Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you predict page 2?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

Didn't think you were still around.

For reference. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1582943_I_m_from_the_future_ask_me_anything.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tommy101:
John Titor was a first generation time traveler. To summarize his timeline and dates were messed up and his brain got somewhat fried during the whole process. The stuff he says though does come from a memory bank though..... Did I mention for yall to stock up on 7.62x39,7.62x51, 5.56, 223 and all other non hollow point rounds that are "armor piercing"? Load up on high cap mags also.

The man will come for it. Don't give it to him he's not polite. Your really gonna need it someday.

Didn't think you were still around.

For reference. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1582943_I_m_from_the_future_ask_me_anything.html

Ya im still around lurking and creeping on occasion. It's amazing to see how things are changing so quickly that's why I chose this time period.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I see your John Titor and raise you a Billy Pilgrim and call.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
What's up Tommy?

when do we start Laying GLASS over SyrianIraqistan?

Next, Does the USA form alliance of necessity with the Russians, against the common Islamic threat, or do we continue with the FULL Retard policy of pushing the Sino-Soviet axis.?

third question between present day and 2048, what kills more people on the African continent : Chinese commies, or Ebola?

Glad to see you re still Here
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tommy101] [#5]
Originally Posted By Fullpower:
What's up Tommy?
when do we start Laying GLASS over SyrianIraqistan?
Next, Does the USA form alliance of necessity with the Russians, against the common Islamic threat, or do we continue with the FULL Retard policy of pushing the Sino-Soviet axis.?
third question between present day and 2048, what kills more people on the African continent : Chinese commies, or Ebola?

Glad to see you re still Here
View Quote

We never get out of the middle eastern wars and there is never peace there.
It would really anger and surprise a lot of folks if they knew who the true instigators and key players were if they haven't figured it out already...
Ebola/ other diseases
Glad you remember me
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

That's funny. I was reading about a bunch of weird Coast to Coast AM stuf type stuff lately, that guy included.

I also came across the Berenstein Bears alternate reality theory. Google that for a real WTF:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rustler:
What are your thoughts?  Been a few years since I read through his posts.  Wonder how accurate it is at this point?

http://www.anomalies.net/category/exclusives/john-titor/

Some of the young whippersnappers probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  

I don't buy it, but the guy definitely had some very good insight.  

Probably time for another read through his posts.

That's funny. I was reading about a bunch of weird Coast to Coast AM stuf type stuff lately, that guy included.

I also came across the Berenstein Bears alternate reality theory. Google that for a real WTF:

Holy shit!

You have blown my mind (feels exactly like that gif) now rendered the rest of my day non-productive, because it is and always had been berenstein, and I have had to call up family members and friends to verify. We are all from Universe E, apparently, and have only been in here in Universe A for a short while (possibly 2 years, since this would have come up before this).  That is really freaky.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Interesting stuff.  The concepts of how the world works were an interesting read.  

Al Bielek was another interesting nutjob story.  
View Quote

FIXT
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#8]
Originally Posted By StewartTR:

Seriously?  Or are you just being a smart ass?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jchewie1:
Titor was an Arfcommer's creation.

Seriously.
Spearweasel
Do some google action.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see Tommy is still around

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Seriously.
Spearweasel
Do some google action.
View All Quotes

Seriously.
Spearweasel
Do some google action.

I found and Arf profile and a long defunct domain name that may have had Titor related info on it at one time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]

I found and Arf profile and a long defunct domain name that may have had Titor related info on it at one time.
View All Quotes

Seriously.
Spearweasel
Do some google action.

Impossible to verify his claims, but search john titor spearweasel site:www.ar15.com

Last post.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/942106_.html

Other threads in that search show this has been known for over a decade, and it was probably that long ago that I read it here.

I found the thread title amusing - haven't heard the name John Titor for a long time.  I actually heard him mentioned on late night AM radio at least once, again a decade or more ago, can't remember if it was coast to coast or something else.  Didn't ever read what he predicted, just remember internet buzz and chat about him being from the future, wars, rumors of wars, whatever.
You're from the future? Really?  Rather than go visit the MIT and Stanford physics departments you post about future events on the internet?

Anyway, I figured this revelation was still common knowledge here, and hope I didn't destroy anyone's belief in the time traveling tooth fairy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Choking_Hazard] [#12]
Impossible to verify his claims, but search john titor spearweasel site:www.ar15.com

Last post.

Other threads in that search show this has been known for over a decade, and it was probably that long ago that I read it here.

I found the thread title amusing - haven't heard the name John Titor for a long time.  I actually heard him mentioned on late night AM radio at least once, again a decade or more ago, can't remember if it was coast to coast or something else.  Didn't ever read what he predicted, just remember internet buzz and chat about him being from the future, wars, rumors of wars, whatever.
You're from the future? Really?  Rather than go visit the MIT and Stanford physics departments you post about future events on the internet?

Anyway, I figured this revelation was still common knowledge here, and hope I didn't destroy anyone's belief in the time traveling tooth fairy.
View Quote

People like this get away with these claims because everyone wants to hear a good story about the "future"  instead of forcing them into a falsifiable premise.  Ask the boring day to day questions about their lives, ask about the home they grew up in, etc.  It's boring, but would end most of this shit very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
What are your thoughts?  Been a few years since I read through his posts.  Wonder how accurate it is at this point?

Yeah - The Mandela Effect is trippy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 0100010:

View All Quotes

... holy shit
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]

That's the stinker right there.  All the very clever creative bull shit and the only excuse he fabricated for coming back as an ancient POS computer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kihn:
Memories....  It was a General Electric Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit model C204 if memory serves.  Powered by dual counter rotating energy solved Kerr field micro singularites.  I probably have old saved images from Pams original posts on an old hard drive somewhere.

It was all about the IBM 5100. It was the key.

That's the stinker right there.  All the very clever creative bull shit and the only excuse he fabricated for coming back as an ancient POS computer.

The IBM 5100 is actually what makes this so interesting. Far from a POS, it was actually an incredibly powerful machine.

The Titor stories are the first published references to the 5100 having a System 370 emulator. It does, in fact, emulate a System 370 in order to execute APL code. The way it ran APL wasn't widely known until the Titor stuff came up. Prior to that it was assumed that the 5100 ran APL natively, but it turns out the way it runs APL is to emulate the processor of a mainframe. Apparently that was easier than porting APL to the new architecture.

I still think the most likely explanation is that this is a well executed hoax; whoever wrote the Titor stories either worked on the 5100 or was friends with someone who did. Still, that's a very minute detail with a lot of meaning behind it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VeritatisUnus] [#16]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOBtnU-zSA
View Quote

cool
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Titor was an Einstein of his time, he was to smart for his own good, a founding father of time travel if you will. Some say he is still alive... There are theories on his whereabouts and actions but it's speculation. Titor once said "ignorance must be bliss cause enlightenment is absolute torture"
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, Tommy101, who is the next president of the United States?  Who wins the World Series?  When, if ever, does another nuke detonate in anger?

No crapola about "timelines," just straight answers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

really ??
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Everything seemed very well done and believable...

Until he said he was part of the future's "shotgun brigade" or "shotgun militia."

An entire brigade made up of just shotgunners?

You can BS a lot of groups...but not gun owners.
View Quote

yep.  I'm like, nope, no way is any type of unit going to be wholly comprised of shotgunners lol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SoCalJBT:
Well, Tommy101, who is the next president of the United States?  Who wins the World Series?  When, if ever, does another nuke detonate in anger?

View Quote

Yall won't be happy about the next president
I never kept up with baseball so i don't know
There will be a nuke go off before 2048
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
The concepts of how the world works were an interesting read.  
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion10182011] [#23]
Originally Posted By phurba:
The IBM 5100 is actually what makes this so interesting. Far from a POS, it was actually an incredibly powerful machine.

The Titor stories are the first published references to the 5100 having a System 370 emulator. It does, in fact, emulate a System 370 in order to execute APL code. The way it ran APL wasn't widely known until the Titor stuff came up. Prior to that it was assumed that the 5100 ran APL natively, but it turns out the way it runs APL is to emulate the processor of a mainframe. Apparently that was easier than porting APL to the new architecture.

I still think the most likely explanation is that this is a well executed hoax; whoever wrote the Titor stories either worked on the 5100 or was friends with someone who did. Still, that's a very minute detail with a lot of meaning behind it.
View Quote

I don't know the his stories so I don't know why they wanted the old computer or why they wanted to run APL code.  But I do work with computers and know the emulators are very common.  Your smart phone could run and IBM 5100 emulator and probably do it faster then the original mainframe it emulated.  I don't have any experience with APL so I don't know what makes it special but languages die off because better one comes along.  In the time he is supposed to be from even the languages we use today may be old hat by then.

I suspect it would be much easier to code an emulator than to build a time machine even if we had the technology to build one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JSmithXYY:

yep.  I'm like, nope, no way is any type of unit going to be wholly comprised of shotgunners lol.
View All Quotes

Until he said he was part of the future's "shotgun brigade" or "shotgun militia."

His definition of a shotgun brigade might be different than yours. What if they were a frontline battle regiment?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#25]

His definition of a shotgun brigade might be different than yours. What if they were a frontline battle regiment?
View All Quotes

This one I know.  It was explained as more of a nick name then a description of their battle tactics/equipment.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey Tommy - What's the most ridiculous item from your perspective that you see people spending money on/obsessing over here in GD?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Not Scott Walker
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lichter50:
Hey Tommy - What's the most ridiculous item from your perspective that you see people spending money on/obsessing over here in GD?
View Quote

Women , I think it's all relative to one's priorities so it's hard to say
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Does Titor predict what ammo we should stock up on for Neckbearding?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Titor doesn't predict what ammo but I already told you what to stock up on. Titor just said to stock up on ammo in general
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Yes, neckbeard all the things.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By macman37:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:

It's too expensive to diversify my portfolio that much.  I need to focus on the next big hedge fund!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Choking_Hazard:

People like this get away with these claims because everyone wants to hear a good story about the "future"  instead of forcing them into a falsifiable premise.  Ask the boring day to day questions about their lives, ask about the home they grew up in, etc.  It's boring, but would end most of this shit very quickly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Choking_Hazard:

Last post.

It's nothing but another bit of science fiction.  I still enjoyed reading it, mostly because the format was unique (not a book or movie but rather forums postings).
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kihn:
Memories....  It was a General Electric Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit model C204 if memory serves.  Powered by dual counter rotating energy solved Kerr field micro singularites.  I probably have old saved images from Pams original posts on an old hard drive somewhere.

It was all about the IBM 5100. It was the key.

Actually, there is an article I read where the author tracked down the IBM programmers that made the 5100. All of them. There were only a few that actually knew about the ability to emulate and do APL (or whatever).

The IBM guy in charge was shocked that someone would even know about the 5100's ability...as it was hidden, and deleted eventually. None of the people fit the bill of John Titor...and were just as shocked someone knew about this stuff.

It was a very very obscure thing about that computer I guess, that only a few people knew about...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#35]
If you believe any of that crock of horseshit for even a fraction of a second than this needs to be you:

Seriously?

How freaking stupid do you need to be?

First not only does Einstein say it's impossible, as well as basic fucking common sense and critical thinking, but where the hell is the evidence?

Some random dude pops up on a conspiracy site and claims to be a time traveler and states a bunch of "future events" that Captain Obvious could have predicted (and gets completely wrong all  the rest) and his only "evidence" is his own word, and some pictures of a bad prop which only he has seen and photographs so of course all the conspiracy nutjobs blindly accept it as fact.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain_Morgan] [#36]
Originally Posted By missme:

Holy shit!

You have blown my mind (feels exactly like that gif) now rendered the rest of my day non-productive, because it is and always had been berenstein, and I have had to call up family members and friends to verify. We are all from Universe E, apparently, and have only been in here in Universe A for a short while (possibly 2 years, since this would have come up before this).  That is really freaky.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Ok, what the fuck...

I could have *sworn* it was Berenstein. Like, I was positive, but my wife texted me a pic of an old book we have in my son's room, and sure enough it's Berenstain.  That's weird.  I'm guessing it has to do with the human brain remembering "stein" as a common suffix in surnames and confusing the memory.

Oddly enough, I had always thought the Tienenman Square "Tank Man" was squished by the tank up until I saw the video of the event last year. Apparently that is a commonly errant memory as well. I'm thinking that one has to do with the brain's assumption of what occurred based on the picture and an understanding of the sheisty-ness of the Chicoms.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Ok, what the fuck...

I could have *sworn* it was Berenstein. Like, I was positive, but my wife texted me a pic of an old book we have in my son's room, and sure enough it's Berenstain.  That's weird.  I'm guessing it has to do with the human brain remembering "stein" as a common suffix in surnames and confusing the memory.

Oddly enough, I had always thought the Tienenman Square "Tank Man" was squished by the tank up until I saw the video of the event last year. Apparently that is a commonly errant memory as well. I'm thinking that one has to do with the brain's assumption of what occurred based on the picture and an understanding of the sheisty-ness of the Chicoms.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Ok, what the fuck...

Asked my mom if she remembered the name, and she remembers as Stain.  Going to have to ask my wife this evening what she remembers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Yeah, just as we all knew - you're a lying dork.  

Read this, especially the part at the end about the computer expert, and the identity of "time traveler" John Titor will no longer be a mystery.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tommy101] [#39]
The original book was spelled the berenstEin bears and the authors last names was berenstAin. Google berenstEin bears and see what comes up. This is a common example of what's known as "time glitches" and these occur when a time traveler has altered the current reality timeline. This is highly illegal for time travelers but they still happen.
Often times older folks will remember something being different and pass it off as old age or bad memory but in reality there memories were correct. Who here from the 1980's remembers nelson Mandela dying in prison and his funeral being televised?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#40]
The original book was spelled the berenstEin bears and the authors last names was berenstAin. Google berenstEin bears and see what comes up. This is a common example of what's known as "time glitches" and these occur when a time traveler has altered the current reality timeline. This is highly illegal for time travelers but they still happen.
Often times older folks will remember something being different and pass it off as old age or bad memory but in reality there memories were correct. Who here from the 1980's remembers nelson Mandela dying in prison and his funeral being televised?
View Quote

I just called a bunch of old people. They all remember Nelson Mandela dying a few years ago. Nobody thought he died in prison.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#41]

This one I know.  It was explained as more of a nick name then a description of their battle tactics/equipment.

View All Quotes

That is how I read it/thought of it. Jargon or generic term. Maybe for a hastily put together unit. Like a 'shotgun house' is a small/short house, not a house that is a shotgun.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Ehh...but he also posted photos of a shotgun inside the time machine truck...a Remington 870 Marine Magnum I believe...

Lol.

But the rest of his story is pretty cool to read about.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#43]
OK...Is Tommy101 a time traveler too?

And JT was from 2036...16 years from now...and I guess he was about 30-40 years old when he appeared in the early 2001-2002 time frame...so that would make him 15-20 years old RIGHT NOW...anyone found his social media presence?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#44]
Originally Posted By Beach:
OK...Is Tommy101 a time traveler too?

And JT was from 2036...16 years from now...and I guess he was about 30-40 years old when he appeared in the early 2001-2002 time frame...so that would make him 15-20 years old RIGHT NOW...anyone found his social media presence?
View Quote

We aren't saying Titor was actually a time traveler...I mean he was calling for civil wars in 2004, and nuclear war etc...never happened.

We are saying his story was fun to read about...and the science behind his time travelling theories were intriguing and based a lot on real science...or at least theoretical science. ha
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Hillary or Warren ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm from the future, ask me anything.
View Quote

When does true AI come on line?

Are there any non human, natural events that affect/effect human kind? East Coast Tsunamis, New Madrid, Yellow Stone...

Does or when is the Second Temple built in Jerusalem?

Is there another 9-11 like event in the CONUS?

What is the average dirt in 2048? Life expectancy?

Are clones, human clones relevant?

Name 1 major scientific discovery between NOW and 2048.

How close to the speed of light can man travel in 2048?

What year does cold fusion get scaled and brought on line? Does it ever?

What is the predominant power source from 2048? Solar? Geo?

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Ya im still around lurking and creeping on occasion. It's amazing to see how things are changing so quickly that's why I chose this time period.
View Quote

What is the primary reason for your time travel back to this era? What were you sent here for? And WHY Mississippi?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]

What is the primary reason for your time travel back to this era? What were you sent here for? And WHY Mississippi?
View All Quotes

I think he said he liked the times or something and lives on a farm?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#49]
WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST FROM 2048?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I do have a faint memory of Mandela dying in prison, almost as if it was a dream...I know he left prison and became , some say a great man...but deep in my brain I also think he died a prisoner...
Page / 56
John Titor (Page 2 of 56)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top