Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2015 10:27:59 PM EDT

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/poll-2-to-1-support-for-nuclear-deal-with-iran/2015/03/30/9a5a5ac8-d720-11e4-ba28-f2a685dc7f89_story.html

Really?

I DO NOT.

ETA Who the F()*% did they poll?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhh no
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course. But the catch is people want a deal that doesn't fuck us without lube. It's always those little details.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll wager most polled in that study couldn't find Iran on a map little lone understand the complexities of letting Iran have Nukes. Bet I could find a majority of people that would like "The Walking Dead" events to happen for real.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
must be true, they polled 1003 people to figure out how 300+ million people feel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It would help if it was a real deal in favor of the world, not a political gimmick where Iran gets all sorts of stuff, including the ability to continue working on their bomb.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm so sorry but you must be fucking joking. On the other hand, If by nuclear deal you mean nuke them out of existence, I'm in.

I remember, fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Clear majority of people are fucking morons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would help if it was a real deal in favor of the world, not a political gimmick where Iran gets all sorts of stuff, including the ability to continue working on their bomb.
View Quote
Wouldn't we all want to live in piece?

However, I find it hard to believe that something like that is possible when they are chanting "Death to America".

http://nypost.com/2015/03/23/irans-supreme-leader-screams-death-to-america-amid-ongoing-nuclear-talks/
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
59% don't think it will stop the Iranians from developing a nuclear weapon so why support any agreement?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Diplomacy is always better than war.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It would be like making a deal with a compulsive liar.  You feel good when you shake hands, but feel worse with every passing moment after.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It would be like making a deal with a compulsive liar.  You feel good when you shake hands, but feel worse with every passing moment.
View Quote

Yes, you are right. However ever the Iranians would know they are making a deal with said compulsive liar and find a way to use it to their advantage.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Pure Liberal Propaganda Bullshit........The MSM makes Joseph Goebbels look like an amateur
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
At this point it is the only way to give us any semblance of control over the situation.  If the agreement breaks down at this point because we back out, the sanctions regime will likely collapse and Iran will be free to develop them anyway with no oversight.  That is what the hardliners in Iran want.  Bombing Iran will result in the same, and only strengthen the hardliners.  At least this way we may strengthen the moderates in Iran, as the government there is very fractured. If we can ever get some regime change there, Iran has the potential to be partner in the region instead of an adversary. What we shouldn't do is let Israel and Saudi Arabia dictate our relationships and policy in the region.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

But it is not better than economic sanctions, which had their economy in a stranglehold.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But it is not better than economic sanctions, which had their economy in a stranglehold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is why they came to the table.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

At this point it is the only way to give us any semblance of control over the situation.  If the agreement breaks down at this point because we back out, the sanctions regime will likely collapse and Iran will be free to develop them anyway with no oversight.  That is what the hardliners in Iran want.  Bombing Iran will result in the same, and only strengthen the hardliners.  At least this way we may strengthen the moderates in Iran, as the government there is very fractured. If we can ever get some regime change there, Iran has the potential to be partner in the region instead of an adversary. What we shouldn't do is let Israel and Saudi Arabia dictate our relationships and policy in the region.
View Quote
You are daydreaming. Regime change? They can be our partners? Hey, I got news for you. Russians and Chinese love Iran, that must be good news to us right?
I cant recall how many times a Chinese spoke to me about Iran, and lectured me about Iran's good intentions.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Walk away from this sham agreement process.

Start bombing their nuclear facilities.

Periodic Tomahawks and other goodies will render the facilities unusable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#19]
It's the Washington Post  and everything those clowns are about.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's the Washington Post  and everything those clowns are about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
A clear majority have no idea where food comes from.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Would you support or oppose an agreement in which the United States and other countries would lift major economic sanctions against Iran, in exchange for Iran restrict it's nuclear program in a way that makes it harder for it to produce nuclear weapons?

59% support

How confident are you that such an agreement would prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?

59% not confident

Conclusion: The average American wants the United States to let Iran build nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#23]
It boggles my mind that the same individuals who want to arm Iran are the same one who want to disarm their own citizens?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It boggles my mind that the same individuals who want to arm Iran are the same one who want to disarm their own citizens?
View Quote
Liberals want to lift sanctions on Iran and impose them on Indiana.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Clear majority of people are fucking morons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Something tells me the clear majority they cite couldn't point out Iran on a map. Much less have even a rudimentary knowledge of  Islam, Shias, Sunnis, etc.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know several dozen Iranians, and the above is an accurate construction of the situation.
Iran is poised into blooming into a modern middle eastern country.
It is also poised to fall into chaos and really make the middle east much worse than it currently is.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You are daydreaming. Regime change? They can be our partners? Hey, I got news for you. Russians and Chinese love Iran, that must be good news to us right?I cant recall how many times a Chinese spoke to me about Iran, and lectured me about Iran's good intentions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are daydreaming. Regime change? They can be our partners? Hey, I got news for you. Russians and Chinese love Iran, that must be good news to us right?I cant recall how many times a Chinese spoke to me about Iran, and lectured me about Iran's good intentions.

He's not daydreaming. It seems to be his 88s' wet dream.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Well let's be honest.  At this point what options do we REALLY have?  It's not like guys that have orange stained fingers from Cheetos are my go to source for Diplomatic relationship advice.  Yet the chickenhawks are all about bombing them.  That's really not an option at this time.  What next a good proxy war?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you mean in the style of Mohammed Mossadegh or Ayatollah Khomeini
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

However, I find it hard to believe that something like that is possible when they are chanting "Death to America".

http://nypost.com/2015/03/23/irans-supreme-leader-screams-death-to-america-amid-ongoing-nuclear-talks/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

If I were king for a day, I would bomb the nuclear sites into oblivion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I support nuclear war with Iran.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I curse the TV every time one of these stupid fuckin media outlets talk about polls. They say, "60% of America......"

Really? 60% huh? Where the fuck was I when this poll was taken?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#35]
It's the Washington Compost.  What should we expect?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah? Well that same majority elected BHO.  Majority does not equal right.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck Iran.  FBHO and his minions (John Skerry and other sycophants).  Fuck this "deal".
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I have to laugh at that, half the people don't know  the VP of the US, let alone understand the complexities of what Obango and team are cooking up with Iran.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]
The only Iranian nuclear deal I support is the one where someone trades large quantities of high explosives for a nice fireball at the location of all Iranian nuclear facilities.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't diplomacy. It's throwing four aces on the able and saying, "I fold."
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#42]
The majority is clearly stupid as fuck.

Sure, let's let Iran have a nuke. Then when they nuke Israel and Israel nukes them back we can have a full on nuclear exchange in the ME once Pakistan, SA, and whoever else lets loose.

Or Iran can sell a nuke to Hamas or hezbola or some other terrorist group and they can nuke us right here at home. Sounds like a wonderful plan!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Would you support or oppose an agreement in which the United States and other countries would lift major economic sanctions against Iran, in exchange for Iran restrict it's nuclear program in a way that makes it harder for it to produce nuclear weapons?

59% support

How confident are you that such an agreement would prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?

59% not confident

Conclusion: The average American wants the United States to let Iran build nuclear weapons.
View Quote

It is a stupid question that on the surface is written to get a specific response.

Change the first question to the following:

Do you support lifting sanctions on Iran if they agree to a deal that is a sham, does nothing to stop their nuclear bomb program and virtually guarantees that they will have the ability to make and use a nuclear bomb against their neighbors, Israel or the United States within a decade?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.  Let me know when that happens.  

Until then, I'll take them at their word, which is "death to America."

I admire your optimism, but there are very few signs that this will happen.  This is the same thing they said a few years ago when there was an uprising, and the regime crushed the opposition.  And the minimal opposition that there is left loves us.  They feel like we left them hanging when they tried to rebel.  

This group has been in power for over 35 years.  They're not going anywhere, any time soon.  

The Administration will cut them a sweetheart deal, the Iranians will get sanctions lifted, which will start a nice flow of money in to the government coffers, and they'll have nukes in less than 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm so sorry but you must be fucking joking. On the other hand, If by nuclear deal you mean nuke them out of existence, I'm in.

I remember, fuckers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/poll-2-to-1-support-for-nuclear-deal-with-iran/2015/03/30/9a5a5ac8-d720-11e4-ba28-f2a685dc7f89_story.html

Really?

I DO NOT.

View Quote

lol a newspaper...lol as if they are relevant to anything.

Obama legacy is in the making. A nuckear war in the middle east. You do not give fire water to the indians. Especailly those who are essentially driven by a suicide cult and clearly do not get with the neighbors for the reasons your cult says you should kill them.

Its not a good idea.

everyone has walked from the table except  jug ears and lurch.

Why don't they just give them one outright and save all the effort its what they want anyway.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember, fuckers.

So do I...

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Targeted assassinations of their key physicists and technicians would be better than a deal or targeting their underground labs.

They can't have that many people capable of developing a nuke.  

Include any foreign advisors in those targeted.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really?

I DO NOT.

View Quote

Obama's knob gobblers (or it's just a lie).  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top