Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many teams do we have? Are there plans to do a clan or are we still gun shy from the WoT clans?
View Quote

We have at least one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We have at least one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many teams do we have? Are there plans to do a clan or are we still gun shy from the WoT clans?

We have at least one.

There's a couple floating around.  I try to step out of the teams when I remember to to free up the slot when I'm not around/avail.

Best way is to get on the TS and see if any folks are on, they will rearrange things as they can to get folks in/get a team going.

Teams run mostly Tier 6...just fyi.  That's because team battles are tier 5 and 6.  So we run heavy.  Generally a CV, 2 BBs, 3-4 DDs, 0-1 CA.  For CV, we tend to go air superiority.
Now, grouping up is a bit different.  Platoons are like in wot, I believe.  Just gotta have folks on your friends list.  TS is helpful there, as well.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There's a couple floating around.  I try to step out of the teams when I remember to to free up the slot when I'm not around/avail.

Best way is to get on the TS and see if any folks are on, they will rearrange things as they can to get folks in/get a team going.

Teams run mostly Tier 6...just fyi.  That's because team battles are tier 5 and 6.  So we run heavy.  Generally a CV, 2 BBs, 3-4 DDs, 0-1 CA.  For CV, we tend to go air superiority.
Now, grouping up is a bit different.  Platoons are like in wot, I believe.  Just gotta have folks on your friends list.  TS is helpful there, as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have at least one.

I know all that. I was asking how many teams do we actually have with Arfcom players?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know all that. I was asking how many teams do we actually have with Arfcom players?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have at least one.

I know of and am in three, there may be another floating around though. Hardly ever a time when we have 7 on though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I know of and am in three, there may be another floating around though. Hardly ever a time when we have 7 on though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have at least one.

Yeah, been in three; know there's a couple more around.  Usually lack of numbers, though.

WOWS hasn't been as big of a hit with arfcom, it seems.  

That said, taking my New Mexico against a pair of Tirpitz (read Bismark) is entertaining if I get into range.  

ALL HAIL RNGESUS!!!  
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
someone noticed I left a team.   I just needed to mke space to join another. No hidden butthurt, or anything.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
someone noticed I left a team.   I just needed to mke space to join another. No hidden butthurt, or anything.
View Quote

Hell, way things are set up...we have to leave teams.  No way around it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't we prioritize the teams by who plays the most?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to do.

Teams are 7; costs to make a team.  No clans yet in WOWS.  So we work with what we have.  Each person can make 2 teams, I believe.

Generally, folks will step out (like me) to leave a slot open for folks...since we don't all play all the time.  Sometimes we forget and booting folks out is a major voting PITA.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
As with many WGing UIs, it's like the developers don't even play the game
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They just nerf based on whiney bitches.

I had a guy on my team yesterday whining about DDs needing a nerf  maybe DDs should not have any guns or torps.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had a guy on my team yesterday whining about DDs needing a nerf  maybe DDs should not have any guns or torps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want a strictly AA DD. One 127mm turret and fill the hull with 20mm AA guns. Hell of a surprise for the cvs that spam torps at the first DD they see.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BBs just need the rudder shift nerf undone and an accuracy buff. Torpedo soup started the DAY the rudder nerf patch went live.

This is why you adjust one thing at a time. That patch buffed torp concealment AND nerfed rudder shift and turning circle for BBs. If they had just done the detection buff, DDs would have been in a better place damage wise and BBs wouldn't be sitting ducks to fire spam and Torpedus. But no, make fine adjustment with sledgehammer Comrade! Is good enough, pass vodka.

This is why I play my Zao more now. I call her Zaogdor, The Burninator.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I want a strictly AA DD. One 127mm turret and fill the hull with 20mm AA guns. Hell of a surprise for the cvs that spam torps at the first DD they see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the USN DDs have an AA hull. The main battery counts as AA too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that work, exactly? As long as I don't shoot the main guns, they auto shoot, or does it just make overall AA more effective?

Also, I've been running an experiment with my Mahan. If I load AA boost, I don't see hardly any CVs. If I load speed boost, I get swarmed by planes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How does that work, exactly? As long as I don't shoot the main guns, they auto shoot, or does it just make overall AA more effective?

Also, I've been running an experiment with my Mahan. If I load AA boost, I don't see hardly any CVs. If I load speed boost, I get swarmed by planes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Working as intended.   Kinda like when you have a mission to shoot down 30 plane you never see a CV, or when the mission is to set fire to 100 ships your HE is suddenly incapable of lighting fires.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Why are none of you on tonight?

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I started playing warframe on Xbox, haven't logged in since before the giant patch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was on for 1 game.   Shit team and 500+ ping was not for me.   Something is jacked up with my ISP or my computer or both.  I can reboot, and have no open programs other than task manager, and I'm watching almost rhythmic patters of programs  on my computer accessing the network connection.  Going from 0 to > 100kbps about every 2-3 seconds.   Just started this week, once I'm finally through some rough weeks at work with 80-90 hour work weeks.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found the best AA on the Udaloi and Khab.  I think that they are better at AA b/c I load up all the AA buffs and don't really give up much capability b/c they are already awesome.   In my Gearing and Fletcher I have to give up other buffs that they desperately need.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way AA works, your main battery in ships with dual purpose artillery is counted as two sets of guns that are independent of each other, regardless of whether your're blasting away at ships. You can be pummeling another ship and if a CV flies a squad over you, it still acts like the guns are in AA mode.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wasn't home, I'll be on tonight.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I have having a bitch of a time getting good hits on Wyoming's when i'm in my Arkansas Beta now. Any advice where the citadels are or other good places to aim at less then 10km?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]

I love how I never get asked that when the teams are unbalanced.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]
So apparently Ranked is coming back, and going to be T5-7 () until you get to rank 1. Rank 1 will be T10. Should happen after 5.6.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I've started trolling matches. Whenever my team is winning by a good margin, I'll tell the other team they played good, except for X (usually a camping BB or dumb CV) and they let you guys down. Then sit back and watch shit burn. Last match, I told their BB I was gonna compliment him because he was our MVP for never leaving the spawn. Butthurtness ensued.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So apparently Ranked is coming back, and going to be T5-7 () until you get to rank 1. Rank 1 will be T10. Should happen after 5.6.
View Quote

so you can still hit rank 1 without a t10 right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn... It's been months since I've really played. I better hop on and see what's changed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Damn... It's been months since I've really played. I better hop on and see what's changed.
View Quote

You'll probably rue that decision lol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#33]
New premium ship out, the Molotov. Russian T6 cruiser with the guns from their T9 cruiser, but with 3x3 turrets instead of 4x3.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got myself the Atago. Have it kited out with all the upgrades. It's a little weird to play, but I'm getting used to it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

New premium ship out, the Molotov. Russian T6 cruiser with the guns from their T9 cruiser, but with 3x3 turrets instead of 4x3.

http://i.imgur.com/d9XJ5j2.jpg

https://static-pss-na.gcdn.co/shop/media/items/item_gallery/ac/82/ac82de6110db441db6d8e3d16adeb091.jpg
View Quote
It's like an Imperator Cruiser!

ETA: Man, the Soviet Navy sure was impressive!  It's a wonder they didn't take over the Eastern Hemisphere in the 40s-50s!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

ETA: Man, the Soviet Navy sure was impressive!  It's a wonder they didn't take over the Eastern Hemisphere in the 40s-50s!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://static-pss-na.gcdn.co/shop/media/items/item_gallery/ac/82/ac82de6110db441db6d8e3d16adeb091.jpg

Da Comrade! Glorious Paper Ships shall grant us victory over those capitalist and fascist dogs!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Da Comrade! Glorious Paper Ships shall grant us victory over those capitalist and fascist dogs!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I broke down and bought one, despite my contempt for anything Russian. If they're gonna have OP ships, I might as well get one.

I'm not seeing alot of good AP hits, unless it's a thin skinned target, but the HE is nasty. Pretty flat arc on the guns too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I broke down and bought one, despite my contempt for anything Russian. If they're gonna have OP ships, I might as well get one.

I'm not seeing alot of good AP hits, unless it's a thin skinned target, but the HE is nasty. Pretty flat arc on the guns too.
View Quote
with a name like Molotov, I expect enemy decks to be awash in flames

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

14% chance per HE hit. But I've run 4 matches and you're better off with AP at close range because of the flat trajectory. But she comes with a spotter plane and when that baby is up, you can drop HE on BB decks and have some fun.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be prepared for several gigs of updates. Took me hours, but then I've been gone for 6 months. Played one game isoKaze sunk 3 and had a fairly good time. Might have to get back into it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

They optimized the file system... You're probably better off uninstalling and downloading fresh.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Premium ships will be able to be bought with gold soon.

Yes, even the Tirpitz and Warspite.

Honestly though this and the recent changes to torpedoes and other things show that WG is actually listening to the players.
Hell the Russian ships aren't OP either, I think they're doing things pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Premium ships will be able to be bought with gold soon.

Yes, even the Tirpitz and Warspite.

Honestly though this and the recent changes to torpedoes and other things show that WG is actually listening to the players.
Hell the Russian ships aren't OP either, I think they're doing things pretty good.
View Quote

The salt from the people crying that they had to buy it in bundles is delicious.

Personally, I use the flags and premium time, so the bundles are worth it for me. As to losing rare status? I farmed sooooooo much damage when they released the Tirpitz the second time, mashing potatoes is fun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I should be in tonight but I might get distracted by far harbor
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I should be in tonight but I might get distracted by far harbor
View Quote

Download the PTS, I'll be messing around on there. New Iowa is tits.

Hipster got a new hull too. And dat interface...

Best of all.. RETICLE BUG FIXED! It now tells you if you're gonna blast terrain. If you're locked on a ship and it sails behind a landmass, and you don't see the "blasting goats" indicator pop up... You can hit them behind the island.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#46]
M...m... Montana's fixed guys.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Search function is broked for some people I can't find the thread sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Don't waste your money on the Molotov.

Tier 9 guns, yea right.  

They are slower than the Bud to reload and do not pen, hardly at all.   Was 4 KM from a Bud, shooting at his side with AP.  20 hits and very little damage.  Hit but no damage.

Kirov's, Clevelands, or even Atlanta's guns do better than that.

Seems like a gimmick ship.  Maybe they will buff it in the future.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#50]
RNGesus.  

10 battles yesterday morning, 4 with cruisers, 4 with destroyers, 2 with battleships. - all 4 destroyers detonated while taking their first hits.  9 losses, 1 win with the Fuso.

I took a break, did some yard work.

10 more battles yesterday afternoon.  About the same mix. 10 losses.

Went and read a book.

This morning.

7 battles.  7 wins.  Ended up between a Nurnberg, an Omaha, and a Farragut in my Marblehead.  Knife fighting range, 3-4 km.  Dodged torps from 3 directions, laid into the farragut, lit him up and broke his engine and torps; the Nurn had his guns pointing the wrong way so lit into the omaha with the next volley, switched to AP and citadelled it with the next,   Dumped my torps to both sides, shifted fire to the nurn as it's guns came around; volleyed and double citadelled it.

And then ate 8, or 20, torpedoes from 3 sides.  Shortly thereafter, Omaha eats my torps on one side, Nurn eats my torps on the other.  We all sank together and the Farragut got finished off by the New Mexico that finally got into the neighborhood.  
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top