Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:25:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
He done ate the vid, and left an empty white box in its place, like a cheese burger.

ETA: I don't care that he's fat. Cheeseburgers taste good, and a couple of decades of being SF probably fucked up his body enough that regular exercise probably hurts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched it earlier. Worth the five minutes or whatever. Good dude, shows you that one or two gun show seals might have actually been seals.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He done ate the vid, and left an empty white box in its place, like a cheese burger.
View Quote

Larry Vickers gut is full of dirty cheeseburgers.

Oh, and I'm fat, just couldn't resist the reference...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I'm just a fucking retard when it comes to things like technology.

And, as someone who spent eight years in Army combat arms and who failed in his own attempt to join Delta Force, I think Larry's earned every right to let his body relax for awhile, even if it meant he put on some weight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh snap!!

Is this Thursday's "I hate fat people" thread??

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta say for being a larger dude, he's definitely agile.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh snap!!

Is this Thursday's "I hate fat people" thread??

View Quote

Quite the opposite actually. As I said in my edit, I think Larry's earned the right to take easy for a few years, even if it means putting on some weight. If he wakes up in even half the pain I feel in the morning, it's amazing he's even half as active as he is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The guy earned the right to be whatever weight he wants., a few times over.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
He said he was going to answer the question "Why I'm fat".

He never answered the question, LOL!

Here's the answer:  Ate too much, exercised too little.

Nothing but respect for Larry Vickers, but that was an odd video.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I can see it now... the critics will no longer say "he's fat", they will now say:

CROSSFITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta:  Secretly, I'm waiting for Chris Christie to come out with the same video and say the same things about NJ politics.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I enjoy his work.  Anybody that served in an elite unit like he did has nothing to explain to me.  But in the tactical community especially, if you're overweight, you're going to hear about it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#12]
He served his country. He's retired. He can do whatever he wants to do now, be it eat and not exercise too much. He has earned his couch-time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I am kinda fat, and I wake up with pain just about every morning, my body is pretty beat up........I have given the best years of my life to the teeth of America.  Can I have a cookie?

I’m not as fat as that guy though.......but he was a Army Ranger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am kinda fat, and I wake up with pain just about every morning, my body is pretty beat up........I have given the best years of my life to the teeth of America.  Can I have a cookie?
View Quote

Let me ask Michelle Obama.  BRB.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Good video. I understand that Mr. Vickers has made some statements to piss people off, but bitching about his weight is silly.  As others have said, his service and the abuse he endured from that service more than gives him a reason to be overweight.  More power to him for joining a gym and still making an effort.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Like Larry owes people an explanation of why he's fat

I don't get why grown men worry about the weight of other men.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Flame suit on.

He needs to just say "I'm fat because I fucking want to be after a stressful, difficult, and dangerous career in the Army." - any red blooded American, or hell any soldier from around the world, should be able to respect that.

What he ends up sounding like to me in this video is that he doesn't *want* to be fat, but he is because of injuries. Sorry Larry, but if you're physically able (i.e. not in a wheel chair or missing appendages, etc) to participate in crossfire classes, then you are capable of not being fat. If you WANT to be fat because you just don't want to work as hard in your retirement, then own it. Nobody gonna question you on that one, not with your credentials. But what I'm hearing are, ultimately, excuses.

Also, training Crossfit is just about the worst thing that somebody who claims to have injuries and daily pain, can do. You need active therapy and corrective strength training, and a diet. Again, totally understand if he just DOESN'T WANT to do those things because he's retired, had a hell of a career, and wants to relax. But that's not what I take away from what he said and acted like in this video.

Still respect the hell out of the guy for his service though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Larry's earned every right to let his body relax for awhile, even if it meant he put on some weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think Larry's earned every right to let his body relax for awhile, even if it meant he put on some weight.

Yep.  People mocking him are about like someone mocking a retired NFL player who's gotten a gut.  Fuck the haters.  If it's so easy tell us why you didn't.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
TLDW: "I eat too much".
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#21]
It is disgraceful that people would insult a veteran who has given way more to his country than those insulting him

I dont care if he is fat.. he is very knowledgeable
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Printer repairman checking in...

If his weight is literally the only thing people can attack about him, it illustrates more about the person making the attack.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Never make fun of a man who ate away the screams of the men he killed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Larry has put out some better videos lately so maybe he has a point about feedback. Other than that he's full of shit. He could lose that weight solely through diet regardless of his .mil injuries. His injuries may restrict his ability to exercise but he's fat for the same reason I'm fat, lack of discipline.  And he's too young for that line about at least he was in Delta Force when he was young and thin.

I don't particularly care that he's fat, he doesn't claim to be a crossfit trainer.
View Quote

I've eaten a few meals with him and back then (2010-20110ish, he was eating half of what I ate, every time.  I'm 5'11", 200lbs.  I'm not disputing what you're saying but I am throwing it out there that he's not completely without discipline.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]
He doesn't need to make excuses.  Larry, just say, "The LAV loves him some KFC."

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
So he's fat because he isn't dead or crippled
I don't understand
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So he's fat because he isn't dead or crippledI don't understand
View Quote

I don't get it either but I never walked in his shoes. Larry should have said I'm fat and fuck you that's why.

Some people just get fat as they get old. The guy seems pretty active still.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
He's fat because he's getting older and eats too much.

But, who cares? He's got valuable knowledge to pass on. Lots of guys his age are fat. Most don't have his knowledge or experience.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It is disgraceful that people would insult a veteran who has given way more to his country than those insulting him

I dont care if he is fat.. he is very knowledgeable
View Quote

Pretty much how I feel.  He should have just said, "I'm because I've earned it".
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He served his country. He's retired. He can do whatever he wants to do now, be it eat and not exercise too much. He has earned his couch-time.
View Quote

Well said. I have nothing but respect for the dude. He's not some old hunched up pissed off old man.  He puts out good products/info.

L A V out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#33]
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced about crossfit. I fear something terrible has happened."
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He said he was going to answer the question "Why I'm fat".

He never answered the question, LOL!

Here's the answer:  Ate too much, exercised too little.

Nothing but respect for Larry Vickers, but that was an odd video.

View Quote

My favorite part was where he claimed that he let himself get fat because he had stress injuries from service...

And then immediately said he was doing Crossfit.    

I have too many stress and impact injuries.  What do I do for exercise?  Oh yeah, you know that program where people get hurt all the time through stress and impact injuries?  What?  Why is everyone laughing?  

ETA:  I have absolutely no problem with people letting their bodies go after their service.  None at all.  My best man's dad is a prior Marine infantry, and he let himself get fat as hell.    I don't care; that guy's awesome.  I'm sure Larry is cool too.  But Larry's got people editing these videos, and this is the stuff they come up with?  C'mon, it's just funny.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Go larrry!!! Love that motherfucker! If works out a bit more and controls his diet a little bit, the gun community will get to enjoy his talents much longer. That should be his motivation. Good luck to you, if you're reading this Larry.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The guy earned the right to be whatever weight he wants., a few times over.

View Quote

yeah considering what he did for this country, I agree, he can eat whatever he wants.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm a fat out of shape guy, don't get me wrong, but I guarantee Larry Vickers could lose weight solely through diet, I've seen my wife do it twice after two rounds of child birth and she put on a lot of weight  in her first pregnancy.    

I'm not saying Larry is without discipline really, just that if he REALLY applied that discipline to his diet he could lose weight-probably be fucking miserable the whole time too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larry has put out some better videos lately so maybe he has a point about feedback. Other than that he's full of shit. He could lose that weight solely through diet regardless of his .mil injuries. His injuries may restrict his ability to exercise but he's fat for the same reason I'm fat, lack of discipline.  And he's too young for that line about at least he was in Delta Force when he was young and thin.

I don't particularly care that he's fat, he doesn't claim to be a crossfit trainer.

I've eaten a few meals with him and back then (2010-20110ish, he was eating half of what I ate, every time.  I'm 5'11", 200lbs.  I'm not disputing what you're saying but I am throwing it out there that he's not completely without discipline.
I'm a fat out of shape guy, don't get me wrong, but I guarantee Larry Vickers could lose weight solely through diet, I've seen my wife do it twice after two rounds of child birth and she put on a lot of weight  in her first pregnancy.    

I'm not saying Larry is without discipline really, just that if he REALLY applied that discipline to his diet he could lose weight-probably be fucking miserable the whole time too

Diet is 60% of the equation. Sleep and workouts represent the remaining 40%
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Hes is fat,,,

because he never knew about CROSSFIT!

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm fat because I eat too much.  Larry Vickers is also fat because he eats too much.   It's simple
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm fat because I eat too much.  Larry Vickers is also fat because he eats too much.   It's simple
View Quote

I am fat because I drank too much. I win.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a pretty active guy, but I'm fat because fuck dieting.  5'10" 200 and I'm a cheeseburger eatin' fool.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You need the two guys throwing the barbell back and forth  
View All Quotes

and now some good ones because i actually do crossfit as well. lol

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Besides tipping my hat to the message and explanation, it is a nice contrast to see how he responds to his haters (respectful explanation) vs how some other toolbags respond to their haters on YouTube (*cough* Buck Yeager *cough*).
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm not sure I really understand everything he said in that video. I think he just should've said I'm fat because I want to be fat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Also, don't really care that he's fat. That's his choice, and nobody's paying him to be fit anymore.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I gotta say for being a larger dude, he's definitely agile.
View Quote

If you've never been fit, always been fat, agility and exercise is hard.  If you've been fit and especially muscular, you often keep some amount of that muscle and layer fat on it.  Even with numerous injuries, a former athlete who is now fat will probably be able to perform way better than someone who is equally fat but was never fit to begin with.  Because underneath they are still working with somethin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top