User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does the car you're driving have to do with your work?
View Quote

I have talked to several people in the past that made it clear they did not like the person they were doing business with drive a Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes etc.etc. For some reason, they felt they were getting railed. Needless to say, what you drive should have no bearing on what you do for a living.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no intention of using the vehicle to "Sell" product, and there won't actually be any images of our product on it. I see it as a way for us to spread the word of our existence and start to put faces to the name as well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Indeed. A man who drives an old beat up junk box of a Porsche (probably even a 928 or 944 of all things) is a man who works on his car and enjoys driving it. This is a man I'd like to do business with.

All of the others are uninspiring automotive appliances that tell me nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First of all, its PORSCHE not Proshe, second of all, old beat up junk box of a Porsche is the right answer.

Indeed. A man who drives an old beat up junk box of a Porsche (probably even a 928 or 944 of all things) is a man who works on his car and enjoys driving it. This is a man I'd like to do business with.

Good guesses!  The junkbox is in-fact a Porsche 968 with a dented fender and broken driver-side door handle.  It also leaks all fluids a little bit.  Old blue does appreciate the support :)

upload imagem" />
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
None of the vehicles you have listed. I guess it has a lot to do with whatever you are producing. If you are going for a "rugged" look, I would push sort of a Mad Max theme for the vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's really a startup, wrapping a vehicle is a sure sign that you will probably fail.

A good portion of our economy is funded by startups and small businesses blowing money on stuff that will not improve their bottom line.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a old cab over semi and do it up right One hell of a way to get noticed and that will keep people talking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Just get a 4x4 pickup crew cab and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it's really a startup, wrapping a vehicle is a sure sign that you will probably fail.

A good portion of our economy is funded by startups and small businesses blowing money on stuff that will not improve their bottom line.
View Quote

We do it ourselves, the decals that we are putting on the vehicle all add up to less than 1k; We aren't talking about a full vehicle graphics wrap that costs 10-15k.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good guesses!  The junkbox is in-fact a Porsche 968 with a dented fender and broken driver-side door handle.  It also leaks all fluids a little bit.  Old blue does appreciate the support :)

http://<a href=http://s24.postimg.org/stq3kr8sl/20150331_133804.jpg</a>
upload imagem" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
First of all, its PORSCHE not Proshe, second of all, old beat up junk box of a Porsche is the right answer.

http://<a href=http://s24.postimg.org/stq3kr8sl/20150331_133804.jpg</a>
upload imagem" />

Those DAMN DOOR HANDLES. If you have a pick a part in your area, grab a Audi door handle off a 80s model and fit the lever in the Porsche handle, had to do it more than a few times. Works perfectly and is MUCH cheaper than hunting down a complete Porsche handle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I am of the opinion that if you have to put decals on a vehicle especially that over the top kryptec camo on a vehicle then you are doing something wrong.  get a vehicle that is low key and versatile then put a small sticker on the back window. I personally HATE riding in vehicles that have large logos all over them like your mock up. spend your $$ elsewhere you are pissing good money away after bad with what your idea is.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Precisely what we are trying to avoid, it's definitely a need product as we've seen from the field trials we have going on now. I just hate being labelled a salesmen due to the old stigma, Thank you for saying that.

I'm suggesting that we get a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with some mild vinyl accents to compliment the color of the vehicle (Dark grey paintjob) and add a few of our company logos with the website; Nothing with a full graphics wrap. Something that we can pick clients up from the airport in, drive people out into the desert to go shooting (Our version of "golf"), and drive around town for a little exposure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes you guys are salesmen. You are going out and finding a need people have and filling that need. A lot of times salesmen get a bad rep from creating an artificial need and/or filing that need poorly.

That was the reason I left my old firm. Too much interested in selling.

Precisely what we are trying to avoid, it's definitely a need product as we've seen from the field trials we have going on now. I just hate being labelled a salesmen due to the old stigma, Thank you for saying that.

I'm suggesting that we get a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with some mild vinyl accents to compliment the color of the vehicle (Dark grey paintjob) and add a few of our company logos with the website; Nothing with a full graphics wrap. Something that we can pick clients up from the airport in, drive people out into the desert to go shooting (Our version of "golf"), and drive around town for a little exposure.

Like it or not, If you're starting a Company, you had better be a damn good salesman.  You need to sell to your backers, employees and the public.  Get the biggest Ford SUV you can afford.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top