Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
ADT pulse w/ cell backup.  Works great and the USAA discount makes it affordable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
DIY install Omni Pro II, Watchlight $9/month monitoring plus web mail notifications (vehicles on driveway, door bell presses, in addition to alarm events) and web cam snap shots/e-mail notifications.
Fire alarm and flooding alarm monitoring lowers my homeowners insurance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

System called Blink coming out in July, not sure if you can wait or not, but you can record to USB at the base.  Unlike the Netgear, this looks to be flash based, so the batteries last one year.  Has instant on, instead of 1 to 2 second delay.  They have yet to say if they are going to provide an outdoor model, but if you put it under some type of overhang, it should be fine.

http://www.blinkforhome.com/index.html
View Quote
This setup has potential.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Smith Thompson

$16.95/mo with cell monitoring, no contract.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

DIY install Omni Pro II, Watchlight $9/month monitoring plus web mail notifications (vehicles on driveway, door bell presses, in addition to alarm events) and web cam snap shots/e-mail notifications.

Fire alarm and flooding alarm monitoring lowers my homeowners insurance.
View Quote
Watchlight also, good setup there.  I like the doorbell idea.  Most casings begin with that 99 percent of the time I bet.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you looked at any local monitoring companies?
View Quote

This. $30 a month here. I wouldn't trade my system for anything. We set it when we leave and every night when we go to bed and it's nice knowing that we won't wake up with someone standing over our bed. If the alarm goes off I've got precious time to gather my senses and arm myself. The couple times its went off accidentally a sheriffs deputy still came out for a welfare check even after we said it was a false alarm and I'm okay with that.

I have the same system at my business and it allows me to see who's coming and going and at what times. Nice.

Cameras are good too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DIY Vista20P with an Envisalink board.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ADT pulse w/ cell backup.  Works great and the USAA discount makes it affordable.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Hard wired  (old school - not RC) security system at every fucking door and window. One dog over 130lbs.  Two dogs over 60lbs.  Trusted neighbors. (no "we president" neighbors). Secured cameras on long loop CDROM. Stay at home Mom.  2K plus pound safe.  And sad or not, depending upon your disposition, we never go on vacation away from the house. Yea, we are fairly secure.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think they're basically worthless.  If I lived in a rural area, I think they'd be entirely worthless.
View Quote

FPNI.

I live in a rural area. All my cars have the keys hanging in them, my doors are unlocked. My barns are unlocked.

My 2 dogs are my early warning system. Then it's on me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Same thing I told the guy in khakis and blue shirt that came to my door the other day.  Do I look like the kind of guy that answers unsolicited questions about my home security system?  I have a business card and I don't see any system.  As I'm shutting the door, "I can do it cheaper"
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Years ago I used aerial surveillance.
My house was on the approach path to NAS Jax.
We were coming in and I looked down at my house, saw a truck in the driveway and a guy in the back yard.
As soon as we landed I called the Sherriff (pre cell phone days).

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top