BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If only there were dry places around the world filled with oil wells, douchebags, and guns that we may have already deployed too or could again in the future. Then we just have to find someplace similar in the USA to practice.

But where?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah we did this already, move along.

Link? The graphic seems sort of perverse. SpecOps taking Texas? Good training, sure. But training for...taking Texas?

If only there were dry places around the world filled with oil wells, douchebags, and guns that we may have already deployed too or could again in the future. Then we just have to find someplace similar in the USA to practice.

But where?

29 palms
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Can I invite them to the range and buy them beers after ?  Not sure why there's a freak out these cats are bamfs and prob great dudes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Details please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't a cop shoot and kill an SF guy 20 years or so ago during one of these?

Has it been that long?

Details please.

From Wikipedia:

On 23 February 2002, during an off-post traffic stop, Moore County Deputy Sheriff Randall Butler shot to death 1st Lieutenant Tallas Tomeny, 31, and wounded Staff Sergeant Stephen Phelps, 25, during a Robin Sage exercise. The two soldiers had presumed that Butler was aware of the Robin Sage training, and when stopped, attempted to bribe him with "Don" (Pineland currency), which looks similar to Monopoly money. The deputy used his entire supply of chemical spray on Tomeny, who backpedaled and screamed, shaking his head. Phelps continued to think that the deputy was part of the play of the exercise and grabbed the bag holding his machine gun, running for cover. Butler shot Tomeny once, turned, and shot the fleeing Phelps twice after telling him to show his hands. Prior to the accident, there was confidence within the military establishment that the law enforcement community of North Carolina was well familiarized with the exercise. Press releases are now issued before an exercise commences and law enforcement officers who participate in the training are now required to wear a distinctive uniform.

On 27 October 2009 a federal civil trial jury in Greensboro, North Carolina awarded $750,000 to Phelps after he sued Butler and the Moore County Sheriff's office. Tomeny's estate had previously settled out-of-court with the sheriff's office. Jurors said that they did not believe portions of Butler's testimony about what had occurred during the shooting incident
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
^ Caused by shitty communication.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
lol

All I have to say is.....it has to be super hard for US SOF forces to blend into an American population.  

Not that I'm making fun of SOF guys, but, seriously......

If you're going to practice your infiltration skills, maybe try something other than blending into the place you come from.  

.........unless this is something more sinister....dun, dun, dun.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Operation Jade Helm, prepping the battle space with Texas and Utah as the OPFOR.  Great intelligence gathering opportunity.  Unless of course you think they are doing it to better protect us.

ETA: Here's the contact information.  Email or call these good people and ask them what the fuck does "Master the Human Domain" mean?!?  Jesus.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Shit. Nothing special there. I'm in the military and I operate undetected amongst the civilian population up to 28 days a month.

Of course I'm in the National Guard....
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
So they are dropping into friendly territory, where nobody gives a fuck and where people carry all sorts of weapons loaded with all sorts of rounds that are not blanks...

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Operation Jade Helm, prepping the battle space with Texas and Utah as the OPFOR.  Great intelligence gathering opportunity.  Unless of course you think they are doing it to better protect us.

ETA: Here's the contact information.  Email or call these good people and ask them what the fuck does "Master the Human Domain" mean?!?  Jesus.

https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/10314616_943167485702692_9049495526894168682_n.jpg?w=750&h=605

View Quote

Why u mad tho?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/10314616_943167485702692_9049495526894168682_n.jpg?w=750&h=605

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure I'm gonna hear this shit from my libertarian coworker on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to play..
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#14]
That's 19th Group.  Ispent 5 years in I ad we were based at Camp Wlliams Utah.  We did that shit every year in training and then would go on individual missions.
Hl I spent 3 week dressed as a hippy walking up and down Hollywood Blvd.  There were about 20 of us on that mission.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's 19th Group.  Ispent 5 years in I ad we were based at Camp Wlliams Utah.  We did that shit every year in training and then would go on individual missions.
Hl I spent 3 week dressed as a hippy walking up and down Hollywood Blvd.  There were about 20 of us on that mission.
View Quote

19th grp.

This is a clue as to why they are doing this in Utah and Texas.

I'll wait for the special people among us figure out why.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can I invite them to the range and buy them beers after ?  Not sure why there's a freak out these cats are bamfs and prob great dudes.
View Quote

I don't know what part of the state you live in......around here anything in the sky dies...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:56:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? The graphic seems sort of perverse. SpecOps taking Texas? Good training, sure. But training for...taking Texas?

But where?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#18]
so its NOT for new episodes of that TV show?  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol

All I have to say is.....it has to be super hard for US SOF forces to blend into an American population.  

If you're going to practice your infiltration skills, maybe try something other than blending into the place you come from.  

View Quote

"It's cool guys, we can stay at my mom's house, she's just down the road!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So they are dropping into friendly territory, where nobody gives a fuck and where people carry all sorts of weapons loaded with all sorts of rounds that are not blanks...

View Quote
These sorts dont JUST go around blowing shit up and shooting people in the face ya know..

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These sorts dont JUST go around blowing shit up and shooting people in the face ya know..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bars in the area may be in trouble though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#22]
The mission is actually to set up clandestine crossfit gyms across the southwest and convert the populace.  Think about the potential for 8 ODA teams unleashing crossfit.  

To spot them you will need to look for murdered out bro dozers, black faced suunto core watches, and flat billed hats.  Maybe some rifles too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Scary. I'm going back to the basement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Notice how they choose Texas for realistic training in a backward 3rd world country
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Notice how they choose Texas for realistic training in a backward 3rd world country
View Quote

Says the guy from Australia.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://
westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/10314616_943167485702692_9049495526894168682_n.jpg?w=750&h=605

View Quote

1.  Do you  believe that our armed forces should be training to defend American soil from foreign invasion?  Can you tell me what a SF Groups mission during such an invasion would be?  More specifically what would a SFG (NG) be doing?

2.  Do you believe that one of the reasons our forefathers affirmed our right to keep and bear arms was to defend against foreign invasion?  Tell me who will be training the "militia" to fight against this hypothetical professional invasion force. Your uncle Jeb may be a fine shot with his "turty-turty" but does he know the weak spots on an IFV, how to cook up a batch of something that will cut rail lines or collapse a bridge?  Does he know how to maintain records or payroll for a guerrilla force, treat dysentery, gather-verify-filter-disseminate information from a variety of intel sources be they disgruntled enemy officers or drug addled junkies?  How is Uncle Jeb at wireless coms?

[Sarcasm]
If only we had a professional organization within our armed forces composed of men who were not only subject matter experts in these fields but trained to teach them to others.  [/Sarcasm]

3.  Turn off the Alex Jones for a while, stop huffing spray paint, and maybe get out and talk to some members of our military.  Then go talk to some federal law enforcement, some politicians, journalists, college professors,  media personalities, then tell me who you think represents the biggest potential threat of " tyranny and oppression."
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But where?

LOL!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Undetected.

Groups of bearded men by the dozen with softshells, merrils, and operat0r pants on.

Totally undetectable.
View Quote

wait....you mean those guys I see at the gun show are OPERATORS?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Does Alex jones know about this????
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does Alex jones know about this????
View Quote

Who do you think broke the story?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Asolos. Merrels are sooooo last decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Undetected.

Groups of bearded men by the dozen with softshells, merrils, and operat0r pants on.

Totally undetectable.

Salomon bro...its all Salomon now.  Much more high speed with the laces that you don't have to tie.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#35]
"controversial"

Shut up, author.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pineland.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They've been doing this all over NC for ages now. People are freaking out over nothing. You can only train so realistically on a range you've already done so much you've memorized it. Getting out into the real world to train is the next logical step.

I did the guerrilla detail for Robin Sage back in 2005. No ranges, just out with the SF students doing training missions all over rural NC. Running firefights through people's back yards and shit. Tons of civilians were in on it and played roles. By far the best training I ever saw in the Army.
View Quote

Me too in 1979.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

NM is know for weird shit. I was camping out there this one time, and a silver-ish craft, disk shaped, with small portal windows burned in. We tried to go help, but we were turned back by NGmen in promask. It looked like they were handleing bodies, but who knows. They weren't human bodies.
Years later, I heard about are 51. I was like, "That's the spot". Thanks, Unsolved Mysteries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not do this in Puerto Rico?

In the publically released documentation, one of the main reasons for selecting that area was the HUGE support for the mil in those states, and land owners volunteering private land to train on, with of course an acceptable fee.

I know one night I saw a couple Ospreys take off from the middle of a field in nowhere NM and head towards Canon.

But weird things happen out here all the time, that wasn't too weird.

NM is know for weird shit. I was camping out there this one time, and a silver-ish craft, disk shaped, with small portal windows burned in. We tried to go help, but we were turned back by NGmen in promask. It looked like they were handleing bodies, but who knows. They weren't human bodies.
Years later, I heard about are 51. I was like, "That's the spot". Thanks, Unsolved Mysteries.

The only thing unsolved in Unsolved Mysteries was why they couldnt keep Robert Stack's hairpiece in one place
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

People pick us out all the time. Imagine confident, purposeful, dudes with athletic builds and good posture, in a sea of lazy fat asses who can't look you in the eye.
View Quote

I've heard some chiefs call it swag. Maybe that's just them attempting to relate with the lower enlisted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#42]
maybe i missed that part in training but how does dude fall from the sky then blend in civi pop?

unless he's dropping in pleated khakis and a flannel cut off shirt ...  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#43]
shitty training. blending into the population in the USA is easy.
carry around a starbucks cup, listen to your ipod. Dont talk to anyone. Oh also skinny jeans and hipster boots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
People pick us out all the time. Imagine confident, purposeful, dudes with athletic builds and good posture, in a sea of lazy fat asses who can't look you in the eye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

if they wanted to try to blend in....   take the left side SF guys and drop them into lejeune on a friday night..  just to see what happens..  

go pro everything!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

shitty training. blending into the population in the USA is easy.

carry around a starbucks cup, listen to your ipod. Dont talk to anyone. Oh also skinny jeans and hipster boots.
View Quote

and a cock in your mouth...    its all about the details when blending into your environment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#46]
What is an "ODG"?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is a clue as to why they are doing this in Utah and Texas.

I'll wait for the special people among us figure out why.  
View Quote

They are looking for Reid's alleged assailant...who might be blending in as exercise equipment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Salomon bro...its all Salomon now.  Much more high speed with the laces that you don't have to tie.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Undetected.

Totally undetectable.

Oh, I bet the 18Bs love that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

It's a really hard thing to conceal just alertness. Amazing how obvious it.

Blending in the US is just as difficult as blending in anywhere else. It's all about learning which dress/vehicles/posture fits an area and trying to emulate it.

Plus it's cheaper than the taxpayers paying refugee visa ME crew tons of money to play roles.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I operate undetected in the civilian community every day.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top