Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 11:41:58 PM EDT
Boy is the wife not happy.   Our Male Elkhound came in tonight like nothing was wrong, about a half hour later the wife calls me up to the living room and says.   Does Theodog smell?   Me taking a whiff says yes he does.   What does he smell like.  It Is not skunk.   I think it is skunk.   So I go out into the back yard.   I get the full eraser up the nose skunk scent.   He must have gotten just a little mist .   You rally don't notice it until you set in the room with him.   He of course is laying in the living room with the smug look that says 'I DON"T SMELL NOTHIN".   I think I am sleeping in the family room where Theodog doesn't sleep tonight.   It has been about 30yrs. since one of out dogs got sprayed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Is English your first language?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?

Why would you be in trouble because of a skunk?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the Saturday night drunk thread?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Nok Out, buy some, thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Put that fucker outside. Duh.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Make a paste out of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and a
little spa/pool sanitizer (or small splash of bleach).

Let it sit on the spray area for a couple of minutes, and rinse
off.

My GSD has been whacked 4 times.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Your post read. Did I. Wife mad, but pee whiff? Not derp if I herp. Glug more, maybe all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Lol, I watched our young GSD tackle a skunk and wrestle with it. Damn dog wouldn't listen to  STOP, HEAL. She wanted to play with the cute little kitty. I watched her paw at it with her ass up in the air like she was playing with a little puppy.  A minute later she was rubbing her face on the ground and rolling around.

I was 150 yards away.

GODDAMN IT, HERE!!!!!!!!

Nothing.

I went the 100 yards to the house to get a rifle as my wife started prepping for decontamination. I followed were I saw the skunk go but never was able to find it to get a shot.

A mixture of peroxide and baking soda with a bit of dawn dish soap will cut the smell.

Have a good night Grizz.

ETA:  you won't smell that in the city!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh?

Why would you be in trouble because of a skunk?

View Quote

He's married.  Need we really ask more?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Beer gets skunky if left in the light. Therefore beer dissolves skunk odor. Therefore a beer bath will remove the odor from a dog. But no one has tried this because it costs beer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't help but read it in a Hungarian accent.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Make a paste out of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and a
little spa/pool sanitizer (or small splash of bleach).

Let it sit on the spray area for a couple of minutes, and rinse
off.

My GSD has been whacked 4 times.

View Quote

Not a very bright dog if he didn't learn the first time
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#13]
A skunk got hit on the road 3/4 of a mile from me and I could smell it all day.  I sure hope one never comes into the yard because the dog will go after it for sure!  She killed the rabbit in my avatar.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#14]
FULL ERASER
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Pics are needed of the wife and the dog.

+87 internets if you can get both in the same photo with the wife holding her nose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lol, I watched our young GSD tackle a skunk and wrestle with it. Damn dog wouldn't listen to  STOP, HEAL. She wanted to play with the cute little kitty. I watched her paw at it with her ass up in the air like she was playing with a little puppy.  A minute later she was rubbing her face on the ground and rolling around.

I was 150 yards away.

GODDAMN IT, HERE!!!!!!!!

Nothing.

I went the 100 yards to the house to get a rifle as my wife started prepping for decontamination. I followed were I saw the skunk go but never was able to find it to get a shot.

A mixture of peroxide and baking soda with a bit of dawn dish soap will cut the smell.

Have a good night Grizz.

View Quote

I live in Manhattan, we have skunks here.

Also NYPD caught a coyote a few blocks from my apt last month.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pics are needed of the wife and the dog.

+87 internets if you can get both in the same photo with the wife holding her nose.
View Quote

this too
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Had a couple of drinks op?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Two toughest kids on the block.  I guess.  Sooner or later, they're gonna fight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Well Theodog did defend the homestead from attack.   The enemy did use chemical warfare.  Theodog survive with no injuries.   Therefore Theodog will receive his favorite food today.  Sardines.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was 150 yards away.

GODDAMN IT, HERE!!!!!!!!

Nothing.

Have a good night Grizz.

View Quote

Part in red is total bullshit.  My city is thick with skunks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol, I watched our young GSD tackle a skunk and wrestle with it. Damn dog wouldn't listen to  STOP, HEAL.
View Quote

How often does your dog do the healing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well Theodog did defend the homestead from attack.   The enemy did use chemical warfare.  Theodog survive with no injuries.   Therefore Theodog will receive his favorite food today.  Sardines.
View Quote

Sardines, really?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sardines, really?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sardines, really?

Absolutely.   I have never seen a dog eat something that fast then spend 5 minutes licking the food dish all over the kitchen just to make sure every last bit of sardines is out of the dish.   The dish washer could not have done a better job of cleaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top