Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Bink - checking in!

Currently all out of codes - sent the last one to someones buddy who is deploying but I have asked for more.

I am currently trying to play my Iwaki well - nice ship, fast, well armed but snaps like a dry twig!

And in answer to other queries I have got - yes other navies are in the works. No I cannot say which ones other then if it was a country with a major navy it is probably under development...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

1)  Firing in a burst when you have a ship ranged is a great way to do a LOT of damage REAL fast.  I sank a bunch of ships with the St. Louis that way.  8+ guns hitting simultaneously is devastating.
2)  Torpedoes don't work point blank.  Had a knife fight with another destroyer at probably 100m or so and we were bouncing torps off each other.  Finally we just rammed killed each other.
3)  Watch the map and stay with the team.  I had several fights where I'd get singled out and killed quickly because my team either ran away, or I didn't watch closely enough and got separated from the fleet.
4)  The window lickers have already infiltrated the beta test.  Guys that just yolo and try to kill carriers vs. playing any basic strategy or tactics.  When you call them out on it they are the typical "Its just a game, chill out dude" characters.

I'm at 45% win rate after 67 games now.  Getting into some tier 4 and 5 boats that are pretty cool.  But just like tanks, sound tactics and technique always win out over just relying on a higher tier vehicle with bigger guns.
View Quote

That is correct - we put in the required minimum arming distance for torps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Eh maybe somewhere else
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

1)  Firing in a burst when you have a ship ranged is a great way to do a LOT of damage REAL fast.  I sank a bunch of ships with the St. Louis that way.  8+ guns hitting simultaneously is devastating.
2)  Torpedoes don't work point blank.  Had a knife fight with another destroyer at probably 100m or so and we were bouncing torps off each other.  Finally we just rammed killed each other.
3)  Watch the map and stay with the team.  I had several fights where I'd get singled out and killed quickly because my team either ran away, or I didn't watch closely enough and got separated from the fleet.
4)  The window lickers have already infiltrated the beta test.  Guys that just yolo and try to kill carriers vs. playing any basic strategy or tactics.  When you call them out on it they are the typical "Its just a game, chill out dude" characters.

I'm at 45% win rate after 67 games now.  Getting into some tier 4 and 5 boats that are pretty cool.  But just like tanks, sound tactics and technique always win out over just relying on a higher tier vehicle with bigger guns.

Really?  I point blanked a destroyer last night in my Jap Cruiser.  Wasn't more than 50 meters away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really?  I point blanked a destroyer last night in my Jap Cruiser.  Wasn't more than 50 meters away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

Same... you could have thrown a rock at the ship thats how close it was
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting - not supposed to happen.

All hail Beta to find these problems
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do you know what the  "minimum arming distance" is?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting - not supposed to happen.

All hail Beta to find these problems

Do you know what the  "minimum arming distance" is?

Bout the same as an rpg7

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i got a beta code today, dling after wrk
View Quote

When did you apply for it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

Interesting.  My torps simply "ghost rounded" right on through the enemy destroyer much like the ghost rounds we've all seen in WOT.  The "tracer" bubbles from the torpedo went right on through the enemy tank.  I had another player watching me after his tank had been sunk and he commented on it in team chat, since it happened 2x with two separate salvos.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've launched torps too close as well and had them ghost through. I always assumed that they somehow when "under" due to the short range.

Speaking of ghost rounds, ever use the round-following camera view? I do occasionally on long range BB shots and I've noticed rounds simply pass right through another BB's deck for no hit. Frustration at its finest
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Interesting.  My torps simply "ghost rounded" right on through the enemy destroyer much like the ghost rounds we've all seen in WOT.  The "tracer" bubbles from the torpedo went right on through the enemy tank.  I had another player watching me after his tank had been sunk and he commented on it in team chat, since it happened 2x with two separate salvos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

Tanks don't float so well bro.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

Interesting.  My torps simply "ghost rounded" right on through the enemy destroyer much like the ghost rounds we've all seen in WOT.  The "tracer" bubbles from the torpedo went right on through the enemy tank.  I had another player watching me after his tank ship had been sunk and he commented on it in team chat, since it happened 2x with two separate salvos.

LOL...Freudian slip from so many posts about tanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#14]
sprayed150 is my in game

dling client now
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
how come the friend list doesnt import from WoT and WoP?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Got more codes - first come, first serve. Send me a PM as normal!

One per customer! :)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
how come the friend list doesnt import from WoT and WoP?
View Quote

Probably because it is a Beta
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Message sent!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

IM Sent
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#22]
do we have a group yet? whats the arfcom ts3
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I want a beta key so bad for this game it's making my balls hurt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Reset they might give us a shitty premium ship as thanks though.
View Quote

It'll be ugly as fuck and look like Frankenstein too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks Blackhawk, downloading now!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#26]
NP all!

Got 5 codes left out of the 20 I was sent.

I am going home and am unsure if I will be on tonight so any more requests may not be sent out to till tomorrow.

If I run out I will ask for more like usual and give them first to the backlog.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Downloading now, Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone happens to feel like sending me a code, I'd love to get in on this one.  I registered, but didn't hear about it until kind of late so I doubt I'll get a beta code for a while if at all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the TS we use. We have rooms already set up for Ships toward the bottom. Come one come all. Even you Blackhawk.

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is the TS we use. We have rooms already set up for Ships toward the bottom. Come one come all. Even you Blackhawk.

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

god damn it huskers give me permission to join the group:P

figured it out nice to know you guys forgot me from WoT
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

I really oughta replace my broken mic/headset
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

Don't do it.  WHen Bottled did it nobody knew who he was.  We were used to him sounding like he had one of those mechanical voice boxes (the kind people that lost their natural voice box use) and was in a submarine.  All the while his mic volume was at level 11.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't do it.  WHen Bottled did it nobody knew who he was.  We were used to him sounding like he had one of those mechanical voice boxes (the kind people that lost their natural voice box use) and was in a submarine.  All the while his mic volume was at level 11.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

His previous voice was like that of a combination disc jockey/airplane pilot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who could forget you?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Who could forget you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who could forget you?

I RAM YOU !
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Got it!  Thank you Blackhawk!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

How do I go about getting permissions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd love a code if possible.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I love it, even if I am somehow getting worse at it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I wasn't very impressed with it when watching videos but so far it seems like a lot of fun.

I do hope they increase the map sizes a bit and introduce a more real FCS.  It would be a shitload of fun to have to two scope system, trying to line up the images of the enemy on your screen to get the range, instead of just point and click.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

That's a good description...much better than mine!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Played a few tonight and my 7 year old loves being my "navigator."  She picks the boats and recommends where to go on the map.  We lost a lot tonight but not due to her.  If anyone was secretly hoping that the window lickers would be less of an issue, unfortunately that isn't the case.  The good news is the game is still a lot of fun as we all learn how to play it.  I had to laugh when she said "dad, you sure are bossy to your team mates!"  Apparently she didn't appreciate me recommending strategies in the team chat either.   I do need to either turn off chat or figure out how to filter the non-family friendly content.  She asked me what a bitch was after someone typed that in chat.  For now my reply was "A word you never repeat."

Only real glitch I've noticed so far is that the game doesn't seem to remember my password and when I first login I get an error.  Re-enter the password and then its fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Does it have roughly the same strategic pace/speed as wot?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bit slower to develop, really. And once you've committed to a fight, you're committed unless you do so at extreme range with a speed advantage.

Overall I'd say it's "more deliberate" than Tanks is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar15.ts.nfoservers.com

I have insufficiant permissions to get in the World of Warships section.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Bit slower to develop, really. And once you've committed to a fight, you're committed unless you do so at extreme range with a speed advantage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  I've had several matches that go into the 19th minute, including my first ever draw.

Also, given the size of the cap circle and the speed of some ships, I've noticed a few things.

1)  If 2 slow ships (>20kts) cross the cap circle, they may unintentionally cap out while en route to actually engaging enemy ships on the other side of the map.  We won a game last night this way as I was crossing cap in the St. Louis along with an ally in a Phoenix.  There may have been another ship that popped in as well, but we were all trying to kill all enemies rather than out cap.

2)  Once the enemy starts capturing your base, you must react very quickly to have any chance of a reset.  3 ships on cap is very tough to beat unless your team has significant firepower in range to being shelling the cappers.   I lost a couple matches tonight to quick caps.  By the time the cruisers and battleships reacted and got in range, the match was all but over.  Especially since the initial salvos from each was from bow guns only instead of a full broad side shot as the ships were steaming full ahead to make it in range.

3)  Cap timer reset appears to be like WOT.  First hit resets the timer for that ship, but you have to hit all ships on the cap to fully reset.  From there you have to kill them dead as it doesn't appear to continue resetting.  You'd better hope you can get a good spread of torps in the water to avoid base capture.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#47]
So, the tier V American cruiser can be sunk with a single salvo from a tier VII IJN BB. Just....in case you were wondering.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So, the tier V American cruiser can be sunk with a single salvo from a tier VII IJN BB. Just....in case you were wondering.
View Quote

Bet that discovery was preceded by some high pucker factor maneuvers!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. I landed a salvo on him, he landed a salvo on me, I sunk. That was pretty much it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#50]
I just kind of sit in the back doing laps. Most of the new guys haven't figured out yet that it's a bad idea to just rush in. My gunnery skills are decent enough to score hits on the slower ships at near max range but the destroyers are a pain.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top