[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's called "asking for trouble"
View Quote
qft

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They have every right to tell gay people to shove their gayness up their ass, and gay people have ever right to tell them to shove their "Christian values" up theirs.

Freedom is fucking ugly sometimes.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Who the hell serves pizza at a wedding reception?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28681598/rfra-first-business-to-publicly-deny-same-sex-service

I've never seen it at a reception, but I have seem many pizzas served as a midnight snack.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28681598/rfra-first-business-to-publicly-deny-same-sex-service

It doesn't have to be at the wedding itself. There are rehearsal dinners, too.  And "Jack and Jill" parties, but i guess this would be a "Jack and Jack"  or a "Jill and Jill".

It may be asking for trouble but this is how we ended up here.  By polite people being quiet about what they believe.  Trouble may come to these people, sure, but i wish them strength to handle any that does and it sounds like they have a religious foundation to help give them support.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you believe in private property rights, there should be nothing illegal about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a colored or mixed couple came in I would not sell them pizza  

My store my rules, I dont like blacks or mixed couples....

I can't help they were born black or gay, that's not my problem.

See how that sounds now

If you believe in private property rights, there should be nothing illegal about that.

If your property is "private" why are you inviting the PUBLIC into your front door for the purpose of COMMERCE?

Do you think that participation in commerce is a unilateral transaction where one party sets all the conditions and the other party has no say?

If you want a private transaction on private property with unilateral conditions, don't invite the public onto your property. Otherwise, you should expect your commerce to be regulated as as fully authorized by the constitutions and laws of every state and the public, as a participant in that commerce, to set conditions for transactions. Like, you know, their city, state, country, their rules.

Which it sounds like this pizza place is doing. They serve anyone that comes to their location.

Going to a different location for events shouldn't be covered by public accommodation laws and I've never seen anybody (despite the stupid examples in GD) ever being told to sell something they don't normally sell (ie: make Muslims cater pork)

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good for them.
View Quote

Any business should be free to serve/not serve people as they please. Not the governments job.

Not saying I would do the same as ghey money spends the same as straight money
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I never , ever saw pizza at a wedding, I don't even believe redneck's do that.
View Quote
Yep they do, been to one kinda by accident

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
"There's no such thing as bad press"

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If your property is "private" why are you inviting the PUBLIC into your front door for the purpose of COMMERCE?

Do you think that participation in commerce is a unilateral transaction where one party sets all the conditions and the other party has no say?

If you want a private transaction on private property with unilateral conditions, don't invite the public onto your property. Otherwise, you should expect your commerce to be regulated as as fully authorized by the constitutions and laws of every state and the public, as a participant in that commerce, to set conditions for transactions. Like, you know, their city, state, country, their rules.

Which it sounds like this pizza place is doing. They serve anyone that comes to their location.

Going to a different location for events shouldn't be covered by public accommodation laws and I've never seen anybody (despite the stupid examples in GD) ever being told to sell something they don't normally sell (ie: make Muslims cater pork)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See how that sounds now

Show me where in the Constitution it says a pizzeria has to serve gays?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Any business should be free to serve/not serve people as they please. Not the governments job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for them.

Pizza?

But telling a wedding photographer they have to do business with gays bit out of line.

There you actually force them to be in the company of gays and interacting with a life syle they are not comfortable being around.

Some of us do not want to see 2 guys french kissing, I don't want to have to explain to our little guys/girls why there are 2 men kissing that way.

Thats a conversation for when they are much older than 5

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Noooooooooooooo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a friend that directly after saying his vows runs out side and does a burn out in his truck. Then ordered a bunch of pizza from little ceasers.  It was about as red neck as you can get for a wedding.

Noooooooooooooo

I was at a wedding were the groom's brother shouted HELL YEAH! Held a beer over his head and cracked it open after the vows... everyone shouted WOOOOOOOOOO let's get drunk!!!

Yes... it was in their front yard....
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]

"I applaud the Supreme Court’s decision to protect the religious freedom of all Americans, both individually and collectively. The notion that religious freedom belongs only to some, and even then only in private, defies our nation's traditions, our laws, and our Constitution. And as the Supreme Court rightfully said today, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act could not have been clearer in saying religious liberty of all Americans must be equally protected and not unnecessarily burdened."

-  Orin Hatch

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their business, their rules.

Plenty of pizza places will serve homosexuals.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Last gay wedding I was at had some pretty damn good food.  Thought it funny and ironic that a lesbian wedding served "Walking Fish Tacos".  

Sounds like this could be solid marketing.  Now every gay couple will go buy their pizza hoping they get denied so they can make a big stink.  Meanwhile, pizza place gladly serves everyone and profits are suddenly up 200%.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Sausage and Anchovies = Good To Go

Sausage and Sausage = No Go

Anchovies and Anchovies = No Go

The distinction which makes the "discrimination" legal is that it is for a wedding, and NOT just discriminating against anyone who is Gay.

The Media is ignoring that fact.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that sounds now

Show me a constitution that does no allow regulation of commerce.

What you do on private property is regulated, you can't murder and rape just because you're on property you control.

What you do while engaging in COMMERCE is regulated.

States may pass laws every session to regulate commerce. Selling pizza is commerce. Therefore the city/state has the power (granted to it by its citizens) to say how pizza is sold and the conditions under which a business must operate.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good for them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Why can't the gays open their own pizza shops, wedding bakeries, etc?  

Is it because there really isn't enough demand to strictly cater to a gay marketplace?  

They know this and they must force their beliefs on everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Pizza is homosexual. Fuck pizza.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pizza is homosexual. Fuck pizza.  
What is a gay pizza, lots of Anchovies or long sausage

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Good for them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. The right to deny service to anyone for any reason

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What you do on private property is regulated, you can't murder and rape just because you're on property you control.

States may pass laws every session to regulate commerce. Selling pizza is commerce. Therefore the city/state has the power (granted to it by its citizens) to say how pizza is sold and the conditions under which a business must operate.

View Quote

Right up until it violates someone else's Natural and Constitutional rights, namely in this case the freedom of conscience.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is it because there really isn't enough demand to strictly cater to a gay marketplace?  

View Quote

The dumb thing is with this whole thread is that when I worked at a pizza place back in high school we never cared what the order was for.  "You want twenty pizzas on Sunday at 4?  That's $150."  Unless they bring up their gay wedding nobody will care.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that sounds now

So your private property ceases to be private property because you sell to the public?  Who owns the business then, the "public"?

Of course commerce is not a unilateral transaction. In a free society, *both* parties must agree to the transaction.  I agree to sell, and you agree to buy.  If either party doesn't like the terms then they are free to take their commerce elsewhere.

What are the limits to your principle here?  What other activities do you believe that the government has the right to compel from private citizens?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Is Freedom to be Gay more important than Freedom to practice one's Religion?

Is Freedom to practice one's Religion more important than Freedom to be Gay?

When in doubt, look to see which side is demanding that the State compel one party to do something against their will.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I'm thinking.

You are making pizzas, probably just like every other pizza that goes out the door that day, nobody is asking you to do anything special like write out, say, or craft something that goes against your religious beliefs.  I'm not seeing a substantial burden.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So your private property ceases to be private property because you sell to the public?  Who owns the business then, the "public"?

Of course commerce is not a unilateral transaction. In a free society, *both* parties must agree to the transaction.  I agree to sell, and you agree to buy.  If either party doesn't like the terms then they are free to take their commerce elsewhere.

What are the limits to your principle here?  What other activities do you believe that the government has the right to compel from private citizens?

View Quote

Health care?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#28]
"You WILL accept us..even if we have to break you"    and the majority will fall into line...congratulations "freedom lovers"
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How can you tell a pizza customer is gay?

While I think people should have the right to do business with, I also think it's just that, business.
View Quote

How would you know anyone is gay?   they'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The dumb thing is with this whole thread is that when I worked at a pizza place back in high school we never cared what the order was for.  "You want twenty pizzas on Sunday at 4?  That's $150."  Unless they bring up their gay wedding nobody will care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  The pizza place would have to show a burden, a substantial burden - and in most cases they can't.

Now, If the customers want a peperoni penis pizza, then the owner is perfectly within his rights to tell them to GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#31]
My local Pizza place kicked a woman out, because she kept insisting that pineapple and ham on a pizza is good and that they should put it on the menu.

Everyone clapped as she was shown the door.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

My brother's second wedding was football themed, performed on the fifty yard line at a high school field.

With a nacho cheese fountain, gourmet tortillas, lots of typical superbowl finger food, custom-labelled plastic longnecks...  

Her side wore Bears, his side wore Raiders.  The parents wore ref jerseys and the pastor wore a ref jersey and white hat.
During the "does anyone object to this union..." piece he pulled out a penalty flag and looked around before putting it away.

It was actually a pretty righteous time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How would you know anyone is gay?   they'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think people should have the right to do business with, I also think it's just that, business.

When they pay with this, it's usually a fair bet...

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

here's how federal law actually works compared to what you think it does.

Anything expressly not forbidden under federal law is allowed.

There is no law saying (in this case) that you have to serve a gay person.
And intrastate commerce is not supposed to be regulated inside a state with few exceptions
Please show us all the specific law regarding the non serving of a gay person?

Whats next, marrying your dog and wanting to have dinner with the pouch?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

if they want to do without the income. They can.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they pay with this, it's usually a fair bet...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-l-fhMhumW80/Ua0CXWw45uI/AAAAAAAAHaM/EivsNYG6drA/Pride_CARD.com_Prepaid_Visa_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png?imgmax=800

I didn't know James Smith was one of THEM.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do they serve pizza to wedding parties that have liars, adulterers, thieves, atheists, etc, etc in attendance?
View Quote

I AIN'T SELLING TIRES FOR NO GAY WEDDING

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Has the Justice Department sued them yet?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Where is the stink about stores that deny entry to people who legally carry firearms (open or concealed)?

This whole kerfuffle is bullshit
View Quote

I've been thinking this the whole time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, who puts walnuts on a pizza?

Worst. Chef. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is the stink about stores that deny entry to people who legally carry firearms (open or concealed)?

Want to carry in a business that prohibits carry? Don't tell them. Concealed means concealed.

Gay and want to buy pizza from a place that doesn't serve gays? Keep your cock holster shut, buy the pizza and leave.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking gun owners have a legit shot at protected class when banks, with the aid of the Justice Dept. deny them banking services and equate the lawful business of firearms with drugs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My local Pizza place kicked a woman out, because she kept insisting that pineapple and ham on a pizza is good and that they should put it on the menu.

Everyone clapped as she was shown the door.
View Quote
Now that I can see!

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good.  Gay people dont want "equality".....they have always had that.  They want their morals and behavior forced onto people.
View Quote

Well said.  There's no such thing as group rights, only individual rights.  That said maybe the fucking government shouldn't be in the
marriage business and leave it to the church. End of problem.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Good for them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#47]
So play devil's advocate from a believers perspective for a minute.  What does the word say about giving to those who ask and feeding your brother?   Entertaineth me GD.

I do not support gays nor should a business be forced to serve them.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So play devil's advocate from a believers perspective for a minute.  What does the word say about giving to those who ask and feeding your brother?   Entertaineth me GD.

I do not support gays nor should a business be forced to serve them.  
View Quote

Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Charity is fine and dandy when it comes from the heart-not the barrel of the Government's guns forcing you to do it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Hate Pizza.....MMmmmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I find it funny (and mostly stupid) that people in the business of making money will not take money from gays, their hate overrides their business sense. Plenty of haters here too I see. What you dinosaurs don't get is that the world (and our country) is trying to move away from being homophobic tards that hate everyone that is not exactly like them, evolve or die. Oops, you same dumb asses probably don't believe in evolution either so just die and make the world a little bit better. This is the civil rights movement of our times - equality for gays, if you are against it, you might want to question what the hell your problem is. People being gay somewehere does not affect my life at all, why the hell do you let it affect yours?

Reminds me of a locksmith shop I went to recently, local family run, the kind I like to do business with. White family, which is kinda rare and nice in El Paso. I was very nice to them (as I am to everyone I first meet) but I could sense that they didn't really want me in the shop, no smiles, no greeting, (felt like I was in a gun store lol) mostly from the 20 something dude with white power type tattoos. I am half korean/half irish - so a "gook" to racist people. While the dude was making some keys for me, I was asking about more services that they could do for me, which ended up with them making alot of money from me (thousands). After that they had a completely different attitude towards me as they saw how much money they were going to make. Even tattoo boy is nice to me now as I probably helped pay for his new Harley, they may be racist, but they're not stupid. The pizza owners in this case are just being stupid.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top