How are your jimmies, brother?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF????

Mine are good now. I watched about 6 minutes of that.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I knew you'd comment on the Enfield thing. I expect Fluffy and Bimba will have something to say about the Garands. Old guns just don't do it for me though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FALs, 1911s, Enfields, Garands, M14s.

You know how I know you're gay?

I knew you'd comment on the Enfield thing. I expect Fluffy and Bimba will have something to say about the Garands. Old guns just don't do it for me though.

I bet you're an AK-loving communist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
ar pistols
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
A2's.
CZ-75's.
Taurus Judge and the like.
Shotguns with more bolt-ons than a South Dallas Civic.
AR handguards with full length rails all around.
SIG P22X pistols. Chunky and the de-cocker is retarded. As my father put it upon his return from the SIG Arms Academy, "the right handedest mother-fucker ever built."
Every gun I've seen with tan cerakote.

ETA: And FALs, I forgot about FALs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1911s.
ETA: Garands and M14s also.
View Quote

I like my garand for nostalgia's sake and historical value, but pretty much these. I think I want to try to get into 1911's.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1911's- I like them, but I'm not spending a grand to get a good one that will hold up to a lot of shooting when I can spend half that on a poly gun that is just as good or better.

Shoot Much?

Shoots better ? That's unadulterated  fucking bullshit!

Better in what way? Better Trigger?=Fail  Accuracy?=Fail
Lighter?= Fail  = Slower shot  to shot recovery time  " don't try and tell me any different either".
Reliability? mine has shot thousands of rounds in competition and got me 9th nationally in class ((( USPSA)))
It's my primary carry gun.  Don't have a grand? ok then buy an non- customizable mass consumer Polymer handgun  but don't try and bullshit
people...

What's with all the Average Joe blow consumer  Poly love and the all the 1911 hate on this site?
Everyone here has no problem customizing their AR's but not their hand guns? Everyone bitches how an AK cannot be as easily tailored to an individuals needs due to lack of aftermarket
parts compared to the  AR so tell me what in the hell is the difference with a handgun? Hey I got a really tricked out AR but real shooters prefer a non-customizable poly handgun
View Quote

It was a lot different on this site eight or nine years ago. Most people woke up though.

And the difference is you customize and AR to work better. You customize a 1911 just to work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't get the love for Springfields, Garands, or Pistol Caliber Carbines.  

Pythons are as overrated as Rolex.
View Quote

Pythons would cost a couple grand to make now. They're worth more than what they are currently going for, Rolex is an unfair comparison.

Still have no interest in them, though.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
HKs and Sigs. Russian guns of all stripes
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was a lot different on this site eight or nine years ago. Most people woke up though.

And the difference is you customize and AR to work better. You customize a 1911 just to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1911's- I like them, but I'm not spending a grand to get a good one that will hold up to a lot of shooting when I can spend half that on a poly gun that is just as good or better.

Shoot Much?

Lighter?= Fail  = Slower shot  to shot recovery time  " don't try and tell me any different either".
Reliability? mine has shot thousands of rounds in competition and got me 9th nationally in class ((( USPSA)))
It's my primary carry gun.  Don't have a grand? ok then buy an non- customizable mass consumer Polymer handgun  but don't try and bullshit
people...

What's with all the Average Joe blow consumer  Poly love and the all the 1911 hate on this site?
Everyone here has no problem customizing their AR's but not their hand guns? Everyone bitches how an AK cannot be as easily tailored to an individuals needs due to lack of aftermarket
parts compared to the  AR so tell me what in the hell is the difference with a handgun? Hey I got a really tricked out AR but real shooters prefer a non-customizable poly handgun

My most expensive 1911 cost me $500, and it just works, as do my others.

I think when people start using external extractors and try to make them match pistols is where the trouble comes.  Run one like JMB intended and they work great.  1911s are awesome pistols.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Deagle with beamz..
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think when people start using external extractors and try to make them match pistols is where the trouble comes.  Run one like JMB intended and they work great.  1911s are awesome pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot Much?

people...

There isn't a production 1911 made today that is built to the original M1911 spec. Or the post-1919 spec. Or the original M1911A1 spec. Maybe the post-1938 M1911A1 spec if you leave out the slide hardening techniques and frame parts.

Where "people" start getting in to trouble is when the skilled labor becomes expensive to make the pistol in the traditional fashion and keep a competitive price. Or when tooling wears out. This started with Colt in the late 60's. They and others have been trying to find the right balance ever since, with varying degrees of success.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FAL's. Never saw the appeal.
View Quote

FAL & M1A both still serve a purpose (especially in their price range) that are unmatched today.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MACs in any form, shape and configuration.
View Quote

Yes, this.  I don't understand why someone would want one.  That and 7.5" ARs.  Just don't see the point.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FAL & M1A both still serve a purpose (especially in their price range) that are unmatched today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Making people want AR-10s?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Mosins.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]
AKs. I just can't get into them
M14s. Don't get it
G3. Don't like them at all
M1903s
Mosins
SIG
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#17]
revolvers, all of them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF????

Too often do people neglect their jimmies. Their is no need to be upset, care for your jimmies daily.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FALs, 1911s, Enfields, Garands, M14s.

You know how I know you're gay?

Says the guy that loves ChiCom Norinco made 1911s.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot Much?

people...

Tiny sights, rattle trap, and FMJ only? Because thats how JMB designed it.

Glock is for killing bad guys. 1911 is for cavalry charges and cattle rustling.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Taking money out of uneducated buyers?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
HK USP's
View Quote

This along with 1911's, High end AR-15s, AK-47 Pattern, but not AK-74, HK VP9, and Shotguns in general.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#23]
AK's...just don't want one...ever...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#24]
my complete list:

double barrel shotguns
any DA/SA pistol garbage trigger system that was pointless the day it was invented
pretty much all revolvers
any ruger product. they all suck shit.
5.56 mm. it sucks at everything except accuracy
1911s obsolete and most of them suck
Hi Points
HKs- over priced and under delivered be it rifle or pistol except for one product...the mp5
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Glock 19.

I much prefer the full size Glock grip, as the 'hump' on the back of the grip is all wrong in the midsize Glocks. I have a gen 4 Glock 34 and carry it sometimes, but if deep concealment is needed I carry my 3.5" 1911, a Detonics Combat Master.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't have a large collection as far as large collections go but with around ~120 modern firearms have damn close to everything mentioned from a nice skeet gun to P7,Python,Glocks,FAL,Uzi...and can't remember the last time I shot any of them and thought "this is so terrible,I have no idea why I own it". Most of them simply fall into being different ways to skin a cat. Yes some are better than others in some ways but all of them are fun. Maybe its just not being wed to one design and manufacturer or just liking guns in general. I entirely disagree with that old saw "beware the man with one gun,he knows how to use it";shoot enough guns and you learn that they pretty much all do the exact same thing and if you shoot enough to become proficient with a dozen guns,it's no big deal to learn a couple dozen more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Revolvers
Boutique ARs
C&R
Beretta 92
HK handguns
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#28]
-HK handguns.  I've tried, I've tried again, and I've tried a third time.  Just don't fit me.  YMMV.

-HK91s and PTR clones.  I really, really, really wanted one and then met a guy with a real HK and shot it.  Wasn't impressed and my impression shattered...  Still may own a PTR just because

-SKS - Were a dime a dozen back in the day so I spent a few dimes but didn't get a dozen of them.  Fun to shoot but the AK is a much better platform in 7.62x39 and has a detachable magazine as a standard feature

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Bullpups
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#30]
A lot of people have said usp, I hate to agree but I'm with you. I've owned two now thinking I would come around and look at all the features and woo woo. At the end of the day I just do not like them and can't shoot them as well as other pistols. Traded one for a mini 14, the other for a basic ar.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Glock's except for the G18 (I admit that one was fun to shoot).
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't have a large collection as far as large collections go but with around ~120 modern firearms have damn close to everything mentioned from a nice skeet gun to P7,Python,Glocks,FAL,Uzi...and can't remember the last time I shot any of them and thought "this is so terrible,I have no idea why I own it". Most of them simply fall into being different ways to skin a cat. Yes some are better than others in some ways but all of them are fun. Maybe its just not being wed to one design and manufacturer or just liking guns in general. I entirely disagree with that old saw "beware the man with one gun,he knows how to use it";shoot enough guns and you learn that they pretty much all do the exact same thing and if you shoot enough to become proficient with a dozen guns,it's no big deal to learn a couple dozen more.
View Quote

Most people don't have the means to do that, so they emotionally invest themselves in the one they settle on and defend it vehemently to justify that decision in their own minds.

That said, you're wrong, Uzis are so damned terrible no one should own one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
1911s.
ETA: Garands and M14s also.
View Quote

Pure herecy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#34]
1911's

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#35]
22 lr
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#36]
i dont like 1911s
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Glock 19.

I much prefer the full size Glock grip, as the 'hump' on the back of the grip is all wrong in the midsize Glocks. I have a gen 4 Glock 34 and carry it sometimes, but if deep concealment is needed I carry my 3.5" 1911, a Detonics Combat Master.
View Quote
I like the G22 and G27 but the G23 never fit the hand right.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Glocks, I have tried to like them, I rented them; different sizes, different calibers, etc they just don't hit my hand right.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock 19.

Same/same. Hump is too high and there's not enough space between the top finger groove and the triggerguard - for some stupid reason that gap is taller on both the full size and sub-compact.

Glock screwed the pooch when they decided to shorten the grip from the middle instead of the bottom.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Uzis are heavy and blocky.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Shield.  Love my FS MP9.Waited patiently for the Shield to come out with a no safety model. I was sure it would be the perfect warm weather ccw to compliment the MP9. Spent damn near 300 bucks on a 400 gun to set it up just like my fullsize. Warren tactical sights,full Apex kit with aluminum trigger and NDZ performance extension....NOPE. Points like a glock, which I despise, doesn't really conceal any better than my full size in a crossbreed. My wifes 938 kicks its ass up and down the street even with all the mods. The Sig is smaller, lighter, points beautifully, and is very accurate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Which gangbanger did you get it from? Latin Kings, MS13, Crips, Folk Nation, Bloods? Who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deagles, I tried more than a few and get the attraction but it's pure novelty in my world and I have zero use for it, but I still like wasting ammo with someone else's.

Got one for free years back, sold it soon after.
Which gangbanger did you get it from? Latin Kings, MS13, Crips, Folk Nation, Bloods? Who?

Cop who resigned to go to FDNY.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]
An AK or AR with a barrel over 12.5" (retro excluded). No reason to put an intermediate cartridge in a "rifle" IMO

Pretty much any other gun with a long barrel (over 20"). There's a few exceptions but to me, 95% of shooters aren't going to ever utilize the longer barrel's advantages and 99% aren't ever going to actually shoot anything other than paper/steel at those ranges. (Same logic with the AR and AK above, if you're reaching out further than what you can manage with a 12.5", get something bigger). Also, it's carry over logic from a past era that's harmful to some guns (take long barreled .22lr, only hurts velocity)

Glock
Enfield (and other "dead" milsurps whose cheap ammo has dried up)
Anything made by Remington in the last ~10 years. Their current production is gilded crap riding on their name.
Long barreled shotguns (I don't get the "swing" and "balance" people talk about)
Non SBR pistol caliber carbines other than the Sub2000

That's pretty much it though

Oh, and did I mention pointless, long barrels
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Most people don't have the means to do that, so they emotionally invest themselves in the one they settle on and defend it vehemently to justify that decision in their own minds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it heavy,clunky,awkward and shitty to shoulder in cold weather? Yes but it lets me pretend to be Chuck Norris in Delta Force 2.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Browning high power.
View Quote

I'm sorry but this is the one that gets me.  It's a very expensive single action 9mm with a magazine safety and a 13 round capacity.  It was a good gun for it's era, but compare one to a CZ-75 and I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Garand 's, don't get it at all.
View Quote

Not for everyone, but they have a historical/nostalgia appeal coupled with a 30-06 round (which is indeed more powerful than .308) in a semi-auto platform that many consider aesthetically pleasing in that classic wood and steel style of a former era.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but this is the one that gets me.  It's a very expensive single action 9mm .45 with a magazine grip safety and a 13 8 round capacity.  It was a good gun for it's era, but compare one to a CZ-75 Glock and I just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Browning high power

I'm sorry but this is the one that gets me.  It's a very expensive single action 9mm .45 with a magazine grip safety and a 13 8 round capacity.  It was a good gun for it's era, but compare one to a CZ-75 Glock and I just don't get it.
Made it oh so much better.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Uzis are heavy and blocky.
View Quote

the irony of a guy who calls himself "p226guy" posting that is not beyond me..
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm sorry but this is the one that gets me.  It's a very expensive single action 9mm with a magazine safety and a 13 round capacity.  It was a good gun for it's era, but compare one to a CZ-75 and I just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Browning high power.

I use 15 round mags in mine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Any of the Mossberg's with the safety up on top like the 500. It's a terrible design, and it is made even worse by everyone who wants to run a pistol grip setup with it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top