[#1]
Is it still cold there?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Eeks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe for a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe if we let them die of thirst they'll go back to Mexico...maybe then they can ask the UN for bottled water.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it still cold there?
View Quote

Not really. Not nearly enough to maintain a snow pack.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG, raise taxes to bring back the cocaine piles on the mountain!

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe if we let them die of thirst they'll go back to Mexico...maybe then they can ask the UN for bottled water.
View Quote

It may not look like it, but that's about 35 percent of your weekly meals you are looking at in those pictures.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those weren't cocaine piles. That was food.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Global warming......it's real.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It may not look like it, but that's about 35 percent of your weekly meals you are looking at in those pictures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And.....too many people in too small an area to support them. Liberals talk about sustainability, but guess what? They don't live it.
A big die off would help. Some will get by, some won't. Luckily I live in a state that provides the 2nd most of it's food from local/in state sources behind AK and we damn sure aren't running out of water in my lifetime.

Already saw where a politican floated the idea of mass relocations paid for by the US government to other parts of the country, want to see an armed proptest go ahead. It's not the farmers that fucked the water supply, too many people in too small an area. Fuck em.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can still raise taxes though right?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And.....too many people in too small an area to support them. Liberals talk about sustainability, but guess what? They don't live it.

A big die off would help. Some will get by, some won't. Luckily I live in a state that provides the 2nd most of it's food from local/in state sources behind AK and we damn sure aren't running out of water in my lifetime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I have been around a fair amount and this is the first time it has been that big a problem in my lifetime, so this is something new, regardless of the population.

Famine. Yes. The Chinese system of control that works so well. Thanks for your good wishes for everyone's sake.

Hope you don't like strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines, almonds, or about three dozen other crops. Yeah, I live in a state that produces more food than yours ever did. We thought the same thing at one time, too. No worries, right?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are going to have to do something better than taxes. But you can continue to cry about them, if you like. Don't let me interrupt a favorite rant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol.in two years when the rains return, we'll all have a good laugh.

Until then, let's pass more laws and raise more taxes. We must fight climate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocaine is food for prostitutes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you aren't really well-informed on the situation then, are you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#16]
That's some serious change right there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#17]
The CHANGE has caused it to loose it's beauty.

Let's HOPE we can successfully strip mine it.

Did I do that right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe 20 some million people shouldn't live in a desert, just saying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#19]
"Califonia" is like a magic word that summons forth a gaggle of Arfcom idiots who spew forth poorly informed, badly articulated, ignorant and uneducated garbage and then wait around for a pat on the back from their equally retarded peers.

Its like either clockwork, or magic, or maybe a force of nature, but its real and its predictable.  Fucking dipshits.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#20]
yeah--the cali snowpack is awful.  this is going to have tremendous implications for the next couple of years WRT water resources.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Lake Badwater has been pretty dry since I was little.  

Back in the 90s the same thing happened and then record snowfall that filled everything up again.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#22]
California, knows how to party.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"Califonia" is like a magic word that summons forth a gaggle of Arfcom idiots who spew forth poorly informed, badly articulated, ignorant and uneducated garbage and then wait around for a pat on the back from their equally retarded peers.

Its like either clockwork, or magic, or maybe a force of nature, but its real and its predictable.  Fucking dipshits.
View Quote

I laughed. Quietly, not out loud.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't  this open up more land to farm?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet Californians demanding the whole country change because they fuck things up Is cool because?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#26]
The past 2500 years appear to have had recurrent persistent droughts.

Prolonged drought episodes appear to correspond with the timing of ice drift minima (solar maxima) identified from North Atlantic marine sediments, suggesting that changes in solar irradiance may be a possible mechanism influencing century-scale drought in the western Great Basin.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yet Californians demanding the whole country change because they fuck things up Is cool because?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL what?

Massive droughts aren't a legislative issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#28]
What percentage of californians actually participate in getting that food to the tables?  I would guess less than 20% possibly less than 10%.  Pare down the remaining 80% and the water problem would vanish.  

California as a whole wanting everyone else to care about their crops being threatened by their own stupid over-development of arid regions is a non starter when the problem is clear.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lake Badwater has been pretty dry since I was little.  

Back in the 90s the same thing happened and then record snowfall that filled everything up again.  

View Quote

It's almost like things work in cycles.  I wonder if this applies to the stock market.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is scary!!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont even eat california food.   I boycott that shit.
fuckin frisco queens.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hard to farm with no water.  think of the sierra snowpack as the water tower for CA agriculture.  bad snowpack = rough for farmers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Already saw where a politican floated the idea of mass relocations paid for by the US government to other parts of the country, want to see an armed proptest go ahead. It's not the farmers that fucked the water supply, too many people in too small an area. Fuck em.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only simple minded retards call for the death of their fellow countrymen because they don't agree with their politics.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

LOL what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL what?

Overpopulation is a desert and then blaming everyone else for global warming is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Only simple minded retards call for the death of their fellow countrymen because they don't agree with their politics.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like California politicians call for gun owners?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
LOL what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL what?

Not to mention California can't legislate in other states. If other states pass stupid laws that their fault.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#39]
How about pictures, annually, going back as far as possibly?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Freshwater use in Kalifornia:

Business is looking up for South American farmers.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Global warming......it's real.
View Quote

actually we need more warming....so more water will evaporate into the atmosphere...and then fall from the sky as rain. This is a global cooling problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and I ignore them too.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Shhh.... Don't let facts get in the way of the liberal panic.   They can't worship the government if there's no crisis for it to pretend to solve.   Plus, the rich people obviously did this and need to pay.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK so now that you have "Raised Awareness" and "Started a conversation".  What the hell do you think we can/should do to fix it?  It's gonna rain or it ain't.  Precious little we can do to change it.  Yes the population that continues to grow in their urban areas is using up and wasting the water resources they have.  Yes they have a drought.  What else do you want??  Not a thing anybody can do to correct it.  You can use what you have more wisely, and you could control anymore population influx.  There are your solutions,  let the farmers have what water there is and wait for rain.  

Moving on now.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Wild fire and mudslide season should be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe 20 some million people shouldn't live in a desert, just saying.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What percentage of californians actually participate in getting that food to the tables?  I would guess less than 20% possibly less than 10%.  Pare down the remaining 80% and the water problem would vanish.  

California as a whole wanting everyone else to care about their crops being threatened by their own stupid over-development of arid regions is a non starter when the problem is clear.
View Quote

Only 10% of CA water goes to personal usage; almost half to farmland. A population reduction would make almost no difference.

But this is arfcom, so don't let that stop you from talking out your ass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Freshwater use in Kalifornia:

http://www.environment.ucla.edu/media/images/water-fig1-lrg.jpg

Business is looking up for South American farmers.

View Quote

You can find nectarines from South America in your local stores right now. They taste like shit. Not that they have anywhere near the same growing capability, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
hard to farm with no water.  think of the sierra snowpack as the water tower for CA agriculture.  bad snowpack = rough for farmers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

California agriculture doesn't need snowpack. It already has the delta smelt.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top