Prematurely in for CWW2
View Quote

everything about you is premature.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A

Any FDE furniture can be dyed to match the ALG purple with Rit dye.  It's what RustedAce used on several rifles.  I've done it too, just not purple.  It's ridiculously easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A
Quoted:
That is awesome, thanks for sharing TrojanMan. I actually looked at the purple SunDevil lower online, but I thought it looked a little pinker than I wanted. I'm really glad you posted that pic, because compared to the ALG purple, I do think it's not quite close enough to what I'd want. I actually picked up a receiver today that I might look in to having cerakoted (it's finished, but that you for the offer). On the other hand, it has a "I'm your Huckleberry" engraving on it, which looks pretty cool and I don't want to cover up... so might just leave the lower black. I'll have to see as I start collecting everything and putting it together. I am seriously going to search around for the Cav Arms furniture, though- if I could find that, it would be fricking sweet.

Any FDE furniture can be dyed to match the ALG purple with Rit dye.  It's what RustedAce used on several rifles.  I've done it too, just not purple.  It's ridiculously easy.

Sweet. I'm totally doing that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prematurely in for CWW2

At least I ran the fucking course, you broke-dick bastid
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prematurely in for CWW2

Shit, my bad back, knees, feet and shoulders ran that motherfucker.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not a chance in hell I'm missing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do we sign up for next year?

Is it too early to start  a CWW2 thread

100% in

Same

Everything they said.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Everything they said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% in

Same

Everything they said.

I do believe its NVgeo's duty to start a CWW2 thread now, the warriors have spoken
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
So, was it a success?  Well, it's less than a week after the first Cola Warrior West, and the participants are already clamoring to put their names down for the second one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do we sign up for next year?

Is it too early to start  a CWW2 thread

100% in

Same

Same here. It's only a 12 hour drive. My wife says she's gonna compete next year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
We're going to have to organize a caravan up to Reno.  There should be 15-20 of us from PHX and we'll probably pick up more when we roll through Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay guys. Joe and I just got the trailers home. Other than gallons of soda, beer, and water, we have 5 folding chairs and an ice chest. I know who the ice chest belongs to, and it along with everything else will be safe in my garage until we meet again. If anyone is in Kingman, you are welcome to swing by, have a beer and pick up your item(s). Hell, maybe I'll even fire up a Weber if you give me enough advanced notice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We're going to have to organize a caravan up to Reno.  There should be 15-20 of us from PHX and we'll probably pick up more when we roll through Vegas.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. Along with people coming near phoenix on the way, like Spunk i think? We could take over highways.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Okay guys. Joe and I just got the trailers home. Other than gallons of soda, beer, and water, we have 5 folding chairs and an ice chest. I know who the ice chest belongs to, and it along with everything else will be safe in my garage until we meet again. If anyone is in Kingman, you are welcome to swing by, have a beer and pick up your item(s). Hell, maybe I'll even fire up a Weber if you give me enough advanced notice.
View Quote

A folding chair you say?  Probably blue with a brand written on it in black marker.

I'm fucking retarded...Again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A folding chair you say?  Probably blue with a brand written on it in black marker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead of you driving back here to get it, can I just buy a couple of cattle and register your brand here in AZ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, I believe these are all of them: here
I made a new album because the old one kept dropping photos during the upload process.

They should be in order for the most part, but you might have to look through them JIC

If there are any in particular that you want better quality of, PM me.

Once again, sorry I didn't get more of each of you (or any of some of you) It took a while to learn some good angles and sometimes, depending on where you shot from, or a spotter was, I couldn't get to that spot (damn cacti)
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Instead of you driving back here to get it, can I just buy a couple of cattle and register your brand here in AZ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is one of the chairs a green Eddie Bauer chair?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Way to go Nebraska boys. I tried to track that down before we really started drinking.  After that I figured it was gone because I wasn't finding shit at 5:00am.  For that I blame Wingnut.

Well, we will meet again next year hopefully. Use it as you need it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Whats my time?

For background, Teague beat my ass.  They told me his time was 13:56 clean.  I started the chug and asked what my time was, they said "13:50" that was my face when I realized I already lost before I even started chugging.

lying bastards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes. Along with people coming near phoenix on the way, like Spunk i think? We could take over highways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the way there I passed through phx.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=74815

Whats my time?

For background, Teague beat my ass.  They told me his time was 13:56 clean.  I started the chug and asked what my time was, they said "13:50" that was my face when I realized I already lost before I even started chugging.

lying bastards.
View Quote

Oh that's so awesome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh that's so awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats my time?

lying bastards.

Oh that's so awesome.

It was well played.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like one hell of a convoy is in the future. Now if we could just route all the guys coming from the north through phoenix for no reason
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sounds like one hell of a convoy is in the future. Now if we could just route all the guys coming from the north through phoenix for no reason
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.
We still going with first week of April?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.

8-10 hours from Vegas to Reno.

People complaining about driving on the east coast make me laugh.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.

Or we could wait until after April 21st so I can be 21 for CWW2

Wait what the fuck, for some reason I thought reno was close to vegas. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for the PHX convoy if I get the job out there starting this summer! Imagine the sheer amount of hazing that would happen if we all had radios...

Also, early CWWII dibs!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm in for the PHX convoy if I get the job out there starting this summer! Imagine the sheer amount of hazing that would happen if we all had radios...

Also, early CWWII dibs!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, early CWWII dibs!

If we all had a radio chat setup on the way things would get so out of hand Paging wingnut to do technology things
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ice chest is mine I just happen to have the last name as evilbaxter
But you can use it for other CW and what not
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We figured that out a while ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for taking pictures yukonboy - over 800. Damn. I appreciate having access to the album and pics.

I brought my Canon 5D and 24-105L lens but found out when getting it out ... the last person to use it was too rough and the focus ring was loose inside the lens assembly.  Bad day. Still waiting to hear back from Canon what the repair costs will be.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Whats my time?

lying bastards.
View Quote

Safety in the AK was to screw with you also.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Listen, I live right up in the NW corner of Vegas, right off of the 95 heading north towards Reno.  NO FUCKING WAY am I driving all the way down there just to drive right past my turnoff.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.

Google maps tells me about 6.5, from my house.  Of course, we don't know where exactly the AR500 ranch is, so it could be more, or less.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I brought all sorts of single-serving instant coffees with me to get other opinions on them.  I'm writing an article for an upcoming magazine issue on single-serving instant coffee that you can include in a bug out bag or the like and still be able to enjoy a decent cup of coffee, not the swill that everyone associates with instant coffee.  One new upstart company, Jiva Cubes, produces a hard cube of coffee that, despite being pricey, produces a quality cup of coffee.  I brought a lot of those and ended up walking away from CWW with far fewer.  So I reached back out to the company, gave them some immediate feedback, and they're sending me some more for my taste test article.  Good folks to deal with and they produce a good, albeit expensive product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: to WingNut for coffee Sunday morning (necessitated by his crazy multi-country whirlwind of strange liquors the night before)

I actually passed on the feedback I received regarding the Jiva Coffee Cubes to the manufacturer and they were stoked!  Evidently military folks, outdoorsmen, and medical personnel are targeted demographics they're trying to reach more of.  They're sending me more coffee cubes since I'm largely wiped out now and still have my article to write and photo shoot to do.  

More deets on this, please.

I brought all sorts of single-serving instant coffees with me to get other opinions on them.  I'm writing an article for an upcoming magazine issue on single-serving instant coffee that you can include in a bug out bag or the like and still be able to enjoy a decent cup of coffee, not the swill that everyone associates with instant coffee.  One new upstart company, Jiva Cubes, produces a hard cube of coffee that, despite being pricey, produces a quality cup of coffee.  I brought a lot of those and ended up walking away from CWW with far fewer.  So I reached back out to the company, gave them some immediate feedback, and they're sending me some more for my taste test article.  Good folks to deal with and they produce a good, albeit expensive product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003VCULUS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1427593045&sr=8-1&keywords=maxim+coffee&dpPl=1&dpID=51trvdud3LL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
Dis stuff rite hear cracka...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Google maps tells me about 6.5, from my house.  Of course, we don't know where exactly the AR500 ranch is, so it could be more, or less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.

back when I lived in Nevada, it was still 55 mph
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow Reno is far as fuck.

Yech.  

I would hope they don't have it lower on the big empty stretch than it is here in town.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would hope they don't have it lower on the big empty stretch than it is here in town.
View Quote

I know that it is at least 70 mph from Vegas to Mercury and the state troopers don't even get testy until above 80.  They WILL ticket at 90+ though.  Even if you're in a GOV.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whats my time?

lying bastards.
View Quote

I tried to capture some of the foaming at the mouth
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Reno is about four hours or so from me. I'm debating on going to the shoot next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Reno is about four hours or so from me. I'm debating on going to the shoot next weekend.
View Quote

Fo. Flip a 220/35/18 assert dominance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, was it a success?  Well, it's less than a week after the first Cola Warrior West, and the participants are already clamoring to put their names down for the second one.

View Quote

Possibly group delirium precipitated by frat-boy antics and lack of thermo regulation?

Luckily it wasn't a more inclusive event, or the casualty count might have been much worse.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Or we could wait until after April 21st so I can be 21 for CWW2

Wait what the fuck, for some reason I thought reno was close to vegas. Holy shit.
View Quote

I don't think Reno is close to anything, except maybe nothing
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do it. If I didn't have a wife about to burst with child I would be 100% there at 8 hour 1 way drive. Still trying to make it work depending on circumstances
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#45]
If I hear anyone bitching about driving distance I get to punch them in the dick. Stutz may have driven further but he got the MO. I have earned the shut the fuck up and drive award and will enforce it.

BFE town Arizona to home 1050 miles. Reno, NV to home 1053 and hopefully I have the legitimate rape trailer in tow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flip a wat?

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I hear anyone bitching about driving distance I get to punch them in the dick. Stutz may have driven further but he got the MO. I have earned the shut the fuck up and drive award and will enforce it.

BFE town Arizona to home 1050 miles. Reno, NV to home 1053 and hopefully I have the legitimate rape trailer in tow.
View Quote

I'm just going to bitch, because I drove like 20 more miles then you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you had a cardboard mannequin to talk to and cuddle with at night.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arr! Hoist the sails and make way with yer Stabbin' Cabin in yer wake!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Very nice!  How is the toe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Giggity
<a href="http://s526.photobucket.com/user/unfmoose/media/CWW/20150327_164316_zpsmetxmakj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc345/unfmoose/CWW/20150327_164316_zpsmetxmakj.jpg</a>

Very nice!  How is the toe?

Painful. Went mountain biking today...That may not have been the best idea. I thought it would have come off by now, however, the front left corner is still attached to the nail bed, so I'm not sure it will fall off on it's own.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top