Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Meanwhile, Stryker was busted for sailing while intoxicated.   He was immediately fired by the Russian Government Maritime Ministry for drinking Rum, not Vodka on the state owned vessel.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-sailor-drank-half-litre-of-rum-before-running-aground-at-full-speed-leaking-25-tonnes-of-marine-oil-gas/ar-BBnjLWD?li=BBnb7Kz
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meanwhile, Stryker was busted for sailing while intoxicated.   He was immediately fired by the Russian Government Maritime Ministry for drinking Rum, not Vodka on the state owned vessel.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-sailor-drank-half-litre-of-rum-before-running-aground-at-full-speed-leaking-25-tonnes-of-marine-oil-gas/ar-BBnjLWD?li=BBnb7Kz
View Quote

WHAT IS PROBLEM?! MAKE UNSCHEDULE DELIVERY. PARK PERFECTLY. RUM WAS ONLY THINK ON SHIP,  DUMB ENGINEER YURI DUMP VODKA TANK INSTEAD OF SEWAGE.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I know Russian air crew members were usually drunk or smoking weed on their planes when we would load them in Iraq so this doesn't suprise me. LOL
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Show a brother a little love here guys, For the life of me I can't get Aslian's mods to DL on my computer AVG flags it as a virus, and Chrome pings it as Malware? doesn't seem to matter if I direct download or use his file provider. Any ideas.?

M256
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an amazing weekend. The RNG God's must have smiled upon me. Well except for my Atlanta, that thing couldn't get out of it's own way but my other 7 ships I was tearing it up!

I guess i'll have to break down and get the Atago as i'd like to play some higher tier matches with something other than my Benson. It'll be awhile before my CA's move past Tier 6 since i'm grinding through my USN DD line now with all my free XP.

I still regret not buying the Tirpitz.

Fun fact, I was playing two brothers and the other team actually rushed the YOLO hole and almost won! They waited long enough for the forces to split around each side of the islands and came through en masse and things got dicey for awhile. YOLOllercaust!

The biggest thing that is driving my nuts with the game is the automated messages. Between the people that spam the grid coordinates 800000000 times and then the non-stop auto message spamming it's impossible to have relevant tactical or strategic conversations in-game a lot of times now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Show a brother a little love here guys, For the life of me I can't get Aslian's mods to DL on my computer AVG flags it as a virus, and Chrome pings it as Malware? doesn't seem to matter if I direct download or use his file provider. Any ideas.?

M256
View Quote

I had to download with Firefox.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

M256
View Quote
I used IE

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I used IE  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M256
I used IE  

Annnnd you're infected!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Annnnd you're infected!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M256
I used IE  

Annnnd you're infected!

IE worked for me. Yes, IE is almost a virus
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had an amazing weekend. The RNG God's must have smiled upon me. Well except for my Atlanta, that thing couldn't get out of it's own way but my other 7 ships I was tearing it up!
View Quote

Don't have an Atlanta but I had some really good games this weekend and still had an abyssal win rate to show for it .  The last game I play last evening in my Murmansk I had 8 torp hits, numerous citadels and 4 kills and it was still me again 5 ships at the end of the battle.  I got two of them before they took my down but it's disappointing some of the mouth breathers that play.  Just like tanks I guess, not sure why I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't have an Atlanta but I had some really good games this weekend and still had an abyssal win rate to show for it .  The last game I play last evening in my Murmansk I had 8 torp hits, numerous citadels and 4 kills and it was still me again 5 ships at the end of the battle.  I got two of them before they took my down but it's disappointing some of the mouth breathers that play.  Just like tanks I guess, not sure why I'm surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I lost a really close game because idiots kept leaving the cap. It wound up being me and one guy on the other team and he had like 3 seconds of a lead on the cap timer because the other CA and DD in my cap decided that they were going to wander off and do something. This was after half my team agreed in chat that capping was stupid. I had five kills that game in my dresden. I was not a happy camper.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my video card UPGRAYEDD coming on Wednesday. My 10+ year old cable modem and router are being replaced tomorrow as well. I am looking forward to this weekend!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Stryker, Coolhand, and I had a good run last night.  We squeaked out a few games that the teams tried to lose, but overall did really good.

One of the fun things of the night was multiple citadel hits on a Langley with my Gnevny, with HE no less.  I was hoping to set a few fires on his deck to keep his planes from launching, but once I started to get cits, I just kept on going.  Think I ended up with 7 citadel hits on him!

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
FINALLY got past that POS Karl's and on to my Nuremberg.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I used IE  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M256
I used IE  

Yeah had to breakdown and use IE but it's sure nice to have all the mods back. Thanks for the info

M256
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

don't overlook the konig--that thing is an absolute riot.  can't take a hit, but for some reason people don't prioritize them as targets.  you can absolutely murder CAs--last night i had a pensacola freaking out that i wiped him out from full health.  just waited until he was looking the other direction, then popped out at 7km and let loose with the AP.  by the time he got his guns around, i had gotten in something like 30 hits and 4 citadels.

then a bird landed on my bow, which knocked out 2 turrets and made my ship explode.

seriously--it can't take hits.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Karl's shoe is covered in doodoo.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Got the Kiev tonight.  5 wins out of 5 games stock lol. Really liking it so far Now have my Capt. skills unlocked.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

don't overlook the konig--that thing is an absolute riot.  can't take a hit, but for some reason people don't prioritize them as targets.  you can absolutely murder CAs--last night i had a pensacola freaking out that i wiped him out from full health.  just waited until he was looking the other direction, then popped out at 7km and let loose with the AP.  by the time he got his guns around, i had gotten in something like 30 hits and 4 citadels.

then a bird landed on my bow, which knocked out 2 turrets and made my ship explode.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Konigsberg is a monster. Have like a 65% win rate in it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got the Kiev tonight.  5 wins out of 5 games stock lol. Really liking it so far Now have my Capt. skills unlocked.
View Quote

Is most glorious ship Komrade! Stronk like bear!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stryker, Coolhand, and I had a good run last night.  We squeaked out a few games that the teams tried to lose, but overall did really good.

One of the fun things of the night was multiple citadel hits on a Langley with my Gnevny, with HE no less.  I was hoping to set a few fires on his deck to keep his planes from launching, but once I started to get cits, I just kept on going.  Think I ended up with 7 citadel hits on him!

View Quote

Gnevny is absolute beast mode ship. Love that thing
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da.. even drunk of vodka my crew were stronk like bear.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What mean "even??"

Soviet ship sink if crew sober! And boilers not have anythink to burn if no vodka!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#24]
played a few ranked battles tonight--it's actually worth it for the flags.

gotta love free swag.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone found the Aoba worth keeping, once you have the Myoko?

Just bought the Myoko and trying to decide if I want to recoup the Aoba funds+port slot. I liked the Aoba, but I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

Especially if games like this (first in the ship, captain's not even retrained as I just put him over from the Aoba as a placeholder) are remotely common. Myoko seems better in almost every way so far.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#26]
So I tried to download the Aslain's modpack and whatever I did riddled my computer with about 20 types of AIDS. It took me all day yesterday to get it cleaned and restored.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I tried to download the Aslain's modpack and whatever I did riddled my computer with about 20 types of AIDS. It took me all day yesterday to get it cleaned and restored.
View Quote

Did you click on anything other than the exact download?

Aslain's WoWs
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Aslain's WoWs
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aslain's WoWs

It downloaded the modpack but it fucked up my computer somthing fierce. I"m at work now so I can't view that link as it's blocked. I'm not going to bother with it after yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just bought the Myoko and trying to decide if I want to recoup the Aoba funds+port slot. I liked the Aoba, but I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

Especially if games like this (first in the ship, captain's not even retrained as I just put him over from the Aoba as a placeholder) are remotely common. Myoko seems better in almost every way so far.

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg</a>
View Quote

got the aoba a couple of days ago, and am still getting used to the gameplay.  hate hate hate the no-forward-hemisphere torp arrangement, but the guns hit pretty hard on tier.

can't see myself keeping this one though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/b9f4da40-e4fd-4427-9ca4-2a8fa5ccd116.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/e7b0f2cf-a59f-42c1-8326-1a766fd75cb6.jpg</a>
View Quote

If you like your Aoba, you can keep your Aoba!

It is a good ship at Tier 6, but is it the best?  That probably comes down to your play style.   Personally I kept the Cleveland as a Tier 6 cruiser, and sold the Aoba to get up to the Myoki.  And it just keeps getting better from there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Warspite and Nicholai are going to go up for sale Friday in the Premium Shop...

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/59265-so-black-friday-announcement-mikasa/
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Warspite and Nicholai are going to go up for sale Friday in the Premium Shop...

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/59265-so-black-friday-announcement-mikasa/
View Quote

Great, now I HAVE to spend money.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Me too
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#34]
OMG the amount of fuckery in ranked battles is insane.  seems like there's always at least one guy who wants to lose.  

full hp farragut literally scurries away from a damaged minekaze, allowing the mini to rack up 3 more kills.  BB sits on one of the domination caps, and abjectly refuses to move...even though he's a NY and every target is outside of his range.  a kongo who could have simply driven to the edge of the map and parked his boat, resulting in a win.  instead, he chases 2 clevelands...who burn him down from full health.  a fuso ignores the warnings of every other ship on the team, and yolos off alone "to flank them"...only to provide a self-healing punching bag for 2 DDs and a CV who toy with him...and then whines that no one came all the way across the map to help him.  i tell a CV "don't sit there", and explain which square the enemy DD is going to appear out of, and why.  he calls me a noob...then complains when the enemy DD appears exactly where i said he would, and torps the idiot.

after winning my first 5-6 ranked battles, i've now lost 8 straight.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Warspite it is
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Me too
View Quote

Well... there goes $50. Damn you wargaming. Damn you.

Why'd they have to make both ships BBs? I HAVE to buy BBs. It's like they're out to get me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Warspite it is
View Quote

Get both!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OMG the amount of fuckery in ranked battles is insane.  seems like there's always at least one guy who wants to lose.  

full hp farragut literally scurries away from a damaged minekaze, allowing the mini to rack up 3 more kills.  BB sits on one of the domination caps, and abjectly refuses to move...even though he's a NY and every target is outside of his range.  a kongo who could have simply driven to the edge of the map and parked his boat, resulting in a win.  instead, he chases 2 clevelands...who burn him down from full health.  a fuso ignores the warnings of every other ship on the team, and yolos off alone "to flank them"...only to provide a self-healing punching bag for 2 DDs and a CV who toy with him...and then whines that no one came all the way across the map to help him.  i tell a CV "don't sit there", and explain which square the enemy DD is going to appear out of, and why.  he calls me a noob...then complains when the enemy DD appears exactly where i said he would, and torps the idiot.

View Quote

What happened is exactly what a lot of people complained about during the first season.  They've made the rewards high enough, and the barriers to entry low enough, that a lot of the newbs and speed grinders are attracted to the games for the opportunity to win more cash and prizes than in a regular pub match.   The result is guys with < 50 games that speed ground up to a Tier 5 or 6 ship now want to jump into a ranked battle system, where EVERY ship has to pull its weight in order to win.

The intent of ranked battles was to provide players a chance to compete against players of similar ability, but it has turned into even more of a cluster than pub battles.   I don't like to lose, but if I am playing with other good players and we just get out played by the opponent, I can live with that.   But when guys do the stupid stuff you just described, it really gets under my skin.

On a  positive note, I am thankful for the Murmansk this Thanksgiving!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#39]
50 FREE FLAGS AND 1 DAY PREMIUM from Alienware

WOWSALIENWARE

Only problem, WOWS Bonus activation page is broken.

Anyone have a working link to activate a bonus code?

ETA: looks like it may have expired last night.  But I can't check, because the Activate Bonus Page link fails.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
50 FREE FLAGS AND 1 DAY PREMIUM from Alienware

WOWSALIENWARE

Only problem, WOWS Bonus activation page is broken.

Anyone have a working link to activate a bonus code?

ETA: looks like it may have expired last night.  But I can't check, because the Activate Bonus Page link fails.

View Quote

Direct link to code page

Edit - It appears the premium shop is down at this time..  The links from any page fails.  Just wanted to check out the boats they are having for sale.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What happened is exactly what a lot of people complained about during the first season.  They've made the rewards high enough, and the barriers to entry low enough, that a lot of the newbs and speed grinders are attracted to the games for the opportunity to win more cash and prizes than in a regular pub match.   The result is guys with < 50 games that speed ground up to a Tier 5 or 6 ship now want to jump into a ranked battle system, where EVERY ship has to pull its weight in order to win.

The intent of ranked battles was to provide players a chance to compete against players of similar ability, but it has turned into even more of a cluster than pub battles.   I don't like to lose, but if I am playing with other good players and we just get out played by the opponent, I can live with that.   But when guys do the stupid stuff you just described, it really gets under my skin.

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.11.25_22.28.37-0097_zpsebzqiqhy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.11.25_22.28.37-0097_zpsebzqiqhy.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.11.25_22.28.37-0097_zpsebzqiqhy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.11.25_22.28.37-0097_zpsebzqiqhy.jpg</a>

Da.. Murmansk is Russian stronk

And another Russian stronk wessel.. the Kiev!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I picked up the Atago and Warspite today. 7 of my 10 ships get me free XP now.

As mentioned elsewhere ranked battles are just terrible. Almost every game i've been in at least 1 person is AFK and everyone lone wolfs it. I'm usually playing a cruiser so if the pack breaks up there's not much I can do unless I can engage someone that's already engaged elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#43]
found out that ranked battles only go up to level 10 for tier 6.  will need to grind a tier 7 to continue.

have the nagato researched, but haven't bought it yet--decent upgrade from the fuso?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
found out that ranked battles only go up to level 10 for tier 6.  will need to grind a tier 7 to continue.

have the nagato researched, but haven't bought it yet--decent upgrade from the fuso?
View Quote

Little Pony hated it. He said the Colorado with it's better Alpha damage is preferable.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Little Pony hated it. He said the Colorado with it's better Alpha damage is preferable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the colorado was supposed to be awful?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#46]
How is the Warspite?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

How is the Warspite?
View Quote

I am kicking ass in it. If you're a good BB driver you'll like this. The guns are punishing with HE or AP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It got buffed last patch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How is the Warspite?
View Quote

I haven't tried it yet.. did 5 games in the Nicholai. Went 3 wins 2 losses and sunk 5 ships. Just finally got the commander points to level 3 so it should do better now even. After that we had to play Murmansk as LP is a bit credit short atm. Overall so far we are 7-2 on the day and have had decenty games every match so far. Nothing really earth shattering, but nothing bad at all.

I will dive into the Warspite later tonight. I am off tomorrow, but LP has to work so I will have time to roll some games in it later on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I am kicking ass in it. If you're a good BB driver you'll like this. The guns are punishing with HE or AP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the Warspite?

This. I have had it for quite a while and do well with it, 22 battles with 15 wins, 68%.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top