Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 10:47:22 PM EDT
So I just placed a Prime order and it said it will arrive on Wednesday.

Technically isn't it supposed to be Tuesday?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Pay for the overnight. It doesn't ship til Monday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd think...

Monday- ship/travel
Tuesday- travel
Wed- delivery

Probably missed their packing deadline
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pay for the overnight. It doesn't ship til Monday.
View Quote
Too late to ship out on Saturday, so it will go out on Monday.

The stuff I ordered this morning will be here Monday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
50,000 posts and you are just learning how "business days" and "shipping" works?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

50,000 posts and you are just learning how "business days" and "shipping" works?

View Quote
but 49,900 were basically worthless posts whoring

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, this...........
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Lately they have been missing the date.

Order says friday and you get it Mon.  

I might re-think renewing if we don' have some TV series or movies we like.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered something yesterday (Friday) and am expecting it tomorrow (Sunday).  Other than the times my mail man decides to be a lazy cock I've always gotten my Prime orders on time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had orders placed on the weekend delivered on Monday. Shenandoah Valley, VA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck with that. My last Prime package was delivered three days late by the USPS. They left the box balanced on top of the mailbox and drove away.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I just placed a Prime order and it said it will arrive on Wednesday.

Technically isn't it supposed to be Tuesday?
View Quote

I had Amazon Prime for a while. Their "2 day shipping" was usually more like 3 days...sometimes even 4.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's gotta be a UPS thing.  Amazon has been dead nuts on delivery for me ever since I had prime over the course of hundreds of orders.  Never early, never late, always right on time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Ive had a couple of things I've ordered in the morning show up that evening. Depends on the warehouse it's coming from but yeah sounds like the OP missed the cutoff time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
If they miss the guaranteed delivery date there is a complaint link on their site.  They will extend your membership by a month each time.  I didn't find this out until recently and had my membership extended.   They will extend your membership repeatedly for almost a year I think.  They have been missing their guaranteed delivery dates all the time for me, probably 30% of the time.

Monday thru Wednesday orders placed before late afternoon on Wednesday will get to me, anything after that usually doesn't get to me until the next week.

After complaining about late arrivals they started using FedEX to get deliveries to me if they have to be delivered on a Saturday as UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday where I live.

I thought I read that they may go to 3 day Prime shipping and I saw an advertisement about Prime becoming 3-5 day shipping.  Then they raised the yearly membership to $100.00.  I gifted myself a new membership when they had them for $72.00 a few months ago to be delivered today, I'll have to try it in a few days, my membership expired today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I placed an order yesterday with prime and it says they are going to be delivered tomorrow (Sunday).  The tracking number is with USPS but I have seen them delivering packages in my neighborhood on Sundays.  I'm not complaining.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not (I'm thinking it does) but all four items were sold by Amazon.com (not just fulfilled by Amazon) and in stock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...and the remaining 860 were either non-nonchalantly bragging about his new BMW, or defending why he wears an Adidas track suit.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Very rarely have I ever had a problem with Amazon Prime arriving on time. Like maybe twice in my life, and I order a ton of stuff from Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Not all Prime packages are created equal.  I know, I deliver a shit ton of them.  The stuff you order that ships from Amazon and is prime, is guaranteed to get there in two days.  If it says prime, but ships from another seller through Amazon, it is basically free shipping but not a two day requirement.  So if you really need it in two days, read the description of who it is sold through.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The best I've seen is ordering at 11pm Sunday night and having ups drop it off at my door 10am Monday morning, but that's the exception not the rule. For normal business days the product will get shipped out Monday and be delivered 2 days after that, anything sooner is a bonus.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#20]
It all depends on the timing.  I ordered a toilet flapper this morning and it will be here Monday.  I just looked and it still says it would be here Monday if I order in the next 2 hours. I've ordered things recently on a Friday and the USPS brought them here on Sunday.  They're still doing that since Christmas.

And it was about $1.50 less than it would cost me at the local Home Depot, I don't have to pay sales tax, or the 1 gallon in gas it would take me to go get it.  Amazon Prime is the greatest!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered some Kuerig coffees like at 10:00 est Friday night and it is to be delivered tomorrow, Sunday.   I did not expect that nor are the coffee pods a life and death matter but nevertheless...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Not all Prime packages are created equal.  I know, I deliver a shit ton of them.  The stuff you order that ships from Amazon and is prime, is guaranteed to get there in two days.  If it says prime, but ships from another seller through Amazon, it is basically free shipping but not a two day requirement.  So if you really need it in two days, read the description of who it is sold through.
View Quote
This is not true.

Everything that ships Prime is fulfilled from an Amazon warehouse. Amazon offers "fulfillment by Amazon" to 3rd party sellers for a premium. If it says Prime Shipping, it's being shipped by Amazon regardless of the seller.

I've been an Amazon professional seller since 2011.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Was a prime member for years.
This past year they started missing way to many prime shipping estimates.
Between that and the last price increase I didn't renew.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I had reverse problems.

Started ordering on Thursday afternoons and they tried to deliver on Saturday, almost sending the stuff back because of it. I have items shipped to work so someone can sign for them and they aren't sitting outside, so prefer to take delivery on Mon-Fri.

Sometimes they are too fast and try to get it to me when nobody is at the place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Amazon seems to be going down the shitter with their growing pains. It may be time for a government bailout.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, I try to reasonable, they seem to do the best there is out there. I guess I have never ordered anything that critical that it has been an issue, the free shipping usually makes me feel better. But, if they say 2 day.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is not true.

Everything that ships Prime is fulfilled from an Amazon warehouse. Amazon offers "fulfillment by Amazon" to 3rd party sellers for a premium. If it says Prime Shipping, it's being shipped by Amazon regardless of the seller.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is not true.

Tom,

Not true.  You're the seller; I am the delivery man.  I can tell you for a fact, not all Prime is two day.  It has to come from Amazon.  Why do you think so many people are not getting their shit in two days when they think they should.  When your package from Amazon arrives, look at the shipping label.  At the bottom, there is a large black, rectangle with "BF-15", these are the actual two day prime deliveries.  Also, when the Prime packages are passed from UPS to USPS, in the USPS delivery confirmation number the last two digits of the second set of numbers is 98.  The third set of four digits starts with 77.  These are also the two day prime packages that must be delivered.  So you would see a USPS tracking number of XXXX XX98 77XX XXXX XXXX XX.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I ordered something yesterday (Friday) and am expecting it tomorrow (Sunday).  Other than the times my mail man decides to be a lazy cock I've always gotten my Prime orders on time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spoke too soon

Received notification my package was in my mail box.  Checked said mail box.  Mail box is empty.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

...and the remaining 860 were either non-nonchalantly bragging about his new BMW, or defending why he wears an Adidas track suit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Ordered a fridge water filter on mon, bunch of shaving stuff tuesday night.

All said it would arrive friday, really arrived monday will all of it in the same box.

Bunch of jeep parts arrived 2 days early this week though

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good luck with that. My last Prime package was delivered three days late by the USPS. They left the box balanced on top of the mailbox and drove away.  
View Quote

If you get a late package check with Amazon.  They have always added a month to my prime subscription when I got a late package.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If you get a late package check with Amazon.  They have always added a month to my prime subscription when I got a late package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

good to know, but iirc weren't they cracking down on that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank god someone else mentioned this.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not afaik.  I thought it was policy.  Its their screwup not mine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print
If your order qualifies for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, your shipping costs can be refunded if we miss our promised delivery time.

The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:

Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
Shipping preference "Ship my items as they become available" is selected if your order contains other items that aren't eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.

Note: If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date isn't met. Prime Extensions (including Mom) are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student Memberships do not qualify for this extension.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117450
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Tom,

Not true.  You're the seller; I am the delivery man.  I can tell you for a fact, not all Prime is two day.  It has to come from Amazon.  Why do you think so many people are not getting their shit in two days when they think they should.  When your package from Amazon arrives, look at the shipping label.  At the bottom, there is a large black, rectangle with "BF-15", these are the actual two day prime deliveries.  Also, when the Prime packages are passed from UPS to USPS, in the USPS delivery confirmation number the last two digits of the second set of numbers is 98.  The third set of four digits starts with 77.  These are also the two day prime packages that must be delivered.  So you would see a USPS tracking number of XXXX XX98 77XX XXXX XXXX XX.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not true.

Tom,

In your original comment, you implied that Amazon Prime from 3rd Party Sellers was somehow different than Amazon Prime from Amazon. This is not true. Amazon Prime means fulfillment of your order by Amazon from an Amazon warehouse. This is true regardless of seller.

If you buy from a 3rd party seller that fulfills on their own, you are not getting Prime Shipping no matter what, regardless of your Prime subscription.

I believe everything in your second comment, and it would not surprise me if Amazon gets a delivery estimate wrong once in a while, especially when the delivery is going through two carriers (UPS & USPS).

If the Amazon warehouse is located such that UPS Ground will typically arrive the next day, I'm sure Amazon doesn't pay for 2nd Day Air service.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I made an order thurs night amazon prime and usps Delivered it on Sunday... imagine that united states priority delivery on a sunday.

Apparently they have an exclusive shipping agreement with Amazon prime orders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top