Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/28/2015 10:25:09 PM EDT
I got a new ALG Defense 6 second mount as soon as I saw it pop up on the ALG site.  It looked like a cool product and I wanted to support a very generous company that supports regular guys in the shooting community.  The only down side so far is it forced me to buy a Glock.  

It shipped to me fast and I got started on the install.  The directions were pretty straight forward and it was simple to install.  The only tough part was it was a real tight fit sliding it down the acc rail.  Everything else was simple.  Once complete everything looked great.  

The Aimpoint T1 mounted on the Glock 17 doesn't feel heavy.  It balances well and the dot is easy to pick up when aiming.  I grip pistols as high as possible so my only issue was getting used to having the mount where it connects to the trigger pin rub against my trigger finger.  It just felt strange, but once I shot it a little it wasn't noticeable anymore.  

And another...

I zeroed it at 10 yards.  It didn't take long.  Looks good to me.

Once I got it ready it was time to see how it worked out shooting bad guys fast.

The bad guys...

I loaded a couple mags and shot as fast as I could get the dot on target from 10 yards.  It was easy to keep the dot on target and allowed for very fast follow up shots.  I just got the Glock and I don't shoot it as well as I do my M&P Pro, but even with the nasty Glock trigger it was ridiculously easy.  If they ever make one for the M&P I'll definitely buy one.  

Dead bad guys...

A couple more pics...

Awesome product from an awesome company.  It's made well.  It's easy to install, looks great, and works.  If you're thinking about getting one, just do it.  You won't be sorry.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well done review, with nice pictures. I'm a fan of ALG too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I like everything but the price.  Not saying it's too high just high enough that I don't know if I would ever mess with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool. Like the HK inspired photog.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish they made this for a M&P
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat. Interesting they made it railed so you could still put a light on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the holster options? Race type?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What's up with the flat ramped piece in front of the Aimpoint ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the holster options? Race type?
View Quote

This is the only one I've seen so far.

Holster for ALG mount

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I reckon that keeps fire and stuff off your optic.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
That looks cool.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to have to get one of these and a G17 to use at the next CWW instead of the janky BSquare mount and Bushnell I put on my USP this year. Looks nice!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Shit. Now I want want one even more.

Thanks for the pics asshole.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Site says that it was developed partly because of high failure rates of optics on slides. Glock/S&W/FN have cashed in on this, so I'm kind of curious about that claim.

Every person I've met/read about who had an optic milled onto their slide hasn't complained about it failing. When these first started getting popular, the biggest criticism was a shifting zero on plate mounted optics.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'll get no sympathy from me.

They made me buy a damn Glock.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the sight and mount is more money than the Glock...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome to read about someone putting one to use.  I've been thinking about it for a bit, especially since ALG donated two of them to CWW (I didn't win one, sad), and I think I'm definitely going to pick one up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Do want

Maybe they'll make one for S&W M&P series?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Awesome to read about someone putting one to use.  I've been thinking about it for a bit, especially since ALG donated two of them to CWW (I didn't win one, sad), and I think I'm definitely going to pick one up.
View Quote

I won one, and am literally trying to buy a glock on which to install it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would put one on the ARF 3-gun edition G34 I shot CWW with, but don't want to pull the rear sight off of it... Although, I just now remembered that said rear sight was loosens lung to wiggle after my run was over.  Hmmm.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Holsters that would work with that?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Looking at the site and it doesn't include the G19. Is there any particular reason why the 19 isn't included? Front dust cover length aside, isn't the breech face to rear cover plate the same, i.e., identical from breech back?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Looking at the site and it doesn't include the G19. Is there any particular reason why the 19 isn't included? Front dust cover length aside, isn't the breech face to rear cover plate the same, i.e., identical from breech back?
View Quote
Possibly the front site might impact the mount?  Or it may be since the mount will protrude beyond the muzzle face.  Who knows.

ETA:  Yeah, looking at the OP's pics, if you don't also remove the front sight, it looks like it would impact the mount.  Still, if you're already pulling the rear sight, and since you won't be using either, it may be viable.

I'm sure someone will test it out soon.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh.  I'll wait for a MOS longslide Glock.

In a few years that ALG set-up will be about as useful as one of these:
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's mainly for comped guns to keep gas off of your glass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The people ALG made the 6 sec mount for only run Gen 3 G17s and G22s.  It could very well fit the G19. We haven't tried it.

ALG will be doing some testing and fit up with Primary Arms and Letherwood Mico B dots soon.  The T1s are beautiful but big bucks.

Accuracy and reliability seem to be awesome with these mounts. A fed agency reported 2.5-3" groups at 25 yds with stock 9mm guns and issue ammo.  Not too shabby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people ALG made the 6 sec mount for only run Gen 3 G17s and G22s.  It could very well fit the G19. We haven't tried it.

ALG will be doing some testing and fit up with Primary Arms and Letherwood Mico B dots soon.  The T1s are beautiful but big bucks.

Accuracy and reliability seem to be awesome with these mounts. A fed agency reported 2.5-3" groups at 25 yds with stock 9mm guns and issue ammo.  Not too shabby.

Thank you for your reply.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I want one so bad.  I'll just do it and get it over with.  

Great company.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any plans for developing this for other lines of pistols?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#32]
#slidemassmatters
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wish they made this for a M&P
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looks cool. Like the HK inspired photog.
View Quote

Thanks. I don't know if anyone else noticed that. I thought it was funny.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Want so bad, but don't want to buy a Glock to get one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I want one so bad.  I'll just do it and get it over with.  

Great company.
View Quote

Do it.

It's painless.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like a simple solution for mounting an optic but it kills holster compatibility.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks like a simple solution for mounting an optic but it kills holster compatibility.
View Quote

I think ALG, every early press release, every product announcement, every review, etc has covered that this was not the be-all-end all, or intended for concealed carry, but a specific solution developed for a specific group.

That said, I think there are about 7 holsters available for it now, not counting the super-boutique kydex pressers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#39]
What does the ALG mount do that the Larue mount doesn't?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stays in place without cycling with the slide?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's the slide retain its velocity to ensure reliable function.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like everything but the price.  Not saying it's too high just high enough that I don't know if I would ever mess with it.
View Quote

I'm good with the price of the mount, but not the T1.

I feel like it'd be wrong to put a Primary Arms dot on something so fancy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#43]
That's cool.

I hate pistol sights, so when I get a pistol, I'm wanting to put a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It puts money in the pocket of a cool guy who does a lot to support the frat boy antics of the non-professional shooting community instead of a guy who makes good stuff, but comes off as a prick most of the time.

It also doesn't move when the slide cycles so you can pick up the dot quicker for follow up shots.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It puts money in the pocket of a cool guy who does a lot to support the frat boy antics of the non-professional shooting community instead of a guy who makes good stuff, but comes off as a prick most of the time.

It also doesn't move when the slide cycles so you can pick up the dot quicker for follow up shots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, so who's the prick?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd buy one today if it could mount a RMR
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Why do you need to remove the rear sight?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Neat!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Cool idea but for 250 bucks I'll have it milled or use one of the race gun options. Preferably milled.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Difference between that and the Carver Competition mount?  

This isn't exactly a new concept.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top