View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click your captains profile

Where is that?

Its like wot click the picture of your capt. top right

Do you have to be a level 4 player first as well to access the profile?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A guy told me WoT will be pretty desolate once WoW gets out of beta.
View Quote

Maybe, I dunno.  It doesn't scratch that itch that WOT seems too.  They compliment each other fairly well though and I like nuking ships with torps.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe, I dunno.  It doesn't scratch that itch that WOT seems too.  They compliment each other fairly well though and I like nuking ships with torps.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A guy told me WoT will be pretty desolate once WoW gets out of beta.

Lets also not forget that a lot of people have a lot of money plugged into WoT. I don't think people will be walking away from that in droves.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If it gets as popular as WOT, I'm sure there will be all sorts of XVM mods for it and stats will be kept.  I have found myself already checking my profile page to see what my win rate is (48%) and trying to check my after battle damage and kill reports to make sure I'm averaging > 1 kills and > my own damage.   I'm not there yet, but given that we're all pretty motivated to win and also perform at a high level, I'm sure we'll find ways to compare our performance.  :)

What are you guys doing as far as shooting AP or HE?   I've been trying to use HE at first to set ships on fire and do some critical damage, and then switching to AP.   I am not quite able to tell which is better.   Seems like visually the HE shells do more damage but that could just be the special effects.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just hope they never have stats for this game. It kinda took away from the fun of tanks.

If it gets as popular as WOT, I'm sure there will be all sorts of XVM mods for it and stats will be kept.  I have found myself already checking my profile page to see what my win rate is (48%) and trying to check my after battle damage and kill reports to make sure I'm averaging > 1 kills and > my own damage.   I'm not there yet, but given that we're all pretty motivated to win and also perform at a high level, I'm sure we'll find ways to compare our performance.  :)

What are you guys doing as far as shooting AP or HE?   I've been trying to use HE at first to set ships on fire and do some critical damage, and then switching to AP.   I am not quite able to tell which is better.   Seems like visually the HE shells do more damage but that could just be the special effects.

Still at really low tier, but I shoot HE for broadsides on DDs and C*s if they're broadside or up to 45 degrees.  For BBs and ventral shots, I switch to AP.  Seems to be working, although I've taken a couple of BBs to the face in the last day or so, and wasn't able to take full advantage of the AP switch.
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just hope they never have stats for this game. It kinda took away from the fun of tanks.

Yep,
if that happens they ones playing for the stats will be the ones
hanging way back and farming damage. They'll let others duke it out one
by one, offering no assistance, and then after others have softened the
enemy up, damaged their guns, turrets, steering, and propultion systems,
they'll move in at full health, rack up massive damage, and get credit
for the kill. And those will be the same ones bitching about the
"tomatos", you know, the ones who they are using and let sacrificing
themselves in order for them to have the good stats that they'll have.
Having in game mods like aiming reticles and mini map mods will be cool,
but having anything like in game XVM stats will make the game so less
enjoyable.

I'm seeing that already in Co-op.  3 or 4 ships will get stuck in against twice their number, while 2 or 3 will linger far out on the fringes.  Since I've been playing overly aggressively (the better to learn leads/damage potential/etc) I've gotten sunk in mid-game several times.  A typical match will see our BB (or high level cruiser) duking it out to its doom while a couple of full health ships lurk at the outskirts of the map offering zero support until the last second when the enemy ships are at slivers of health, whereupon they race in and try for the finishing salvos.

I AM also seeing a considerable amount of lurking behind islands.  The peek-a-boom is alive in WoWS.  

Only time will tell if the game falls to the system gamers to the point where it's WoT on water.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't think so. I haven't found a spot on a ship of any class yet that can't be penetrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the game replicate immune zones for armored warships?

I don't think so. I haven't found a spot on a ship of any class yet that can't be penetrated.
Well at least they got rid of that whole power creep thing out of the way from the get go.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do yourselves a favor if you haven't worked everything out already: look up the WoWs Captain's Academy and watch the videos.
View Quote

Good series!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Spent a few hours watching videos...

...I said I was gonna wait for a while before playing.

Yeah, no.

Raises hand for beta key if you have a spare.

Damn it. As if I wasn't spending enough time on the PC as it is...

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is a Control Cheat Sheet I made:

WOW Controls

Click once on Left Mouse Button to fire Main Caliber shot.

Double click Left Mouse Button to fire with all aiming and loaded Main Calibers.

Hold Left Mouse Button to fire with all Main Calibers in turn (one by one).

Press 3 to switch to torpedoes (select torpedo spread).

Press X to calculate a target lead for torpedoes.

Press T to choose a specialized slot (Smoke Screen, Scout Plane).

Press P to turn on/off secondary weapons and Anti-Aircraft (AA).

Press R to activate recovery from flooding or fire

Press the M key to bring up the tactical map. By pressing the Left Mouse Button on any open water on the map, you can set a waypoint for your ship to automatically travel to. To set additional waypoints, press Shift+Left Mouse Button. You can set up to 5 waypoints. You can also adjust the position of your waypoints by clicking on a waypoint and dragging it on the tactical map.

View Quote

If you press "3" again, you can adjust the spread pattern of the torps.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Man, I just can't seem to "get" the destroyers and the torpedoes.  I have tried but can't seem to have any luck so far.  I can't hit anything, unless they are dead in the water.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, I just can't seem to "get" the destroyers and the torpedoes.  I have tried but can't seem to have any luck so far.  I can't hit anything, unless they are dead in the water.

It's tricky at first but if you target a ship, it will show you approx where to lead your shot.  Make sure you're in range though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's tricky at first but if you target a ship, it will show you approx where to lead your shot.  Make sure you're in range though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, also don't forget the smoke and if you use the IJN DDs they don't get detected by an enemy until they're within about 6km (not sure about USN).

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love playing dd easier to hit things with in my opinion. I just played a game not to long ago where I wrecked two bb one dd and one cruiser in my tier 6 us dd. The last bb was point blank. It was me 1 other dd and 1 cleveland left at the end vs 1 bb and cruiser the Cleveland kept missing but allowed me in to get in close I only hit with 2 torps bringing him down to half health. I finished him off with guns knife fighting range very exciting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click your captains profile

Where is that?

Its like wot click the picture of your capt. top right

Need to be Level 5.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Needed just 800 more XP to make it out of the tier IV American BB. Last match in it, after the worst grind I've made so far in the past week. Wound up doing 130 hits, sunk 4 ships, set 6 on fire...won with 3500 XP. Wasted nearly 3k XP.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Needed just 800 more XP to make it out of the tier IV American BB. Last match in it, after the worst grind I've made so far in the past week. Wound up doing 130 hits, sunk 4 ships, set 6 on fire...won with 3500 XP. Wasted nearly 3k XP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BB was the US designation for all the classes of battleships.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

BB was the US designation for the IOWA class battleships.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was referring to the fact that there aren't any American BBs in the game yet.  ALL BBs so far are Japanese.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think he was referring to the fact that there aren't any American BBs in the game yet.  ALL BBs so far are Japanese.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah. Well I don't know the classification of IJN ships so if someone says BB I just know if I'm in game....do not want.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Ugh, I've been watching streaming of gameplay on twitch. I want to play! Anyone have a spare code? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ah. Well I don't know the classification of IJN ships so if someone says BB I just know if I'm in game....do not want.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In general, folks in game have been using the USN designations for ships regardless of their national origin. (i.e. DD, BB, CV, CL/CA)
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice to see ASMX in game.  FBHO Brother man!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I got an email and saying I got a beta code! Only to find out it was for "World of Tanks Generals" I was not happy about that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Observations tonight.

1)  Firing in a burst when you have a ship ranged is a great way to do a LOT of damage REAL fast.  I sank a bunch of ships with the St. Louis that way.  8+ guns hitting simultaneously is devastating.
2)  Torpedoes don't work point blank.  Had a knife fight with another destroyer at probably 100m or so and we were bouncing torps off each other.  Finally we just rammed killed each other.
3)  Watch the map and stay with the team.  I had several fights where I'd get singled out and killed quickly because my team either ran away, or I didn't watch closely enough and got separated from the fleet.
4)  The window lickers have already infiltrated the beta test.  Guys that just yolo and try to kill carriers vs. playing any basic strategy or tactics.  When you call them out on it they are the typical "Its just a game, chill out dude" characters.

I'm at 45% win rate after 67 games now.  Getting into some tier 4 and 5 boats that are pretty cool.  But just like tanks, sound tactics and technique always win out over just relying on a higher tier vehicle with bigger guns.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Haven't been in a close engagement with a Japanese tier V destroyer until tonight... and damn they stole some shit from the Klingons!
Dude nuked me, I first saw torps headed at me then a few seconds later there he is between me and my cruiser target.
So I watch as he killed 3 cruisers all out at sea, nearly invisible the whole time. Dude appeared to one cruiser at just over 2km separation! Kinda reminds me of WoT CBT with those original sighting mechanics

It was fun to watch.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got an email and saying I got a beta code! Only to find out it was for "World of Tanks Generals" I was not happy about that.
View Quote

Damn that's harsh!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, whatever the american "heavy" line is referred to as.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Observations tonight.

1)  Firing in a burst when you have a ship ranged is a great way to do a LOT of damage REAL fast.  I sank a bunch of ships with the St. Louis that way.  8+ guns hitting simultaneously is devastating.
2)  Torpedoes don't work point blank.  Had a knife fight with another destroyer at probably 100m or so and we were bouncing torps off each other.  Finally we just rammed killed each other.
3)  Watch the map and stay with the team.  I had several fights where I'd get singled out and killed quickly because my team either ran away, or I didn't watch closely enough and got separated from the fleet.
4)  The window lickers have already infiltrated the beta test.  Guys that just yolo and try to kill carriers vs. playing any basic strategy or tactics.  When you call them out on it they are the typical "Its just a game, chill out dude" characters.

I'm at 45% win rate after 67 games now.  Getting into some tier 4 and 5 boats that are pretty cool.  But just like tanks, sound tactics and technique always win out over just relying on a higher tier vehicle with bigger guns.
View Quote

I fire in salvo almost exclusively in all types and all tiers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#31]
If anyone has another invite code to give, I would gladly take it.

Watching youtube vids of the game play is making me want to play. Jingles, iChaseGaming and PhlyDaily have some great videos up. Some of the destroyer videos make me think of Taffy 3 and the Battle off Samar. Tin cans raising all kinds of hell.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If anyone has another invite code to give, I would gladly take it.

Watching youtube vids of the game play is making me want to play. Jingles, iChaseGaming and PhlyDaily have some great videos up. Some of the destroyer videos make me think of Taffy 3 and the Battle off Samar. Tin cans raising all kinds of hell.
View Quote

Just finished another BB jinking and jiving
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Observations tonight.

View Quote
I really like doing the walking fire. Your guns are going non stop and its easier to adjust o. The fly

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Same name as here If you guys see me on and want to toon I'm up for it though I'm only on for a few games then I have go to lag back down but I'll come back after an hour or three. stupid surgery
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aircraft carriers

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#36]
In regards to mass fire (double click) vs chain firing (holding down M1)...have you guys noticed a difference in accuracy between the two at 10k+? I swear my BB does much better with chain firing than full salvos though it could be RNG fucking with me. Even my Cleveland does better with chaining
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

In regards to mass fire (double click) vs chain firing (holding down M1)...have you guys noticed a difference in accuracy between the two at 10k+? I swear my BB does much better with chain firing than full salvos though it could be RNG fucking with me. Even my Cleveland does better with chaining
View Quote
There is an accuracy penalty for firing a full salvo

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Regardless, it seemed like I did more damage faster with a full salvo, instead of the chain-style firing I was doing before. Odd.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#39]
EDIT - Guess I should read to the end of the thread before answering a question on the prior page.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I like the idea but find the WoT and their other games too arcade like for my tastes. I play Red Orchestra Darkest Hour for an armor sim and am waiting for Age of Sail Naval Action to be release for a ship sim.

linky

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I need this game, anyone have a code?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed, I signed up a while back for beta invite and still have not received anything. Where are you guys getting your beta codes from?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Indeed, I signed up a while back for beta invite and still have not received anything. Where are you guys getting your beta codes from?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
We've, well, most of us are old WOT players and thusly sold our souls to Serb. So there's that.

Seriously though blackhawk101 is our wargaming guy. He post's in the wot 2.0 thread. He pops in from time to time and says he has codes. Its a first come first serve kinda thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Regardless, it seemed like I did more damage faster with a full salvo, instead of the chain-style firing I was doing before. Odd.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Odd. I only use salvos for close in work. Chain fire for distance to walk rounds into target and sometimes when I'm on target and tracking I let er rip

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey, I'm up for a code if anyone can find some free give aways.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#46]
i got a beta code today, dling after wrk
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Like I needed another addition.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#48]
So...thinking ahead to production version 1.0 of the game...do we all "reset" and start over or do we keep ships and XP accumulated during closed Beta?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So...thinking ahead to production version 1.0 of the game...do we all "reset" and start over or do we keep ships and XP accumulated during closed Beta?
View Quote

If it's like tanks was when we did Beta there, we reset if I remember correctly. That was nearly 4 years ago though so I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Reset they might give us a shitty premium ship as thanks though.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top