[#2]
holy fuck the nurn is amazing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

i despise cruisers, but absolutely adore the nurn.  it's like driving a chainsaw.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
also this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6g8va0G0Y[/youtube]

embed fail.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i despise cruisers, but absolutely adore the nurn.  it's like driving a chainsaw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did I. Then I got a Zao.

Zao is love, Zao is life.

This coming from someone with a Yanato and a Montana.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

after all the time i've taken off, i'm so far behind you guys now it's not even funny.  my highest ship is tier 8.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
XP Conversion sale this weekend.

1 doubloon converts 35 XP to Free XP, rather than the normal 25 XP
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6g8va0G0Y

embed fail.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

lol I may have to do that concealment perks. 12.3km is ridiculous lol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
after listening to a certain player go on and on about my grind of the Izumo, I decided to stop putting up with the suck.
I free XP'd about 100K last night, sold a bunch of shit and bought Yamato.

Now, I expect 2 of you pricks with Yamatos to be up for most honorabu division tonight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
after listening to a certain player go on and on about my grind of the Izumo, I decided to stop putting up with the suck.I free XP'd about 100K last night, sold a bunch of shit and bought Yamato.
Now, I expect 2 of you pricks with Yamatos to be up for most honorabu division tonight.
View Quote

Teehee.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#12]
What time? I can join in the Gearing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I played a game last night in my beloved Murmansk.   Did it get netted again or did tanks make me rusty?  I got a lot of hits but could do any damage.   I really had a hard time sinking a Tenryu.  Hit him with Ap and HE but couldn't finish him.  Also could finish a 8000hp Fuso.  He and Ap to the superstructure wasn't doing anything.   Finally got him with some torps, but not until I was pulverized myself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I played a game last night in my beloved Murmansk.   Did it get netted again or did tanks make me rusty?  I got a lot of hits but could do any damage.   I really had a hard time sinking a Tenryu.  Hit him with Ap and HE but couldn't finish him.  Also could finish a 8000hp Fuso.  He and Ap to the superstructure wasn't doing anything.   Finally got him with some torps, but not until I was pulverized myself.
View Quote
I've been feeling like fire is out of control for the past couple weeks.  I have had more situations where my BB has 3-4 fires going.  I just want to scuttle my own ship, it is so frustrating.  It seems to be a combination of increased damage/chance of fire from bombs, and huge increase in fires set by cruisers and DDs, as well as increase in actual ships that are more prone to setting fires.

ETA: Oh let's not forget "torpedo soup" as M82 calls it.  The preponderance of torpedoes passing by continuously through the match is obnoxious.  Torps need a maximum range of 10km, or smaller number launched when launching 20km.  I'd like to see the Shima only get 3 torps on the long range torps.  Launching 15 torps at the beginning of the match is fucking ridiculous.  What's even more ridiculous is the fact that it is a viable option that often nets a hit or two.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
we stopped playing the beloved Murmansk when it lost it's great range with the revision of the captain's skills.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

we stopped playing the beloved Murmansk when it lost it's great range with the revision of the captain's skills.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How long ago was that? I haven't played my Murmansk as much the last couple months but when I did recently I got my head kicked in every time in that thing. My Kutusuov is still great as a long range HE fire starter though.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#17]
maybe two months ago?  when all the captain skills got reset, and they took away Advanced Firing Training.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
after listening to a certain player go on and on about my grind of the Izumo, I decided to stop putting up with the suck.I free XP'd about 100K last night, sold a bunch of shit and bought Yamato.
View Quote

You guys are dicks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You guys are dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are dicks.
We'll see... I expect MM to pair us against 3 Shimakazes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
maybe two months ago?  when all the captain skills got reset, and they took away Advanced Firing Training.
View Quote

Yeah, that did suck, but even after the range nerf it still held its own against same tier cruisers.   I guess I can't make a lot of determination on 1 game, but felt like I was shooting at the Tenryo and Fuso with the deck gun from an Eerie.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You guys are dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are dicks.

I'm just here to break MM.

God knows I've been on the receiving end of it enough to earn some revenge.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What time? I can join in the Gearing.
View Quote

Around now-ish.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]

What

The

Fuck

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What

The

Fuck

http://i.imgur.com/ZyuKA2G.png
View Quote

It was like that all damn day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What

The

Fuck

View Quote

It's why I'm giving fewer and fewer  $ to war gaming.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What

The

Fuck

We actually won that one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Check your log-in email.

If you updated to the newest, there is a redeem email for another day of premium and 3 of each flag.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What

The

Fuck

I bet that pissed MM and RNGESUS off.  Peepers your Angus!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Check your log-in email.

If you updated to the newest, there is a redeem email for another day of premium and 3 of each flag.
View Quote
nice. I had deleted that email already, but it was still int he trash.

Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
nice. I had deleted that email already, but it was still int he trash.   Thanks for posting!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your log-in email.

nice. I had deleted that email already, but it was still int he trash.   Thanks for posting!

Was it from the normal World of Warships address?  I just saw the one from that had the "login before May 11th" to get the 3 days premium.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm having fun with the Texas.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Was it from the normal World of Warships address?  I just saw the one from that had the "login before May 11th" to get the 3 days premium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your log-in email.

This
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your log-in email.

This

Crap.  I redeemed it then dumped it before it crossed my mind to post on it.  It was in addition to the 3 days and came out the last few days; cannot recall the actual wording of the header.  Almost trashed it without looking out of habit.  It was WOWS specific but, may have come from wargaming.net.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone up for some team battles tonight? Or some t5-8 divisions? All I could find last night was a bunch of Yamato players bitching about DDs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll be on around 9.

and, I'll no doubt be bitching about DDs.  I fucking hate playing BBs right now.  Neverending torps coming from all over.  I spend more time dodging torps than focusing on shooting the enemy.  And this isn't because I am not cautious about where I am positioned, it is because of the 15km+ torps
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'll be on around 9.  

and, I'll no doubt be bitching about DDs.  I fucking hate playing BBs right now.  Neverending torps coming from all over.  I spend more time dodging torps than focusing on shooting the enemy.  And this isn't because I am not cautious about where I am positioned, it is because of the 15km+ torps
View Quote

Well, us DD drivers are bitching about Jap BBs lately. I put out a full spread of torps on a Nagato at less then 3k and the fucker dodged all of them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well, us DD drivers are bitching about Jap BBs lately. I put out a full spread of torps on a Nagato at less then 3k and the fucker dodged all of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be on around 9.  

shoot at a big fat Yamato, I can't dodge shit

The other day, in the backfield of my team, I was engage from three sides, kind of like a triangle.  I dodged two waves, but couldn't dodge the 3rd spread.  I think one was a torp squadron, and two came from enemy side of map
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Crap.  I redeemed it then dumped it before it crossed my mind to post on it.  It was in addition to the 3 days and came out the last few days; cannot recall the actual wording of the header.  Almost trashed it without looking out of habit.  It was WOWS specific but, may have come from wargaming.net.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your log-in email.

This

Dang. I don't remember seeing a second email. Had to dig through my trash folder to find the 3-day one with the deadline. Can't find anything else.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#39]
4 losses in a row on the Udaloi.  The teams have been really stinky tonight.

I've had BBs just go off in on the edge by themselves, and don't even engage any baddies until end game when they are the only ones left.  Worse than they, the BBs go off in a pack to the edge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be on around 9.  

If Yammy's get killed by torps it is generally b/c they aren't paying attention.  Torp speed + detection distance + planes everywhere + radar sonor + thick armored battleships really put a dent in how much torp damage is done.  

I've had yammy's dodge all 15 shima torps.  Could just be luck but it happens fairly consistently.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#41]
So, I'm in my Shimakaze in close combat with a fletcher. Friendly Mogami torps me with 4 torps. takes me from full health to dead instantly. I get compensated 86k. Repair cost is much more. I lost 36 in the match. That is bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

So, I'm in my Shimakaze in close combat with a fletcher. Friendly Mogami torps me with 4 torps. takes me from full health to dead instantly. I get compensated 86k. Repair cost is much more. I lost 36 in the match. That is bullshit.
View Quote
If you play devil's advocate, they don't want you driving into friendly torps to ensure a profit. Maybe.

Or just: Wargaming

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you play devil's advocate, they don't want you driving into friendly torps to ensure a profit. Maybe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I don't want a profit, but the dufus who sank me should pay for the cost of replacement I think.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I've seen A LOT more pink ships when I play now. It used to be once a week or so. Now it's 2-3 times a day. But i'm with you OP. I dodge more friendly torps then enemy ones in my DD's. I'll be in a knifefight with another DD and assclowns will be launching spreads 5-8km away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#45]
They changed the rules for team damage.
I believe that any team kill turns you pink now.

ETA found this on the forums.  My guess is they are trying to make people be more careful where they launch torps:
Other Changes and Fixes:
We increased the penalty for damaging and destroying allied ships. From now on, a player can receive "team killer" status even if they caused relatively slight damage to an ally. A player will instantly receive the "team killer" status when they destroy an allied ship
View Quote

EETA, also found this:

Just remember that pink now does double damage back to you for any teammate damage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I think I've gotten better at sky cancer...

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've seen A LOT more pink ships when I play now. It used to be once a week or so. Now it's 2-3 times a day. But i'm with you OP. I dodge more friendly torps then enemy ones in my DD's. I'll be in a knifefight with another DD and assclowns will be launching spreads 5-8km away.
View Quote

I have had at least 3-5 pink ships every day lately.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think I've gotten better at sky cancer...

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=88343
View Quote

Me and CVs do alright, I just get bored with them.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I like the players in this match, read the chat

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
How many teams do we have? Are there plans to do a clan or are we still gun shy from the WoT clans?
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top