BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. I have had it for quite a while and do well with it, 22 battles with 15 wins, 68%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the Warspite?

I am kicking ass in it. If you're a good BB driver you'll like this. The guns are punishing with HE or AP.

This. I have had it for quite a while and do well with it, 22 battles with 15 wins, 68%.

Tomorrow Husker fan. Tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the Warspite?

I am kicking ass in it. If you're a good BB driver you'll like this. The guns are punishing with HE or AP.

If we don't let you win every now and then you won't keep coming back for beatings.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If we don't let you win every now and then you won't keep coming back for beatings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the Warspite?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
found out that ranked battles only go up to level 10 for tier 6.  will need to grind a tier 7 to continue.

have the nagato researched, but haven't bought it yet--decent upgrade from the fuso?
View Quote

Lol no.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
found out that ranked battles only go up to level 10 for tier 6.  will need to grind a tier 7 to continue.

have the nagato researched, but haven't bought it yet--decent upgrade from the fuso?

Lol no.

I love the Nagato, it's such an easy target to light on fire and keep burning.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

got the aoba a couple of days ago, and am still getting used to the gameplay.  hate hate hate the no-forward-hemisphere torp arrangement, but the guns hit pretty hard on tier.

can't see myself keeping this one though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone found the Aoba worth keeping, once you have the Myoko?

Just bought the Myoko and trying to decide if I want to recoup the Aoba funds+port slot. I liked the Aoba, but I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

Especially if games like this (first in the ship, captain's not even retrained as I just put him over from the Aoba as a placeholder) are remotely common. Myoko seems better in almost every way so far.

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg</a>

got the aoba a couple of days ago, and am still getting used to the gameplay.  hate hate hate the no-forward-hemisphere torp arrangement, but the guns hit pretty hard on tier.

can't see myself keeping this one though.

I like it a lot better than the Furutaka, and it gets pretty good when fully upgraded. Armor isn't in the same league as the Cleveland (but what else does, tier for tier?) though it does benefit from angling. AA gets decent but not outstanding, and the 8" guns fire faster than the Pensacola's do at 7.
But everything about the Myoko seems better, so far.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If you guys haven't tried the Mahan yet, or if you tried it back in CBT, I'd try it.   It seems to have really gotten buffed.  I used to like it because it had the 12 torps, with 4 + 4, then the last 4 being switchable from each side.  This was nice if you could thread enemy ships and still shoot torps on both sides.. handy sometimes.  

Now, it has a longer torp range, so you actually get torp hits from firing torps on the edge of your detection range.  It also seems to have gotten a gun firing buff.  It fires very fast, and has great range if upgraded.  You can do alot of damage in it, especially if you charge in, get detected, pop smoke, launch torps, then keep dropping HE on targets.  Kind of like a lower tier Gearing.  Definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OMG the amount of fuckery in ranked battles is insane.  seems like there's always at least one guy who wants to lose.  

full hp farragut literally scurries away from a damaged minekaze, allowing the mini to rack up 3 more kills.  BB sits on one of the domination caps, and abjectly refuses to move...even though he's a NY and every target is outside of his range.  a kongo who could have simply driven to the edge of the map and parked his boat, resulting in a win.  instead, he chases 2 clevelands...who burn him down from full health.  a fuso ignores the warnings of every other ship on the team, and yolos off alone "to flank them"...only to provide a self-healing punching bag for 2 DDs and a CV who toy with him...and then whines that no one came all the way across the map to help him.  i tell a CV "don't sit there", and explain which square the enemy DD is going to appear out of, and why.  he calls me a noob...then complains when the enemy DD appears exactly where i said he would, and torps the idiot.

after winning my first 5-6 ranked battles, i've now lost 8 straight.

View Quote

Can't remember who it was on TS when I went through this (think it was Stryker) but I had a game on Strait where the two BBs decided to yolo to the south while the rest of the team went to cap A.  Told them it was a bad idea and that they were going to be torped by the enemy DD but they did it anyway and both died in under 5 minutes...  Somehow I was able to take the entire team on my shoulders and pull out a win, the Nurmberg is just that good.  Good news is once you hit rank 10 you can't drop below it anymore.  Just got the fighter module on my Ranger, so will be trying some ranked in that or my maxed Colorado after the 3x weekend is over.  Pics or it didn't happen:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#9]
There are a few here who actually have some fun in the Pensacola.
The New Orleans is like a big Russian DD.  Incredibly maneuverable for a cruiser, and the guns hurt everything they see

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know whats going on today but either I had the worst lag ever or someone wasn't playing on the up and up. This guy in a DD, hardcase11, was impossible to hit at point blank range with my Dresden. As in I did not hit him once. It looked like my shells were being repulsed like a magnet as soon as they got near his hull. Continuously  firing and at one point he was under 1km and not a single hit? I've never had that happen before. I got torped by his torps that looked like they were launched about 2km beyond where his ship was. It was freaking weird. My ping times were well under 100 and I never saw the lag light come on during the match.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.

For bringing up fires, I'll be sure to delete you first if I ever run up against you in game.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are a few here who actually have some fun in the Pensacola.The New Orleans is like a big Russian DD.  Incredibly maneuverable for a cruiser, and the guns hurt everything they see

View Quote

Except don't the shells have to achieve low earth orbit before they can hit anything?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For bringing up fires, I'll be sure to delete you first if I ever run up against you in game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.

LOL. I always target the biggest and baddest BB for a BBQ when in game. it deals the most punishment and is the easiest target to hit

ETA: if anyone wants to send me a friend request in there its exactly the same name I have here
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I think my earlier network issue might be because some fuckery between WoWS and the citrix server/vpn my wife uses for her work. Either that it's on my ISP's side. A little hard to tell at this point. Anyone else have weird problems if someone on your network trys to VPN?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Any recommendations for my 2nd and 3rd upgrade slots on the Fletcher? None of them look particularly appealing. I'm thinking of just going with the fire control 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any recommendations for my 2nd and 3rd upgrade slots on the Fletcher? None of them look particularly appealing. I'm thinking of just going with the fire control 1 and 2.
View Quote

What are your choices?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What are your choices?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What are your choices?

Slot 1:

Fire control: increases accuracy

Main battery: +10% loading speed, +15% traverse speed

Torpedoes: -10% repair speed, +20% traverse speed

AA: +20% max firing range

Slot 2:

Fire control: +16% max firing range

Main Battery: -12% load, -17% traverse

torpedoes: -15% reload, +50% chance of incapacitation

AA: +20% aa effectiveness

Just for shits and giggles I did the max firing range and the extra range captains skill and I got the range to around 16.3KM and that was without the actual fire control upgrade on the hull.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#19]
FYI...new name, same old cranky me.  If you can remember J____________16 you can figure out it is me.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1003418629-Just_the_tip_16/#tab=pvp/account-tab-overview-pvp
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh FUSO...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Dude... Your fucking screen name on WoWS  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Slot 1:

Slot 2:

Just for shits and giggles I did the max firing range and the extra range captains skill and I got the range to around 16.3KM and that was without the actual fire control upgrade on the hull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your choices?

Slot 1:

Slot 2:

Accuracy and increased ROF for an American DD. Hard to take advantage of the longer range with the low earth orbit shells.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL it's well loved by all.  I originally did it for WOT but it gets quite the reaction on ships as well.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#24]

I have a serious question for you cruiser drivers...is the Furutaka supposed to be this bad?

My main gripe is the horrific turret rotation time, what do they use to power them, hamsters?

Looking up the line, it doesn't get any better until like tier 8 or 9...I mean, how am I supposed to do the cruiser dance when my guns can't keep up without exposing my side for a fatal period of time?

Gah.

OK, the 10k torps are rather nice, but I sure wish there was a few more of them.

So...how are the mid-range German cruisers?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have a serious question for you cruiser drivers...is the Furutaka supposed to be this bad?

My main gripe is the horrific turret rotation time, what do they use to power them, hamsters?

Looking up the line, it doesn't get any better until like tier 8 or 9...I mean, how am I supposed to do the cruiser dance when my guns can't keep up without exposing my side for a fatal period of time?

Gah.

OK, the 10k torps are rather nice, but I sure wish there was a few more of them.

View Quote

Grind through the furutaka, and the aoba is much much MUCH better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Gah.

View Quote

Furry Taco is bad, but the rest of them from T6-8 are all fantastic with laser death cannons,  Ibuki at T9 is supposedly meh, but Zao is one of the best ships in the game.

German cruisers are meh T1-3, the T4 is fucking awful (some say worse than Furry taco), T5 and 6 are godlike, T7 is awful, and T8-10 are supposedly really good. The T10 is on parity with the Zao.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Gah.

View Quote

You must have missed all my Furrytaco rants in this thread lol. I think it's the worst ship in the game. At least what I've played so far. The Aoba is really nice. I like it a lot better than the Cleveland. It's like a baby battleship so play it more standoffish. Decent AA, Fighter, Main Guns, and Torpedoes so I find it very well balanced. From what I've seen the IJN CA's just keep getting better mostly. I also have an Atago and i'm enjoying it but still getting used to its nuances.

I haven't really built out any German CA's yet. I am using a built out Dresden for a free XP generator. I really like it. I think it's my favorite low tier ship to play since the St. Louis.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Gah.

View Quote

Free XP through it.  The Aoba, Myoki, Mogami, etc. are all very fun to play.

I killed a Furry in 3 salvos last night with my Cleveland.  7 Citadel hits from about 7km as he sat broad side stuck on an island.  He got off 2 shots at me since his turrets were pointed the other direction when I started the engagement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Holy crap it is total destroyer derp this morning.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

i hated the furutaka when i first got it, and hated to sell it when i finally finished with it.  it's not a particularly fun ship, but it can do a ton of damage when you learn its limitations and strengths.  

the beauty of the furu is that, where every other cruiser in the tier is shooting 6" guns, you are shooting 8" that can pen anything but a new mexico.  and you have those torps, which BBs always forget about.  with those advantages, plus the DD-like speed, you have the ability to put out a lot of hurt.

a normal bad furu battle goes like this...

>decide which flank to go.  mash full throttle and head that way.

>outdistance all your teammates, and arrive to be the first in line/first spotted.

>fire one volley.

>immediately take fire from 5 enemy ships.  get set on fire.  lose steering.  repair fire and steering.  get set on fire again.

>do a panicked 180, launching torps as you turn.

>depart visual range and breathe a huge sigh of relief.  get citadeled and die.

>hate ship even more.

most people play the furu like a USN CA or like a big DD.  this is the wrong way to do it--the furutaka is a very small, very fast BB.  play it almost exactly like a kongo (except don't take hits).  your best weapon is your speed, but you have so much speed that it's easy to drive yourself into trouble.  wherever you go, understand that you can't be the biggest target.  always be part of the group.  i spent a lot of time at 3/4 throttle, sitting in the middle of the pack firing HE, waiting to pick my spots.

when you see an opening, use your speed to close rapidly on a ship that is shooting at someone else, and erase the guy with citadels from those beautiful guns.  if you can get to 10km on good angles, clevelands will panic.  omahas will evaporate. even tier 5 BBs will have to stop shooting whatever they're shooting, and focus on you.  get in, get your hits, then use that speed to get back behind the pack and vanish (you have decent camo).  meanwhile, the pack will see who you are beating the hell out of, and focus them down (especially if you have called your target in chat beforehand--a good habit).

all of this takes a bit of planning, just like BB play.  if you think like a BB instead of a big DD, it gets a lot easier.   use your speed for transit and and for terminal attack runs--don't just run around getting ahead of everybody else, and don't charge into the middle of the enemy thinking you can make things up as you go along.  stay with the group > pick a target > set up your attack > hit it hard > run away.  same with the tier 6 aoba.

as for the germans, tier 4 is awful, but the tier 5 is legitimately OP, and tier 6 is potent as well.

edit: one final thought.  your priority targets in the furu are enemy cruisers--you are basically a cruiser-killer, not an escort.  you don't have the gun-handling or reload times to be fighting DDs, so don't try except in emergencies.  just latch onto a friendly BB (kongos are the best speed match), and shoot whatever cruiser is shooting him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#31]
You Ass Ass Naw'lans

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is your chance to get a Mikasa

or Tirpitz ...

WoWarships X-mas ornament comp.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

or Tirpitz ...

View Quote

Too much effort for a meh ship.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or Tirpitz ...

I do not want it either, but LP has been craving this ship like a junkie looking for a hit so we just dropped his entry off at the post office lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Heck I'll make one for a free ship and premium time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]

OK, put in a few more games with the Furrytaco...it's not as bad as I thought.

Going to have to grind through it, I don't have even a tenth of the amount needed to free XP through.

Getting used to the guns, they do shoot flat and hit hard, and it's not that difficult to citadel other cruisers.

The torps are an evil surprise for those who forget that I have them...when I can aim the damned things straight.

Sirensong is spot on in his description of my first few games before I got tired of butting my head against the wall and changed tactics.

Now I join the lemming rush and hope nobody notices me...a bit of a forlorn hope there, it's been common to find myself the target of every red ship around, even with a couple of friendly BB's nearby everyone is shooting at me.

I know why, too...it's squishy with great big citadels and steering gear that says 'Shoot Me Here!'

Sooo...everybody does.

I did have one interesting encounter with a German cruiser...he was on one side of an island, me on the other. He was moving very slowly, waiting on me, so I faked left and he started moving to my right...then I went hard right, and punched it up to full throttle.

Sure enough, he immediately moved towards my left again, towards the corner of the island.

I dropped a spread of torps aimed right at the corner, reduced speed and turned to open my side...and he walked right into it.

Only one torp hit, but that was all right, because all six 203mm AP shells punched right into his forward gun turret area at waterline.

It was one of those moments we all live for, utterly crushing your opponent with one massive strike...

...and then the very next game I got swatted by a New Mexico with one contemptuous salvo I never saw coming.

Karma, she's a bitch.

Thanks for the comments all.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#37]
It got buffed a few patches ago. Much better ship than it used to be.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I wallet warrior'd my way through the Furry Taco tonight in under 12 hours. Premium ships + XP flags = Aoba!  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Now I join the lemming rush and hope nobody notices me...a bit of a forlorn hope there, it's been common to find myself the target of every red ship around, even with a couple of friendly BB's nearby everyone is shooting at me.
View Quote

last suggestion, then i'll shut up.  one of the best survival tactics in the furu is to keep your finger off the trigger until you get quality shots.  it's not a DPM machine like the cleveland, where you always need to be shooting--it's a burst damage ship like a BB.  so it's really helpful to wait to shoot (and light yourself) until after everyone else engages.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

last suggestion, then i'll shut up.  one of the best survival tactics in the furu is to keep your finger off the trigger until you get quality shots.  it's not a DPM machine like the cleveland, where you always need to be shooting--it's a burst damage ship like a BB.  so it's really helpful to wait to shoot (and light yourself) until after everyone else engages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice, thanks.

Be the nasty little shit who puts the boot in when nobody is looking...I can do that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Stupid 3x weekends.  I'm like 3 for 20 now, and all 3 of those wins came in a division last night with wave_form.

Of course tonight with stryker and cadmium the one game we have a real chance of winning (way up on ship count) we get out capped because our amagi that is right by the cap circle will not go in the circle to pause the timer.

Oh, and yeah, RNG sucks hard.  I was getting set on fire left and right tonight in my Nurnberg, by a guy in a Nurnberg, which supposedly doesn't have much chance of setting fires, let along getting set on fire.  But of course I took close to 30K damage from HE / Fire, so break out the Atlanta to light some fires of my own.  156 HE hits...1....yes ONE!   fire set.

Amazing how hard wargaming screws you over when you are having some success.  Happens every time my win rate goes above 56%.

Stryker, Cad, no offense to you guys, but I have a strict rule of quitting after 3 consecutive losses.  I've found that once a losing streak starts, its all but impossible to play your  way out of it.  Not worth getting my BP up over it, so I just quit after 3 now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#42]
i hate the cleveland.  i just can't play the damn thing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Said one person EVER!

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Said one person EVER!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Said one person EVER!  

I don't really enjoy it either. I don't hate it like the Furrytaco but I rarely have a decent game in it. The hang time of the guns makes it a PITA to keep the stand off distance I like and when I get around 10km or so I seem to get chewed up by everything. I like the Omaha better. I'm wondering if i'll even go past the Cleveland in the USN CA line. I'm thinking of getting into a BB or CV since I've never played CV's and I haven't gone through a BB line since it was in beta.

Speaker of CV's I hardly see them anymore. Like maybe 1 game in 4 i'll see some.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't really enjoy it either. I don't hate it like the Furrytaco but I rarely have a decent game in it. The hang time of the guns makes it a PITA to keep the stand off distance I like and when I get around 10km or so I seem to get chewed up by everything. I like the Omaha better. I'm wondering if i'll even go past the Cleveland in the USN CA line. I'm thinking of getting into a BB or CV since I've never played CV's and I haven't gone through a BB line since it was in beta.

Speaker of CV's I hardly see them anymore. Like maybe 1 game in 4 i'll see some.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Said one person EVER!  

Hope you like waiting 5+ minutes for MM to find an on-tier CV for you to play against.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Said one person EVER!  

The Cleve's are excellent BB flame throwers and devastating against destroyers.

The key to surviving combat with other cruisers is to make damn sure you are not giving them your broadside.

I keep my Cleveland for bonus days, ranked battles and General fuckery when higher tiers are pissing me off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#47]

holy shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Said one person EVER!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Said one person EVER!  

Ok I don't hate the Cleveland, but in all honesty I'm not overwhelmed by it either. Compared to the Japanese cruiser line the american cruiser line feels stagnant, there isn't much of a game changer in the american ships. The Aoba feels like a much more versatile ship compared to the Cleveland.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#50]
And the trend continues.  1 for 5 tonight.  Incredible how hard teams try to lose easy games.   I have 3 ships that I actually got 3x games this week...a few of them I got twice.   Un fucking real.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top