User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 11:05:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was reading the rules for a contest I had entered to see when they would draw the winner and I came across this:

A Canadian resident who is a potential Winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a Winner and be eligible to collect the Prize.
View Quote

The contest is open to Canadians (except Quebec residents).

Am I missing something obvious?
View Quote

I think their laws prohibit outright lottery type contests or sweepstakes so they get around it this way. What is 3+2?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a common side step to a Canadian law that basically bans gambling, or "games of chance", which includes a lot of contest entries. So the loophole is to require people in Canada to compete at a "game of skill."

So by chance they are selected, they then have to beat some sort of game in order to win in compliance with Canadian law.

It just so happens that a math question is the industry standard.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was reading the rules for a contest I had entered to see when they would draw the winner and I came across this:

A Canadian resident who is a potential Winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a Winner and be eligible to collect the Prize.
View Quote

The contest is open to Canadians (except Quebec residents).

Am I missing something obvious?
View Quote

It appears as if they don't consider the French Canadians to be the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure about math, but they don't know how to at least drive the speed limit, so they may not know numbers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Striker to the white courtesy phone, please.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
How many bags of Milk to the gallon?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Eh + Eh = bag o' milk.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top