Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
probably a good idea to remove the fill pipes when you take out the old tank I guess.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
probably a good idea to remove the fill pipes when you take out the old tank I guess.
View Quote

Or... bare with me... Dont... and get a new house at their cost due to their mistake?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's a law in some places.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably a good idea to make sure the house you're dumping fuel into is actually the house you're supposed to go to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Happens.  There was a house nearby that had this happen.  Fuel Oil truck driver got suspicious when the 275 gallon tank 'took' well over 500.  Extensive remediation efforts failed.  House was taken down and ground excavated well below the original cellar floor.  Then rebuilt.  Family was in a hotel for over a year.

Ray
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a basement and why do you need fuel in a house?

Thank God I live in FL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thank God I live in FL.

View Quote

Basements are sub ground floors that northerners like to invest a lot of money into finishing just prior to water intrusion through foundation walls or a drain backup.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL we recently had a fuel company driver dump 2,000 gallons or close to it into the schools septic system . I'd say he is looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Think that happened to some buy here

Quoted:

Or... bare with me...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or... bare with me...

No. Bare by yourself and dont tell us about it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Basements are sub ground floors that northerners like to invest a lot of money into finishing just prior to water intrusion through foundation walls or a drain backup.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank God I live in FL.

Then, as soon as it is cleaned up and refinished, bitch about more water damage and start the cycle all over again.  I have friends that are on their fourth rebuild of their basement after flooding.  After the third time, I couldn't help but laughing out loud and asking them for the definition of insanity.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#11]
what is with all the weird shit in oregon lately, can we go back to the normal meth trailer explosion for a while?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or... bare with me...

Buy a new set of glasses, sucker.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#13]
So? Pump it out and open a window.....and write it off as free termite abatement.  

Just kidding....(I hear jimmies rustlin')
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Friend of mine worked at a service station in high school.   As I recall the story a flatbed truck rolled in with a big roller compactor on it.   They needed the compactor filled up.

He searched high and low and couldn't find a fill spout.  That was when he noticed the fill spout was on the roller, 'how clever' he thought, 'use the fuel to weight the roller!'

Much hilarity ensued.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or... bare with me...

GRAMMAR NAZI FAIL
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

I would have at least capped it.  When the oil shot back in the delivery guy's face after 1/2 gallon, it would probably go a long way toward not destroying the house....

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]
When the fuck are you easterners going to start using natural gas lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No matter where you are, you are always east of SOMETHING.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

¿Que?

Sorry but Miami is as East as I can get and we don't have heating oil or basements. You mean frozen strange people from the land of freezers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Reminds me of the guy here that filled the freshwater tank of his RV with  gas.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah it happens , I have two friends that work for the two biggest oil companies in the region and normally one of the seasonal drivers will do it at one or the other.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then, as soon as it is cleaned up and refinished, bitch about more water damage and start the cycle all over again.  I have friends that are on their fourth rebuild of their basement after flooding.  After the third time, I couldn't help but laughing out loud and asking them for the definition of insanity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank God I live in FL.

Some people just aren't so bright!
I have a large wonderful basement.
It is used for utilities, laundry, and a very well equipped woodworking shop, a little water on the floor sure won't hurt anything of mine.

Living space in Basements is for Hobbits and other such odd creatures!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]
This is the kind of shit that happens when you don't let people pump their own fuel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

¿Que?

Sorry but Miami is as East as I can get and we don't have heating oil or basements. You mean frozen strange people from the land of freezers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

¿Que?

We call it Frozen tundra in these here parts...
The lake in front of my house is just now starting to thaw. Give it another few weeks...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#26]
What do they do with the excavated (contaminated) dirt?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or... bare with me...

Lol. I'm sticking to my not hearing about people baring themselves on arfcom stance, though. You cant tell if that's a mistake or an offer nowadays, and I'm not comfortable taking that risk.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What do they do with the excavated (contaminated) dirt?
View Quote

Hazmat  protocols.  Usually it will go to an incinerator facility and then to a  special landfill.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Had some neighbors with the kids from hell for children. They hammered open the seam on there oil tank in the basement. Delivery guy emptied half the truck down there. Basement was finished off with pine paneling and dry wall. Insurance company replaced entire basement. Twenty tears later went to the house for a party with new neighbors. Could still smell the fuel oil. Didn't tell them the story. They couldn't smell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top