BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
  There was only one DD on the map and he was being actively spotted at 15-20km away on the other side of the map.

I'm guessing it's some glitch for a hidden spotter plane from some of the other comments. I've noticed the catapult launched planes never show distance to me when I use the ALT button to get info on them either.
View Quote

Spotter plane of a dead ship and unseen DD are the only "anomolies" I have discovered on the spotting mechanics.  Everything else works like clockwork from what I have tested.

and FYI, Aslain's had a modpack update today.  Maybe the training room is fixed!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Spotter plane of a dead ship and unseen DD are the only "anomolies" I have discovered on the spotting mechanics.  Everything else works like clockwork from what I have tested.

and FYI, Aslain's had a modpack update today.  Maybe the training room is fixed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was only one DD on the map and he was being actively spotted at 15-20km away on the other side of the map.

I'm guessing it's some glitch for a hidden spotter plane from some of the other comments. I've noticed the catapult launched planes never show distance to me when I use the ALT button to get info on them either.

It would have to be a spotter plane then. The time I noticed it happening multiple times on the same map there was only one enemy DD alive and he wasn't in my area. I just thought it was weird because it was the ship detection that kept showing up and not an aircraft detection warning.

Is there any fix to getting distances put on catapult launched aircraft? This is one of my biggest pet peeves because I have to try to track them off the minimap instead of doing a quick ALT check to see if they're closing on me or if I can go after them if I have good AA.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't played since they unborked AP for BBs, but during OCT, I was having crazy issues with my smoke.
I would drop smoke, slow up, and turn back into it. I would then not be able to spot ships within 8km, CAs and BBs, while they had me spotted...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I haven't played since they unborked AP for BBs, but during OCT, I was having crazy issues with my smoke.
I would drop smoke, slow up, and turn back into it. I would then not be able to spot ships within 8km, CAs and BBs, while they had me spotted...
View Quote

All those calculations are handled server side, so there has to be something else at play in that instance.

If you can't see them, but they can see you, then you're the only one within spotting range of those ships, but your smoke has hindered your ability to see them.  As to them shooting you, are you actually spotted, or are they shooting at where your tracers are coming from.

I blind shoot stuff in smoke all the time by "guessing" or tracking tracers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All those calculations are handled server side, so there has to be something else at play in that instance.

If you can't see them, but they can see you, then you're the only one within spotting range of those ships, but your smoke has hindered your ability to see them.  As to them shooting you, are you actually spotted, or are they shooting at where your tracers are coming from.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has happened a couple of times before, that my smoke has screened me from seeing the enemy and done little to nothing to hide me.

I was being spotted, my 1 point detection skill warning was up, not popping up now and then like it does when you pop smoke at full speed. That's why it was so ridiculous to me.
There was a friendly CV and BB somewhat in the vicinity but they may have been screened by the island or out of range. I was diving in against their flanking task force trying to protect/distract them so my BB and CV could make a run for it.

Hell, one time an enemy DD dropped smoke 2-3km away from me and it screened him and his torps until ~1km, this was before Russian DDs btw.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to show how OP the Kiev is (this is not a double)

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We need to all be using the same reticle then.  The leads I would call out would be useless otherwise  (Cry Havoc sight by ephex).

I like some of the other reticles out there, but for some reason, this one just clicks with me gunnery wise.

Cool thing about the training room is I can pick whatever targets you want, whatever map you want, and then we can all be on the same team with me spotting in a DD, and you guys taking/practicing max range shots to start.  Then we can work inwards from there (including maps that have islands and how to ambush/shoot over/around islands and such).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Aslain un-borks the training room quick, I want to do a few runs with you on long range gunnery. I need practice.

We need to all be using the same reticle then.  The leads I would call out would be useless otherwise  (Cry Havoc sight by ephex).

I like some of the other reticles out there, but for some reason, this one just clicks with me gunnery wise.

Cool thing about the training room is I can pick whatever targets you want, whatever map you want, and then we can all be on the same team with me spotting in a DD, and you guys taking/practicing max range shots to start.  Then we can work inwards from there (including maps that have islands and how to ambush/shoot over/around islands and such).

wait--there are training rooms?  i want to go to there.

i r noob.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Have they created a system for Clans/Navies/Divisions/whatever yet?

I'd love to partake in a teamspeak controlled ARFCOM rampage.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not yet.  But there are usually several of us on after 9pm EST on TeamSpeak.  Usually have a couple of divisions running, and from time to time will try to count into the same match if we are running the same tier ships.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Aslain un-borks the training room quick, I want to do a few runs with you on long range gunnery. I need practice.

I'm ok with standardizing.  I like the dragonfly reticle, but can try the cryhavok.

In the mean time, as we play calling out leads in ship lengths is at least a short term option.  Leisure and I were doing that in our Tirpitz's last night.  While we lost the game, once we got a firing solution worked out we were hitting pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm ok with standardizing.  I like the dragonfly reticle, but can try the cryhavok.

In the mean time, as we play calling out leads in ship lengths is at least a short term option.  Leisure and I were doing that in our Tirpitz's last night.  While we lost the game, once we got a firing solution worked out we were hitting pretty regularly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A wonderful side benefit is focused fire.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not yet.  But there are usually several of us on after 9pm EST on TeamSpeak.  Usually have a couple of divisions running, and from time to time will try to count into the same match if we are running the same tier ships.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.
I used to play with Journeyman and his crew quite a bit but it's been a while.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.

does he still stream?  i've been by a couple of times, but it's always someone else.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

does he still stream?  i've been by a couple of times, but it's always someone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.

Yes he does
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
- info: it's unlikely that Training Room enabler will be updated anytime soon, WG protected files that are responsible for that mod, and it's impossible to make it. There is a trick however to enable that Training Room, but it's very complicated to set up
View Quote

What the fuck, WG? Seriously?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i r noob.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i r noob.

Only when we can get it working with a mod since WG won't just enable it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes he does
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.

Yes he does

oh i've already got it bookmarked, but i've stopped by a few times over the last couple of weeks, and it's always some other guy (who employs insufficient amounts of profanity, jameson, and screaming).

IOW...boring.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i r noob.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried that reticle... I did awful with it. The aim point is off... where you're aiming doesn't match the bottom of the tick marks and I was putting my shots high. Lost a duel to a Cleveland in a Fuso at 4km.

I use Krab V3
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you actively firing your deck guns?  That would be the only thing that could make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am getting detected when no one is around in my DD. It's weird. Closest ship was over 9.5km away. I'm in a Benson. Only one other DD on the map and he's about 20km away. No aircraft are up. My "spotted" alert keeps popping up and i get tagged from CA's and DD's over 10km away. What is going on?

Are you actively firing your deck guns?  That would be the only thing that could make sense.

Yeah, WTF is up with people randomly firing at nothing at the start of the match?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, WTF is up with people randomly firing at nothing at the start of the match?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am getting detected when no one is around in my DD. It's weird. Closest ship was over 9.5km away. I'm in a Benson. Only one other DD on the map and he's about 20km away. No aircraft are up. My "spotted" alert keeps popping up and i get tagged from CA's and DD's over 10km away. What is going on?

Makes no sense to me.  People used to do the same thing in WOT.  They were saying they were swapping ammo, but that makes no sense since you can just hit the number 2x for the round you want.

Some guys do it just to mess around, and some just don't know any better.  I know a couple nights ago Liesure was alt-tabbed out of the loading screen and it fired automatically when he came back into the game, so perhaps there is a little bug or glitch that causes that to happen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I do it on occasion.
Most of the time I'm just messing around or trying to wake up an AFK, sometimes I am blind firing at choke points/cap points, other times I'm testing the reload speed or trajectory of a new ship/upgrade and a few times it is just an accidental click.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I do it on occasion.
Most of the time I'm just messing around or trying to wake up an AFK, sometimes I am blind firing at choke points/cap points, other times I'm testing the reload speed or trajectory of a new ship/upgrade and a few times it is just an accidental click.
View Quote

I've hammered cruisers at the start of games in my BBs when they light up from shooting in spawn, just so you know.  I think Leisure has done the same thing, IIRC....along with several others.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Makes no sense to me.  People used to do the same thing in WOT.  They were saying they were swapping ammo, but that makes no sense since you can just hit the number 2x for the round you want.

Some guys do it just to mess around, and some just don't know any better.  I know a couple nights ago Liesure was alt-tabbed out of the loading screen and it fired automatically when he came back into the game, so perhaps there is a little bug or glitch that causes that to happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do it on ocassion for one round when the match starts. Just to see where the volume is at. No clue about people who shoot a mountain for 2 minutes.

Holy shit. Haven't played in a few weeks and thought I would log in an get a couple of quick matches. 3GB download for the patches.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
The more I see the Atlanta played the more I want to buy one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a ship you can either do really well in or really terrible in. What ship class is your favorite?
I have a love/hate relationship with mine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
It can quickly do massive amounts of damage with HE rounds, or with AA to aircraft.  AA has fantastic range, and the big AA guns can one shot aircraft.  The main guns have limited range, and in order for you to hit your target, you are always well within their range, meaning that they will be shooting you first.

It can be destroyed just as quickly.  It's main defense is a good offense, and it is very fast and maneuverable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's a ship you can either do really well in or really terrible in. What ship class is your favorite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to play BBs and CAs, I use my CAs to hunt DDs as well as burn BBs to the bottom of the ocean.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Once I got the extended range captain skill my Atlanta enjoyment went up a lot. It's a fantastic support ship for AA cover, DD screening, and to jump on an already engaged target. Just hang back and wait for aircraft or your longer range ships to engage then when someone's committed to another ship move in and pound them with HE bukkake.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#30]
weird night last night.  had a number of battles where it seemed like the no-citadel bug was back.  then it was like a switch got flipped, and suddenly i could citadel BBs with hurtful words or stern glances.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#31]
also, konigsberg is a hoot.

and i usually hate cruisers
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
also, konigsberg is a hoot.

and i usually hate cruisers
View Quote

Wait for the Nurnberg.  Shooting every 6 seconds before any captain skills take effect...
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
weird night last night.  had a number of battles where it seemed like the no-citadel bug was back.  then it was like a switch got flipped, and suddenly i could citadel BBs with hurtful words or stern glances.
View Quote

What you are experiencing is known as RNG my friend.  

Yeah yeah yeah, Wargaming says it doesn't have RNG for damage and citadels in WOWs...that the model is complex enough that it doesn't require RNG.   The light switch is real and depends on which RNG you are bless or cursed with in a game.   Kinda like the RNG on how much fire damage you'll take in a game.  Some games your ship seems to have decks that have been freshly swabbed with gasoline and gunpowder, and you burn down very quickly.  Other matches you can sail right into the HE pain rainbow of an Atlanta and not so much as even get a scorch mark.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I like to play BBs and CAs, I use my CAs to hunt DDs as well as burn BBs to the bottom of the ocean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You *might* like Atlanta. Just play it like a large, mentally disabled DD.

Or buy an Atago.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Ranked battles are back. I just saved my team in my Cleveland and got a thumbs up vote.
254 hits, three ships sunk including a FUSO and their carrier and 5k xp non premium.

End then get in a match where we lose because both cruisers are fucking retards running around the map not fighting.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#36]
So I just did 1200 damage on 52 HE hits in my slavshit DD. How is that even possible? Definitely not on RNjesus's good side tonight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So I just did 1200 damage on 52 HE hits in my slavshit DD. How is that even possible? Definitely not on RNjesus's good side tonight.
View Quote

If you're aiming for the armor belt, you'll get a lot of bounces. You need to aim for superstructure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I love this Dresden. I got a citadel with HE in it lol. It is a pure HE bukkake machine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ranked battles are back. I just saved my team in my Cleveland and got a thumbs up vote.
254 hits, three ships sunk including a FUSO and their carrier and 5k xp non premium.

End then get in a match where we lose because both cruisers are fucking retards running around the map not fighting.
View Quote

I played a couple ranked games but didn't win any. If you have even one retard on your team, you are fucked and fucked I was. Made lots of new friends though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I played a couple ranked games but didn't win any. If you have even one retard on your team, you are fucked and fucked I was. Made lots of new friends though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ranked battles were pretty bad.  Thunder had a good run though...he was getting game after game against the baddies.  I was on the win 1 / lose 1 rotation last night so really didn't make any ground up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I continue on my yo-yo in ranked battles.   Has taken me close to 15 battles now to get to rank 13.   Typically wargaming reward system incents folks to speed grind through or just go AFK and hope for a win.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#43]
100k torp damage?  Yes please!

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#44]
this ship can lay down the pain with it's moderately quick firing 203's:  HE or AP.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
this ship can lay down the pain with it's moderately quick firing 203's:  HE or AP.

http://i.imgur.com/V2ugQl1.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually find myself looking forward to that, versus the pensi
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pensi is really just a bigger Atlanta, with more range. I just had a great match in it, but "Thanks ATT U-Verse Obama!" my game logged out, so I don't have screenshot.

In true WGing fashion... I mentioned I was 66% in my Pensacola earlier in the week.  I just checked and I am now 51%.  Thanks for keeping my ego in check, WGing!

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you're aiming for the armor belt, you'll get a lot of bounces. You need to aim for superstructure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I am using AP, I aim for the waterline if I am close.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he's using HE.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small caliber AP can do serious dmg if you shoot it into the superstructure as well....

I routinely get 9000+ dmg volleys in BB superstructures in my Cleveland.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top