Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you manually aim torps?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By the way, something I figured out over the weekend was how to control the flight path of my planes on the way back to the carrier.  I was pretty frustrated that after carefully routing a flight plan to stay out of the line of AA fire for as long as possible, that my planes were flying straight back to the ship, typically right over several ships ready and waiting to shoot them down.

I'm sure this is old news to a lot of you, but I just figured it out, and thought it might help a few folks out that are slow learners like me.

After finishing the attack run, you can hit "Alt+click" to set a new waypoint that isn't a straight line back to the carrier.  From there you can use "Shift+click" to set additional waypoints.  So far it looks like you can't set the final waypoint to actually land on the carrier, so once they are close you have to hit "F" to get them to land.

Also, if you are playing the IJN carriers, I highly highly recommend manually aiming your torpedoes, vs. using the default aiming spread.   The lower tier torpedoes are pretty slow and the attack distance is actually pretty far away.  Add to that only having 4 torpedos vs. 5 or 6 for the US lines, you leave a very wide gap for a ship to pass through.   If you launch at a ship that is paying attention you are unlikely to get a hit.  Also, its best to attack in pairs given the low number of torps per spread.  If you can interlock the spreads a bit you can usually negate a turning ship.

I believe you hold down the ALT key to manually set the run in for torp bombers
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

I ll have to try it tonight. I had given up on using torp bombers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
By the way, something I figured out over the weekend was how to control the flight path of my planes on the way back to the carrier.  I was pretty frustrated that after carefully routing a flight plan to stay out of the line of AA fire for as long as possible, that my planes were flying straight back to the ship, typically right over several ships ready and waiting to shoot them down.

I'm sure this is old news to a lot of you, but I just figured it out, and thought it might help a few folks out that are slow learners like me.

After finishing the attack run, you can hit "Alt+click" to set a new waypoint that isn't a straight line back to the carrier.  From there you can use "Shift+click" to set additional waypoints.  So far it looks like you can't set the final waypoint to actually land on the carrier, so once they are close you have to hit "F" to get them to land.

Also, if you are playing the IJN carriers, I highly highly recommend manually aiming your torpedoes, vs. using the default aiming spread.   The lower tier torpedoes are pretty slow and the attack distance is actually pretty far away.  Add to that only having 4 torpedos vs. 5 or 6 for the US lines, you leave a very wide gap for a ship to pass through.   If you launch at a ship that is paying attention you are unlikely to get a hit.  Also, its best to attack in pairs given the low number of torps per spread.  If you can interlock the spreads a bit you can usually negate a turning ship.
View Quote

You don't have to alt+click, you can just click the same as if you were telling them to move somewhere.  Pressing shift+F will tell them to land after the final waypoint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You don't have to alt+click, you can just click the same as if you were telling them to move somewhere.  Pressing shift+F will tell them to land after the final waypoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought...but no matter what I tried I couldn't seem to get normal clicking to work.  Alt + Click did work though.  Maybe a glitch in my settings?   Thanks for the heads up on Shift+F for the last waypoint!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same works for dive bombers.  It essentially shrinks the aim oval.  Its more useful on ships that are stationary or moving in a straight line.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a great final game in the Myoko.  Looks like the final talley was about 100,000 damage to kill the 5 ships.   Our carrier and I stood alone vs. 4 ships at the end.  I got 3 but couldn't sink the BB.  Our carrier put out a great spread of torps and sunk him from 80% health with about 2 minutes left.

Hated to sell her for the Mogami, but sounds like it will be even better.  Moving my equipment and captain over will help too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know what this thing is on the stern of quite a few American destroyers and cruisers?

E-95
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Anyone know what this thing is on the stern of quite a few American destroyers and cruisers?
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/1275/NhzPg8.jpg
E-95
View Quote
I'm reasonably sure that's so the screws don't strike the dock sides.
Propeller Guards

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy cow the Mogami is amazing.  I won't go full CrazedCat on you guys and post more screen shots...but think in the first 5 games in it I sunk 17 ships and probably averaged 75+ hits.  Those guns have an insane ROF and they are pretty accurate too.  Gonna spring for the range bonus I think...that seems to be the only downside.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm reasonably sure that's so the screws don't strike the dock sides.  Propeller Guards

http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/0507509.jpg

http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/0530008.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95
I'm reasonably sure that's so the screws don't strike the dock sides.  Propeller Guards

Could be that, or could be brackets for mounting the training pontoons while guys are learning to drive the ship.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Good times gents. Good playing with yall.

Enjoy those US Cruisers Journey
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:01:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

Thanks Leisure, you gotta be right.  Looks like the forward port and starboard screws on the U.S.S. Pensacola are just below the those guards:

E-95
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]
can someone explain when the term boat or ship is appropriate?

What about the propellers? screws?  props?

What is the clock on the masts  (correct term?) of the battleships for?  I found one reference that said it told shell flight time to target?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What is the clock on the masts  (correct term?) of the battleships for?  I found one reference that said it told shell flight time to target?

View Quote
Technically, a ship is a sailing vessel with three square-rigged masts (like USS Constitution).  Over time the term has evolved to mean larger vessels generically.  In WWII I believe that submarines were the only major vessels to be called boats.  DD's and above (i.e. all of the game) would be ships.  

The clock is an aiming device.  Smoke can get so thick in battle that sometimes only the lead ship can see the enemy.  The clock roughly relays the position of the targets since battleships of the time went in line formation.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Technically, a ship is a sailing vessel with three square-rigged masts (like USS Constitution).  Over time the term has evolved to mean larger vessels generically.  In WWII I believe that submarines were the only major vessels to be called boats.  DD's and above (i.e. all of the game) would be ships.  

The clock is an aiming device.  Smoke can get so thick in battle that sometimes only the lead ship can see the enemy.  The clock roughly relays the position of the targets since battleships of the time went in line formation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right on all counts.  I'm not sure on a lot of the history, but today (at least by U.S. Navy vernacular) everything is a ship except for subs.  Subs are boats.  And your Ski Nautique and bass boat have props.  Naval vessels have screws.  As for the clock, we called them Range Clocks and the Brits called them Concentraction Dials.

E-95
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He's right on all counts.  I'm not sure on a lot of the history, but today (at least by U.S. Navy vernacular) everything is a ship except for subs.  Subs are boats.  And your Ski Nautique and bass boat have props.  Naval vessels have screws.  As for the clock, we called them Range Clocks and the Brits called them Concentraction Dials.

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

Interesting...always wondered the  "clock" was and why it only went to 10.  Seems like most of the "clock" references we hear from aircraft and other vehicles use a 12 hour clock.  Is this an old Navy tradition, or just something that I noticed on the Japanese ships?

I guess since there is a pointer it at least gives some good sense of direction.  But if my buddy asked me where the target was and I said 2 o'clock, would that be 60 deg off the starboard bow (12 hrs, or 30deg per hour) or 72 deg off the SB bow (10hrs, or 36 deg per hr)?

I also noticed on one of the Japanese ships there were red and green lights in diamond pattern.  I presume this was also for targeting?  Perhaps approximate speed and if they were going towards or away from the ship?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Interesting...always wondered the  "clock" was and why it only went to 10.  Seems like most of the "clock" references we hear from aircraft and other vehicles use a 12 hour clock.  Is this an old Navy tradition, or just something that I noticed on the Japanese ships?

I guess since there is a pointer it at least gives some good sense of direction.  But if my buddy asked me where the target was and I said 2 o'clock, would that be 60 deg off the starboard bow (12 hrs, or 30deg per hour) or 72 deg off the SB bow (10hrs, or 36 deg per hr)?

I also noticed on one of the Japanese ships there were red and green lights in diamond pattern.  I presume this was also for targeting?  Perhaps approximate speed and if they were going towards or away from the ship?
View Quote
I believe the range clocks were only an interwar thing.  IIRC they came about after British experience at the Jutland, and were obsolete when Radar took over in WWII.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe the range clocks were only an interwar thing.  IIRC they came about after British experience at the Jutland, and were obsolete when Radar took over in WWII.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, and they're called range clocks because they showed range to target.  They had two hands that represented thousands and hundreds of yards.  Hence why the clock only goes to 10 and not 12.  And the main batteries had bearing indicators painted on them for the next ship down the line of battle to reference.  So range and bearing relayed from the ship in front of you and you're ready to shoot.

E-95
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Being a USN guy, when I was just a youngster in, my skipper told me that anything that fits on a ship is deemed a boat, except subs, which are all boats.

It was more of a joke than anything, but in all honesty, anything that fits onboard a ship is a boat is a decent way to categorize size  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup, and they're called range clocks because they showed range to target.  They had two hands that represented thousands and hundreds of yards.  Hence why the clock only goes to 10 and not 12.  And the main batteries had bearing indicators painted on them for the next ship down the line of battle to reference.  So range and bearing relayed from the ship in front of you and you're ready to shoot.

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

That makes a lot more sense...range in km, and then use the lead ships turrets to indicate bearing.

Anyone know what this thing is?  Perhaps turn signals and brake lights...literally?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Followed see you tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a heads up I will be streaming WOWs every night at around 10:30est and will be raffling access codes every night thanks to Blackhawk. http://www.twitch.tv/journeyman1029

We will also be having a Q&A with Blackhawk on the stream more than likely on the 27th and I will confirm that as soon as I can!

Come hang out and drink with us!

Followed see you tonight.

Free bump for  stream.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
In my experience in the Navy was that if it was one you were on, it was your boat, if it was another one, it was a ship.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#24]
1 for 7 tonight.  The only semi-close game was the one in which we won, and that was a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Blackhawk...I realize that if I want to be constructive, I probably should bitch less and use less foul language in my post.  So...here's a few things that perhaps you guys can chew on a bit as it pertains to MM.  Are these lopsided games just a result of such few players in the queue that MM can't figure out how to balance?  Or is this part of the strategy to speed up the game play, much like in WOT.

Notice the tier unbalance for all classes?  Our only Tier 9 is a DD.  Otherwise we are significantly out matched.  Surprisingly our team hung in there past the 10 minute mark mainly by running the other way from their big guns, but couldn't hang on forever.

Final Results:

This was closer in terms of class match ups, but once again having +2 ships on OPFOR made it pretty difficult to win in a domination mode with 4 caps.  We simply didn't have the ships to cover all the caps.  They had enough extra to leisurely start the cap timer and secure 2 caps while we tried to defend 2 other caps they were on.  It was good tactics on their part...always occupy 4 caps.  Eventually we just divided our fire enough that we couldn't keep ships alive.  

Final score:

And this one just frustrates the heck out of me.  What isn't shown is that the enemy Warspite killed 2 of his own ships right off the bat, so we did have an even match.  It even mentioned he would get a penalty for team damage in the chat window after his second team kill.   Despite them doing all they could to help us win, our team still had a bunch of guys that just went right up the middle of the map.  I know that's not a problem with the game, just the player base.  I'm just really tired of busting my butt and doing what I can to help the team, but having no real team work to speak of from anyone else.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Notice the tier unbalance for all classes?  Our only Tier 9 is a DD.  Otherwise we are significantly out matched.  Surprisingly our team hung in there past the 10 minute mark mainly by running the other way from their big guns, but couldn't hang on forever.

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.57.02-0699_zpsewc0uwdj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.57.02-0699_zpsewc0uwdj.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.57.02-0699_zpsewc0uwdj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.57.02-0699_zpsewc0uwdj.jpg</a>

Adding up the levels, their total level was 87 to your 85, which isn't too bad.  The real killer is the tier 6 CV matched up against the tier 9.

Quoted:

This was closer in terms of class match ups, but once again having +2 ships on OPFOR made it pretty difficult to win in a domination mode with 4 caps.  We simply didn't have the ships to cover all the caps.  They had enough extra to leisurely start the cap timer and secure 2 caps while we tried to defend 2 other caps they were on.  It was good tactics on their part...always occupy 4 caps.  Eventually we just divided our fire enough that we couldn't keep ships alive.  

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.03-0106_zpsp1zmzzio.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.03-0106_zpsp1zmzzio.jpg</a>

This one is actually worse - their 77 to your 71, in addition to you being outnumbered.

The most lopsided games that I've seen are usually due to a CV mismatch, or a high tier in a party with lower tier(s).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Adding up the levels, their total level was 87 to your 85, which isn't too bad.  The real killer is the tier 6 CV matched up against the tier 9.

This one is actually worse - their 77 to your 71, in addition to you being outnumbered.

The most lopsided games that I've seen are usually due to a CV mismatch, or a high tier in a party with lower tier(s).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.03-0106_zpsp1zmzzio.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.03-0106_zpsp1zmzzio.jpg</a>

I agree with your point about total tier, but like you said, having a Tier 9 carrier (who conveniently for them ran heavy on fighters) vs. our Tier 6 meant our carrier did absolutely nothing.  The enemy planes basically just circled our carrier and shot down all his planes (33 kills).   The other big killer was a Tier 9 Iowa vs 1 Tier 8 North Carolina and 3 Tier 6 BB's.  Sure, the Fuso's have decent engagement range to help offset things a bit, but its still a huge mis match in HP and Alpha.

The carrier mis-matches are something that consistently happen and really don't make any sense to me given such HUGE difference in both quality and quantity of the aircraft.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree with your point about total tier, but like you said, having a Tier 9 carrier (who conveniently for them ran heavy on fighters) vs. our Tier 6 meant our carrier did absolutely nothing.  The enemy planes basically just circled our carrier and shot down all his planes (33 kills).   The other big killer was a Tier 9 Iowa vs 1 Tier 8 North Carolina and 3 Tier 6 BB's.  Sure, the Fuso's have decent engagement range to help offset things a bit, but its still a huge mis match in HP and Alpha.

The carrier mis-matches are something that consistently happen and really don't make any sense to me given such HUGE difference in both quality and quantity of the aircraft.
View Quote

Even playing as a carrier, that doesn't bother me that much.

If I find myself greatly outmatched, I tend to use my least good planes to bait the enemy over my friendly AA. If that fails, I tend to stick close to them and use my aircraft directly in support - short runs, drop bombs or torps, then haul ass back to my ship to reload. If the enemy wants to circle me (and my friendly AA) with fighters, then I just wait until they get chewed up before launching.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#28]
One big problem I have with torp bombers isn't so much that they can drop the torps damn near on top of you and sink a full health tier 10 BB in one run(although that is annoying), it's that they can dive damn near straight down on you from over the top of a giant island and drop their torps in the 20m between you and a sheer cliff and kill you.

Not even dive bombers would be able to pull that stunt off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Also a possible solution to the CV issue.  Not saying i necessarily agree with it but it's an idea none the less.

Refitting a ship took a lot of time and money.  So when you're in a shitty little tier 5 and get thrown into a tier 8 game you should still be stuck in your shitty little tier 5.

That's how things were when the early/pre-war ships had to go head to head with the later war shit.  Sure some modifications got made over time but generally speaking nothing too drastic.

Doesn't take much to restock a carrier with later war aircraft though.  The level of planes you have shouldn't be dictated but what level carrier your in.... they should be dictated by the highest level carrier of the game.

If you're in a tier 5 carrier and get matched against a tier 8 that's like saying you are at a point in the war when the tier 8 carrier had been created.  So even though you're still stuck in a tier 5 carrier you should be outfitted with later model aircraft.

Or, so as not to completely negate the tier advantage, take your tier carrier + the highest tier carrier in the game divded by 2.  It'll still give the higher tier an advantage but it doesn't leave you completely useless.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Also a possible solution to the CV issue.  Not saying i necessarily agree with it but it's an idea none the less.

Refitting a ship took a lot of time and money.  So when you're in a shitty little tier 5 and get thrown into a tier 8 game you should still be stuck in your shitty little tier 5.

That's how things were when the early/pre-war ships had to go head to head with the later war shit.  Sure some modifications got made over time but generally speaking nothing too drastic.

Doesn't take much to restock a carrier with later war aircraft though.  The level of planes you have shouldn't be dictated but what level carrier your in.... they should be dictated by the highest level carrier of the game.

If you're in a tier 5 carrier and get matched against a tier 8 that's like saying you are at a point in the war when the tier 8 carrier had been created.  So even though you're still stuck in a tier 5 carrier you should be outfitted with later model aircraft.

Or, so as not to completely negate the tier advantage, take your tier carrier + the highest tier carrier in the game divded by 2.  It'll still give the higher tier an advantage but it doesn't leave you completely useless.
View Quote

That's not a bad idea.  Even if the planes are bumped to match the higher tier, the higher tier will still have an advantage in aircraft capacity and possibly total squadrons.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Got the Colorado today. 4 games, 4 losses. I  know it's a good ship but it gets T-10 constantly. You don't last long against 2 Montanas and a Baltimore...fuck
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got the Colorado today. 4 games, 4 losses. I  know it's a good ship but it gets T-10 constantly. You don't last long against 2 Montanas and a Baltimore...fuck
View Quote

You want some cheese to go with that whine Jim?  

E-95
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95
he's just soggy

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know what today's little micro-patch deal did?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#35]
No clue on the micro patch.  I did figure out what to do with a carrier once all your planes are dead.  Turn it into a guided missile of course!  The bad thing was the New York was just fast enough to evade me.  The good thing?  I started chasing him and he completely stopped shooting our ship that was capping their base, and focused on me.  I was zigging and zagging trying to ram him, and he was changing course to avoid me, which meant he couldn't shoot either of us.  His team was none too happy with him!

Also, got enough credits back in the bank now for another upgrade to Mogami.  Concealment device (-10% to detectability) or Advanced Target System Acquisition (20% to acquisition range).  Seems like detectability would be advantageous, but the range on the Mogami isn't spectacular at 14.7km.  20% gets it out over 17km, which is close to BB range.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#36]
BTW, I'm going to visit the Yorktown in Charleston, SC.  I'll be sure to bring a camera.  Any of you have any particular pictures you want me to try to take?  I'm not a great photographer...but do enjoy touring these old warships.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Another night with 1 win, and it was the one posted above where I got lucky that the enemy had more tards than our team.  Multiple 3 and 4 kill games in the Mogami where the rest of the team maybe gets 1 or 2 total.  Incredible how bad the player base is and unwilling to work as a team.   SPEED GRINDING FTW....afterall, stat's don't matter, right, is CBT and its all reset anyway....  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:51:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
BTW, I'm going to visit the Yorktown in Charleston, SC.  I'll be sure to bring a camera.  Any of you have any particular pictures you want me to try to take?  I'm not a great photographer...but do enjoy touring these old warships.
View Quote

Any chance you could get onto Laffey right next to her? She's a Sumner-class, which is basically a Gearing with a slightly shorter hull and reduced bunkerage, otherwise identical.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL! NP on the bitching and language - I sift through everything and sanitize the language!

And thank you! :)

Quoted:
1 for 7 tonight.  The only semi-close game was the one in which we won, and that was a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Blackhawk...I realize that if I want to be constructive, I probably should bitch less and use less foul language in my post.  So...here's a few things that perhaps you guys can chew on a bit as it pertains to MM.  Are these lopsided games just a result of such few players in the queue that MM can't figure out how to balance?  Or is this part of the strategy to speed up the game play, much like in WOT.

Final Results:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.08.19-0044_zpsxwgemx8v.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.08.19-0044_zpsxwgemx8v.jpg</a>

Final score:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.32-0826_zpsfgqcsyyk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_23.50.32-0826_zpsfgqcsyyk.jpg</a>

And this one just frustrates the heck out of me.  What isn't shown is that the enemy Warspite killed 2 of his own ships right off the bat, so we did have an even match.  It even mentioned he would get a penalty for team damage in the chat window after his second team kill.   Despite them doing all they could to help us win, our team still had a bunch of guys that just went right up the middle of the map.  I know that's not a problem with the game, just the player base.  I'm just really tired of busting my butt and doing what I can to help the team, but having no real team work to speak of from anyone else.  

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.50.06-0177_zps9mch0jpw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.50.06-0177_zps9mch0jpw.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.50.47-0176_zpscmkiwezo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.27_22.50.47-0176_zpscmkiwezo.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Any chance you could get onto Laffey right next to her? She's a Sumner-class, which is basically a Gearing with a slightly shorter hull and reduced bunkerage, otherwise identical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure can.  I saw that on the website and plan to visit her as well as the sub, and the other museums and displays.

Blackhawk...thanks for taking a look at all of our feedback!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No clue on the micro patch.  I did figure out what to do with a carrier once all your planes are dead.  Turn it into a guided missile of course!  The bad thing was the New York was just fast enough to evade me.  The good thing?  I started chasing him and he completely stopped shooting our ship that was capping their base, and focused on me.  I was zigging and zagging trying to ram him, and he was changing course to avoid me, which meant he couldn't shoot either of us.  His team was none too happy with him!

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.28_23.24.08-0584_zpsfk5atab6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.28_23.24.08-0584_zpsfk5atab6.jpg</a>

Also, got enough credits back in the bank now for another upgrade to Mogami.  Concealment device (-10% to detectability) or Advanced Target System Acquisition (20% to acquisition range).  Seems like detectability would be advantageous, but the range on the Mogami isn't spectacular at 14.7km.  20% gets it out over 17km, which is close to BB range.
View Quote

I haven't noticed an increase in gun range with the advanced Target System, but rather the ability to detect ships out further.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#42]
anyone have an extra code?

im bored of WoT already, with the new WoT ugrade, I don't plan on playing anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

What kind do you have?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I haven't noticed an increase in gun range with the advanced Target System, but rather the ability to detect ships out further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.05.28_23.24.08-0584_zpsfk5atab6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.05.28_23.24.08-0584_zpsfk5atab6.jpg</a>

Ah, ok...that makes sense.  So...in ARFCOM fashion...get both?  Obviously I can only mount 1, but might be worth playing around with a bit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
anyone have an extra code?

im bored of WoT already, with the new WoT ugrade, I don't plan on playing anytime soon.
View Quote

Journey has a stream on Twitch going nightly giving codes away or you may hit up Blackhawk and see if he has any left.

Edited for accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What kind do you have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

What kind do you have?

Whatever kind you want Punkin'!

E-95
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ah, ok...that makes sense.  So...in ARFCOM fashion...get both?  Obviously I can only mount 1, but might be worth playing around with a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the concealment.  That thing can get in close and let loose 2-3 broadsides before whomever you are shooting at can get their guns on you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I came into this thread late and 30+ pages are alot to catch up on. Has there been a discussion on AP vs HE?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I came into this thread late and 30+ pages are alot to catch up on. Has there been a discussion on AP vs HE?
View Quote

Depends, in all honesty.  They just buffed the shit out of HE, and small bore/rapid fire guns should definitely use HE right now.  Anything 203mm and bigger AP should still do more damage, but you can effectively spam HE as well (depends on the target you are shooting at, of course).

The big guns (battleships) I would stick with AP unless you are targeting DDs, in which case, switch to HE.  Some light skinned cruisers can also be wrecked with HE out of the big guns as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

With the latest patch it seems like it makes sense to run HE almost exclusively.  The bonus damage from fire is worth the potential for slightly lower damage per shot.   And even with HE, I've had a few major hits to magazines, citadels, etc.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top