User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/27/2015 10:45:18 PM EDT
update with ARFCOM meet up info:

Let's do a Friday at 11:30 - Magpul booth #2336
& Saturday at 15:00 same place.

just got my badge. Excited to walk the floor as it will be my first time at a show like this

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
^^^^^^ he is going so I am totally in!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I should be there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in.
Where is the official Arfcom after show party?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Should be there
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know. I have proposed a meeting/gathering place as I have not seen anything specifically mentioned (but maybe I missed it). Last year we talked getting together but it never happened. We were lucky to bump into a few other ARFCOMers because someone was smart enough to wear a hat.

So how about 11:30 AM on Friday 10th at the Magpul booth 2336, they had lots of space last year. Just an idea. Just throwing darts.
It would give us sometime before the leadership forum at 1PM (I want to see all of the politicians pitch to the members, the heckling could be great).

As for the after party?  How about 20:30 or 21:00 on Friday, somewhere close to the meeting?  Any suggestions on locations. Moms basement is to far, so perhaps a dark bar?

The meeting gets busy and people have certain mission or show up for certain times. Again just a thought, but if we don't decide it will not happen.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I live next door... so yes.  I will be there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Will be there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish. Still kicking myself for not going when it was in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there, working.

NRA Foundation/Friends of NRA Banquet, and whatever else they may need me for.

Wall of Guns, or the pellet gun range, perhaps?

I'm in for any and all meet-ups.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay then let's just make this happen:

11:30 AM on Friday 10th at the Magpul booth 2336. Unofficially, official meet up.

OP can you post this at the top of the thread and we can make this happen

If we like each other enough maybe we can plan drinks later on Friday night. Maybe this can take on some steam as well and we can meet up later.

Conga line and all ... Wait wrong group ..... Bolt carrier group discussion with the adult beverage we always take pictures of.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#15]
So far, I'm going. I assed around and forgot to pre-register. I guess I'll stand in line.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

11:30 AM on Friday 10th at the Magpul booth 2336. Unofficially, official meet up.

If we like each other enough maybe we can plan drinks later on Friday night. Maybe this can take on some steam as well and we can meet up later.

Conga line and all ... Wait wrong group ..... Bolt carrier group discussion with the adult beverage we always take pictures of.
View Quote

No can do.

Saturday for me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

ill just be there on Sat myself.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No can do.
Saturday for me.
View Quote

Since we will never be able to accommodate everyone and life happens, let try different approach. Get both!

Let's do a Friday at 11:30 - Magpul booth

Friday meet up thoughts: time before NRA-ILA event and give folks time to take in some morning show floor goodies.

Saturday meet up thoughts: members meeting might go three hours (starts at 10:00) and it gives folks time to grab lunch and meet up.

This allows us all at least two chance to meet up.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#19]
updated title and op
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]
In.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
How will we recognize each other?

Secret handshake...?

I'll have on (if I remember) an ARFCOM THF cap.

Just another fat guy in 5.11's...

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Secret handshake...?

View Quote

You and me both on the 5.11's brother. I don't have said hat, I will fix that soon. In the mean time I shall pull out the semi retired hockey jersey, it has a big target in the front.

not liking that my cohorts in the picture are not coming, but I am sure we can all still get in trouble.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Since we will never be able to accommodate everyone and life happens, let try different approach. Get both!

Friday meet up thoughts: time before NRA-ILA event and give folks time to take in some morning show floor goodies.

Saturday meet up thoughts: members meeting might go three hours (starts at 10:00) and it gives folks time to grab lunch and meet up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No can do.
Saturday for me.

Sounds like a better plan. I won't be down that early Friday. Maybe pass some numbers around.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Double tap.
I was a little disappointed last year that nothing came together (that I knew of at least).
ETA:
Who's up for taking over what appears to be a hipster bar at our hotel?
Possible hipster bar?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Double tap.
I was a little disappointed last year that nothing came together (that I knew of at least).
ETA:
Possible hipster bar?
View Quote

Let's go somewhere better.  Like Barlines, The Southern, Merchants, Bakersfield... not in a hotel bar.  All the ones listed are within walking distance from the convention.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Let's go somewhere better.  Like Barlines, The Southern, Merchants, Bakersfield... not in a hotel bar.  All the ones listed are within walking distance from the convention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Double tap.

ETA:

Possible hipster bar?

Agreed. I wouldn't mind The Southern if we can even get in.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap.
ETA:
Possible hipster bar?

I don't know the area so I'll deffer to the local members.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap.
ETA:
Possible hipster bar?

Well I live across the street from The Southern, Bakersfield is in my building, and the others are a block away.  The Music City Center is next door to my building, which is where the conference is.  The bar you suggested is on West End Ave., which we would all have to drive to and parking is non-existent over there.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#30]
So voting for the 76th Member of the NRA board is only open to voting members who attend annual meeting. It is a one year term, so that person must run again on the very next ballot (2016).

Voting takes place outside of the Grand Ballroom at the Music City Center, which is where the Members Meeting will be held on Saturday.
Voting is taking place on Friday and Saturday until 4 PM.

Vote early, but you can't vote often because they check to see who you are. Amazing that .... If we only .... Never mind

Vote Maloney

Sean traveled the country from the 2013 Colorado recalls & knocking on door in Virginia , 2014 trips to Connecticut and Iowa, among many trips to get out the grassroots across the country. Sean earned my trust , he is a brilliant and effective grassroots tactician. I stand with Sean .... Please consider voting Sean and know that you are getting a member centric board member. He will also be at the ARFCOM rally points on both Friday and Saturday  to meet ARFCOM members. More Board members who work with us and represent our interests the better.

Sean and I in Iowa on our our dime in Oct '14 standing with our friends from the IOWA firearms Coalition. And don't axpect anything less of Sean and I than traveling to stand where we are needed (and never on the NRA dime).
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still up in the air if I can go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Question if I cannot make the meet-up.

Where can I get the best BBQ in town? I prefer the smokiest dry-rubbiest pork ribs I can find.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm in.
View Quote

Ask for BlackOps rooms
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Show week. im planning on driving up from Bama early on sat, parking at lot by the stadium across the river and either walking/riding shuttle to the show.

anyone see any info about not being able to carry in the show? i would be carrying concealed of course but didnt want to have to get turned around at the entrance due to a pat down.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#37]
You can carry at the event
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Show week. im planning on driving up from Bama early on sat, parking at lot by the stadium across the river and either walking/riding shuttle to the show.

anyone see any info about not being able to carry in the show? i would be carrying concealed of course but didnt want to have to get turned around at the entrance due to a pat down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

from the www.nraam.org site:
During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Gonna be an awesome experience.

What's the sign and countersign going to be?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

lightning / thunder
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Secret handshake...?

View Quote

Don't you know all arfcommers are handsome, well dressed, intelligent, wealthy, 6'2", well chiseled. Each will be surrounded by beautiful women.    
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beans?

No beans!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]
How do you get invited to this thing?  How much does it cost?  I'm a life member.

Small chance of me going, but that's better than no chance
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

lightning / thunder
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lightning / thunder

Classic sign/countersign.  I approve.

Beans/No beans would also be acceptable
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Not feeling the 14 hour drive nor the $600 plane tickets.

Enjoy guys!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey. Op. I have a little thread hijack... please to indulge me...

I have a little favor to ask of of my fellow ARFCOMMERS that are going to the Friday morning meet up. I just actually thunk of it.

I am driving down from Michigan the day before with my buddy Bob, his brother and some of his friends.

Some of you may remember that I played a little practical joke on old Bob a few months ago. If you don't, go here... Linky.

I was just wondering if some of you guys could, you know, help me with a little project here. You see, I felt the best way to give the gift of laughter is if it keeps on giving. What better way than to include a few random strangers from the internet in another state to carry out round two of this gag.

I would like to drag old unsuspecting Bob to the ARFCOM Friday morning meet up and have a few of you guys "recognize him from YouTube" or do a Norm from Cheers type of greeting when we walk into the booth. Something along those lines... If there is any interest in this whatsoever, we will have to plan it out a bit so you will know which two random fat guys to greet in the correct manner!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Where is the decent/cheap parking for Friday?

What is this shuttle that was mentioned?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
getting close!   ...reviewing handgunlaw.us for TN right now...  good grief, ...it's like 20 pages worth of cluster...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top