BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not surprising the only loss in in the Yorck.  Those German cruisers are really terrible and outclassed at 7 and 8.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Those German CA's make the  Kutuzuov seem like the Yamato sometimes lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Aircraft Celebrate Surrender over USS MISSOURI
Description - F4U's and F6F's flying in formation during surrender ceremonies of the Japanese aboard the USS MISSOURI in Tokyo, Japan. USS MISSOURI can be seen in the left foreground.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Carries don't come much harder than this.....
Attachment Attached File

Scharnhorst is love. Scharnhorst is life.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm off to the chiropractor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish they were still in Supercontainers...and that getting supercontainers was still a thing, lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#8]
My back was hurting after this game. What really pissed me off was it was me against 5 except we had an AFK carrier that never moved all game so no solo warrior.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Double cruiser Krakens on Saturday. :)

Nothing like carrying a T8 match in a T6 cruiser. I killed 4 DDs and an Atlanta then charged a Nagato to keep him reset. Luckily he was a bad shot and oblivious to our Colorado on his broadside. The whole time our overextended Amagi was whining about how we weren't supporting him.

This was just a cleanup game. Burned down a Bayern and finished four CLs.

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Was in a match tonight where I was one of FOUR Zuiho CV's, we managed to win but never got the last enemy CV. I lost all my planes, so I headed in and got the kill shot on a DD with my secondaries. Everyone was in shock!  Always surprises me how well a Zuiho can dodge torpedoes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
As soon as I thought "you know, I haven't seen a super container in a looong time. I bet they don't even give those out anymore, unless you pick that BS 'roll the dice' option a thousand times", what happens? A super with 1k doubloons in it.
Not great, but not bad either, considering it didn't cost me a dime of real money.
Been suddenly getting the 500 Free XP in the odd container lately, too. Almost wonder if WG changed up the containers a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#12]
What are these super-containers you guys keep talking about?  I have collected approximately 350 since my last one
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody got any comments about the upcoming Bismark campaign? Worth the squeeze? Something a scrub like me can actually accomplish?

At least it's not another fucking Myoko
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a super container this morning after months without one. One of the crappy new smoke gen modules. I think I'll go back to just regular containers.

Just got my Khab the the other day. Still trying to work out the best way to play it. Seems like I'm either a rock star or a goat, not much middle ground.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm back playing. Is this a BB weekend?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The 6.5 install failed to completely extract, trying a clean install now & I hope it works. And it figures they start a Bismarck campaign the week after I got mine .
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a light fast cruiser without a citadel. If you try to play it like a DD, it's a tough way to go, at least it was for me. It's one of those ships that gets focused as soon as it's detected.

I suck with cruisers so the Khab stays parked most of the time.
View Quote
The worst part is being screamed at to cap by the guys in the back row while radar cruisers are parked where they want me to go.

I'm making it my mission to set BBs on fire. I did get 8 cits from one salvo on a Des Moine that popped out of nowhere. That was cool. It's a damn expensive boat to play with a non-premium account.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#19]
the payout for the Missouri is insane
I had a +20% credits signal and a +5% credits flag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't take long to knock the rust off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]
New torpedo avoidance technology stolen from IJN, coming soon to Russian ships.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
New torpedo avoidance technology stolen from IJN, coming soon to Russian ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ybRrnWtn38
View Quote
How'd he get that kill? He wasn't even aiming near that ship.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#23]
This game sucks.  Uninstall time.  I never thought shooting things could be made unfun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This game sucks.  Uninstall time.  I never thought shooting things could be made unfun.
View Quote
amusingly, i just reinstalled, and actually had a good time last night.  wasn't really worried about winning--just playing properly--which made all the difference.  rest of team did stupid shit?  treated it as a training problem.

dunno how long that positivity is going to last though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

amusingly, i just reinstalled, and actually had a good time last night.  wasn't really worried about winning--just playing properly--which made all the difference.  rest of team did stupid shit?  treated it as a training problem.

View Quote
Yeah, I should be more positive.  I'm just in a bad spot on the tech tree right now.  My new T6 Bayern is un-upgraded and getting T8 matches like the plague.  The one ship I really had a nack for was carriers, but I am only halfway to T6 and the no manual drops thing is killer.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got burned out after ranked and took a long break. It's still fun to play, unlike tanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#27]
How is the Hood and Alabama?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Didn't take long to knock the rust off.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/198592/shot-17-212682.JPG
View Quote
Damn. I can't play the Blys worth a crap usually. I think i'm too aggressive with it though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes, you just feel like clubbing a baby seal.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I finished the Hunt for the Bismarck event, now I need some guidance on captain skills for it.

I've got a 12 pt captain on it that I had on my Gneisenau, but I'm not really a BB guy. I've only had the Gneis, Colorado, and Fuso up til now, so the Bis is my first Tier 8 BB.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I finished the Hunt for the Bismarck event, now I need some guidance on captain skills for it.

I've got a 12 pt captain on it that I had on my Gneisenau, but I'm not really a BB guy. I've only had the Gneis, Colorado, and Fuso up til now, so the Bis is my first Tier 8 BB.
View Quote
My choices would be: PM, EM, AR, BFT and AFT. SI and MFC-Secondaries would round out a 19pt CAPT. Some like PT over PM but I just presume everyone is shooting at me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 Some like PT over PM but I just presume everyone is shooting at me.
View Quote
I have found PT to be an extremely valuable skill.   Knowing that no ships are currently targeting you gives you extra options when maneuvering. Knowing you can take that extra shot and Yamato isn't looking at you in your Ibuki is a great feeling.  Keep sailing straight and burn him. 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have found PT to be an extremely valuable skill.   Knowing that no ships are currently targeting you gives you extra options when maneuvering. Knowing you can take that extra shot and Yamato isn't looking at you in your Ibuki is a great feeling.  Keep sailing straight and burn him. 
View Quote
absolutely this--i'm checking that number constantly.  i got caught on the end of the new skill testing period after the rollout, so some of my CAs don't have PT--i don't play those ships much anymore.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#34]
OMFG I just upgraded my PC. I went from 15FPS to 75FPS. Damn this game is really nice now! . I'm actually impressed I've done as good as I have now that I see what i've been missing lol. 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Did something change in the last few weeks that made CV's a heck of a lot more powerful? Starting to see a lot more games with them for better or worse.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Moar seal clubbing

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got to first 4 point skill for American BB captain..what should I pick?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
my opinion, for my play style
I typically try to keep my BB on some sort of edge of the battle, so I don't have to swing turrets left - right - left - right ....

I would maybe argue swap the 6 and 7 below

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't know if anyone else had this problem but since the last mini patch my win 10 taskbar wouldn't hide when the game was fullscreen. A little help from google found a fix from a different game forum that fixed it. Go to your task manager, find the Windows Explorer process, right click it and click restart.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Playing a DD now up against RPF, radar and the abundance of radar ships is a tin bitch.

Not enjoying the new changes and how they affect DDs
View Quote
The detect range equaling gun range while firing has made running a gunboat a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Playing a DD now up against RPF, radar and the abundance of radar ships is a tin bitch.

Not enjoying the new changes and how they affect DDs
View Quote
WGing loves to get everyone playing an OP piece of equipment, and then switch the game meta to something else, to ensure more cash.
You can't blame, them, but it is a shitty way to do business. They get you to buy things that have a shelf life of about 6-18 months.
The reality of the situation is that people like most of us here would end up buying most of the interesting stuff no matter. 
I really wish they would set it up so that each type has it's own play style that balances the matches, and not ruin that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
WGing loves to get everyone playing an OP piece of equipment, and then switch the game meta to something else, to ensure more cash.
You can't blame, them, but it is a shitty way to do business. They get you to buy things that have a shelf life of about 6-18 months.
The reality of the situation is that people like most of us here would end up buying most of the interesting stuff no matter. 
I really wish they would set it up so that each type has it's own play style that balances the matches, and not ruin that.
View Quote
They buffed the secondaries on the Tirpitz, which I thought they'd never do, expect some awesome T8 premium to counter it to get released just before the next ranked season.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They buffed the secondaries on the Tirpitz, which I thought they'd never do, expect some awesome T8 premium to counter it to get released just before the next ranked season.
View Quote
That's where you're wrong, mister! and in reality, you are proving my point.  They are pushing pay to win.  can't have a premium that has better than the standard ships (Bismarck)

The premium tier 8 carrier (Big E) will probably be able to sink it with 2 squadrons.

7 months later, the new tier 8 Russian Cruiser will be able to shoot down all of the new tier 8 squadrons before they get in range to launch torps or bombs.

9 months after that, the new tier 8 DD will have stealth torps that are not visible on the water's surface, not by hydro, and it will sink the cruisers.

recognize this pattern? 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's where you're wrong, mister! and in reality, you are proving my point.  They are pushing pay to win.  can't have a premium that has better than the standard ships (Bismarck)

The premium tier 8 carrier (Big E) will probably be able to sink it with 2 squadrons.

7 months later, the new tier 8 Russian Cruiser will be able to shoot down all of the new tier 8 squadrons before they get in range to launch torps or bombs.

9 months after that, the new tier 8 DD will have stealth torps that are not visible on the water's surface, not by hydro, and it will sink the cruisers.

recognize this pattern? 
View Quote
I wasn't disagreeing. Right now Bismark and Tirpitz are the go to T8 BBs. Which means there's going to be something new to counter them for next ranked.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Der Grosse... 195K damage. I love this beast.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#49]
With my newfound video card i've discovered my torpedoing has gone up through the roof but my gunner is crap. Weird.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
The shot dispersion on the König is what you want in a goose gun, not a battleship.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top