Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Attractive and practical!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You missed the point of the thread, I did not say that the 2x4 was the best there is, the point I was driving at, while attempting to be humorous, was that this really is a very simple concept, and there is simply no reason to run out and spend money on it.  When the slide fire first came out i remember that not only were people willing to pay $300, they were willing to wait on back order lists for the privilege, when there was simply no reason to.  What the slide fire accomplishes is literally so simple that a couple of red necks with a 2x4 can do it.  Is the 2x4 nice looking, or practical, no but neither really is the slide fire, and it certainly is not worth the $300 people were paying.  Give me a telescopic stuck, a pistol grip, a couple L brackets, some screws and a power drill and I can build you your  very own slide fire in about 5 minutes.  Just remove the lock from the collapsible stock, hog out the pistol grip and connect it to the stock with L brackets and there you go, total cost: less than $50 and no wait.

For that matter you don't even need anything at all, if I feel like wasting ammo I can bump fire just fine with just my finger, so can anyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh... I got sent this thread in an IM of Facebook a ways back, and I was too busy to respond then.  

To the OP, I'm guessing you've intentionally stayed out of the Bump-SAW threads? That's cool. Let me give you an idea of what us idiots  can do with these $300 pieces of shit. I don't suppose you could pull this off with the plywood contraption, could you?

Accurate fire on an IPSC target @ 250yds? Check.

Controllable rate of fire? Check.

Fire and movement? Check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrgh5txFKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUTRfRY9LTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwmGVwyGRs

You missed the point of the thread, I did not say that the 2x4 was the best there is, the point I was driving at, while attempting to be humorous, was that this really is a very simple concept, and there is simply no reason to run out and spend money on it.  When the slide fire first came out i remember that not only were people willing to pay $300, they were willing to wait on back order lists for the privilege, when there was simply no reason to.  What the slide fire accomplishes is literally so simple that a couple of red necks with a 2x4 can do it.  Is the 2x4 nice looking, or practical, no but neither really is the slide fire, and it certainly is not worth the $300 people were paying.  Give me a telescopic stuck, a pistol grip, a couple L brackets, some screws and a power drill and I can build you your  very own slide fire in about 5 minutes.  Just remove the lock from the collapsible stock, hog out the pistol grip and connect it to the stock with L brackets and there you go, total cost: less than $50 and no wait.

For that matter you don't even need anything at all, if I feel like wasting ammo I can bump fire just fine with just my finger, so can anyone.

This is what you are missing. I gave you three examples of a practical use for the BF stock. You can't do the things I listed with the 2x4. You don't have to buy the Slide Fire brand stock to do any of it, but you will need a bump fire stock of some flavor, and a bipod. My stock cost me $500 (see below). I consider it a cheap deal for what I got out of it.

Anyway, hate on the concept all you like, but just know that bumping mags into berms at 10' isn't the ONLY thing the bump fire stock is good for.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you can't do simple automobile repair, how do you feel comfortable advocating for people to build slide-fire stocks, as well as claiming to be able to make your own?

Loosen two hoses and pull some bolts...  reverse with the new radiator...  it's literally easier than putting together that bullshit from your video.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, all the money you "saved" yourself from buying a Slide-fire, you spent on having to pay someone else to bolt in a new radiator for you.

A mans got to know his limitations.

I was never raised around car repair, it was not something I took part in, watched, paid attention to, or had any interest in growing up.  I never had auto shop.  I have zero experience of any kind working on cars.  I can not afford to disable my daily driver when I, who am forthright to admit when I am out of my depth, fuck something up.  Replacing a radiator my be simple to you, but it is not to me.  It is just not something that I know how to do.  I really don't see what is so difficult to understand about that.  So yes, I paid a mechanic.
If you can't do simple automobile repair, how do you feel comfortable advocating for people to build slide-fire stocks, as well as claiming to be able to make your own?

Loosen two hoses and pull some bolts...  reverse with the new radiator...  it's literally easier than putting together that bullshit from your video.

First, it's not my video.

Second, if I screw up with my stock, the worst thing that happens is I need a new stock, which is something I know how to fix, if I screw up my car I have no way to get to work short of walking.  Also, I have experience working on guns, I have NONE working on cars, it may be easy but you still do not grasp that what's easy for you, as one who knows what your doing and has done it before is not easy for me who has no idea how to do it and has no experience.  COULD I do it, maybe, but do I trust my nonexistant automotive mechanic skill enough to risk my sole means of transportation?  No.  It really is not difficult to understand.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is what you are missing. I gave you three examples of a practical use for the BF stock. You can't do the things I listed with the 2x4. You don't have to buy the Slide Fire brand stock to do any of it, but you will need a bump fire stock of some flavor, and a bipod. My stock cost me $500 (see below). I consider it a cheap deal for what I got out of it.

Anyway, hate on the concept all you like, but just know that bumping mags into berms at 10' isn't the ONLY thing the bump fire stock is good for.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Faux-chine%20gun/C2732CC2-CF85-4C48-8935-2AF0341CDA24_zpsquis0rru.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh... I got sent this thread in an IM of Facebook a ways back, and I was too busy to respond then.  

To the OP, I'm guessing you've intentionally stayed out of the Bump-SAW threads? That's cool. Let me give you an idea of what us idiots  can do with these $300 pieces of shit. I don't suppose you could pull this off with the plywood contraption, could you?

Fire and movement? Check

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Faux-chine%20gun/C2732CC2-CF85-4C48-8935-2AF0341CDA24_zpsquis0rru.jpg

I'm glad you like it, but the fact remains that you massively over paid.  You basically spent $500 on a malfunctioning collapsible stock and hogged out pistol grip, but have fun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Second, if I screw up with my stock, the worst thing that happens is I need a new stock, which is something I know how to fix, if I screw up my car I have no way to get to work short of walking.  Also, I have experience working on guns, I have NONE working on cars, it may be easy but you still do not grasp that what's easy for you, as one who knows what your doing and has done it before is not easy for me who has no idea how to do it and has no experience.  COULD I do it, maybe, but do I trust my nonexistant automotive mechanic skill enough to risk my sole means of transportation?  No.  It really is not difficult to understand.
View Quote
It's your video, you posted it to support your claim.

If you have experience working on guns, but can't translate that experiance to working on cars, especially easy jobs, then all that marks you is not being a capable man.

So first, you trash talk slide-fire stocks, and their users by calling them dumb, and that they overpaid for something you've shown you don't understand.  

Then you admit you're not a capable person.

Then try to act like for some reason anyone should put stock in your opinion.
If you don't understand how to do a simple mechanical process like change a radiator, why should anyone assume you are smart enough to pass judgment on the value of slide-fire stocks?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you have experience working on guns, but can't translate that experiance to working on cars, especially easy jobs, then all that marks you is not being a capable man.

So first, you trash talk slide-fire stocks, and their users by calling them dumb, and that they overpaid for something you've shown you don't understand.  

If you don't understand how to do a simple mechanical process like change a radiator, why should anyone assume you are smart enough to pass judgment on the value of slide-fire stocks?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, so anybody who can't change a radiator, despite having no experience working on cars, is not a capable person.  And if your not born with an innate knowledge of all things automotive than you can't even grasp something as simple as pulling forward on a stock, wow.  Good to know.

So, taking apart major engine components on your daily driver when you don't know what your doing, literally going in blind, and don't have the proper tools to do it or anyone who can help is a good idea.  Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Your thread is a failure, your point pointless, and your attempts to salvage it are about a year to a year and a half behind the power curve.

Sorry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed the point of the thread,
You made the point very clear, you wanted to point out who you think is "dumb".

I did not say that the 2x4 was the best there is, the point I was driving at, while attempting to be humorous, was that this really is a very simple concept, and there is simply no reason to run out and spend money on it.  
Which is an opinion, and failed to take into account that many people HAVE made their own, cheaply and look much, much better.

When the slide fire first came out i remember that not only were people willing to pay $300, they were willing to wait on back order lists for the privilege, when there was simply no reason to.  
Except for the whole high cyclic rate for a fraction of the cost of real full auto, and no NFA.

What the slide fire accomplishes is literally so simple that a couple of red necks with a 2x4 can do it.
False.  The "rednecks" did so by placing a pipe in the trigger well to activate the trigger, not a finger.

The slide-fire allows safe operation, while following established safety rules.

Is the 2x4 nice looking, or practical, no but neither really is the slide fire, and it certainly is not worth the $300 people were paying.  Give me a telescopic stuck, a pistol grip, a couple L brackets, some screws and a power drill and I can build you your  very own slide fire in about 5 minutes.  

No one cares, members already have.  You're not onto anything new.

Just remove the lock from the collapsible stock, hog out the pistol grip and connect it to the stock with L brackets and there you go, total cost: less than $50 and no wait.
Once again, not news.

Yet, not as accurately as with a bumpfire stock.
Your thread is a failure, your point pointless, and your attempts to salvage it are about a year to a year and a half behind the power curve.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm glad you like it, but the fact remains that you massively over paid.  You basically spent $500 on a malfunctioning collapsible stock and hogged out pistol grip, but have fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire and movement? Check

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Orr.....you can buy a $25 tapco collapsible stock and make your own slidefire stock....pretty simple....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wow, so anybody who can't change a radiator, despite having no experience working on cars, is not a capable person. And if your not born with an innate knowledge of all things automotive than you can't even grasp something as simple as pulling forward on a stock, wow. Good to know.

So, taking apart major engine components on your daily driver when you don't know what your doing, literally going in blind, and don't have the proper tools to do it or anyone who can help is a good idea. Learn something new everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Second, if I screw up with my stock, the worst thing that happens is I need a new stock, which is something I know how to fix, if I screw up my car I have no way to get to work short of walking. Also, I have experience working on guns, I have NONE working on cars, it may be easy but you still do not grasp that what's easy for you, as one who knows what your doing and has done it before is not easy for me who has no idea how to do it and has no experience. COULD I do it, maybe, but do I trust my nonexistant automotive mechanic skill enough to risk my sole means of transportation? No. It really is not difficult to understand.

Wow, so anybody who can't change a radiator, despite having no experience working on cars, is not a capable person. And if your not born with an innate knowledge of all things automotive than you can't even grasp something as simple as pulling forward on a stock, wow. Good to know.

So, taking apart major engine components on your daily driver when you don't know what your doing, literally going in blind, and don't have the proper tools to do it or anyone who can help is a good idea. Learn something new everyday.

Yes. If you can't figure out how to chang a radiator on 90% of vehicles by looking at it, your not a capable person.

There are legitimate reasons to pay a mechanic. The primary reason being your time is more valuable spent doing what you want. Lack of knowledge can be fixed quite quickly, you wouldn't even have to spend money on a manual as a youtube search would likely provide you with the information you need.

You will never have experience if you don't start somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Orr.....you can buy a $25 tapco collapsible stock and make your own slidefire stock....pretty simple....
View Quote

Shhhh... some of the posters in this thread will accuse you of witchcraft, demand you disassemble your car or something else equally ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the only way to throw money away faster is to get into R/C helicopters.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes. If you can't figure out how to chang a radiator on 90% of vehicles by looking at it, your not a capable person.

There are legitimate reasons to pay a mechanic. The primary reason being your time is more valuable spent doing what you want. Lack of knowledge can be fixed quite quickly, you wouldn't even have to spend money on a manual as a youtube search would likely provide you with the information you need.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second, if I screw up with my stock, the worst thing that happens is I need a new stock, which is something I know how to fix, if I screw up my car I have no way to get to work short of walking. Also, I have experience working on guns, I have NONE working on cars, it may be easy but you still do not grasp that what's easy for you, as one who knows what your doing and has done it before is not easy for me who has no idea how to do it and has no experience. COULD I do it, maybe, but do I trust my nonexistant automotive mechanic skill enough to risk my sole means of transportation? No. It really is not difficult to understand.

Wow, good to know.

And if you fuck up you have no car...

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire and movement? Check

Let me guess... You didn't watch any of the videos I included, did you?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire and movement? Check

I did actually, it looks like fun, but it doesn't change what it is, nor does it make it practical outside of being a range toy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I did actually, it looks like fun, but it doesn't change what it is, nor does it make it practical outside of being a range toy.
View Quote

That's the funny thing about the Fostech—it locks up hard in the semi mode and doesn't rattle or shake around like a plastic version, so it behaves exactly like an AR with a fixed stock. It's as practical as any other AR. *Shrug*

As for what practical is exactly, I will leave that one open to the observer. I would posit that 99% of the guns on this site are range toys. The guns in the Bump-SAW threads are sort of a protest weapon. Legal, but attempting to mimic mag-fed LMGs close enough to make the NFA irrelevant. I'm not sure if you want to call that practical or ideological, but it's not *just* a toy.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread is a great illustration of the subjective theory of value.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Well the second video shows what a waste of ammo per hit those are.
Good for suppressive fire though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well the second video shows what a waste of ammo per hit those are.
Good for suppressive fire though.
View Quote

Which video? Also, what is your experience level with an M249?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The piece of wood would be a multiburst trigger activator according to CA. This is a felony in my state. Im not even lying.
View Quote

So how about those that have mastered bumpfire with out a device? "Sir we'll have to confiscate that finger!"
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's the funny thing about the Fostech—it locks up hard in the semi mode and doesn't rattle or shake around like a plastic version, so it behaves exactly like an AR with a fixed stock. It's as practical as any other AR. *Shrug*

As for what practical is exactly, I will leave that one open to the observer. I would posit that 99% of the guns on this site are range toys. The guns in the Bump-SAW threads are sort of a protest weapon. Legal, but attempting to mimic mag-fed LMGs close enough to make the NFA irrelevant. I'm not sure if you want to call that practical or ideological, but it's not *just* a toy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same "selectability" could be achieved with a rubber band around the stock adjuster, but like I said, it looks like fun, and the design looks (aesthetically) cool, but I just don't think it's worth the price.  To each his own.  My point was just that there is no reason that one HAS to shell out big bucks for this stuff.  I just view these things as a gimmick, just like the gat trigger, hell fire, etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The same "selectability" could be achieved with a rubber band around the stock adjuster, but like I said, it looks like fun, and the design looks (aesthetically) cool, but I just don't think it's worth the price.  To each his own.  My point was just that there is no reason that one HAS to shell out big bucks for this stuff.  I just view these things as a gimmick, just like the gat trigger, hell fire, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not buying the assertion that you can get point target bursts at 250+ yards using the rubber band trick.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In every one of OP's threads I wonder how the fuck is he an instructor
View Quote

You wouldn't if you'd seen some of the instructors that I have
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#24]
So what would you need to see from the bumpfire guns to make you drop the "gimmick" label?

What exactly is a practical gun vs range toy in your mind?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Wow, so anybody who can't change a radiator, despite having no experience working on cars, is not a capable person.  And if your not born with an innate knowledge of all things automotive than you can't even grasp something as simple as pulling forward on a stock, wow.  Good to know.

So, taking apart major engine components on your daily driver when you don't know what your doing, literally going in blind, and don't have the proper tools to do it or anyone who can help is a good idea.  Learn something new everyday.
View Quote
No you're not a capable person, because you can't even use logic and reason to conceptualize how building that wood bump-fire thing in your video, utilizes the same skill-set that is needed to swap a radiator.

Then you try to argue against my assertion, yet you don't have the skillset, knowlege, or confidence to do be capable of doing it.  

If you can't change a radiator, you can't build the bumpstock.   If you can build the bumpstock from your video, you can change a radiator.
It's that simple, and if you were in anyway a capable man, you'd know that without me having to convince you it's true.
Which is why you are not.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not buying the assertion that you can get point target bursts at 250+ yards using the rubber band trick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made no such assertion?  The whole idea of these bump fire gadgets is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So what would you need to see from the bumpfire guns to make you drop the "gimmick" label?

Just curious.
View Quote

I can't see as anything (possible) would, but theoretically: Something that would be 100% reliable, work from any position, not fall off the weapon, and not be awkward to use, and would use a normal grip and trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Just stop OP.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I can't see as anything (possible) would, but theoretically: Something that would be 100% reliable, work from any position, not fall off the weapon, and not be awkward to use, and would use a normal grip and trigger pull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious.

You're killing me.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
So bumpfire stocks are a gimmick that do what they say they will do...legally....easily...and do it with style.

If that's not your thing.....whoop tee fucking foo.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
That's the most dangerous thing I've ever scene. I wouldn't be anywhere near it while in use.

If you can't hold on to the gun it's likely to discharge every round in the mag while spinning around uncontrollably.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Video is old and this thread is full of fail and coolant.

EDITED
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That's the most dangerous thing I've ever scene. I wouldn't be anywhere near it while in use.

If you can't hold on to the gun it's likely to discharge every round in the mag while spinning around uncontrollably.
View Quote
Yet the op who is an instructor advocates it over spending money on a product that is designed to make bumpfire safe and controllable.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#34]
This went from "Look at my neat DIY project!" to "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE" real fast.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No you're not a capable person, because you can't even use logic and reason to conceptualize how building that wood bump-fire thing in your video, utilizes the same skill-set that is needed to swap a radiator.

Then you try to argue against my assertion, yet you don't have the skillset, knowlege, or confidence to do be capable of doing it.  

If you can't change a radiator, you can't build the bumpstock.   If you can build the bumpstock from your video, you can change a radiator.

It's that simple, and if you were in anyway a capable man, you'd know that without me having to convince you it's true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, for the slow learners.  The. Video. Is. Not. Mine. I. Posted. It.  I. Did. Not. Make. It.  The bumpstock, and the radiator are not even close to the same thing, your assertion is retarded.  Just listen to your retarded ass argument, you are arguing that a person, even one with no automotive mechanical knowledge or experience, who does not have the innate knowledge of how to swap a fucking radiator and doesn't want to experiment on their only car, is automatically incapable of anything else, even turning a screw driver.  Your argument is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yet the op who is an instructor advocates it over spending money on a product that is designed to make bumpfire safe and controllable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm saying there is no need to spend so much on something so simple.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I thought too.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#38]
replace "slidefire" with "iphone 3" and maybe OP will see the light...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Once again, for the slow learners.  The. Video. Is. Not. Mine. I. Posted. It.  I. Did. Not. Make. It.

I know. Everyone knows, but it's a video you posted to support your opinion hence it's your video.  

The bumpstock, and the radiator are not even close to the same thing,

The stock in the video you posted is an item held together with bolts.  A Radiator is an item held together with bolts.

Both require the same tools to assemble and dissemble.

your assertion is retarded.  Just listen to your retarded ass argument,

Are you sure?  I think everyone else gets it, making you the one that doesn't.

you are arguing that a person, even one with no automotive mechanical knowledge or experience, who does not have the innate knowledge of how to swap a fucking radiator and doesn't want to experiment on their only car, is automatically incapable of anything else, even turning a screw driver.  

No, I'm pointing out the ignorance of your logic in telling people they are dumb for buying a bumpstock when they can build one themselves.

It's no different than telling someone they are dumb for taking a car to the shop for changing a radiator.

But it's clear that you can't grasp that concept.

Your argument is fucking retarded.

If you say so, then again given your opinions and arguments you've put forth and the way you've supported them, I doubt it's my argument that's retarded.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no need to pay a person for an easy DIY radiator replacement, a job that is so simple anyone can use google and figure out how to do it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, for the slow learners.  The. Video. Is. Not. Mine. I. Posted. It.  I. Did. Not. Make. It.
I know. Everyone knows, but it's a video you posted to support your opinion hence it's your video.  

The stock in the video you posted is an item held together with bolts.  A Radiator is an item held together with bolts.

you are arguing that a person, even one with no automotive mechanical knowledge or experience, who does not have the innate knowledge of how to swap a fucking radiator and doesn't want to experiment on their only car, is automatically incapable of anything else, even turning a screw driver.  
No, I'm pointing out the ignorance of your logic in telling people they are dumb for buying a bumpstock when they can build one themselves.

It's no different than telling someone they are dumb for taking a car to the shop for changing a radiator.

If you say so, then again given your opinions and arguments you've put forth and the way you've supported them, I doubt it's my argument that's retarded.

Except attaching  a couple L brackets or drilling a hole through a piece of wood is much less complicated, and if you screw it up woulf out a stock at most, not your daily driver.  How can you not understand it.

The radiator continues to be irrelevant, but let me spell it out for you.

I am not a mechanic.
I have never worked on an engine.
I never had auto shop.
I have no one  to help me.
Watching a you tube video from a different model year with a different engine is not the same thing as experience.
I have no tools to speak of, as I have no need for a ratchet set, jack stands or anything else because I do not know how to work on cars.
I do not know how to change a radiator.
I am not willing to risk my daily driver to my unskilled mechanical tinkering, I have no spare.
Get it?

Now,  how is that project, which requires me to disassemble most of my front end and then reassemble it, all without knowledge or experience, the same as using a power drill to hog out a pistol grip, drill holes for L Brackets, and turning a screw driver?  Because your argument is that they are the same.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

snip

Now,  how is that project, which requires me to disassemble most of my front end and then reassemble it, all without knowledge or experience, the same as using a power drill to hog out a pistol grip, drill holes for L Brackets, and turning a screw driver?  Because your argument is that they are the same.
View Quote
My argument is that anyone that has the aptitude to do one thing, can do the other, and that it's folly that you claim otherwise.  

In fact, I'll tell you something for free, fabricating a bumpstock is harder than changing most radiators.

But you don't know that, and you by your own claims CAN'T know that.  

Which means your arguments are by your own hand invalid and pointless.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Except attaching  a couple L brackets or drilling a hole through a piece of wood is much less complicated, and if you screw it up woulf out a stock at most, not your daily driver.  How can you not understand it.

I am not a mechanic.
I never had auto shop.
Watching a you tube video from a different model year with a different engine is not the same thing as experience.
I have no tools to speak of, as I have no need for a ratchet set, jack stands or anything else because I do not know how to work on cars.
I am not willing to risk my daily driver to my unskilled mechanical tinkering, I have no spare.
Get it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a mechanic.
I never had auto shop.
Get it?

Um... because drilling, cutting and assembling requires some sort of mechanical/design ability.  

Disassembling, remembering how a pre built product came apart and putting it back together in reverse order just requires common sense.  "I cant get to that f'n bolt, so I need to take this off first".  "Righty tighty, lefty loosy".  

I think it takes a big man to publicly say he doesn't know how to do something and I think it's admirable that you took it to have it done because you are afraid of messing it up and being left without transportation.  But, making something out of wood which requires some engineering on the fly and at least a basic knowledge (and use) of a saw and drill (which can be for more dangerous than some bloody knuckles from your radiator shroud) is not the same thing.  

Most people that could build the atrocity/deathtrap in the video you posted can also change the radiator in their car.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't think you are an idiot for going to mechanic for your radiator; even when I know how easy it is to replace one. I've also built functional bump stocks. I prefer the fostech.

Edit: phone grammar...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just view you as a gimmick.  Simply here for our entertainment.  There is nothing of value in anything you have ever posted.  

BTW, we're laughing at you, not with you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just view you as a gimmick.  Simply here for our entertainment.  There is nothing of value in anything you have ever posted.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a certain kind of special.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Um... because drilling, cutting and assembling requires some sort of mechanical/design ability.  

Disassembling, remembering how a pre built product came apart and putting it back together in reverse order just requires common sense.  "I cant get to that f'n bolt, so I need to take this off first".  "Righty tighty, lefty loosy".  

I think it takes a big man to publicly say he doesn't know how to do something and I think it's admirable that you took it to have it done because you are afraid of messing it up and being left without transportation.  But, making something out of wood which requires some engineering on the fly and at least a basic knowledge (and use) of a saw and drill (which can be for more dangerous than some bloody knuckles from your radiator shroud) is not the same thing.  

Most people that could build the atrocity/deathtrap in the video you posted can also change the radiator in their car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a mechanic.
I never had auto shop.
Get it?

A sensible response.  I might have been able to do it if I tried, the point I have been trying to make is that it was outside my knowledge base and comfort level, if I had another car I might have attempted it, but I was not comfortable messing with my only vehicle.  I would be comfortable playing with a stock, not with my car, that is the real difference.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top