Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dont care. Keep it away from my kids if you want to keep it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Photography isn't a crime.

But destruction of property is...

So is stalking and harassment. I've been told.....

"No laws have been broken"

Welp, I hope you have the cash reserves for a lawyer and for paying to replace it when I win my suit against you.  Oh, and for my lawyer as well.  Definitely going to get the cost of my lawyer added to the judgment.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

End up with a criminal charge, lose your guns.

Smart.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
In before the accidental discharge idiots.

Too late.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So many ways to bring that drone down legally.

They are not cheap, creeper would have to find another job to keep up with his creeper hobby.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are not cheap, creeper would have to find another job to keep up with his creeper hobby.
View Quote

What legal ways?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the range on those pneumatic net guns?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All this bravado and anti-law rhetoric under the guise of protecting children. If people with these views vote R and think that's conservatism, I hope your party drowns in a shallow bathtub and takes their constituents with it.

Advocating beating a man, who was accused by the news media of doing something totally legal, if anything questionable happens to a child in the area? Lol... seriously, reading this thread has turned me from a staunch supporter of conservative viewpoints. appeal to emotion and advocate unlawful behavior because someone does something you dont agree with? You're all a bunch of fucking tyrants.
View Quote

This thread has altered your viewpoints!?

That aside, if you do something that suggests you are targeting my children, my actions will be whatever I think is required to protect them, and your safety and wellbeing will be low on my list of priorities.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In before those who will defend this as vociferously as the guy standing naked in his door way every time children pass by.  
View Quote

I just wonder if he was following his own kid/kids.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What legal ways?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

Accidental air crash is accidental.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before those who will defend this as vociferously as the guy standing naked in his door way every time children pass by.  

I figured that was what the thread was about when I clicked on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

It's not an accident, though. It's deliberate.  You might be able to convince others that it was an accident, but that doesn't mean it was legal. It just means you didn't get caught.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you know that most of them probably don't have cameras?

The camera equipment can cost more than the rest of the setup, combined.

A guy at work has a bunch of them.  None with cameras, because he hasn't been able to squeeze the video gear into his budget.

Think in terms of building a few ARs, then thinking about buying NV for it, or a nice Leupold scope.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My ex-wife worked at a public library branch, that was down the street from a private school.  A bunch of the kids would walk to the library and 'hang out' until their parents got off work and picked them up.  Same thing happened at the previous library branch she worked at, except that one was near a public school.

At the branch near the private school, they had a weird guy that always wore sweatpants.  He would come into the library and sit at a table, with his hands in his lap.  If he thought nobody was looking, he would fondle himself, while watching the school kids.  The branch had a couple of high school girls that worked there, part-time, shelving books.  One of them turned around to find the guy staring at her, his hands under the table, and obviously quite busy with his hands.

He was reported, several times.

No arrests.

He never exposed himself, and never touched anybody, so there wasn't anything the cops could do about it.  The library couldn't even toss him out, because it was public property and they had no proof of him even violating library rules.

And people are getting worked up over what they think some guy is up to, while he's flying an RC toy around the neighborhood?

As I frequently tell my daughter, when she asks why people do something that is obviously completely illogical, "people are stupid".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so following this, i guess the rc fanboys would be ok with someone following their kids around in a van taking pictures of them.  right?

My ex-wife worked at a public library branch, that was down the street from a private school.  A bunch of the kids would walk to the library and 'hang out' until their parents got off work and picked them up.  Same thing happened at the previous library branch she worked at, except that one was near a public school.

At the branch near the private school, they had a weird guy that always wore sweatpants.  He would come into the library and sit at a table, with his hands in his lap.  If he thought nobody was looking, he would fondle himself, while watching the school kids.  The branch had a couple of high school girls that worked there, part-time, shelving books.  One of them turned around to find the guy staring at her, his hands under the table, and obviously quite busy with his hands.

No arrests.

He never exposed himself, and never touched anybody, so there wasn't anything the cops could do about it.  The library couldn't even toss him out, because it was public property and they had no proof of him even violating library rules.

And people are getting worked up over what they think some guy is up to, while he's flying an RC toy around the neighborhood?

As I frequently tell my daughter, when she asks why people do something that is obviously completely illogical, "people are stupid".

I'm not stupid, and I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that means he has to internet rage and then shoot himself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What legal ways?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Smart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart.

Nonsense, misdemeanor at best.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9WY3CKxnUP0YrbXWYM3vqhe4TWi8j7Re1-dbM_1K_rnyYuBZ6

I have no idea how a falcon would respond to a copter.  That... that might actually work...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's not an accident, though. It's deliberate.  You might be able to convince others that it was an accident, but that doesn't mean it was legal. It just means you didn't get caught.
View Quote

It's only illegal if you are convicted.

Some of the best legal advice on this site was that it's legal to drive around with a dead hooker in your trunck as long and your car lights work properly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some of the best legal advice on this site was that it's legal to drive around with a dead hooker in your trunck as long and your car lights work properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

Actually it's not illegal UNLESS you get caught.  Otherwise, you were never there..
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Being a creep ain't illegal.
View Quote

But it should hurt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It sure is a huge red flag for those with children though.  Note he isn't just some guy flying his toy around.  He's specifically using it to FOLLOW CHILDREN HOME.  

If his thought processes view that as acceptable, then he is fucked in the head.  Illegal or not, he's fucked up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Being a creep ain't illegal.

It sure is a huge red flag for those with children though.  Note he isn't just some guy flying his toy around.  He's specifically using it to FOLLOW CHILDREN HOME.  

If his thought processes view that as acceptable, then he is fucked in the head.  Illegal or not, he's fucked up.  
Good thing everyone now knows he's a creep.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'LL NEED THAT IN WRITING, NOTARIZED, PLEASE.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did you know that most of them probably don't have cameras?

The camera equipment can cost more than the rest of the setup, combined.

A guy at work has a bunch of them.  None with cameras, because he hasn't been able to squeeze the video gear into his budget.

Think in terms of building a few ARs, then thinking about buying NV for it, or a nice Leupold scope.
View Quote

If there is no camera then it serves no purpose in tracking kids, except as a goof.

I imagine someone is flying a camera drone over their neighborhood just to make sure the local ladies are not doing any nude sunbathing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nonsense, misdemeanor at best.
View Quote

Know how much those things go for with cameras? Plus, the unlawful use of a firearm...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so following this, i guess the rc fanboys would be ok with someone following their kids around in a van taking pictures of them.  right?

No arrests.

Metro Nashville Public Library at Thompson Lane and Nolensville Road.  The private school is maybe a block east of the library, on Thompson Lane.  The library is sitting in the corner of a city park, and at that time (late 1990s) the park was apparently disputed territory between a black gang and a Hispanic gang.  Seems to be all Hispanic, now (Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was just up Nolensville Road, a couple blocks, last time I was through there).
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The poster I got that from was an LAPD cop. IIRC his wife was a cop as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Due to the potential issues putting weapons on an RC, I like the kamikaze plane idea. A guy at work into RC planes says you can build one thats basically a silhouette of a plane for a few bucks.   crash one into creep's more expensive quad and you are winning the quantity over quality war.

better yet what if you had  quad with a tear away dangling ribbon to tangle his rotors.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have no idea how a falcon would respond to a copter.  That... that might actually work...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What legal ways?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9WY3CKxnUP0YrbXWYM3vqhe4TWi8j7Re1-dbM_1K_rnyYuBZ6

I've had a redtail hawk go after a delta that I was flying.  It had a geared motor setup, with a large prop, and I couldn't get it to do a decent loop, due to the torque from the prop.  Kept doing awful looking loops (kind of a sideways spiral), and the hawk started heading straight for it.  I stopped doing loops, and started flying in a level, gradual turn, and the hawk turned around and went back to it's tree on the hillside.

It must have thought my delta was injured (easy prey), because it was flying funny.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is what a lot of guys are starting to move to from standard quads. Mini FPV Shredding. Lots of power in a mini quad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPoON_k2xY
View Quote

So I think I want one of those now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Metro Nashville Public Library at Thompson Lane and Nolensville Road.  The private school is maybe a block east of the library, on Thompson Lane.  The library is sitting in the corner of a city park, and at that time (late 1990s) the park was apparently disputed territory between a black gang and a Hispanic gang.  Seems to be all Hispanic, now (Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was just up Nolensville Road, a couple blocks, last time I was through there).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No arrests.

I'll just go hop in my time machine then...

but ok some dude is jacking it in the library while staring at your daughter.  by your reasoning, you'd be stupid to be angry about it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah right.

But shooting it down is an idea I would entertain if being harrased by an rc camera
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might be perfectly legal. Don't care.

Dude would end up tied to a tree 50 miles from the nearest town, and covered in Molasses.

Yeah right.

But shooting it down is an idea I would entertain if being harrased by an rc camera

Don't even shoot it down crash another drone into it then go throw it in a dumpster.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Due to the potential issues putting weapons on an RC, I like the kamikaze plane idea. A guy at work into RC planes says you can build one thats basically a silhouette of a plane for a few bucks.   crash one into creep's more expensive quad and you are winning the quantity over quality war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bluecor flying wings perform much better in that role, and if properly reinforced, they can take quite a few hits and come away with nothing worse than some scratches.  Of the flying wings, I like the Zagnuts.  It's also fun to fly a Pibros delta against a bunch of people (an every man for himself combat) flying Zagnuts, but I did crazy stuff like move the CG back a lot farther than it was supposed to be, and had control throws set up for close to 60 degrees up and around 45 degrees down (if I took my eyes off of it for a second, it would spin into the ground).  Our rules were simple: you hit the ground, you lose.  Sometimes you had to hit somebody several times, to knock them out of the air.  The guy that cut foam cores for a Meganuts (six and a half foot wingspan Zagnuts), then added OAK spars to the damn thing, and powered it with a Jetii Phasor and 10 cell NiCad pack, was nearly impossible to knock out of the air.

better yet what if you had  quad with a tear away dangling ribbon to tangle his rotors.

That's old school RC combat.  We tried that with the electrics, but in the days of NiCad packs and speed 400 brushed motors, the planes could barely fly while pulling the ribbons.

...which led us to full contact combat, and building the planes to survive midair collisions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a company selling an "Anti-Drone".  They market it towards police and celebrities.  

It has 12  cameras and will chase a drone, fly over it, and drop fishing line in the rotors.
http://www.popsci.com/rapere-anti-drone-interceptor
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

but ok some dude is jacking it in the library while staring at your daughter.  by your reasoning, you'd be stupid to be angry about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No arrests.

I was asked to help keep an eye on him, and report anything that I saw, that went beyond what they could already prove.  We only had one car, so I picked the (now)ex-wife up when she got off work.  I usually showed up a half hour or more early, so I had some time.  When they asked me to keep an eye on him, I was warned to not do anything other than observe, since doing anything would make me something other than a witness, if the police were called.

The guy had SEVERE issues with interacting with other people, and may have been mildly mentally retarded.  I watched him dry hump his car door, before he unlocked the door and got in the car.  

He never exposed himself (that I saw), but he frequently had one or both of his hands down the front of his sweatpants.

I reported everything that I observed, to the manager of the library branch.  They never had enough to file any charges, because he never talked to anybody, never touched anybody, and never exposed himself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
There is a company selling an "Anti-Drone".  They market it towards police and celebrities.  

It has 12  cameras and will chase a drone, fly over it, and drop fishing line in the rotors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell no, Snips' lawyers will hear about this! That's ILLEEEEGUL

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Destruction of property? You bet I'm going to try and collect from you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

...which led us to full contact combat, and building the planes to survive midair collisions.

View Quote
I just had a small build party at my house, cutting out prop-in-the-slot F-22 airframes for full-contact combat

Airframes are about $2 each, plus the price of a carbon rod (or bamboo skewers) for the wing and whatever hot glue you use. Reliable power combo is about $40, $6 servos, cheap pushrods, $8 lipo and a $9 receiver.

I used to sell them receiver-ready for about $75 just to get people into it. When you have 6-8 of them going at it, it's absolute hilarity. The airframes are made of Dollar Tree foamboard, and the design will keep flying with half a wing gone (I've done it many times). After that round is over, chop a roughly equal amount off of the opposite wing and do it again.

It's rare to damage the rest of the equipment but we've had a couple of flukes. I dead centered a friend from the top at full throttle and shattered his ESC, which caught on fire. Then his plane caught the field on fire

ETA: Here's a few Raptors I built

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just had a small build party at my house, cutting out prop-in-the-slot F-22 airframes for full-contact combat

Airframes are about $2 each, plus the price of a carbon rod (or bamboo skewers) for the wing and whatever hot glue you use. Reliable power combo is about $40, $6 servos, cheap pushrods, $8 lipo and a $9 receiver.

I used to sell them receiver-ready for about $75 just to get people into it. When you have 6-8 of them going at it, it's absolute hilarity. The airframes are made of Dollar Tree foamboard, and the design will keep flying with half a wing gone (I've done it many times). After that round is over, chop a roughly equal amount off of the opposite wing and do it again.

It's rare to damage the rest of the equipment but we've had a couple of flukes. I dead centered a friend from the top at full throttle and shattered his ESC, which caught on fire. Then his plane caught the field on fire

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around the summer of 2000, a couple of the avionics techs got a few of us mechanics interested in RC.  Sky Scooters had just come out, and they made decent trainers (and could actually do a little combat, after you gained some altitude).  We eventually moved on from the Sky Scooters, to buying Bluecor fanfold foam insulation from Lowes and building from scratch.  If you made a posterboard template for laying out a Zagnuts wing, then clipped the span of the template down to make a 32 inch wingspan (keeping the same chord), it was a hell of a combat plane with a speed 400 and a 7 or 8 cell NiCad.  Cut some strips of foam to put inside the wing (to bump the upper surface up to an airfoil shape), add some fiber reinforced strapping tape as "spar caps", then cover the whole thing with clear packing tape, and you really didn't need any more reinforcement.

Vertical surfaces at the tips, and the elevons, could also be made of Bluecor, and those two components usually turned out to be the weak points of the airframe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I went for a walk in the evening last night and had a drone follow me.

I stopped, pointed at it, and then scratched my ass a little. I am hoping someone puts up a youtube video and it goes viral.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's OK. You'll be in prison eventually. Following kids home using your drone will not be good enough at some point.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#48]
And now I can justify a 10ga Marlin goose gun
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#49]
This is much ado about nothing.

Not exactly a criminal mastermind if he is using some an obnoxious device, that neighbors know is his, to hatch his kidnapping plans.

Sensationalized bullshit.

The kids probably point and wave at it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's OK. You'll be in prison eventually. Following kids home using your drone will not be good enough at some point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since we're making up shit about each other, I'm sure you'll be right there with me.  Your murder rage will get the best of you one day.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top