BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IM sent  

You'll need to be granted permission to move to various channels once you are on the server. What is your account name in game and on TS, if different than AR15 account?
Post here and someone should come along to move you, or poke someone on TS (it's not always very active so there may not be too many available)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is there a teamspeak server you guys use to play with each other?
I'd like to join, I'm on most nights to play and I'm not horrible at the game I promise.
IM sent  

You'll need to be granted permission to move to various channels once you are on the server. What is your account name in game and on TS, if different than AR15 account?
Post here and someone should come along to move you, or poke someone on TS (it's not always very active so there may not be too many available)

Thank you good sir
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes you can't get a team to win no matter what you do. This was my first game in the Minekaze (no upgrades) and my capt was not even fully retrained.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sometimes you can't get a team to win no matter what you do. This was my first game in the Minekaze (no upgrades) and my capt was not even fully retrained.

http://i.imgur.com/VAbUVnE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1sbLscD.jpg

View Quote
Minekaze is a fun, fun boat!

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Can someone IM me the TS info?  Going to be on tonight after being offline all weekend
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can someone IM me the TS info?  Going to be on tonight after being offline all weekend
View Quote
IM Sent.  what is the in-game name?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
So...yay or nay?

I swore off tanks and planes after WG fucked up planes. (Have you seen the NA server populations lately?)

However, I do miss playing with the core arfcom guys, and looks like the boats is open to all.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So...yay or nay?

I swore off tanks and planes after WG fucked up planes. (Have you seen the NA server populations lately?)

However, I do miss playing with the core arfcom guys, and looks like the boats is open to all.

View Quote
I think some of the good tank players seem not to like WS because the games are slower.
I actually find that to be a little more relaxing.
I don't get anxious about other players at all when I play.  

The games don't seem to be incredibly lopsided all that often.

It is much, much better than planes.

The thing I think I enjoy about it is that everything seems to work as you expect.  Spotting range is a concrete number.  As are torpedo range and artillery range.  For example, if you are in a Japanese DD and can be spotted at 7km, and have an 8km range, you can most definitely put yourself into position ahead of an enemy BB to launch torps at 10km and he will come into range and you will hit him, and you will not be spotted. and you can even do it over and over.

Plus, when your battleship sinks, typing "You sank my Battleship!" never gets old.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think some of the good tank players seem not to like WS because the games are slower.   I actually find that to be a little more relaxing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...yay or nay?

I think some of the good tank players seem not to like WS because the games are slower.   I actually find that to be a little more relaxing.

Some of us "real" Navy types just like to blow up everything...ships or tanks makes no difference  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Some of us "real" Navy types just like to blow up everything...ships or tanks makes no difference  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So...yay or nay?

hey, I wasn't finished.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I had screen shotted my 6 kill game in a Wickes yesterday.  That was fun!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wish I had screen shotted my 6 kill game in a Wickes yesterday.  That was fun!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there some sort of arf clan on World of Warships?  I wouldn't mind playing with non-tards.

Don't torp me bro.
View Quote

Lots of us on TS.... but have you met us?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there some sort of arf clan on World of Warships?  I wouldn't mind playing with non-tards.

Don't torp me bro.

potato
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
the repurchase camo after every battle option sucks a big fat something or other.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
the repurchase camo after every battle option sucks a big fat something or other.
View Quote

ham sandwich?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh man, I forgot how much fun the full-upgraded Phoenix can be. I still think Omaha is better (with the second hull, even though 2 of the quad-1.1" AA guns are visible but not noted in the stats ), but I've had some really, really good (and fun) games in Phoenix lately.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I had some guy on my own team launch torpedoes in to my path.  I could have dodged them, probably, but then I would have turned towards a large part of the enemy team and been completely exposed.  I opted to let the friendly torpedoes hit and kill me to save on the repair bill.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:29:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

did you not enable auto-replenish?  look right below the 2 camo choices in the 'exterior' tab.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]

I have Atlanta and Arkansas.  Is Warspite worth the gold?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

did you not enable auto-replenish?  look right below the 2 camo choices in the 'exterior' tab.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did.  And that means you have to pay 12K credits for every battle.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have Atlanta and Arkansas.  Is Warspite worth the gold?
View Quote
It can dish out firepower, but it has a very low range.   Like 3-5 km less than other BBs in that tier?

It has a phenomenal turn rate.  The rudder turns like an IJN cruiser, and the turn radius is awesome.

Last night, with my engine damaged (and no repair ready) I was able to turn to evade all but one torp from a group of two sets of torps that were dropped at 90 degree separation from one another on me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Any idea what the mini patch today was for?

M256
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry I disappeared. I'm working remotely right now and only have access to crappy wifi with bad ping times. It sucks because my work laptop is more powerful then my home desktop Iand I can actually play this with much higher graphics settings. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks i'll get a real internet connection again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah--i thought you were talking about the process, not the cost.  guess who was having to go through and re-select camo every battle before he figured out how to auto-replenish.  

frankly, i'm far happier with paying for camo at the current rate than with paying WoT rates for ammo.  since it's rare to make less than 6 figures per battle, i don't see the cost as too onerous.  to look at it another way, 1 big game pays for your camo for the entire session.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any idea what the mini patch today was for?

M256
View Quote

Warspite was removed from the tech tree.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#27]
What happened to the Atlanta?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still in game, just unavailable for purchase.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got called a hacker for having one I a match the other day
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Had a couple of good games yesterday.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I got called a hacker for having one I a match the other day

View Quote
lmao!  wear that label with pride.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it going to become available for purchase again?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Possibly."  Same as Warspite.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what, they left it for sale for the first couple days of open beta so a handful of people can get it out of tens of thousands of future players?  

God damn I fucking hate WG sometimes...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So what, they left it for sale for the first couple days of open beta so a handful of people can get it out of tens of thousands of future players?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Pz V/IV in World of Tanks. It's not been for sale in years - 4th rarest tank in the game, last I looked.

Who cares? There will be plenty of rare ships down the line. Buy what you want, enjoy it, and ogle what you can't have because you missed it :)
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have a Pz V/IV in World of Tanks. It's not been for sale in years - 4th rarest tank in the game, last I looked.

Who cares? There will be plenty of rare ships down the line. Buy what you want, enjoy it, and ogle what you can't have because you missed it :)
View Quote

Will we still have them once the game launches?
There won't be another wipe that's takes it from us like CBT will it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they've said repeatedly that the wipe for OBT will be the only wipe, and there won't be one when it goes into full release.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I still can't get any wins.

ETA: I am 22-25-1
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still can't get any wins.

ETA: I am 22-25-1
View Quote

93-76-7  (52.84% win)

I'm dying a lot more, but I attribute that to me forgetting how to pilot low-tier ships  
My k/d ratio is only 2.03
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#41]
The tier 5 IJN cruiser is the worst ship in the game, by far.  I'll be using free xp to skip as much of it as possible.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The tier 5 IJN cruiser is the worst ship in the game, by far.  I'll be using free xp to skip as much of it as possible.
View Quote

The Aoba? It was a dog in CBT.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]
M256 and Onyx, good to see you in game. I have no idea how that battle turned out as my game crashed and locked up my entire computer. Who won?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Furutaka.

Aoba is tier 6.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I wonder how the chance to start a fire is calculated?

My cruisers and BBs have the mod for -5% and commander skill for -7% (-12% total?), but I'm constantly lit up like a Christmas tree - even against US cruisers, which only have a 12% base fire chance.

Checking my scores, I seem to start a fire a little under 10% of hits in cruisers and ~3% in DDs, but I don't know what mods/skills my targets have.

It feels like the bug that caused high fire chance is still around, but I can't say for sure without knowing how the calculation is made.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#46]
That game where you fight other arfcommers and iced earth starts playing....

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol lost this one because the cruisers refused to hunt down the CV

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol lost this one because the cruisers refused to hunt down the CV

http://i.imgur.com/iiRjwlm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ilRVAzF.jpg
View Quote

Games are rough when you run into a guy in a CV who knows what he is doing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's fucking retarded.  The Atlanta was my favorite ship to play in the game.  When it was available for purchase through all of closed Beta it was far from overused.  Moreover, if a ship is that OP that leaving it for sale causes balance issues then the balance issues should be fixed.

There are reasons beyond superior gameplay that caused me to uninstall WoT and switch to War Thunder without ever looking back and one of those reasons is because dealing with WG is honestly  more frustration than it's worth when there are alternatives.  Unfortunately, for the time being, there are no alternatives.

WG's money making schemes are just fucking annoying.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been playing for 2 days. I have my South Carolina fully upgraded and can be somewhat of an irritant to the enemy team. I get my jollies from citadel hits.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top