Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:39:24 PM EDT
For those dumb enough to pay $300+ for a "bump fire stock" I'm about to make you very angry:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/05/01/diy-bumpfire-stock/

I first saw this done about 10 years ago, all you need is a piece of 2x4 and a wooden dowl.  I could not believe all the excitment and willingness to pay hundreds for what amounted to the same damn thing...  Anyway, I was reflecting today and thought I would share.

Seriously how did you not know about this?

The example in the video is a Glock, i wouldn't recommend that do to potential SBR issues, but it can just as easily be done with rifles as well, you just have to move the dowel, I've seen it done.

The one they built (in the video) is needlessly elaborate, but if that's your thing have at it.

Anyway, have fun, and let the BATFE try to ban lumber.

Video made me laugh.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, FFS.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You have got to be kidding me!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
why
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Selective fire, even with the stamp, is not a poor man's sport.  Might as well throw silver dimes out on the road.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF, you have got to be kidding me.
Let's see the IWB holster for this monster
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Must have what the fuck is happening.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Rednecks gonna redneck....
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
moss pawn = rip off shit pawn shop

guy doing the shooting = triple douche.

i hate moss pawn. i really dislike people that think they know everything because they have a youtube channel. thats what these idiots are.

the last time i was in that crap pawn shop was about 2 days after sandy hook. prices hadn't started rising yet, but theirs sure did. they were way ahead of the curve. 2k for the lowest end ar, 750 for a glock with 1 mag, 79.95 for an extra glock mag, 1$ per round any 223, 500 dollar stripped lowers.

i would rather buy from CTD
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]

'Murica ...
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Redneck as fuck.

"This bumpboard is...Awwweeesome."

Inbred.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]
But that doesn't work very well for aimed shots when you don't want a bumpstock or shooting prone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup.  Just like a Slidefire.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a toy.

The bumpfire stocks allow for aimed fire. Though a bump board would be fun with a .22 conversion in a glock.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

why
View Quote
Because.  +1 for ingenuity, redneck style.  At least it's not a jennings.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Some people made their own using Magpul stocks and grips attached by a strip of metal. I've got an ACS lying around that I don't use, might consider it for a project.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#19]
dunbestsst idea ever.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I think swingset posted a thread about that method like 10 years ago.

I tried it.  It works.   Awkward, tho.

Wouldn't be difficult to make a AR bumpfire stock from scratch, tho.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I was expecting some majorly Jethro engineering, but holy fuck
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]
if you're really poor you can just use your other finger instead of a bump board
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
if you're really poor you can just use your other finger instead of a bump board
View Quote

This.  When I was younger I learned to bump fire very easily and relatively controlled from shoulder level with both my AKs and ARs. You can do it easy with an AK, some ARs can be tricky to get right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks kinda fun
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]
That is awesome
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#27]
If that pistol gets out your hand it's going to spin while it dumps that mag. You'd have to be crazy to use that thing....
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Where can I get the Cherry wood, engraved version ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#29]
So everyone has already forgotten about the old heavy rubber band trick?  And hell no I won't post it on an open forum.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For those dumb enough to pay $300+ for a "bump fire stock" I'm about to make you very angry:

View Quote

Question:  How poor are you?

Does throwing away $300 on a hobby make you Angry?

'Cause the people who spent that much on a slidefire don't think about it that way.  

It's like spending 3 bills on a dinner, or ammo, or a present for the wife.      Not a big deal, unless you are really weird, or really poor.      

Fwiw, I haven't bought one, but I have thought about making one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So everyone has already forgotten about the old heavy rubber band trick?  And hell no I won't post it on an open forum.
View Quote

That, Sir, is a machine gun.

...and you've already said enough to implicate yourself.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#32]
The AK model was 99 dollars on PSA last week.  I have one that I got years ago that works great.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#33]
FTBATFE
FBHO
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ban rubberbands. Its's for the children.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, but no!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#36]
RIP Barry
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did the belt-loop method.

Also, just holding a stick or wooden dowel rod in your hand in the trigger guard works, too.

The 2x4 and dowel method is basically foolproof, tho.   First try with it, I bumped a 30 round mag without a hitch.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#38]
What perplexes me is the old man is wearing a Danzig shirt
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#39]
doubletap
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If that pistol gets out your hand it's going to spin while it dumps that mag. You'd have to be crazy to use that thing....
View Quote
This. And what about the muzzle rise during firing. It seems like lead would have been raining down on the neighbors

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

'Cause the people who spent that much on a slidefire don't think about it that way.  

It's like spending 3 bills on a dinner, or ammo, or a present for the wife.      Not a big deal, unless you are really weird, or really poor.      

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't make me angry,

I found a humerus video that reminded me of something and made me wonder that is all.

I can tell you though that I would not go out and spend $300 on something I could build myself though.  $20-$25 maybe, but that's about it and only if it looked nice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how poor are you? You just said that spending 300 is no big deal unless you are really poor, but then go on to say that you are considering building one instead of just buying one. So are you really poor?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#44]
They looked to have enjoyed it.

Not really my cup of tea however.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately, it didn't happen while those 2 hillbillys were using it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So how poor are you? You just said that spending 300 is no big deal unless you are really poor, but then go on to say that you are considering building one instead of just buying one. So are you really poor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not  say I was considering building one, I said that I would build one before I spent that much money on one, because buying what I would build for less than a 20th of the cost would be stupid.  I have no reason for either one, my finger works just fine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I've probably made a couple of dozen bumpfire stocks of various designs.

Some were wood, or had wood parts.

None that ugly, though.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#48]
NO thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I did not  say I was considering building one, I said that I would build one before I spent that much money on one, because buying what I would build for less than a 20th of the cost would be stupid.  I have no reason for either one, my finger works just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My comment was directed to billofrights
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the rubber band behind the trigger and around the mag well trick? that's a machinegun now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top