Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But isn't ARFCOM always complaining bitterly about Muslim cashiers who won't ring up a customer with alcohol or pork products, or Muslim taxi drivers who refuse service to people with seeing-eye dogs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bottom line is simple - if the goverment is discriminating against gays, or a person of some religion, or whatever, THAT is a constitutional issue. If it is a business or a person doing so, it's not.

Businesses and individual people should be able to do business with whomever they choose, and refuse to do business with anyone they choose. THAT is freedom.

I don't want a government telling me who I MUST associate with.

But isn't ARFCOM always complaining bitterly about Muslim cashiers who won't ring up a customer with alcohol or pork products, or Muslim taxi drivers who refuse service to people with seeing-eye dogs?

You know what the solution is for that...???? Kind of like what happens to a beat cop who will not write tickets or a city building inspector who will not inspect buildings...only with them is takes longer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess you've never witnessed a gay pride parade......debauchery in full view......it's for the children...

Here is a thought. Homosexuality might not upset you so much if you didn't spend so much time thinking and talking about all the intimate, juicy, fluid-splashing details.

The most frequent, and detailed descriptions of homosexuality that I have seen on the Internet always seem to come from people who are against it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do conservatives stand up for things they're supposed to?  Idk, that question falls off the stupid tree a lot. Maybe they should be Democrats.  

I think it's great that they put religious freedom, the 1st Amendment, over people's butt sex paraphilia. The Left wants Christians to either go out of business by not supporting perverted faux "marriages", or make them give up their beliefs and support the idolatry of these fake unions.  

Because the Left is so super duper tolerant they can't tolerate Christians.  I'm pretty sure it's the Lefts' love of confusing biology that fell off the "stupid tree".  Man and woman being creatures made for each other is a painfully obvious fact, despite post-modern attempts to deny truth.  It's a shame "conservatives" have jumped onto the 'stupid' that maybe a penis is made for a butt and maybe two vaginas are made for each other, a person's "feelings" are what really count.  Unless you feel that's wrong based on, oh, biology, or longstanding religious beliefs, then your feelings are wrong and stupid.  Yeah, ok.

I guess you've never witnessed a gay pride parade......debauchery in full view......it's for the children...

Here is a thought. Homosexuality might not upset you so much if you didn't spend so much time thinking and talking about all the intimate, juicy, fluid-splashing details.

The most frequent, and detailed descriptions of homosexuality that I have seen on the Internet always seem to come from people who are against it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why were they passed? Because most people are nothing more than fucking children who don't know how to act without government force?
View Quote

Because absent such a law the pink mafia will try and use the force of local or state government to destroy the businesses of religious people??? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm fine with it.   If gays want to get married in a church and have the church recognize them then why don't they start their own damn churches and religion?
View Quote

Because they want to get married in your church and force their sacrilege and immorality into your church and the face of your fellow congregants. Even if they have to use government force and threats to make it happen.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why not just come right out and say whatever you're trying to say, 14er, instead of playing little passive-aggressive games, ok?
View Quote

13ers bitching about 14ers

As far as the thread topic goes... Well, this topic is full fucking retard from all angles. Yes, people should be able to discriminate. Yes, there should be certain limits placed on that(and at this point there are either no laws doing this, or the ones that exist go way too fucking far). Most of the publicized issues have been absolutely retarded, and likely manufactured by gay activists(many of whom I suspect are not gay themselves but find it an easy cause to use to be troublesome to others). If a cake shop doesn't want to make a cake for someone, well too fucking bad try one of the other hundred bakeries in the metro area. When it gets to the point, as it has now, where you are forced to do business that you don't want to or face being shut down, vilified in the media, and fined thousands of dollars by the state, then it is time to do something about the erosion of freedoms. This is no different than ObamaCare taxing you for not having the right health care plan(and fucking up the industry in the process and calling it an improvement). This shit has to stop.

I live in Portland, and according to the recent Gallup poll gays outnumber blacks here by a decent margin. Honestly I don't give a fuck what you do or who you do it with, just don't go shoving it in my face everywhere I go unless you want me to shove back.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do conservatives stand up for things they're supposed to?  Idk, that question falls off the stupid tree a lot. Maybe they should be Democrats.  

I think it's great that they put religious freedom, the 1st Amendment, over people's butt sex paraphilia. The Left wants Christians to either go out of business by not supporting perverted faux "marriages", or make them give up their beliefs and support the idolatry of these fake unions.  

Because the Left is so super duper tolerant they can't tolerate Christians.  I'm pretty sure it's the Lefts' love of confusing biology that fell off the "stupid tree".  Man and woman being creatures made for each other is a painfully obvious fact, despite post-modern attempts to deny truth.  It's a shame "conservatives" have jumped onto the 'stupid' that maybe a penis is made for a butt and maybe two vaginas are made for each other, a person's "feelings" are what really count.  Unless you feel that's wrong based on, oh, biology, or longstanding religious beliefs, then your feelings are wrong and stupid.  Yeah, ok.

I have seen the gay pride parade in SF, supposed to be the best of them all. I thought it was pretty funny but it didn't interest me so I didn't hang around to obsess over it.

Did you hang around to watch every detail of the ones you have seen? Did you keep your kids there with you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
14'er I guess I am, does it count that I lurked here since about '07?  Aside from that nonsense, people need to take the stupid chips off of their shoulders and grow up.  You can call me whatever you like, I'm a grown-a$$ man and I can and will ignore you.  I really don't care what you do or who you screw behind your closed doors.  I do get sick and tired of the media and the special interest groups trying to shove their crap down my throat.  I am a veteran, I am a Christian, I am a conservative, and an American.  I have a right to believe what I want, plain and simple.  I am also a business owner, and believe that I should be able to choose whether or not to do business with you, or employ you, at my will.  You, on the other hand, have the right to choose whether to use my services.  My employees also have the right to quit their job at will, and I have the right to continue their employment or not.  Let's try to play nice, please, people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, the one that mirrors the federal law that was passed under Clinton
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
14'er I guess I am, does it count that I lurked here since about '07?  Aside from that nonsense, people need to take the stupid chips off of their shoulders and grow up.  You can call me whatever you like, I'm a grown-a$$ man and I can and will ignore you.  I really don't care what you do or who you screw behind your closed doors.  I do get sick and tired of the media and the special interest groups trying to shove their crap down my throat. I am a veteran, I am a Christian, I am a conservative, and an American.  I have a right to believe what I want, plain and simple.  I am also a business owner, and believe that I should be able to choose whether or not to do business with you, or employ you, at my will.  You, on the other hand, have the right to choose whether to use my services.  My employees also have the right to quit their job at will, and I have the right to continue their employment or not.  Let's try to play nice, please, people.
View Quote

Why does that phrase always appear on this topic?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Because we all believe we are entitled to our opinions, whether right or not?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the bigger point GrandfatherCoyote is making is not whether discrimination was a problem, but whether the use of government force is an appropriate way to deal with the problem.  

I don't believe that one can end racism by passing a law that prohibits discrimination.  The best that such a law can accomplish is to drive outward manifestations of racism underground where they are hidden from public view.  When this happens, public shaming and market forces cannot be brought to bear.  As GrandfatherCoyote pointed out, if he doesn't like a racist business practice he can take his business elsewhere.  However, if he cannot discern what business are and are not run by people he does not like (because they are forced by the law to hide their positions) he cannot choose not to patronize those businesses.  As racism becomes hidden, the law extends its reach further to try and derive what is in our hearts and minds by resorting to other methods to try and find racism, such as by looking at disparate impacts and aggregate data.  It almost becomes a witch hunt of sorts for racists and racism may be found where it, in fact, doesn't exist.  This can cause resentment for the law and may even breed the very thing the law might be said to try and eliminate.

Consider that before 1964 it was still perfectly legal for private businesses to discriminate.  Overt discrimination was obvious, and market forces and social pressure could be brought to bear upon discriminators.  Just look at what happened with Woolworth's lunch counter.  Racial discrimination in private services was already on the way out because public sentiment was shifting.  Did the law really accelerate that trend, or did it send us on a different trajectory?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So racial discrimination in the South never was a "real" problem. Good to know it worked for you.

I think the bigger point GrandfatherCoyote is making is not whether discrimination was a problem, but whether the use of government force is an appropriate way to deal with the problem.  

I don't believe that one can end racism by passing a law that prohibits discrimination.  The best that such a law can accomplish is to drive outward manifestations of racism underground where they are hidden from public view.  When this happens, public shaming and market forces cannot be brought to bear.  As GrandfatherCoyote pointed out, if he doesn't like a racist business practice he can take his business elsewhere.  However, if he cannot discern what business are and are not run by people he does not like (because they are forced by the law to hide their positions) he cannot choose not to patronize those businesses.  As racism becomes hidden, the law extends its reach further to try and derive what is in our hearts and minds by resorting to other methods to try and find racism, such as by looking at disparate impacts and aggregate data.  It almost becomes a witch hunt of sorts for racists and racism may be found where it, in fact, doesn't exist.  This can cause resentment for the law and may even breed the very thing the law might be said to try and eliminate.

Consider that before 1964 it was still perfectly legal for private businesses to discriminate.  Overt discrimination was obvious, and market forces and social pressure could be brought to bear upon discriminators.  Just look at what happened with Woolworth's lunch counter.  Racial discrimination in private services was already on the way out because public sentiment was shifting.  Did the law really accelerate that trend, or did it send us on a different trajectory?

Pretty much nailed it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Because we all believe we are entitled to our opinions, whether right or not?
View Quote

There are lots of ways to express that idea. Why does the discussion of gays always come down to "shoving things down my throat"? I'm not Freud or anything, but sheesh.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't really consider it within that context.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pretty much nailed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So racial discrimination in the South never was a "real" problem. Good to know it worked for you.

Pretty much nailed it.

Having been in the South in that era, and talking to a number of people of the pale persuasion, I would say it is pretty certain that the law was a key part of that change.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The law is pointless.  Pence even admitted on Garrison that there was no pressing reason to pass it.

The GOP appealed to their base.  The libs used it to play to theirs.

At the end of the day, nothing is going to change.  And if someone DOES try to claim protection under the statute, it will out them as a discriminating entity.

My gay friends were pretty upset with this law but after reading more about it strikes me as being mostly pointless.   However IANAL
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]
If I am to properly utilize the "King's English", then I do not appreciate being told what I must or must not find acceptable.  That seems to override my sense of right and wrong.  I don't expect that everyone on this earth shares my opinions, but to the contrary.  I share my opinions, and the reasoning thereof, so that those that disagree might understand my viewpoint.  I'm not argumentative, just expressing my beliefs.  Those that don't agree, have all the right to do so, with no disrespect from me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Because they want to get married in your church and force their sacrilege and immorality into your church and the face of your fellow congregants. Even if they have to use government force and threats to make it happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm fine with it.   If gays want to get married in a church and have the church recognize them then why don't they start their own damn churches and religion?

I agree.   This isn't about "We just want to get married and be happy."   This stuff is "We want to destroy all that doesn't accept our mental disorder as normal."

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The law is pointless.  Pence even admitted on Garrison that there was no pressing reason to pass it.

At the end of the day, nothing is going to change.  And if someone DOES try to claim protection under the statute, it will out them as a discriminating entity.

My gay friends were pretty upset with this law but after reading more about it strikes me as being mostly pointless.   However IANAL
View Quote

So you want to wait until the people start suing businesses or try and get some regulators involved?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The bottom line is simple - if the goverment is discriminating against gays, or a person of some religion, or whatever, THAT is a constitutional issue. If it is a business or a person doing so, it's not.

Businesses and individual people should be able to do business with whomever they choose, and refuse to do business with anyone they choose. THAT is freedom.

View Quote

That's why I can't really even give a shit about the whole "adding gays to the list of protected classes". Government should not be telling businesses who they have to serve.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you want to wait until the people start suing businesses or try and get some regulators involved?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather not get anyone involved.  If a business doesn't want to serve _____, so be it.  But that isn't reality.  Freedom of association doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'd rather not get anyone involved.  If a business doesn't want to serve _____, so be it.  But that isn't reality.  Freedom of association doesn't exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what you are saying is that people should just do nothing and allow an intolerant minority destroy their business...because some people are unhappy or pissed off. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This wouldn't have been an issue if they wouldn't have wanted the courts for force a baker to make a cake for their gay wedding, then send the baker to fucking sensitivity training to get his mind right. They pushed to far and get what they deserve. Ya, I know it may not be the baker in Indiana, but the list goes on an on. Hey here's an idea, if the dress maker does want to make a dress for Steve then Steve should find someone else who will.

They're the ones that keep screaming they want tolerance, what about  tolerance for the ones that find their acts disgusting and morally repugnant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Between the global warming thread and this one, GHK98 is really laying it on thick.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah....Private businesses should be able to refuse service to any1 unless they are providing an essential product like utilities or meds etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

This! So much of this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Preach it, brother.  I don't want government - federal, state, or local - telling me I have to build a cabinet for a couple of atheist fags. Or a homophobic, God-talks-to-me, religious nut case either.  So I'm a little confused here. How should I feel about this law?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#30]
First time I've piped in on this type of topic.  Maybe someone can explain / guide me on this.  

Why is it I should "let" these groups / govt tell me what religious ways I should have to follow?  I personally  do not believe in homosexuality. I will teach my kids it's wrong as well.  On that same point, I am tolerant of it and if someone want to be gay then I really don't care.

Now if I had a business / product that I sold I would obviously sell to whoever.  But as an example of the wedding cake business, if someone came in and said they wanted and wedding cake for a gay marriage and I said (politely and professionally) sorry but I can't sell u it because I don't believe in it, then why should the person who wants to buy the product go through that much trouble about it? Why couldn't they "tolerate" my beliefs and take their $ elsewhere?  Or, order a cake, don't ask for 2 guys or 2 girls on top of the cake and just leave it at that?   Then there is the whole, how can the govt tell me what I'm allowed to believe in?  Why can I not flip it and tell homosexuals that since I believe in heterosexuality they have too, and not just tolerate it.  

The way I see it as an example for myself (and maybe I'm not being "extreme" enough) is, obviously I like guns.  When sandy hook or mass shootings happen, there are your gaurnteed businesses that with Jack prices up 3x,4x,5x+ their normal value.   I now do not do business with those companies.  If they want to make a $ off of something like that then they can all they want and I don't care because I will go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As far as the thread topic goes... Well, this topic is full fucking retard from all angles. Yes, people should be able to discriminate. Yes, there should be certain limits placed on that(and at this point there are either no laws doing this, or the ones that exist go way too fucking far). Most of the publicized issues have been absolutely retarded, and likely manufactured by gay activists(many of whom I suspect are not gay themselves but find it an easy cause to use to be troublesome to others). If a cake shop doesn't want to make a cake for someone, well too fucking bad try one of the other hundred bakeries in the metro area. When it gets to the point, as it has now, where you are forced to do business that you don't want to or face being shut down, vilified in the media, and fined thousands of dollars by the state, then it is time to do something about the erosion of freedoms. This is no different than ObamaCare taxing you for not having the right health care plan(and fucking up the industry in the process and calling it an improvement). This shit has to stop.

I live in Portland, and according to the recent Gallup poll gays outnumber blacks here by a decent margin. Honestly I don't give a fuck what you do or who you do it with, just don't go shoving it in my face everywhere I go unless you want me to shove back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not just come right out and say whatever you're trying to say, 14er, instead of playing little passive-aggressive games, ok?

That's because Portland is one of the whitest metro areas in the country.  Half of the population moved from elsewhere,  most of them being white 20 somethings.  

To the highlighted blue portion,  can you point me to a place on the west side that has good key lime pie?  You suggest this is an easy task,  yet after living here for eight years,  my best bet has been frozen unless I want to drive across the river.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#32]
The author says it's petty, wasteful and pointless to pass a law that will affect so few people, i.e. the people who would refuse to serve gay couples. Yet the gay couples themselves are not really being denied anything; they could get the same services (which are not exactly earth-shatteringly important, by the way; nobody's dying from a lack of wedding cakes) from any number of other businesses. Aren't the lawsuits that resulted from denial of service also petty, wasteful and pointless?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#33]
because unelected judges forcing people to associate and accept others is the foundation of liberty and freedom.

Join the Revolution
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Indiana law that 'fell off the stupid tree' (from cnbc)

"Let's be 100-percent clear: Indiana's brand new Religious Freedom Law is a measure that fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. And I say that as not only a conservative, but a religious conservative... "more at link http://www.cnbc.com/id/102541800

More links:

Gov Mike Pence-R press conference.  

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/25/gov-mike-pence-sign-religious-freedom-bill-thursday/70448858/

ESPN article

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12574928/big-ten-officials-discuss-new-indiana-religious-objections-law

What say you?

View Quote

I say we have already discussed this.

the general consensus from that thread was you have the freedom to associate with whomever you want for any reason, and yo should not be punished for it you should be free. Business owners have the right to refuse service.

In short. The law is a good one,

Sorry Gay guys but you don't have the right to force people to work with you.

I hope laws like this sweep the nation and shut down the Gay Mafia. who use extortion to get their way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Preach it, brother.  I don't want government - federal, state, or local - telling me I have to build a cabinet for a couple of atheist fags. Or a homophobic, God-talks-to-me, religious nut case either.  So I'm a little confused here. How should I feel about this law?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The n we agree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I love how the ARFCOM liberaltarians love it when the government forces you to associate with people you don't want to.

So freedom, much tolerance...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I love how the ARFCOM liberaltarians love it when the government forces you to associate with people you don't want to.

So freedom, much tolerance...
View Quote

WTF are you talking about?

I think someone is confused. As a libertarian, I believe in total freedom of association. People/ businesses should be allowed to serve or not serve whoever they wish for any reason they choose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#38]
a business should be able to refuse service for any reason.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
the general consensus from that thread was you have the freedom to associate with whomever you want for any reason, and yo should not be punished for it you should be free. Business owners have the right to refuse service.
I hope laws like this sweep the nation and shut down the Gay Mafia. who use extortion to get their way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Indiana law that 'fell off the stupid tree' (from cnbc)
"Let's be 100-percent clear: Indiana's brand new Religious Freedom Law is a measure that fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. And I say that as not only a conservative, but a religious conservative... "more at link http://www.cnbc.com/id/102541800
More links:
Gov Mike Pence-R press conference.  
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/25/gov-mike-pence-sign-religious-freedom-bill-thursday/70448858/
ESPN article
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12574928/big-ten-officials-discuss-new-indiana-religious-objections-law
What say you?

I'm really a live and let live kinda guy.  I don't do a lot of public displays of affection with my wife, at least not in retail stores or public restaurants.  It's not like I have to fight to restrain myself.  I don't understand how some people feel an intimate matter like sex is something that needs to be aired out in public.  Like I said, I don't care if people do it, that's their prerogative. I just don't, and don't feel my life is missing anything.

Which brings up the question, how can "gay" people be discriminated against?  Unless, they're engaged in blatant public displays of affection, whose going to know?  Two guys in a store or restaurant isn't that unusual, and with females it's common.  Unless they're engaged in PDA, nobody is going to look twice at them.    

With all that said, I'm opposed to creating yet more laws.  I think it's stupid to discriminate against paying customers, but I support voluntaryism.  Good or bad, people have a right to choose who they interact with.  That goes for both their public and private lives. If they don't like the people they're around in a public situation, they can remove themselves from that public situation.  If they don't won't someone on their private property, they should be allowed to prohibit that person from their private property.

To me that's just common sense.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Ain't no scriptural basis for kicking gays out of your store.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#41]
What's stupid, is this "bold legislative action" is fairly pointless.  It plays to the segment of the Republican party that is socially conservative, but likes wielding big government.  So it alienates small government Republicans, social liberals, ...pretty much the majority of voters.  It gives Democrats ammunition to spin their agenda and win political points.

If this is chess and not checkers, then this kind of political action is stupid.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's fascinating how "my civil rights and freedoms are more important AND trump your civil rights and freedoms..."

View Quote

This is the base of it all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The bill signing makes Indiana the 20th state in the nation to adopt such legislation. It is modeled on the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which President Bill Clinton signed in 1993.

Don't confuse the liberals with a fact.  It messes up their hashtag bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In in IN.
View Quote

Well played.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would not fit in with the forced acceptance theme.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ain't no scriptural basis for kicking gays out of your store.
View Quote

Sure there is. Just depends on the situation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

This. What is the big deal?

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Have any of you even read what this law does?

From this article;http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/indianas-religious-freedom-restoration-act-explained_900641.html?page=1

Is the Religious Freedom Restoration Act really a license to discriminate against gay people?

No. Stanford law professor Michael McConnell, a former appellate court judge, tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email: "In the decades that states have had RFRA statutes, no business has been given the right to discriminate against gay customers, or anyone else."
View Quote

It is almost exactly the same as the federal version. It appears the controversy over this is another attempt at creating a tempest in a teapot to further a left wing agenda.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

From this article;http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/indianas-religious-freedom-restoration-act-explained_900641.html?page=1

It is almost exactly the same as the federal version. It appears the controversy over this is another attempt at creating a tempest in a teapot to further a left wing agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is the Religious Freedom Restoration Act really a license to discriminate against gay people?

No. Stanford law professor Michael McConnell, a former appellate court judge, tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email: "In the decades that states have had RFRA statutes, no business has been given the right to discriminate against gay customers, or anyone else."

Yes. Basically it is a restatement of the intent of the 1st Amendment. It's disturbing that it is controversial.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top