Quoted:
3 yrs from retirement
I want my everyone else's money
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not likely to ever see anything I paid in anyway, so I'd rather shut it down and quit paying that social security tax.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This one never gets old.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want every dime back.

I was forced in, pay up bitch.

This one never gets old.

Pretty much.  Unless they are willing to screw their kids for a % of their income to pay for retirement.....the "pay up bitch" really means "Son, I need you to pay up for something you didn't do, because the government took my money and spent it before you were born, for an obligation you didn't make....oh, and you won't get your money back out, hahaha, I got mines."

That's what he's saying.  He just doesn't know it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How about we stop the SSI disability checks to people who supposedly are disabled, such as those with anxiety, and other like disabilities.
While we are at it how about cutting out welfare for those that are able bodied and capable of working, as well as food stamps. Cut off all aid to
undocumented workers (illegal aliens). How much money could be saved by doing that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No but I would support kicking everyone off that never paid a dime into it.

This.

How about we stop the SSI disability checks to people who supposedly are disabled, such as those with anxiety, and other like disabilities.
While we are at it how about cutting out welfare for those that are able bodied and capable of working, as well as food stamps. Cut off all aid to
undocumented workers (illegal aliens). How much money could be saved by doing that?

These checks should of never came from the social security fund in the first place.  It was just easier for the politicians to steal from it.   If they had a special "social welfare" fund for this, it would be more clear just how money is being wasted for all these other causes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

These checks should of never came from the social security fund in the first place.  It was just easier for the politicians to steal from it.   If they had a special "social welfare" fund for this, it would be more clear just how money is being wasted for all these other causes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No but I would support kicking everyone off that never paid a dime into it.

This.

Again, why do you think they put those two things together?  

Make the "pot" bigger, make the program harder to repeal.  Obamacare did the same shit.  Not to mention that it really is a "do you not have feels???" problem.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not likely to ever see anything I paid in anyway, so I'd rather shut it down and quit paying that social security tax.
View Quote

SPNI.  The cyclic nature of this needs to end.  It can be now, beacause it will most definitly stop later.  No sense digging the proverbial hole any deeper.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Another thing to piss you guys off.

All of those Illegal Aliens 0bama wants to make legal.

Well guess what they will be able to collect Social Security!
And when they bring Momma, and Papa in the country.
They will be able to collect too, if they reach retirement age
Having NEVER PUT ONE PENNY INTO THE SYSTEM.
How do you like that!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do you like that!
View Quote

Which is why SS as it is, not how it was intended to be, needs to be called exactly what it is.

It's wealth redistribution and welfare. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

SPNI.  The cyclic nature of this needs to end.  It can be now, beacause it will most definitly stop later.  No sense digging the proverbial hole any deeper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  The first step towards getting out of a whole is to stop digging.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if I dig deep enough, I might get my money back.  I just know it.!!!!

If I keep gambling, I'll eventually win my money back.  I just know it!!!

If I just keep drinking, my problems don't really exist.  I just know it!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I won't write that.  Although I do enjoy watching someone have an argument with the voices in their head.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be fine with the government doing absolutely nothing.

You don't foresee any possible problems with having the DoD and Bureau of Prisons suddenly close for a few years?

Not as long as we can fund the grant that studies the effect of Spotted Owl flatulence on Redwood growth.  How about we start there?  This is the part where you write, "Great, let's just end all of the AIDS and cancer research too, while we're at it."  

Want to see a Free Shit Army?  Look into grants.  People on welfare are pikers.  Grant writers are professionals.

I won't write that.  Although I do enjoy watching someone have an argument with the voices in their head.  

I appreciate your tacit approval.  Both of me's.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Age 29:

Apparently if I die you guys will be paying my family 4k/mo forever. Why do I even have life insurance. I might just join the FSA with the rest of you old people, we paid into this thing goddamnit.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is physically impossible to pay off tens of trillions of dollars of "accounts" and do anything with our government without skyrocketing the debt in an incredible fashion.

I mean seriously, how do you do anything with literally every dollar of taxes going for years to pay back everyone's SS taxes?
View Quote

Coming out of the gate thinking it is impossible is defeatist and not helpful.

Just one idea... How about a combination of cutting the massive spending, actually collecting taxes from business instead of giving them  huge write offs, coupled with some trade tariffs to keep American businesses competitive at home and American workers getting paid to cover the shortfalls. Maybe not an ideal or even workable plan but a plan to start the ideas flowing. Get creative.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No. Shut it down now and give me all my back payments, then I'll stop thinking about it. But the government has been taking my money (for my own good, of course) for over 30 years, and I want my money back. I fucking support a family of four and probably up to ten other FSA. I want my hard work back.

That's right, youngsters. I'm the old guy who will FO if the social security lockbox gets raided. Nationalize my 401k and "postal" will have a new meaning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just one idea... How about a combination of cutting the massive spending, actually collecting taxes from business instead of giving them  huge write offs, coupled with some trade tariffs to keep American businesses competitive at home and American workers getting paid to cover the shortfalls. Maybe not an ideal or even workable plan but a plan to start the ideas flowing. Get creative.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is physically impossible to pay off tens of trillions of dollars of "accounts" and do anything with our government without skyrocketing the debt in an incredible fashion.

I mean seriously, how do you do anything with literally every dollar of taxes going for years to pay back everyone's SS taxes?

Stop the bleeding.  Stop redistributing wealth and bring the federal government back to the limited role that the Constitution intended it to be.

PS:  Don't raise taxes on businesses.  You only encourage capital flight by doing so.  Put the corporate tax rate at 0% and watch corporate headquarters come here in droves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Basically this thread boils down to

50% of old guys yelling at clouds about not taking away their SS.

40% young guys who don't want to continue being robbed to pay for the old guys yelling at clouds who don't want to give up SS

and 10% of old guys who want to stop SS so their children don't get robbed from to fund them.
View Quote

I'm not old and I want my money back if it's stopped
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry buddy, you're not as educated on this subject as you think you are.
The money was to be used to pay current beneficiaries.
It was to go into a special account just for that, as it was set up that way.
But that's not what out glorious government did with the money.
They put all the money they collected from SS taxes into the GENERAL FUND.
This was done several years ago. So the budget deficit wouldn't look so bad.
And to give the CROOKS in WASHINGTON more money to dole out to their favorite projects and people.
Then they went on to spend that money on all sorts of other bullshit.
That was never meant to happen.

That's why the money and the Social Security system is fucked now.

Given your user name I suspect you're a federal employee, that has your own retirement system.
So why should you give a shit about anyone but your own selfish ass.

Now you want to fuck over some old people that live off that money.
Aren't you a little Gem.
But than again everyone here knows you for what you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been paying into it for nearly forty years.  Sure, shut it down - give me a few years where I actually get to keep my money and pump it into my own retirement plan.  But pay me the fuck back everything I've paid in, at whatever interest would be reasonable.  Otherwise, you're just stealing from me.  And doing it openly and unapologetically at that.

Serious question-

How would they pay you back?  The money you paid in was gone as soon as it hit the bank.  They spent it to pay older benificiaries. There is no money.  It is gone.  

It is the nature of a ponzi scheme.

So, yes...you were stolen from.  Now what?

Sorry buddy, you're not as educated on this subject as you think you are.
The money was to be used to pay current beneficiaries.
It was to go into a special account just for that, as it was set up that way.
But that's not what out glorious government did with the money.
They put all the money they collected from SS taxes into the GENERAL FUND.
This was done several years ago. So the budget deficit wouldn't look so bad.
And to give the CROOKS in WASHINGTON more money to dole out to their favorite projects and people.
Then they went on to spend that money on all sorts of other bullshit.
That was never meant to happen.

That's why the money and the Social Security system is fucked now.

Given your user name I suspect you're a federal employee, that has your own retirement system.
So why should you give a shit about anyone but your own selfish ass.

Now you want to fuck over some old people that live off that money.
Aren't you a little Gem.
But than again everyone here knows you for what you are.

Are you off your meds

You went full circle on retard from there is no money to how we want to starve old people

There is no money.  It's spent.  That's how Ponzi schemes work.  SS is a tax you paid and the gov spent.  It's done.  It's just a question of how much debt you want to saddle your kids with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

40% young guys who don't want to continue being robbed to pay for the old guys yelling at clouds who don't want to give up SS

and 10% of old guys who want to stop SS so their children don't get robbed from to fund them.

If you want your money back go start robbing current retirees and their dead parents.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not too far from retirement...

I vote shut it down!

For the sake of my children and grandchildren shut it down!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you want your money back go start robbing current retirees and their dead parents.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not how the system works
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Taxes on business are just another operational cost of doing business that gets passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices. Taxing business more, let alone at all, isn't economically beneficial in all reality.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's not how the system works
View Quote

But that's the only way to get "your" money back since it's already been spent.  That or as an alternative find a bunch of toddlers to steal from to get even for having your money stolen by older folks in the past.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

How do you like that!
View Quote
Have to disagree with you on that one, to some degree. While many illegals work for cash, a sizable portion work using someone else social security number (and sometimes more than one illegal uses one person's number). This means that they did pay taxes on the income, but more than likely never collected on it. But yeah, you are right once they become legal it will just be an added burden to a struggling system that, due to the onslaught of the Baby Boomers, is about to burst at the seams.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No. Shut it down now and give me all my back payments, then I'll stop thinking about it. But the government has been taking my money (for my own good, of course) for over 30 years, and I want my money back. I fucking support a family of four and probably up to ten other FSA. I want my hard work back.

That's right, youngsters. I'm the old guy who will FO if the social security lockbox gets raided. Nationalize my 401k and "postal" will have a new meaning.
View Quote

LOL at all the rocket surgeons who think they "paid into" something.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How do you like that!
View Quote

That sh*t started in the '70s.  I forgot if it was Carter or Nixon.  That said, shut the mofo down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, quite a heated debate here. I've made the SS payout probably 10 of the past 12 years by working assloads of OT (doubt I'll hit it this year since they keep raising it), but I'd still happily let the SS system die so I can keep more of my money now. I want to be the one making that money work for me, not rely on the government to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aww....isn't that cute.  

Talks about supporting the FSA while arguing how he is entitled to our money and he wants his free shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

Talks about supporting the FSA while arguing how he is entitled to our money and he wants his free shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

Wanting money back that has been taken out of his check has nothing to with FSA or free shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wanting money back that has been taken out of his check has nothing to with FSA or free shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

I'd like all the money back that was taken out under the income tax section, what do you think the odds of that are?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like a unicorn that shits Skittles.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd like all the money back that was taken out under the income tax section, what do you think the odds of that are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

About the same as SS ending
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww....isn't that cute.  

Touche lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hell yes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#35]
lol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ANd pisses lemonade
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ANd pisses lemonade
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ANd pisses lemonade

Pervert.        
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#38]
They've already got 20K of my money from when I worked prior to the TRS.  I'll never see any of it. All gone.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No, my Dad paid a LOT of money into SS and deserves to recoup at least some of that.  It's a bad program but just canceling the whole thing benefits the young guys by screwing the old guys.  We (woefully) got into this mess as a nation and I'd rather see us get out as a nation.
View Quote

Your dad had something stolen from him. That thing is gone forever, and can never be got back. The choice is not "Get pops his money back or not" the choice is "Pops accepts that his money is gone" or "Pops votes for someone else to be robbed to recoup his losses."

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've been paying into it for nearly forty years.  Sure, shut it down - give me a few years where I actually get to keep my money and pump it into my own retirement plan.  But pay me the fuck back everything I've paid in, at whatever interest would be reasonable.  Otherwise, you're just stealing from me.  And doing it openly and unapologetically at that.
View Quote

You realize that this is not physically possible, correct?

Your money was stolen, and spent. It is gone forever. What you are saying, is that you want the .gov to steal more money, from other people, in order to pay you back what was stolen from you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is a tax and it will never ever go away.
View Quote

The problem with socialism social security is that eventually you run out of other people's money.

At some point either the system will collapse or the feds will have to fire up the printing presses to the point that hyperinflation will destroy all value anyway.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Since I've put in 38 years into I'm not willing to kiss good-bye to the hundreds of thousands I've put into it.

I am however willing to accept a tax exempt check for every dime I put into it with 3% interest.

I have 8 years before I qualify for SS and haven't planned on it even being there. Like a big boy I've been earning retirement pensions and socking money away in the 401K and into the stock market.
View Quote

That money is already gone. You have kissed it goodbye, whether you realize or accept that or not.

You only choice is whether or not to have fed.gov steal more money from more people in order to give back what they stole from you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's amazing the amount of people on a generally conservative web site that can turn into real wealth redistribution fans when it impacts them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been paying into it for over 20 years.  I want my fucking money back.

It is a tax.  They didn't put your money in a savings account with your name on it.  It's gone.

End it.  Everyone 35 or younger now pays an additional 20% to cover the older folks who paid into it.

What?

It's "just" a tax.

It's amazing the amount of people on a generally conservative web site that can turn into real wealth redistribution fans when it impacts them.  

This is exactly why nothing ever changes.  You can have what seems like a sizable portion of the population that is for conservative fiscal policies.......right up until the point where they are the one who will be taking a screwing.

The nasty truth of the matter is, we are never going to get out of the proverbial "fiscal hole" we have slid into as a country without causing some pain for quite a few people.  

Most of these people, no matter what they say on a day to day basis, would rather the can be kicked down the road a little farther before they'd be OK with feeling a little pain themselves, even if that pain wouldn't really effect them negatively in the grand scheme of things.  

They want their fair share!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Want our share?...We paid it....you did not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. In before the old farts who want their share.

Want our share?...We paid it....you did not...

Exactly, just kick that can down the road a little farther, just far enough so it doesn't effect you.  Hmmmmm, sounds suspiciously like the thinking of a whole bunch of people in DC.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#45]
why not, it's not like we're going to see it anyway, or if we do it will be worth anything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's right, you were stolen from, so that makes it right that we should be stolen from to pay for you.  Makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes, I would still come out ahead.
View Quote

Same here.  I have only worked making good money for the last 12 years or so but I would be happy to give it up and put more into my Roth and 401K.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Social security is not a Ponzi scheme because it's backed by the power of the government. Therefore, it can't go bankrupt unless the political system allows it to go bankrupt.
View Quote

Which in translation means "steals more money from the working public."  Self proclaimed "Marxist" of Arfcom, at it again.  

Sorry but this is a conversation for intelligent people.  I'm pretty sure you don't fall into that category.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, my[s] Dad[/s] I paid a LOT of money into SS and deserves to recoup at least some of that.  It's a bad program but just canceling the whole thing benefits the young guys by screwing the old guys.  We (woefully) got into this mess as a nation and I'd rather see us get out as a nation.

It doesn't "benefit" the young guys, it stops screwing the young guys.  The people who benefited from your payments were your parents generation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
3 yrs from retirement
I want my money
View Quote

Yeah, kick that can down the road baby!
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top