BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
We're gonna have one hell of a national series going by 2017 if someone picks up that other summer slot.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If we still have people being excluded because of lack of spots after T and SE open in 2016, in 2017 we can invade his place and force him to host CWS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we just have to convice LouisianaRebel to host CWSouth

If we still have people being excluded because of lack of spots after T and SE open in 2016, in 2017 we can invade his place and force him to host CWS.

You know we will.  The wildfire that is CW is spreading.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, snap! In!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we should aim for 1 a month. Go nationwide.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#6]
The only problem I see with one being hosted in Texas is the fact that there will be an unbearable amount of Texans  there.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can probably get somebody to <cough cough> donate a case of 1L .9 and some fistula needles in 14,15, 16, or 17 ga. and a couple of universal IV starter kits. I know a fistula needle is not ideal but it should work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If ice can be provided, and the site isint 14 miles of the road...
I brought 8 liters of normasaline to west and only used one.
Thermoregulation is treatable.
If waivers exist and peeps bring more IV sets, everybody can get one as far as I'm concerned.
We had a DOC, a nurse and my happy ass there; and an O2 tank and a spineboard.

Nobody dethermoregulates on my watch.

Unlike OG, I am only four miles from a hospital.
Unfortunately, however, if you show up with a broken toe you will probably leave with an amputated arm. And hepatitis.

I have an IDPA buddy who flies for Life Flight. I'll tell him to be on hot standby.

I have been a US Army Combat Medic for 12 years, recently retired. I will be bringing my medical gear to be on the safe side. I could set up an aid station if I were feeling rather industrious.

I can probably get somebody to <cough cough> donate a case of 1L .9 and some fistula needles in 14,15, 16, or 17 ga. and a couple of universal IV starter kits. I know a fistula needle is not ideal but it should work.

I have access to IV kits, LR and Saline, so no worries there. I would like to know a rough estimate of the number of attendees and plan accordingly. My EMT-Basic is still valid
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Typically 50-75 runners.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we start a new house rule (perhaps a strong suggestion) that says if you've already qualified top ten in a regional, that you shouldn't enter another regional?  Just to free up the run slots for subsequent events a little more.

Of course, if you haven't qualified, then you're stuck traveling the country and continuing to punish yourself until you do.  Which...  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Typically 50-75 runners.
View Quote

Easy numbers to plan for. If it is ok, I will bring along my med kits and set up a minor care aid station. nothing more serious than motrin and tylenol type shit. Maybe a couple bandaids and wrapping some sprained ankles. I do have a full blown trauma kit for serious trauma for broken bones, and up to GSW's and any other penetrating trauma.

Even if I do not get chosen to compete, I would like to lend a hand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do we start a new house rule (perhaps a strong suggestion) that says if you've already qualified top ten in a regional, that you shouldn't enter another regional?  Just to free up the run slots for subsequent events a little more.

Of course, if you haven't qualified, then you're stuck traveling the country and continuing to punish yourself until you do.  Which...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could simply only count them once, and then move the quals onto the next spot.

If someone wants to run, it would be kinda shitty to punish them for being awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My house would probably end up like this

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I still wish we could do a winter one in Ohio, but last time I floated the idea I got the impression that few would show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I can host a CW midwest in southwest Missouri if/when needed. Hills, ticks, chiggers, heat, and humidity if late summer time period.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Then the championships would have numbers problems again very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  It's inevitable anyway, honestly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I figured top 10's still need to get their place in line with winners being the only ones to exercise their privelege.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know we will.  The wildfire VD that is CW is spreading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know we will.  The wildfire VD that is CW is spreading.

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I figured top 10's still need to get their place in line with winners being the only ones to exercise their privelege.
View Quote

They do...but they are the first to be invited to the Championship at Liberty next year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Can I compete with my Red Rider? Its got a compass in the stock!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They do...but they are the first to be invited to the Championship at Liberty next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was thinking about when there are more than 75 top 10 qualifiers. I would assume it would then be first to post outside of winners privilege.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was thinking about when there are more than 75 top 10 qualifiers. I would assume it would then be first to post outside of winners privilege.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know, you are correct. First "IN" for top tens minus winners. Winners get what winners want.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bring enough chain to make it back out of the swamp, all the way to the dozer, or plan to leave it forever.

This was down the road from me, recently.
Got pretty widespread recognition.

http://s14.postimg.org/dxtrwo4pd/image.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hm.   I'd bring one of my deuces or 5 tons to take that challenge, but it would cost a mortgage payment in diesel to get it there and back.

Bring enough chain to make it back out of the swamp, all the way to the dozer, or plan to leave it forever.

This was down the road from me, recently.
Got pretty widespread recognition.

http://s14.postimg.org/dxtrwo4pd/image.jpg

We must have friends in common. Those popped up on my FB feed a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm Foing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As its their first one, Cola law says they should start out with 50 just to get a feel for running the event.

Next one can be 75.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typically 50-75 runners.

As its their first one, Cola law says they should start out with 50 just to get a feel for running the event.

Next one can be 75.

The Ayatollah hath spoken.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Also this happens a lot for those who try.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=CxlB8WrNcmE
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hm.   I'd bring one of my deuces or 5 tons to take that challenge, but it would cost a mortgage payment in diesel to get it there and back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If ice can be provided, and the site isint 14 miles of the road...

I brought 8 liters of normasaline to west and only used one.

Thermoregulation is treatable.

If waivers exist and peeps bring more IV sets, everybody can get one as far as I'm concerned.

We had a DOC, a nurse and my happy ass there; and an O2 tank and a spineboard.

Nobody dethermoregulates on my watch.

Unlike OG, I am only four miles from a hospital.

Unfortunately, however, if you show up with a broken toe you will probably leave with an amputated arm. And hepatitis.
I might rent a jeep to go through the course.  

My swamp has eaten everything that has tried to traverse it except for one jeep.

Only one.

http://s2.postimg.org/j9oas93hl/image.jpg

So if you rent a jeep... Get comprehensive coverage.

I might be able to help with fuel. I have about 200 gallons stored so far. Would burn it in a late model diesel but a multifuel should be fine.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Goddamn.  After seeing the pic thread from CWW,  I'm WAAYY too soft and squidgy to a: attempt this, b: post any kind of time under 12 hours, and c: be alive, much less ambulatory at the end.  And I need a goddamn magnified optic on my rifle.

I have some work to do by 2016.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Next one can be 75.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typically 50-75 runners.

Next one can be 75.

Yes sir, I am aware.  We have already made that comment to the people that have asked Ytka and myself about CWSE.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Goddamn.  After seeing the pic thread from CWW,  I'm WAAYY too soft and squidgy to a: attempt this, b: post any kind of time under 12 hours, and c: be alive, much less ambulatory at the end.  And I need a goddamn magnified optic on my rifle.

View Quote

You don't know how far you have to go until you get there and try it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait there is a CW in Georgia now?  Isn't that kind of close to Mississippi and Virginia?

And yes I give post 40k to CW
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes sir, I am aware.  We have already made that comment to the people that have asked Ytka and myself about CWSE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typically 50-75 runners.

Next one can be 75.

but im in,, right?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#35]

So...when we gonna open up a CWC (Cola Warrior Center)? Where we make pretty little girly-boys into MEN and drink soda and puke?

We'll make the most Peep Tier 1 Operators "Murica has evar seen.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd bet that we're about a year away from CW having it's own subforum.  Which would suck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So...when we gonna open up a CWC (Cola Warrior Center)? Where we make pretty little girly-boys into MEN and drink soda and puke?

View Quote
Been working on that for a couple of years now. Trails are done and just got some telephone poles to make an obstacle.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The only problem I see with one being hosted in Texas is the fact that there will be an unbearable amount of Texans  there.

View Quote

I've got plans for targets that may make them a bit more bearable.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No swag for these guys.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Wife agreed to bring my body home should I die from Cola toxicity.

100% in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I still wish we could do a winter one in Ohio, but last time I floated the idea I got the impression that few would show.
View Quote

I'd show.   I've got long sleeve shirts and everything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Cola Warrior!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas: It's like a whole other country war.

Don't Emesis on Texas!

Remember the PepsiCo!

I'm sure I'll think of more...

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Cola Warrior!"

+1

In for the lulz.

I guess I am the official new cola warrior tester.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I retire next year.

ETA:
Do you have.
1 CWAR
1 GWAR
2 30 round magazines
2 17 round magazines.
72 ounces of carbonated beverages
500 dollars personal burial money?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]
July/August is going to be brutal.  Feb/March would be so much better.

Either way, OST because this is my neck of the woods.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No swag for these guys.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No swag for these guys.  

This guy.  I like this guy.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
I just got out of the hospital a week ago...everything I had in the gym is gone.  Any endurance I had, is gone.

CWT is my motivation to rehab and recover and come back.

If it's 2015...no way I can compete...2016...I will be ready.  Bring forth the peeps.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
There are a couple Texas guys that I'd like to meet in real life.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wait there is a CW in Georgia now?  Isn't that kind of close to Mississippi and Virginia?

And yes I give post 40k to CW
View Quote

There's going to be one in Georgia in 2016. It's about 7 hours from East and about 10 from Liberty. It splits the distance up pretty well on this side of the country.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#50]
In!

Ready to help
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top