Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/31/2015 11:07:04 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/LibertySafe/posts/10153191769419589

I'll take my chances with my "residential safety container" Liberty Safe, thank you very much.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you boil it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
must be good whisky if you have to keep it in the safe
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
In before the Liberty haters.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Which model?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you boil it?
View Quote

Did I boil it, he says.    

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Soak it in WD-40 and if that doesn't work try acetone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
To a crisp? Is that what it looks like?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Good
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Kinda looks like my safe. Only my interior is greyish
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Bet that owner wished he had stored more stuff in it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Safe thread that delivers... WTF is going on?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which model?
View Quote

I'm curious too
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Where's the AR?

eta:  NM, just saw the OP's location.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
God struck you with fire due to not owning enough guns
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it would have even protected the bagged milk....
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah it's not mine.

I had a shitty day, but not that shitty.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kinda looks like my safe. Only mine isn't burnt
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope that whiskey is still good.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda looks like my safe. Only mine isn't burnt

That too.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Dope, I just read the FB link. I thought you were bashing the safe, but this is indeed what a positive outcome looks like. That must just be some water that carried ash onto the butt stocks, which will probably wipe right off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude needs to put a Golden Rod in there, his safe is rusting.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Is that a 100 round box of 22 on the 2nd shelf from the bottom?  If it is, get a new safe quick!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Did pretty good
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm working on a Liberty safe dealer this week. They have one of those toasted safes. And another one that is been pryed on and shot up. I might end up with a pistol safe buy the end of this job.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is that a 100 round box of 22 on the 2nd shelf from the bottom?  If it is, get a new safe quick!  
View Quote

Neckbeards be coming for that box of 22LR. It may be the most valuable thing in the safe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I am sorry but liberty safes are junk.  That safe while charred, I doubt was subjected to high temperatures for any significant amount of time. I would like to see a broader shot of the safe.  I am betting seeing that broader shot would show the fire was not as bad as it would appear by zooming in on the safe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a Liberty, hope it's fire-proofness never gets tested like that. The dealer tried to sell me one with an even higher fire rating that would be great for an hour.

I told him there was no such thing as an hour long mobile home fire.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah it's not mine.

I had a shitty day, but not that shitty.  
View Quote

Shocked I tell you shocked.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Safes are great, especially for irreplaceable items but at the end of the day a good insurance policy trumps a safe.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I have a Liberty, hope it's fire-proofness never gets tested like that. The dealer tried to sell me one with an even higher fire rating that would be great for an hour.

I told him there was no such thing as an hour long mobile home fire.
View Quote
Sorry I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am sorry but liberty safes are junk.  That safe while charred, I doubt was subjected to high temperatures for any significant amount of time. I would like to see a broader shot of the safe.  I am betting seeing that broader shot would show the fire was not as bad as it would appear by zooming in on the safe.
View Quote

You mean like this?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Why is it so empty?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hope that whiskey is still good.
View Quote

It is Jameson.  
With any luck the fire gave it some flavor.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZikSlwWm30#t=93

No I mean something like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhOjWHbD6M

That is a liberty safe btw that got they pried open in less than two minutes.  In addition, did you notice in your video that there were no guns in the safe primarily paper?  Paper doesn't rust, metal subjected to high temps would rust and had their been plastic parts (ar15) on a gun they would have been melted off.  Btw, there is another video out there of a liberty safe being opened up like a tin can using nothing more than a splitting maul.  You want to trust your valuables to a liberty knock your self out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you look closely, you will see a Liberty safe still standing tall and intact after the EF5 tornado in Moore OK.  The dealer gave the owner a new safe and this one now sits on the dealer's floor as a tornado survivor.  None of the contents of the safe were damaged in any way, the door was undamaged except for paint and easily opened normally.  The house was totally destroyed.

http://i.imgur.com/QLx69zj.png
View Quote

I would submit that any safe properly bolted to the concrete pad in that exact location would have survived.  But this proved nothing, forces exerted on the safe from wind and wind driven projectiles is not the same as someone attacking the safe with tools.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#38]
So who makes  the best safes?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is a liberty safe btw that got they pried open in less than two minutes.  In addition, did you notice in your video that there were no guns in the safe primarily paper?  Paper doesn't rust, metal subjected to high temps would rust and had their been plastic parts (ar15) on a gun they would have been melted off.  Btw, there is another video out there of a liberty safe being opened up like a tin can using nothing more than a splitting maul.  You want to trust your valuables to a liberty knock your self out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my opinion American Security  BF series (~$4,000) are great but the really top end would be their TL series (~$9,000) I am guessing on the prices as it has been a few years since I looked at them.  In addition there is a guy here who is a professional locksmith I think that can weigh in as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/jlf4b.jpg

Just a dude whose done a ton of research and looked most brands of safes in person.  Liberty safe are junk.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Thank god the Jameson is safe, you're gonna need it

If a normal hobo lives in fridge box, does a high class hobo live in a safe?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just a dude whose done a ton of research and looked most brands of safes in person.  Liberty safe are junk.
View Quote

Wasn't calling you the competitor marketing guy, but the guy in the youtube vidya.

Is any $1000 safe as good as a $4000 safe? probably not.
Would meth head cheese dicks be able to get in that liberty safe if it was bolted to the floor and placed in a corner where said meth head cheese dicks would be unable to get leverage with a prybar? Not unless they had better tools and a lot more time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#44]
DAY 1
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wasn't calling you the competitor marketing guy, but the guy in the youtube vidya.

Would meth head cheese dicks be able to get in that liberty safe if it was bolted to the floor and placed in a corner where said meth head cheese dicks would be unable to get leverage with a prybar? Not unless they had better tools and a lot more time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, but if all you are looking for is smash and grab protection, you can buy that for a lot less than $1,000.

Now having said that, even a $10,000 safe can be broken into given enough time and the proper tools.
The goal is to make it too time consuming and loud for someone to be able to break into it before they are discovered.  That is where some sort of alarm system would help reduce the time available.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#46]
I like Liberty and I would have gone w/them if the
Liberty dealer here in Tucson wasn't such an ass.

I am more concerned w/forced entry than fire or
weather, living in the desert, but the RSC I ended
up with more that fits the bill.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I can personally attest that Liberty will stand behind their lifetime warranty.

I lost a safe in September (Liberty Presidential).  I bought it in 1996.  The dealer I bought it from dug through the attic and found my original purchase order (Liberty Safe, Sacramento, CA) even though it had been almost 20 years.

Liberty gave me absolutely no hassle.  They sent me paperwork, I filled it out, they sent me a new safe to the closest dealer.  I paid for shipping only.

When I bought my Liberty, it was $3200.  The new one was almost $6K, and Liberty also decked the new safe with lights, an outlet, dehumidifier, and door storage--all things my old safe did not have.  When I called Liberty to make sure a mistake wasn't made, they said "When you bought your safe in 1996, you bought our top of the line.  We replaced it with the same model, top of the line."

Liberty is good in my book.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have the time, I really, really recommend reading ARFcom's own safe thread.  There's some very knowledgeable people posting in that thread that will provide the information you seek.  

You really don't know what you want until you learn a little about safes.  Read the thread.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:44:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you look closely, you will see a Liberty safe still standing tall and intact after the EF5 tornado in Moore OK.  The dealer gave the owner a new safe and this one now sits on the dealer's floor as a tornado survivor.  None of the contents of the safe were damaged in any way, the door was undamaged except for paint and easily opened normally.  The house was totally destroyed.

http://i.imgur.com/QLx69zj.png

After some cleanup

http://i.imgur.com/heVWtHr.jpg

View Quote

That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can personally attest that Liberty will stand behind their lifetime warranty.

I lost a safe in September (Liberty Presidential).  I bought it in 1996.  The dealer I bought it from dug through the attic and found my original purchase order (Liberty Safe, Sacramento, CA) even though it had been almost 20 years.

Liberty gave me absolutely no hassle.  They sent me paperwork, I filled it out, they sent me a new safe to the closest dealer.  I paid for shipping only.

When I bought my Liberty, it was $3200.  The new one was almost $6K, and Liberty also decked the new safe with lights, an outlet, dehumidifier, and door storage--all things my old safe did not.  When I called Liberty to make sure a mistake wasn't made, they said "When you bought your safe in 1996, you bought our top of the line.  We replaced it with the same model, top of the line."

Liberty is good in my book.
View Quote

That type of customer service is what wins people over. I'll buy a safe at some point when I buy a house. stories speak louder than advertising
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top