to have one of two things in common. Fleeing or fighting.
View Quote

Instinctual response when facing predators.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Had to be an accelerant of some kind in that cab.
Gas fumes, something...  
View Quote

THIS.

That car exploded into flames.  No way that should happen without an explosive atmosphere.  Wonder did the guy have meth making chemicals with him that spilled during the chase?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did that guy survive?

I don't remember, if anyone ever said.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did that guy survive?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Heck I knew a guy who was involved in one of the first death by taser fire incidents, his department learned a hard lesson about flammable pepper spray.
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/user/phb1gt/media/deforest-kelley-bones-star-trek_zps9362697c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k407/phb1gt/deforest-kelley-bones-star-trek_zps9362697c.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did that guy survive?

<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/user/phb1gt/media/deforest-kelley-bones-star-trek_zps9362697c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k407/phb1gt/deforest-kelley-bones-star-trek_zps9362697c.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My biggest problem with this is that according to the info this took place in 2012 and was recorded over.
Then is was recovered after much effort after that (luckily).
Now why after a death on video of someone in police custody would someone record over and not save that video as evidence...unless they were trying to destroy evidence, which is a crime.
So at this point the only crime that happened for sure is the destruction of evidence and evidence tampering. Something someone should be going to jail for without even looking any further in to the merits of this case.
With almost all cases being video taped now as the norm I think its time for mandatory jail sentences for those convicted of video evidence tapering, being that it can cut either way...used to convict or be evidence destroyed.
SOP should be tapes get locked down from high crimes and if "accidentally" taped over the mandatory sentence kicks in for those involved.
Sort of like the drunk SS agents that crashed into the WH gate a couple of weeks ago, then the vid was recorded over as if no one thought that it might be of importance...BS, they knew exactly what they did.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did that guy survive?

I see ... thank you.    
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Eh...stupid games/prizes and all that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My biggest problem with this is that according to the info this took place in 2012 and was recorded over.

Now why after a death on video of someone in police custody would someone record over and not save that video as evidence...unless they were trying to destroy evidence, which is a crime.

So at this point the only crime that happened for sure is the destruction of evidence and evidence tampering. Something someone should be going to jail for without even looking any further in to the merits of this case.

With almost all cases being video taped now as the norm I think its time for mandatory jail sentences for those convicted of video evidence tapering, being that it can cut either way...used to convict or be evidence destroyed.

SOP should be tapes get locked down from high crimes and if "accidentally" taped over the mandatory sentence kicks in for those involved.

Sort of like the drunk SS agents that crashed into the WH gate a couple of weeks ago, then the vid was recorded over as if no one thought that it might be of importance...BS, they knew exactly what they did.          
View Quote

Nothing in the article says what you are asserting>  BP said the video was recorded over, FBI found the video.  That's it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Then attempted to erase the tapes by recording over them.

The fact that the FBI forensics examiners are involved tells you most of what you need to know.
View Quote

Nu uh bro. Man in the arena.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Everyone who dies while encountering police seem to have one of two things in common. Fleeing or fighting.
View Quote

The police ran away. Innocent parties don't usually do that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So's the driver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So's the driver.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor do any responsible human beings.  But, of course, we're talking cops here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, they ain't the FD. Don't want to be caught stealing work from the IAFF.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Driving the wrong way on the interstate.

With an open gas can in the vehicle.

Won't comply after being spike stripped, after an extensive pursuit.

Seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bitch was riding dirty in a Constitution free zone.  
There ain't no rights in the Constitution free zone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since the Border Patrol was involved, I'm sure this had something to do with crossing the border, right?

Bitch was riding dirty in a Constitution free zone.  
There ain't no rights in the Constitution free zone.

I'm sure hauling ass against the flow of traffic on the interstate had nothing to do with the stop.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Explosion blew open the rear door of the car, that would make most people back away including fire fighters.

The last time I ran from the cops I dumped gas all over the inside of my car.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Shocking...taser...in thread title!

ha ha!

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You forgot "being near anyone else appearing to do either or both of those".  

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did you at least listen to the video?  He was "hauling ass"--the wrong way down a four lane.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

usually i'm with you, but late at night, no lights/sirens, cars trying to pull me over....fuck that i'm hauling ass

Did you at least listen to the video?  He was "hauling ass"--the wrong way down a four lane.  

Did he hit anyone?

No?

VICTIMLESS CRIME!

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#24]
He said the agents were
in unmarked cars, that Martin had no idea they were Border Control and
that they failed to identify themselves, and that Martin was frightened.

I see blue and red lights flashing, that with stop strips should have been a clue

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#25]
They really did deploy a burner.......
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I can understand why the FBI is on to this.

Is anyone else excited Skully and Mulder are back??
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Border Patrol has dash cams?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:24:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Cop1: LOLS I saran wrapped all the shitters in the locker room! April Fools Day is the best!
Cop2: I replaced Rusty's Taser cartridge with some Willy Pete I got at the gun show!
*14 hours later*

Cop 3: OUTA THE CAR MOTHER FU-------
Cop2: APRIL FOO-----------

Cop2: -------OOOUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Border Patrol said the video had been recorded over and was gone, however the FBI's forensic division were able to track it down.  
View Quote

Gabriel Pacheco, a lead Border Patrol union representative, said that the proper protocols were followed in the chase and stopping Martin's vehicle.

He said the fire posed a high risk to the agents, and that Martin's death could have been avoided if he had just pulled over.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing in the article says what you are asserting>  BP said the video was recorded over, FBI found the video.  That's it.
View Quote

Huh? Forensic division doesn't usually get involved unless they have to do data recovery. Y'know, like from a storage device where someone attempted to erase the file or record over it.

Border Patrol said the video had been recorded over and was gone, however the FBI's forensic division were able to track it down.
View Quote

Here's a quote from another article about the incident.

Iredale told NBC 7 that Border Patrol initially said the video was gone, recorded over by other footage. However, the FBI's forensic division used its technology to pull out the video from that March day.
View Quote

What do you think they're pulling that video out from? Their ass?

Interestingly enough, here's another quote from that NBC San Diego article:

However, Iredale claims the Border Patrol agents were not following their own protocol by failing to identify themselves. He pointed out a moment in the video, several minutes after the explosion, where one of the agents walks to the side of the road and appears to reach something.
When he is shown on camera again, he is wearing what appears to be a badge -- something he was not wearing before when they pulled over Martin.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it was an honest mistake and no one realized video of a chase ending with the suspect burning to death just might be evidence.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

However, Iredale claims the Border Patrol agents were not following their own protocol by failing to identify themselves. He pointed out a moment in the video, several minutes after the explosion, where one of the agents walks to the side of the road and appears to reach something.
When he is shown on camera again, he is wearing what appears to be a badge -- something he was not wearing before when they pulled over Martin

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:17:36 AM EDT
[#34]
dude, it's illegal for BP to stop illegal imm....errrr....undocumented voters....errrr...undocumented Americans, what the hell else does the BP have to do?! Dude probably hadn't tased anyone in a month.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Were the brake lights flicking on/off or am I seeing stuff?
View Quote

Gonna take a guess and say if you were seated in a car and suddenly went up in flames, you wouldn't be sitting still with your hands on the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock waiting patiently for the agents to at least put out the flames.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#36]
The whole situation sucks.
It appears to be a fuck up, then a cover up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/fSBtASk.jpg

Gabriel Pacheco, a lead Border Patrol union representative, said that the proper protocols were followed in the chase and stopping Martin's vehicle.

He said the fire posed a high risk to the agents, and that Martin's death could have been avoided if he had just pulled over.

Wasn't he a live until he pulled over...

had to be something explosive in the car..surprised the officer didn't smell it..not much he could do about it if he didn't smell it....courious why they left though, and why record over it....
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cop1: LOLS I saran wrapped all the shitters in the locker room! April Fools Day is the best!
Cop2: I replaced Rusty's Taser cartridge with some Willy Pete I got at the gun show!
*14 hours later*

Cop 3: OUTA THE CAR MOTHER FU-------
Cop2: APRIL FOO-----------
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/31/23/272D227D00000578-0-image-a-17_1427841976398.jpg

Cop2: -------OOOUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Dude previously took part in a high speed chase after a DUI hit and run? Oh, so this is just karma entering the scene... I see. Cops shoulda grabbed their hotdogs and marshmallows and basked in the warmth of shitheads firey demise. Fuck'im.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The whole situation sucks.
It appears to be a fuck up, then a cover up.
View Quote

I fail to see anything fucked up about the situation.  I've made it through my life thus far without any negative police interactions.  I'm sure this guys was a real winner to get to that point.  My "Give a Fuck-o-meter" is bottomed out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With a quick flash and ensuing fire, would you not be worried about unknown volatile chemicals being present and potentially a much bigger blast?

I agree with calling the FD, but am not sold on fighting that with a handheld
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should have grabbed their fire extinguishers (if nothing else, it shows some effort to save the driver).  They should have called 9-11 for a fire department and EMTs.  This shows they attempted to get assistance.  

With a quick flash and ensuing fire, would you not be worried about unknown volatile chemicals being present and potentially a much bigger blast?

I agree with calling the FD, but am not sold on fighting that with a handheld

If I pulled the trigger on the device that started that sumbitch, you better bet your ass that I'm going to try and put it out and help the guy.  

But when you beat into a group of people's head every day that "every citizen you contact could be a hardened criminal intent on ending your life and ensuring you never get home to your family", don't be surprised when they treat the citizens like they are all scum!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hmmmmmmm . . . you posted that two hours ago and not one member has called for you to be hanged, banned, or hamstrung.  Imagine that!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hmmmmmmm . . . you posted that two hours ago and not one member has called for you to be hanged, banned, or hamstrung.  Imagine that!  

I dont get it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your name is fitting....
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Rolling meth lab maybe
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont get it.

Start reading at this post and you will get it.

I get it now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dude previously took part in a high speed chase after a DUI hit and run? Oh, so this is just karma entering the scene... I see. Cops shoulda grabbed their hotdogs and marshmallows and basked in the warmth of shitheads firey demise. Fuck'im.
View Quote

Instead they fled the scene.  Nice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had no idea what would happen next. A few more gallons of gas exploding could have killed them all.

they had no legal obligation to try to put out the fire. to do so might have put them in danger of a secondary explosion.

they had no way of knowing what was in the car or when it would explode.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top