BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We need harsher penalties for falsely accusing people of crimes which ruin their lives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's good to see that we all still believe in "innocent until proven guilty".

This.

I've seen kids that have gone to shit even after a good upbringing finger their dad for abuse because he grounded her from her phone only to "forget what happened" when it hit criminal after family court.

Find him guilty, charge him for the crime. Find him innocent, and he'll still be stuck with a lifetime of repercussion from this event.

We need harsher penalties for falsely accusing people of crimes which ruin their lives.

These penalties should be the harshest known to man in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I've seen kids that have gone to shit even after a good upbringing finger their dad for abuse because he grounded her from her phone only to "forget what happened" when it hit criminal after family court.

Find him guilty, charge him for the crime. Find him innocent, and he'll still be stuck with a lifetime of repercussion from this event.

You should serve whatever sentence your lies would cause to fall on the other person.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

A couple months later it comes out that the wife is nuts and coached/made it all up.  That part of the story pretty much drew cricket noises here.

View Quote

Yep.

My sister worked at a group home and one of the male counselors she worked with was accused of raping two teenage girls.  They ran the poor bastards face on the evening news and in the news paper. Pretty much ruined his life.  Turns out one of the two girls that accused him had previously attempted the same thing against her father, but this time she got one of the other girls to help her out. A month or so later all charges were dropped.

The real shit part about the whole story is that the local paper and tv stations never ran a follow up to let people know that the charges were dropped and the whole story was made up.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
there was a case from the 70s where some rape counselors said that people that operated a christian daycare were raping all the children and all the families were participating in it. after years of legal procedures it turned out the counselors made the whole mess up. ruined people's lives for no damn reason.

opps, it was from the 80's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

View Quote

That entire case was a complete circus. Allegations were made that there were tunnels beneath the McMartin school, that satanic rituals were practiced, that McMartin's son (who worked for her at the school) didn't wear underwear (big deal, right?).. the list goes on and on. NONE of these allegations were found to be true! Not one! And yet the family was financially ruined by Judy Johnson, who committed suicide before it was all over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They were too busy trying to burn someone else at the stake that day.  A lot of stories suddenly disappear around here when it turns out not meet the narrative the crowd has in it's head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although it is not always true but generally children are truthful with things such as this.
Again not always but I am generally inclined to believe the child.

Children are often manipulated by adults to say what they think the adults want them to say.
I am generally inclined to trust no one.

There is wisdom in this.

Exempli gratia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Edington

Guy crawls into his neighbors house and stabs him because the wife said the 2-year old daughter claimed the neighbor molested her.  When the first part of the story came out, the Arfcom pitchfork-and-torch brigade
were fapping all over themselves with "good stab", "he needs a medal", "not a day in jail if I'm on the jury", etc.

A couple months later it comes out that the wife is nuts and coached/made it all up.  That part of the story pretty much drew cricket noises here.  

They were too busy trying to burn someone else at the stake that day.  A lot of stories suddenly disappear around here when it turns out not meet the narrative the crowd has in it's head.

..exactly as what happens when the liberal news media loses interest in an innocent person and changes its focus elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:Op i dont know why youre so nervous.

You arent 11 years old, you have nothing to worry about.
View Quote

Considering that pretty much anyone is a potential risk, the above is pretty ridiculous. You're dealing with someone here that may have seeeerious mental issues and neither knows right from wrong nor seems to be deterred by laws. But don't worry, he's no threat because you're 12 or older?  makes sense.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining a heightened sense of alertness until this guy gets taken to be Bubba's bitch. If the guy turns out to be innocent, it's not like you watching your own back in the meantime is going to harm anyone or cost anything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Although it is not always true but generally children are truthful with things such as this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's an accurate statement at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got to be kidding.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
a guy I know had his daughter say this...he lost all of his business relationship's and contracts (handyman).  

turns out that the daughter made it all up...

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Children, by definition, have no knowledge of sexual acts. If they are telling of a sexual act or acts, they have either been coached or have actually experienced what they are describing.

Research indicates that the vast majority of accusations by children of adults molesting them are true. Go and read about this topic yourself.

In many cases of incest, at least one other adult family member knows about it and keeps her/his mouth shut. It's codependence at its absolute worst. So many stories of mothers telling their daughters that they're lying about Daddy / Uncle Whatsit raping them, or telling them they deserved it & to never speak of it again. I wouldn't believe it, but it happened to my mother and then to me. And it seems like the perpetrator in so many cases is a pillar of the community. My molester was a highway patrol officer, for example. Who would believe that someone in a position of authority, whether legal or moral, is capable of committing such vile acts? It disturbs people to think that they can be so duped, and that the people they trust are actually not trustworthy. Which is why people are reluctant to look down at said pillars of the community as child molesters or rapists or whatever.

In light of the fact that nearly all accusations of child sexual abuse are true, the misogynistic reactions on this thread are simultaneously disturbing, sickening, enraging, and unhealthy. Yes, sometimes children are coached, and everyone remembers the case from the late Eighties with all those children told to lie about things that never happened. But most accusations are true - again, read about it for yourself. So claiming that this man's wife is trying to ruin his life is, to me, indicative of knee-jerk anger rather than statistical knowledge.
View Quote

So because I think the guy should be afforded a fair trail I'm a misogynist?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
there was a case from the 70s where some rape counselors said that people that operated a christian daycare were raping all the children and all the families were participating in it. after years of legal procedures it turned out the counselors made the whole mess up. ruined people's lives for no damn reason.

opps, it was from the 80's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

View Quote

That was quite some case.

Haven't finished reading the thread yet; all I can say is I hope it's not true.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a friend going through similar issues right now.  His fiance let her 15 year old daughter move in after she ran away from granddads house. She started chasing boys and after all was said and done come to find out she was sneaking them in, or sneaking off with them absolutely any chance she got.  Turns out she came up positive for a mild STD and figured it would be better to accuse her step dad of molesting her than admit she had been sleeping around when she was told she had to notify all her partners. Her story had more holes than than one of Eric Holders. Family tried to sort it out before it got out of hand, but when she didn't get the response she wanted  she doubled down on stupid and told her counselor the next day. 12 Hours later she was on a plane to Indiana since mom knew it was bullshit, but figured no matter how you slice it she was better sending her back to live with her dad.   Family spends the next year battling in court since there is 0 evidence but CPS still wants to make his life miserable. Finally after over a year, included getting shit for having a lawyer show up (family friend), the lawyer getting looked at like scum for representing him, CPS finally admits they cannot press any charges since there is 0 evidence but are going to keep the case open anyway "just because"

I say wait until it shakes out.   Then if they are guilty burn them. You never know what is going on at home.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Children, by definition, have no knowledge of sexual acts. If they are telling of a sexual act or acts, they have either been coached or have actually experienced what they are describing.

Research indicates that the vast majority of accusations by children of adults molesting them are true. Go and read about this topic yourself.

In many cases of incest, at least one other adult family member knows about it and keeps her/his mouth shut. It's codependence at its absolute worst. So many stories of mothers telling their daughters that they're lying about Daddy / Uncle Whatsit raping them, or telling them they deserved it & to never speak of it again. I wouldn't believe it, but it happened to my mother and then to me. And it seems like the perpetrator in so many cases is a pillar of the community. My molester was a highway patrol officer, for example. Who would believe that someone in a position of authority, whether legal or moral, is capable of committing such vile acts? It disturbs people to think that they can be so duped, and that the people they trust are actually not trustworthy. Which is why people are reluctant to look down at said pillars of the community as child molesters or rapists or whatever.

In light of the fact that nearly all accusations of child sexual abuse are true, the misogynistic reactions on this thread are simultaneously disturbing, sickening, enraging, and unhealthy. Yes, sometimes children are coached, and everyone remembers the case from the late Eighties with all those children told to lie about things that never happened. But most accusations are true - again, read about it for yourself. So claiming that this man's wife is trying to ruin his life is, to me, indicative of knee-jerk anger rather than statistical knowledge.

There was at least one poster here who said that we should never trust a woman's word. Yes, that was misogynist. It did seem like a lot of guys were quick to assume that someone (likely a woman) lied. But, these things can happen, people do make up stories, and I too am hoping against hope that this guy isn't guilty. Who wouldn't hope that? Hell yes I hope that. So there's some of that going on too—everyone's hoping it's just some bullshit lie that was made up.

It's not misogynist to wait for the evidence to come out, and innocent until proven guilty. The McMartin case looms large in the memories of many. Let's just wait for it to pan out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well at the very least it doesn't seem like you're his kind of victim, so there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gunna have to keep my eyes on the back of my head today. [/span]

Well at the very least it doesn't seem like you're his kind of victim, so there's that.

Yes, be thankful for the small things...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Well OP, whatever you do, make sure you pack heat and make sure you tell him the what for and how to and treat him how you think he should be treated as these days child molesters and those merely accused as one are worthless but still more valuable than some white person accused of saying the word nigger in public.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Children will naturally lie.  They aren't innocent little truth angels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Children are natural born liars.

So if your son or daughter said Uncle Buck fucked them you would believe first that they were lying.

Got it.

Children will naturally lie.  They aren't innocent little truth angels.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]
It's always creepy the first time you deal with someone like that. Everyone wants to think "oh I could totally spot bad people." The truth is oftentimes you can't.

I know the first time I dealt with a murderer I was kinda struck by the thought that if I ran into him in a different manner than doing his mug shot and finger prints I would have never known just by looking at him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow. Some of you astound me. The guy had his prelim and you are all wanting to lynch him before he goes to trial. Something is fucky if he's still allowed to go to work and not be sitting in a cell. No judge in their right mind is going to grant bail and let a guy walk the streets if there's a prima facie case that he raped a bunch of kids.

If the guy is found guilty, burn him alive.

If not, then leave him the hell alone and drop it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There was at least one poster here who said that we should never trust a woman's word. Yes, that was misogynist. It did seem like a lot of guys were quick to assume that someone (likely a woman) lied. But, these things can happen, people do make up stories, and I too am hoping against hope that this guy isn't guilty. Who wouldn't hope that? Hell yes I hope that. So there's some of that going on too—everyone's hoping it's just some bullshit lie that was made up.

It's not misogynist to wait for the evidence to come out, and innocent until proven guilty. The McMartin case looms large in the memories of many. Let's just wait for it to pan out.
View Quote

That was me but you need to get the facts straight.  Here is exactly what I wrote:

"Some women lie. That can extend to kids.

Look up the Duke lacrosse team incident.

Then there is the recent UVA alleged rape that is being reported as fake now.

In both cases, people acted as if the allegations were true and the men guilty.

Lives were destroyed over false accusations by women.

Take this as gospel.

Liberals lie.

Some women lie.

Never assume that a woman's accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law."

I stand by that and any man who does not understand it may be bite by false accusations by women.

Read up on the two cases I mentioned.    You call me a name because you cannot see reality.  Some women lie.  When they do men can be destroyed.

If you do not like the truth, then talk to all your women folk throughout the country and have them never lie about men.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I only looked at the 2nd link, but it looks like he was arrested in 2014 for sex with a 15 year old and then again now for something with a 6 year old.  It's pretty hard to see a scenario where both are a setup, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew a guy that was charged with raping his daughter. He did the right thing and drove to a shopping center parking lot and shot himself in the head.

I only looked at the 2nd link, but it looks like he was arrested in 2014 for sex with a 15 year old and then again now for something with a 6 year old.  It's pretty hard to see a scenario where both are a setup, IMO.

6 year old and a 15 year old? I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Renata, here is another high profile case that you should read that bolsters my sage advice offered already in this thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

"Tawana Glenda Brawley (born 1972) is an African-American woman from Wappingers Falls, New York, who gained notoriety in 1987–88 for falsely accusing six white men of having raped her.

The charges received widespread national attention because of her age (15), the persons accused (including police officers and a prosecuting attorney), and the shocking state in which Brawley was found after the alleged rape (in a trash bag, with racial slurs written on her body and covered in feces). Brawley's accusations were given widespread media attention in part from the involvement of her advisers, including the Reverend Al Sharpton and attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason.[1]

After hearing evidence, a grand jury concluded in October 1988 that Brawley had not been the victim of a forcible sexual assault and that she herself may have created the appearance of such an attack.[2] The New York prosecutor whom Brawley had accused as one of her alleged assailants successfully sued Brawley and her three advisers for defamation."
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I also see in this thread that multiple people are ready to execute the accused based only upon a reported accusation.

See my advice and guess which wise comment this supports.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids routinely lie or get coached into making lies by family services or others. Doesnt mean it didnt happen, doesnt mean it did. For the lynch mob after the guy is convicted otherwise be fair and wait.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That was me but you need to get the facts straight.  Here is exactly what I wrote:

Take this as gospel.

Liberals lie.

Some women lie.

Never assume that a woman's accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law."

I stand by that and any man who does not understand it may be bite by false accusations by women.

Read up on the two cases I mentioned.    You call me a name because you cannot see reality.  Some women lie.  When they do men can be destroyed.

If you do not like the truth, then talk to all your women folk throughout the country and have them never lie about men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take this as gospel.

Liberals lie.

Some women lie.

So I'm going to start saying, "Never assume that a man's (as in MALE) accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law." and see how that goes down here. I'll exclude women from that—only MEN's words cannot be relied upon.

If you want to say you are suspicious of all humankind, then go for it.

If you want to single out women only, and say that you never trust them "until proven to be so in a court of law" then you are a misogynist.

When I said, "There was at least one poster here who said that we should never trust a woman's word." you admit you are saying just that. So I don't know why you're butthurt about it. You think women, and only women, cannot be relied upon to be truthful. Men, on the other hand, can be. Otherwise, you'd add, "Some women lie. Some men lie."

You didn't add that line.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Renata, here is another high profile case that you should read that bolsters my sage advice offered already in this thread:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I could cite some example of men lying about raping women, and say that this means that all men lie about raping women.

Mrs.Leprechaun wrote this before:
So many stories of mothers telling their daughters that they're lying about Daddy / Uncle Whatsit raping them, or telling them they deserved it & to never speak of it again. I wouldn't believe it, but it happened to my mother and then to me. And it seems like the perpetrator in so many cases is a pillar of the community. My molester was a highway patrol officer, for example. Who would believe that someone in a position of authority, whether legal or moral, is capable of committing such vile acts?

Well, we must assume she's lying about this! Obviously! She's a woman, after all.  

Maybe if a man backs her up and verifies that she's not lying, can it be thought to be the truth. Because he's a man! That makes all the difference!

Look, I don't think anyone should be able to ruin someone else's life, and just relying on someone's word only is scary. But this is going to work for both men and women. Not just women.

You single out only women. As if men are angels who would never lie. What a load of misogynist crap that is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That's odd then.

IF there were any basis for the claims my wife would be more likely to murder me than pack my lunch. Accusing is very easy though, be careful not to get ahead of yourself.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he in the middle of a divorce?
Not that I am aware of. I have met his wife numerous times. I know she was still packing his lunch as of the other day  

That's odd then.

IF there were any basis for the claims my wife would be more likely to murder me than pack my lunch. Accusing is very easy though, be careful not to get ahead of yourself.

Yep.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So I'm going to start saying, "Never assume that a man's (as in MALE) accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law." and see how that goes down here. I'll exclude women from that—only MEN's words cannot be relied upon.

If you want to say you are suspicious of all humankind, then go for it.

If you want to single out women only, and say that you never trust them "until proven to be so in a court of law" then you are a misogynist.

When I said, "There was at least one poster here who said that we should never trust a woman's word." you admit you are saying just that. So I don't know why you're butthurt about it. You think women, and only women, cannot be relied upon to be truthful. Men, on the other hand, can be. Otherwise, you'd add, "Some women lie. Some men lie."

You didn't add that line.

View Quote

I did not add that line because I do not need to.  Show me the high profile cases where a man alleges that a woman rapes him and she is automatically assumed to be guilty.

The issue is that some women make false accusations about men and society often automatically assume that the woman is truthful and the guy is guilty when the accusation later turns out to be a lie.

You cannot ignore that truth.   I have provided examples.

Do you like using the term "misogynist?"    Do you expect me to roll over in fear like when black race-baiting racists use the race card?  That won't happen because I am right and I won't roll over and quiver in fear over your use of that term.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I could cite some example of men lying about raping women, and say that this means that all men lie about raping women.

Well, we must assume she's lying about this! Obviously! She's a woman, after all.  

Maybe if a man backs her up and verifies that she's not lying, can it be thought to be the truth. Because he's a man! That makes all the difference!

Look, I don't think anyone should be able to ruin someone else's life, and just relying on someone's word only is scary. But this is going to work for both men and women. Not just women.

You single out only women. As if men are angels who would never lie. What a load of misogynist crap that is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So many stories of mothers telling their daughters that they're lying about Daddy / Uncle Whatsit raping them, or telling them they deserved it & to never speak of it again. I wouldn't believe it, but it happened to my mother and then to me. And it seems like the perpetrator in so many cases is a pillar of the community. My molester was a highway patrol officer, for example. Who would believe that someone in a position of authority, whether legal or moral, is capable of committing such vile acts?

See my previous response.  That applies to this comment as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow. Some of you astound me. The guy had his prelim and you are all wanting to lynch him before he goes to trial. Something is fucky if he's still allowed to go to work and not be sitting in a cell. No judge in their right mind is going to grant bail and let a guy walk the streets if there's a prima facie case that he raped a bunch of kids.

If the guy is found guilty, burn him alive.

If not, then leave him the hell alone and drop it.
View Quote

The 15 YO reporting victim refused a rape evidence kit being used by medical personnel.

From the link also: Detective Corrine Orchowski testified that the girl's ear was red when she was interviewed on the day of the alleged attack.

I haven't read what evidence they may have from the 6 YO.
No dog in the fight, just saying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I did not add that line because I do not need to.  Show me the high profile cases where a man alleges that a woman rapes him and she is automatically assumed to be guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Female on male rape is not as common.

And I thought you were talking about how women should be presumed to be lying, all the time, when they make an accusation. Not that the "public" assumes that the man is guilty.

There is a double standard in the courts, and in society, when it comes to male on female rape, compared to female on male rape. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about your claim that women should always be presumed to be lying.

And I might add, part of the double standard in rape (male-female vs female-male) is perpetuated here on GD, with the plentiful "Guilty Not Guilty" statutory rape threads where many men will laugh at a young boy who is raped by an older woman and say he must be gay for protesting or reporting it.

A few high profile examples of women lying means that all women lie?

We've already gone through this in previous rape threads. Some men claim that most rape claims are the result of women lying. But the statistics don't bear that out. We've had exhaustive discussions of this in the past. Each and every time, a lot of guys come forward with claims that most (some say 80%-90%) of rape claims are bogus. But there's no substantial documentation (that's not skewed) to back that up. But, if you want to go through all of that exhausting crap all over again, go for it. I don't believe it. Based on what I read on previous threads, the numbers are not nearly that high.

But just so it's clear, I don't advocate ruining someone's life just based on someone's say-so. Each and every rape case should be "innocent until proven guilty." To do otherwise is unacceptable. And society should stop going on witch hunts before all the facts are in. But to assume that each and every female must be lying, right from the git-go, sounds a little too Talibanish to me.

Do you like using the term "misogynist?"    Do you expect me to roll over in fear like when black race-baiting racists use the race card?  That won't happen because I am right and I won't roll over and quiver in fear over your use of that term.

Are you kidding?  This is GD, where you guys all try to out-douchebag each other with your multitude of "all women are gold-digging whores" threads, and "if it weren't for the fact that they have vaginas, women would be hunted for sport" hyperbole. You fit right in here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Personally - I think serving the time, their falsely accused was facing - would be poetic justic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And I thought you were talking about how women should be presumed to be lying, all the time, when they make an accusation. Not that the "public" assumes that the man is guilty.

There is a double standard in the courts, and in society, when it comes to male on female rape, compared to female on male rape. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about your claim that women should always be presumed to be lying.

And I might add, part of the double standard in rape (male-female vs female-male) is perpetuated here on GD, with the plentiful "Guilty Not Guilty" statutory rape threads where many men will laugh at a young boy who is raped by an older woman and say he must be gay for protesting or reporting it.

We've already gone through this in previous rape threads. Some men claim that most rape claims are the result of women lying. But the statistics don't bear that out. We've had exhaustive discussions of this in the past. Each and every time, a lot of guys come forward with claims that most (some say 80%-90%) of rape claims are bogus. But there's no substantial documentation (that's not skewed) to back that up. But, if you want to go through all of that exhausting crap all over again, go for it. I don't believe it. Based on what I read on previous threads, the numbers are not nearly that high.

But just so it's clear, I don't advocate ruining someone's life just based on someone's say-so. Each and every rape case should be "innocent until proven guilty." To do otherwise is unacceptable. And society should stop going on witch hunts before all the facts are in. But to assume that each and every female must be lying, right from the git-go, sounds a little too Talibanish to me.

Are you kidding?  This is GD, where you guys all try to out-douchebag each other with your multitude of "all women are gold-digging whores" threads, and "if it weren't for the fact that they have vaginas, women would be hunted for sport" hyperbole. You fit right in here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1)  women should be presumed to be lying, all the time, when they make an accusation..   I never said that Renata. Geez, if you are going to go Betty Friedan on us, at least get my comment correct.

Here it is:  "Never assume that a woman's accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law."    

That is not the same as assuming that all women are automatically lying.

2)   We're talking about your claim that women should always be presumed to be lying.

See response on point #1

3)   Each and every rape case should be "innocent until proven guilty." .    

I agree but that is not reality.  The man is often assumed guilty based only upon the allegation....which has been proven to be a false allegation in the cases I presented.  I will guess that false allegations happen with regularity.

4)   But to assume that each and every female must be lying, right from the git-go, sounds a little too Talibanish to me.

See response on point #1

5)    You fit right in here.

Actually you would be hard-pressed to find me making some of the typical comments that you lament about.  Feel free to find them.  What is troubling in your repeated mischaracterization of my views as documented here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm all for burning kiddy touchers at the stake, but there's always the flip-side.

I knew a girl who got sick of her husband and ran off with their two small girls.
She accused him of molesting the girls, lied to them, trained them on what to say to investigators and basically destroyed the guy's life.
She had her whole family and a lot of other people convinced and ready with the torches and pitchforks.

He was a bit of a douche, but he didn't deserve that.

Last I heard, after several years of fighting for custody, it's all sorted out.

View Quote

What really pisses me off about this kind of thing is that the woman NEVER gets charged with lying to Police.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#36]
OP should leave little notes around the office telling his boss to take the easy way out and jump in front of a train.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Herein lies the problem.  When a man is accused of rape, the media jumps all over it like hyenas, this can have the effect of ruining the life of the accused, with no due process.   Should be sealed until a verdict is reached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Herein lies the problem.  When a man is accused of rape, the media jumps all over it like hyenas, this can have the effect of ruining the life of the accused, with no due process.   Should be sealed until a verdict is reached.

AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM. That is completely unacceptable. That is where the true problem lies.

Sealing the case until the verdict is reached sounds like a good plan.

Likewise, if it is found that an accuser (male or female) made up the story for attention, that accuser should be given the maximum penalty that the accused would have gotten, should he have been found guilty.  

I agree that there should be a stiff penalty. Otherwise, what is the deterrent?

Though I have heard it argued, that if legitimate victims know that if they are believed to be lying, that they could face stiff jail time, this will scare them away from even coming forward. Many rape victims don't come forward as it is, because the nature of the whole process is so miserable, and then to add this extra layer of fear?

It's a Catch-22. Certainly it's completely unacceptable for false accusers to get off scot free. False rape accusations are not a joke. They are not trivial. Like this fairly recent story of a man who lost 5 years of his life (and a promising football career) due to a false rape accusation, and what is done to the accuser? Not much. I hope the man is able to recover from all of that, but stories like that enrage me, as they do any decent person.

Something must be corrected in the system so that false accusers can be properly punished, but at the same time, legitimate rape victims are not further scared away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]
If he does attack the office, throw him off by pointing away and saying, "oh look, an unsupervised six year old."

You'll gain a few seconds to draw.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Well OP, whatever you do, make sure you pack heat and make sure you tell him the what for and how to and treat him how you think he should be treated as these days child molesters and those merely accused as one are worthless but still more valuable than some white person accused of saying the word nigger in public.

View Quote
Can you be arrested for that?  Well, Shit.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here it is:  "Never assume that a woman's accusations are truth until proven to be so in a court of law."    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You single out women, as if women are unique in this regard. The police should never assume every accusation, of whatever crime, is the truth. Nor should they assume it is a lie. No matter who is making the accusation, male or female, young or old. Is that such an unacceptable thing to say?

2)   We're talking about your claim that women should always be presumed to be lying.

What, then? "I never assume women tell the truth." as if that sounds better? It really doesn't.

No one should take a person's word as truth or a lie automatically from the start, when they are accusing another person of a crime. You wait for the facts to come in. To single out women, and women only, and say that they (only) should not be assumed to be telling the truth (but a man in the same position, it's okay to assume he's telling the truth?). If you don't mean that, why word it that way?

I agree but that is not reality.  The man is often assumed guilty based only upon the allegation

And that is the problem. That society "assumes" a man guilty. Society has much to answer to when they make each rape case a witch hunt, before the information and facts are out there.

"Never assume women are telling the truth" (paraphrased) fits in well here, and you're the one that said it this time. I don't take time to explore everyone's posting history, but when they write something like that, then hey, they fit right in. That is all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was also wondering this.  An old neighbor of mine was falsely accused by his about-to-be ex-wife and step daughter.  The daughter eventually admitted she lied under coercion from her mother.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Not that I am aware of. I have met his wife numerous times. I know she was still packing his lunch as of the other day  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's adding arsenic to his turkey sammiches.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Personally - I think serving the time, their falsely accused was facing - would be poetic justic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

What about this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Gilchrist

She flat out lied and manufactured DNA evidence, her testimony was part of what sent 11 men to be executed. One man even spent 15 years in prison despite a clean record and solid alibi due to the "evidence" that only she was able to obtain. No charges were filed. She is a black female democrat so she's almost untouchable (can't be raaaaaacist) and actually filed a 20 million dollar wrongful termination lawsuit after she was fired. The lawsuit was dismissed at least.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Y'all are a bunch of misogynists.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"Charged" is not the same as "convicted".

On the other hand, if found guilty, hang a used tire around his neck and light it.
View Quote

This post have been first
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Charged" is not the same as "convicted".

On the other hand, if found guilty, hang a used tire around his neck and light it.

It have?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Tag for out come
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's genius, forget innocent until proven guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will figure it out real quick everyone knows and leave. He may even get hit by dump truck on the way home...

That's genius, forget innocent until proven guilty.

No shit.  If you have ever been falsely accused of a serious crime it is absolutely terrifying.  Way back in HS I was driving to a friends and passed by this chick on the way.  She waved and yelled "Hey" or something.  She was super skanky and I paid no attention.  Next thing I knew, police pulled up at my friends, I was detained and told this girl had called the cops and said I swerved up on the sidewalk and tried to hit her!  I'm like WTF she is crazy (and she was there spilling a continuous stream of expletives and foaming at the mouth and pointing at me...  One of those random chicks who look like they need a bath.)  I'm talking to the cop and asking what is the deal and he said that if she is telling the truth it's attempted murder!  Yeah.  That can rock a 17 year olds world.  Anyway, they went back and couldn't find tire tracks and the skanks story broke down a bit so they cut me loose.  I asked the cops, "What about her?  She just falsely accused me!  Can't you arrest her?"  And they said something like, "Be thankful this is as far as it got."  And I was a good kid mostly.  But a false accusation can really change things quickly.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top