Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Down South is where the drug dealers go
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're making a hundred grand a year and you're single with no kids; you're mismanaging your money if you can't afford to pay cash for a $15,000 toy.
View Quote

Kinda what I was thinking too. I was in the same situation as the OP (single, no kids, $100k) and living in the NYC metro area and had no problem affording numerous expensive hobbies. Doing even better now that I'm down south.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Debt....it's the American way.
View Quote

Fuck that noise. I'll take $$$ in the bank instead. I don't have to keep up with everyone else's crap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck that noise. I'll take $$$ in the bank instead. I don't have to keep up with everyone else's crap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Debt....it's the American way.

That's smart.

Dunno guys, I'm sure it varies from community to community but a lot of the wealthy people I know are busy sticking their greenbacks into property improvements and things like that.  This economy & government has them wary and investing in the long term.

These are probably "kids of", just imho.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
When the perfect brodozer calls YOU DO NOT IGNORE IT, BRO!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Im not rich.  But im not stupid and i bust my ass to have nice things.  I also have kids, wife and home.  

<a href="http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/ducatiman1098s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/393F5E6F-283C-49F3-8019-92D01DE46A7A_zpsf78aj6ob.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/ducatiman1098s/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/393F5E6F-283C-49F3-8019-92D01DE46A7A_zpsf78aj6ob.jpg</a>

View Quote

Also not rich, nor buried in debt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This probably doesn't apply to the majority, but I have a buddy who is VP of an electric company.  He has a brand new Chevy, lifted, $3k worth of tires/rims, big trailer to haul 6 seater Ranger and new, decked out, Yamaha Grizzly.

All those toys are "company owned" and he fuels them with a company gas card.
View Quote

Define "electric company".  

I wonder if ol' Hugo Stiglitz call out your friend for fraud....
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What are their hobbies? If a family only spends their money on trucks and 4 wheelers, then I can see them having nice toys.  
If a truck is their only thing, then easily I can see a ton of money into one, that's how the kid making $10 has a new brodozer; it's all he spends his money on.   I have too many hobbies to be fully loaded into one of them.
View Quote

A friend  of mine sold his Razr,  replete with goodies for about 5K. I loved that thing.

If a person can't afford to have any hobbies while also saving for retirement what's the use of living? You think you're going to bounce over ditches and through mud when you're 80?!?

You can get some of that stuff cheap used. We got a 24ft camper for 4K, along  with a bunch of other goodies like a tarport cover, enclosed deer stand, feeder, and decoy. Guy got a motorcycle and wanted to tour with his son. After 5 years we sold the camper and cover for the same and kept the rest.

you can get some really nice toys if you look around. ATVS and UTVs will last forever.  Well a really long time anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most are 1-2 paychecks away from living in a cardboard box.
View Quote

Yes, and many of the will find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]
A few rich people, a few people whose trucks are worth more than their house, and lots and lots of people in debt up to their eyeballs...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
About a mile and a half before you get to my country road there is a trailer park thats looks like its off the set of trailer park boys and the it's kind of funny going by there and seeing them playing on new ATV, UTV's, and driving expensive trucks/ SUVs
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Im not rich.  But im not stupid and i bust my ass to have nice things.  I also have kids, wife and home.  

<a href="http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/ducatiman1098s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/393F5E6F-283C-49F3-8019-92D01DE46A7A_zpsf78aj6ob.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/ducatiman1098s/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/393F5E6F-283C-49F3-8019-92D01DE46A7A_zpsf78aj6ob.jpg</a>

View Quote

Is that a Christmas tree bagger/netter in the background?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I just read a few ammo/shooting threads. With the money people need to spend to shoot as much as they claim they can easily have a nice toy. One person admitted to taking money out of their 401K to stock up on .22 ammo!!! When I was a member of a range and shot regularly the year I was a member, it got darn expensive. At least I got a Glock 23 out of it at a GSSF shoot.

Ya'll are just not liking what someone else likes. The trucks might be expensive but an ATV/UTV is as affordable as turning money into noise. Same goes with boats and campers.

This is what I got for 4K. Plus the deerstand, feeder and other goodies. There isn't a thing wrong with it. It's been under that roof thing since the first guy got it. Everything worked and the tires were good. The only not perfect thing was a crack in the tub that was fixed with bondo.

the sammich maker, making sammichs.

All I wanted was a bed and AC but people wanted too much for their crappy campers that were so dilapidated they couldn't even be towed so I held out. 2 other of our hunt club friends got even nicer campers for under 10K. You can get really nice campers for a reasonable cost, there is no need to get one new. They depreciate like the devil, nobody wants to pay good money for a used one, all you have to do is hold out.

We enjoyed the heck out of our time there and our toys. I have to sell mine because it aggravates my hand problems but my "roommate" has the nice rhino that we will never sell, it's too much fun. We don't get to ride it as much now but there is always the future. There is an ATV park near here but we got stuck the last time and we're skeered now. It's all hauled around with a trailer and a highlander.

Won't get to do this when I'm 80. I live in a modest home so I have something left over to enjoy life. Well at least I used to. Now that the cost of living has gone up we don't get to do these things like I used to, making me even more glad we did it when we could.

The most fun I have ever had is riding around on these things, that's why people spend a little money to do it. It's fun.

A couple hours driving one of these things can do a number on your hand that is already messed up from guitar playing, bicycle riding, and motorcycle riding. Didn't think of that when I got it. Oh well. That's one reason people get side by sides.

My babies liked it though.

And when it got too hot they loved chillin' in the camper.

So. Much. Fun.

It costs a lot less just to ride them around than it does to do that and hunt as well. Or hunt at all.

Can't speak for the trucks, the only exposure I've had to those are from hunting in clubs and most of the time they wouldn't even get out of them to walk in the woods or go after the dogs. I'll bet taking a properly fitted truck to a mud park would be a blast! You can camp at the one around here.

Another thing that looks fun is the type of off roading they do out west, rocks and canyons and stuff.

Anyone can probably afford at least one passion in their life. Some of these passions can only be done when one is young. You can sit around and pinch pennies when your too old to do anything else. I live in a modest home so I can save for later but I'm already going downhill physically sooner than expected. Some things can't be postponed.
That all being said, I think most folks here are pathological liars. Most of the threads are on what gun to buy and what shooting accessory to spend thousands on. The other threads claim they have no debt, never eat out, and have millions saved. Then there is the 12 inch dicks and supermodel wives.

I'm kind of hoping I will have enough saved when I retire to get my own brodozer!. Or at least something kind of nice, better than what I have now.

I'm going to use the social security money for that though, then I'm going to post about it here, just to make the haters blow a few gaskets.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#14]
buy a 1 ton chevy from the early 80s, chop the hell out of the fenders, regear, add lockers and 4340 axles, and put some 42s on there and you will dominate these posers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Owns a business, works full time for some one else, owns a house - and has time to maintain the house & maintain/play with multiple offroad toys. That math don't add up - unless he inherited more than a little bit. Or has more debt than you know about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a friend who is 25 and has over 1 million in assets including a 60k dollar jeep on 38s and a brand new rzr and about 6 4 wheelers and about 400k in other miscellaneous vehicles and a half a mil house, all paid off.
Kidding?  Or what did he do to get that?
Owns his own business AND works a full time job outside of his business. Also inherited a little bit.
Owns a business, works full time for some one else, owns a house - and has time to maintain the house & maintain/play with multiple offroad toys. That math don't add up - unless he inherited more than a little bit. Or has more debt than you know about.

When I see dudes around my age with a shitload of mystery money working one job and claiming to own a business - Growers. Damn near every time

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Most of the people I know who have "self made" wealth drive shitty cars.
View Quote
Not me, but I've been a car nut for a long time. I know a lot of guys who make a ridiculous amount of money and drive great cars because that's what makes them happy.

People have different hobbies.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
To expand on my earlier comments.

I have no hate for anybody who has these toys, regardless of if they could pay cash for them or are in debt up to their eyeballs with the payments on their toys. As an offroader/gearhead I totally understand the hobby/sport/lifestyle/passion.

Even if I had the money just sitting around and all the "grown up" shit taken care of (investments, retirement etc), I would have a really, really hard time stroking the check or signing the contract to drop that kind of coin on toys  like that. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I started a nickel and dime build on a prerunner truck, using mostly 2ndhand parts. Got to where I had to order the suspension components to continue the build. Total for these parts is ~$7k. I just couldn't and still cannot bring myself to spend the money on it. As a result, the truck just sits.

I guess the recession ruined me in a similar way that the depression made a generation unable to throw anything away. I don't want to spend money on anything, ever, if I can help it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't see where the RZR is worth what they ask for them.  I'd rather have a killer K5 blazer or an expedition type vehicle to explore out west with.    

View Quote

Show us a K5 Blazer that can keep up with a RZR offroad - ie dunes or desert. Now show us the price tag for said Blazer.

Lot of performance in the RZR type package these days - they ain't the ol' Honda Odessey go-carts of the '80s.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Rich people go to the Hamptons, they don't drive brodozers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at down south off road park last night. There where bad ass jacked up diesel trucks every, hundreds of Polaris RZR 1000, and Can Am 1000's rolling Round. And of course with thousands of upgrades. Are the majority of these people in debt?? Can they really afford this?? I want to get into this but damn it's like $15,000 for a RZR.

I was a little slow in figuring this out when I was a teenager with a credit card, but there is a big difference between being rich, and having credit.

A friend of a friend would probably fit right in with those boys.  Big new lifted Dodge 2500 with a diesel, big Polaris-something or another behind it on a trailer, up to his eyeballs in toy payments.  That's not a good way to live, IMO.

My friend who was with me believes that the majority of them are rich and easily afford it, I just have a hard time believing it. He has a RzR 570 bought for 10k put 2k down, does payments, and that's one of the cheaper ones.

Rich people go to the Hamptons, they don't drive brodozers

There is a lot of "new" money in Texas.  I have met at least 2 or 3 25-30 year olds that just lived off their families royalties they receive for getting lucky and having oil on their land.  

These were every day folks and then they were very well off at the blink of an eye.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#20]
A lot of people are in debt, but there's also a whole shit ton of public sector employees raking in ridiculous paychecks for driving a desk these days.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was at down south off road park last night. There where bad ass jacked up diesel trucks every, hundreds of Polaris RZR 1000, and Can Am 1000's rolling Round. And of course with thousands of upgrades. Are the majority of these people in debt?? Can they really afford this?? I want to get into this but damn it's like $15,000 for a RZR.  I am a $100,000k arfcommer single no kids, and I don't think I can afford this hobby.
View Quote

You went to a place where people go to play with expensive toys.  It's not a random slice of America.  No different than going to a yacht club and wondering how people afford $500k sailboats.  It's just where all the people who happen to be able to afford that stuff congregate.

One thing I learned a long time ago is that you can never presume to know how people get their money.  There's lots of family money out there . . . lots of people where it's normal for their parents to buy them their first house . . . lots of people who's grandfather just happened to buy 500 of the right acres 70 years ago.  There's also a lot of people with funny side businesses. If you're doing it all on your own, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out how people afford the things they buy.  I have a damn good job and make good money and it feels like I'm cutting off flesh to part with $5k for a used camp trailer.  I try to live well, but I know that "keeping up with the Joneses" is a rigged game.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#22]
From my experience with people involved in that scene, about a thirds of them are either well off or have decent jobs and that's just their chosen hobby. The other two thirds are douche bags to the most extreme measure who barely financed everything you see at an astronomical apr on their annual 'salary' of $30k.

Also, those fine people that make up the two thirds will do everything they can to make you think they really are loaded with cash and not bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:11:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Show us a K5 Blazer that can keep up with a RZR offroad - ie dunes or desert. Now show us the price tag for said Blazer.

Lot of performance in the RZR type package these days - they ain't the ol' Honda Odessey go-carts of the '80s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see where the RZR is worth what they ask for them.  I'd rather have a killer K5 blazer or an expedition type vehicle to explore out west with.    

But I don't have desert or dunes in Ohio. . I keep my dirt bikes and K5.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was at down south off road park last night. There where bad ass jacked up diesel trucks every, hundreds of Polaris RZR 1000, and Can Am 1000's rolling Round. And of course with thousands of upgrades. Are the majority of these people in debt?? Can they really afford this?? I want to get into this but damn it's like $15,000 for a RZR.  I am a $100,000k arfcommer single no kids, and I don't think I can afford this hobby.
View Quote

Self-Employed & Oil Money = Profit. Seriously though I can attest here in Houston a lot of friends family and their associates mostly in energy &  IT from engineers to oil field workers to head hunters have been banking over the last half decade. All young, hungry, work hard and play hard. Is all that shit paid for? Some yes and some no but there is definitely a lot of money being made and toys bought in Texas right now. The difference between most from my view is some have one source of income and some and have multiple.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Google says:
The average American household carries a debt of $203,163 for financial baggage such as mortgages, credit card balances and student loan debt, according to a NerdWallet analysis in April. What's more harrowing is that this figure doesn't account for other debts, such as auto loans and personal loans that further weigh down individuals.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:27:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:31:32 AM EDT
[#27]
lol wealth envy  

clearly everyone with nicer things is in debt and living a dream, right?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I repoed with my BIL, people finance everything. This one guy fucked up his F150, put hydrolics in, dropped it to the ground, fucked up the doors with 'custom 3D graphics' and it wasn't paid off.... We took that shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone can own anything for the monthly payment. So you finance a used brodozer for 50k for 7 years and the. A 20k utv for 5 years. You have a whole monthly note of 1000 bucks a month. Thats not exactly a lot of money if you have a good job, which pays for your health insurance.

When I was in my early 20's I had a job offer where I would be on a salary that would have paid me 35k a year, a company truck f250 to use how I wished, full benefits, and a small expense account for lunch and other things when I was on the road and for fuel. My house note was $450 all in and that was about all my bills.

Do the math, I could have bro dozed the truck and buy what ever toys I wanted while the company paid my healthcare and my retirement.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I was reading a thread on Wrangler Forum the other day, and there were guys financing their Rubicons for 84 months.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#31]
There are quite a few people in my neighborhood driving 40k trucks around.  I'm like Wtf then I realize their houses have wheels and mine doesn't.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#32]
None of it financed. Even the truck.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZlHO4XJ.jpg  
View Quote

Check your 1%er privilege.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Suspension, suspension, suspension

ETA: Say you want to get into offroading with your wife and 2 kids. You buy 4 quads or dirt bikes for an average of 4 grand a piece. Used. Now you must buy 4 helmets, 4 sets of gloves, goggles, and boots.

Every time you go ride you have to check 4 machines worth of tire pressure, oil, fill up 4 machines worth of gas. Get 4 off road stickers for wherever you are riding.

When you are hitting the trails, you can only go as fast as the slowest person, only climb the hills the least experienced will climb, and can't communicate with each other while riding.

Now just look at buying a New 4 seat Rzr. One set of tires to check, one dipstick to check, one tank of gas to fill. One machine to fix when something breaks. No need to buy riding gear.

Everyone is riding the same speed, up the same hills, HAVING FUN TOGETHER, instead of with each other, but still in their own separate worlds.

You can talk together while riding.

And there are cupholders.

The RZR makes more sense, is cheaper, you are together.

This is to put a little perspective on things for people who don't understand the SxS's craze.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are quite a few people in my neighborhood driving 40k trucks around.  I'm like Wtf then I realize their houses have wheels and mine doesn't.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZlHO4XJ.jpg  

Nah. Here is a video instead.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Blazer's wheelbase &/or track width can be an advantage in certain situations but overall a RZR is a hell of a lot more capable off road.  Comparing dirt bikes and 4x4/RZRs is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Every single hobby I've ever gotten into has been expensive... paintball, scuba diving, shooting, traveling.

Therefore I rotate
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I used to be in the "why not just get an old jeep or blazer" club.

Until I had my first 10 minute ride in a SxS. I had one on order the next day.

Newer SxS's are like a cross between a Corvette and a dirtbike. Nothing compares for the price.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hell, most are 1-2 unpaid days off from not being able to make all their payments on their shit.

Going out to the local desert on a busy weekend is an experience in excessive financing and/or "who the fuck has this kind of money".

$250,000 motorhome, $100,000 prerunner or sand car, $30,000 enclosed trailer, $15,000 UTV for the wife to buzz around in, couple of $5,000 bikes for the kids (and all the associated gear). Add in fuel, food, repairs, etc ($500-$700+) for a weekend if you don't break anything.

I have a $5,000 4x4 truck and tent camp when I go out there. I haz a poor (and very little debt).

ETA: I will say it looks like fun but IMO it doesn't balance out the amount of stress of having to pay the note on all that stuff every month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most are 1-2 paychecks away from living in a cardboard box.

Hell, most are 1-2 unpaid days off from not being able to make all their payments on their shit.

Going out to the local desert on a busy weekend is an experience in excessive financing and/or "who the fuck has this kind of money".

$250,000 motorhome, $100,000 prerunner or sand car, $30,000 enclosed trailer, $15,000 UTV for the wife to buzz around in, couple of $5,000 bikes for the kids (and all the associated gear). Add in fuel, food, repairs, etc ($500-$700+) for a weekend if you don't break anything.

I have a $5,000 4x4 truck and tent camp when I go out there. I haz a poor (and very little debt).

ETA: I will say it looks like fun but IMO it doesn't balance out the amount of stress of having to pay the note on all that stuff every month.

It does make it tough as fuck not to get caught up in all that. easy credit has fucked us cheap guys out of most of the fun hobbies.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll just ride by on my 2001 Rancher and have fun.  Don't worry about what they think of you because they don't see you  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
lol wealth envy  

clearly everyone with nicer things is in debt and living a dream, right?
View Quote

see the post below you. a shit ton of people buy things they can barely afford the payment on. if everyone was wealthy a repo man would not exist in america. a ton of people in every community of america are overspending and buying on credit. we saw who a lot of them where after the housing collapse and we will see again on the next down turn. open your eyes and look around and you will see it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is 25 and has over 1 million in assets including a 60k dollar jeep on 38s and a brand new rzr and about 6 4 wheelers and about 400k in other miscellaneous vehicles and a half a mil house, all paid off.

I have a a 40k truck but owe a couple grand on it. Other than that i owe on my house but thats it.
View Quote

He's the exception.
What's his back story?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was reading a thread on Wrangler Forum the other day, and there were guys financing their Rubicons for 84 months.
View Quote

its only a matter of time before we see 120 month financing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#45]

You need a bro-truck and one off road moto/utv/atv at a minimum to get a bro-ho, bro.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll just ride by on my 2001 Rancher and have fun.  Don't worry about what they think of you because they don't see you  
View Quote

I'll be doing some doughnuts on my 2WD 1996 Honda fourtrax bitches.

ETA: that one's a 4WD, so close in coolness, but not quite.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I know the feeling, I took my beater Isuzu out to Uwharrie a couple years ago and was blow away at how many 60k machines were out there. Granted, I have zero debt outside a mortgage so thats something :)
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Seems the older I get and the more money I bank...the less money I'm willing to spend on this stuff.  Of course when I was young I had a motorcycle, snowmobile, Jeep, etc.  I used to be impressed seeing high-end cars thinking I want that and someday I will.  Now I just think there's no f'way I'm going to spend that kind of money on a car.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't figure out all the hate on long term auto financing with interest rates being so cheap. If you really like a truck and can afford it over 5 years at 3.5% I don't really see a big deal. Sometimes I see rates even lower than that. Even if you make 100k a year and keep your living expenses down it won't be worth saving up 50k to buy a truck because it's going to be a ridiculously long time before you ever see that thing. Save up 10-15k to put down and finance it at a low rate you can afford and enjoy it. Just don't go dangerously into debt either.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can't figure out all the hate on long term auto financing with interest rates being so cheap. If you really like a truck and can afford it over 5 years at 3.5% I don't really see a big deal. Sometimes I see rates even lower than that. Even if you make 100k a year and keep your living expenses down it won't be worth saving up 50k to buy a truck because it's going to be a ridiculously long time before you ever see that thing. Save up 10-15k to put down and finance it at a low rate you can afford and enjoy it. Just don't go dangerously into debt either.
View Quote

There's nothing wrong with it, but lots of people can't get the good rates.

Like I mentioned above a friend of mine financed a brand new off the lot 3/4 ton with a 15% apr, when he told me that I wanted to slap him in the back of the head. With credit like that he should have gotten a used vehicle and not have to struggle to make the payments.

We just bought my wife a new car and got 3.5%, anything under 5% is fine by me since we tend to pay off early anyway.

Hell, even my credit card is capped at 7.5% through the credit union.

I need to take out some more money pretty soon to help cover business expenses for a few months, if the rate is low enough I might just take out extra and use it towards some new equipment this summer.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top