Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

John Titor (Page 12 of 56)
Page / 56
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smithy] [#1]
Since the grandfather paradox does not apply because of the different timelines you speak of then I am confused a bit.

According to your logic there is an infinite number of timelines, which means there is an infinite number of futures.

From the future timeline that you are from how do you select which timeline to go back to when you are time traveling? Also, you mentioned remote viewing or sending messages from the future to the time travelers in the past. How do they choose which timeline to remote view or to send the messages to?

See diagram below for visual of what I am trying to comprehend. If I am following this right then we are on the 2010 Tommy timeline.

Somewhere out there in the multiverse there is a timeline where John Titor never came back, and you just happen to have been sent back to the timeline that has Titor in it?
My head hurts.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Smithy:

Since the grandfather paradox does not apply because of the different timelines you speak of then I am confused a bit.

According to your logic there is an infinite number of timelines, which means there is an infinite number of futures.

From the future timeline that you are from how do you select which timeline to go back to when you are time traveling? Also, you mentioned remote viewing or sending messages from the future to the time travelers in the past. How do they choose which timeline to remote view or to send the messages to?

See diagram below for visual of what I am trying to comprehend. If I am following this right then we are on the 2010 Tommy timeline.

Somewhere out there in the multiverse there is a timeline where John Titor never came back, and you just happen to have been sent back to the timeline that has Titor in it?

My head hurts.

http://s29.postimg.org/idplt89qv/timeline.jpg
View Quote

Based on my (limited) understanding from casual reading, I believe the time machine has some sort of gravity or "density" sensor, and that gravity is different in all timelines.  Supposedly it "locks" onto the gravity of "your" timeline, and tries to stay locked to it when you go back.  Due to the 1.5% variance of the sensor (or whatever), you have chance of going to a timeline that's 1.5% different than your own.

Or something along those lines.  Fun reading, and interesting to think about.  :)
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet another John Titor hoax on yet another web site. I've seen trolls like tommy pop on multiple boards. Just bored guys jerking people's change with the same vague nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Yet another John Titor hoax on yet another web site. I've seen trolls like tommy pop on multiple boards. Just bored guys jerking people's change with the same vague nonsense.
View Quote

So?

Sometimes the internet can be fun.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By motoguy:

Based on my (limited) understanding from casual reading, I believe the time machine has some sort of gravity or "density" sensor, and that gravity is different in all timelines.  Supposedly it "locks" onto the gravity of "your" timeline, and tries to stay locked to it when you go back.  Due to the 1.5% variance of the sensor (or whatever), you have chance of going to a timeline that's 1.5% different than your own.

Or something along those lines.  Fun reading, and interesting to think about.  :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My head hurts.

That's a fairly close description of time travel in relation to timelines and the amount of time I traveled back in. 1.5% divergence isn't much and keep in mind it could be as low as zero percent. I'm being extremely generous with a 1.5% divergence ratio.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:

This. Remember when we talked next week about the whole Stolen Valor thing with pretend time travelers?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:
Originally Posted By SoCalJBT:
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
My point is that you're taking this more seriously than anyone else in the thread.

Or, maybe I'm a real time traveler who is getting ticked off at the fraud.

This. Remember when we talked next week about the whole Stolen Valor thing with pretend time travelers?

Yes, of course I now remember.  We're sending an enforcer back in time to change Tommy's early life actions. A small change, like losing a checkers game instead of winning it like he originally did, will deter him from volunteering for the time experiments.  This thread and all the contamination that Tommy caused will be disappeared.  The only remaining contamination will be that the Berenstains won't be writing any children's books.  Instead they will change their family name to Finklestein and open a chain of dry cleaners.  Threads on internet sites will have vague references to confusion over what business the Finklesteins are in and exactly how their last name is spelled.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tommy101:

That's a fairly close description of time travel in relation to timelines and the amount of time I traveled back in. 1.5% divergence isn't much and keep in mind it could be as low as zero percent. I'm being extremely generous with a 1.5% divergence ratio.
View All Quotes

My head hurts.

But, could they intentionally send you to a timeline completely diverged from your own?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]
One more question. Will 41P pass?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]

But, could they intentionally send you to a timeline completely diverged from your own?
View All Quotes

My head hurts.

I think Yall are a bit confused on the timelines. It's not like there are many separate timelines with totally different worlds and you just can't hop on one or someone can't send you to a timeline they want u to go on. The further back in time you travel the greater the possible divergence ratio, it's just that simple. I only traveled back from 2048 so the divergence percentile is very low and what that means is that most of all of what I'm saying will come to pass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#11]

I think Yall are a bit confused on the timelines. It's not like there are many separate timelines with totally different worlds and you just can't hop on one or someone can't send you to a timeline they want u to go on. The further back in time you travel the greater the possible divergence ratio, it's just that simple. I only traveled back from 2048 so the divergence percentile is very low and what that means is that most of all of what I'm saying will come to pass.
View All Quotes

My head hurts.

Not confused at all. Take for instance the TV show Fringe. It only shows 2 different timelines but from what you say there are an infinite amount. Can you travel to any number of the timelines or just the timeline that you originated from?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
You can only travel to the timeline you originated from because that's part of time travel regulations. Technically speaking anything that's gonna cause a divergence is outlawed by time travel regulation but there are things that slip through the cracks..
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#13]
In other news I see masses of a certain demographic rioting and protesting. What they don't understand is they are being played for fools by the elite that are pulling the strings. These protests around America  will become worse and more violent then there is gonna be an event take place that causes an all out battle. In the end these thug protestors are gonna be on the losing side of things.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
So some random questions concerning your prognostications-

a) Rocket Propulsion- Does the EmDrive/Cannae Drive recently work? If it does, do you know how it works? And how are spacecraft provided with energy? Fission, fusion, solar? Singularities? Infinite Improbability?

Article about the EmDrive: http://www.inquisitr.com/2040259/did-nasa-just-accidentally-produce-a-warp-bubble-emdrive-could-lead-to-warp-drive/

b) Grid/off-grid power- Where does most power used domestically come from for citizens of the Federation? Fission? Renewables? Fusion? What sort of fusion? Treadmills?

c) The Metric System/SI- Will the US convert away from freedom-based customary units of measurement (yes I know they're defined in SI units but still) and go "hard metric" before 2048? If so, was it a US government initiative or was it imposed by the Federation? How long before I have to bury my yardstick in a bit of PVC pipe?

In this case "hard metric" is taken to mean the abolition of customary units that we commonly use and replaced in everyday use exclusively by metric or SI ones.

This is an entertaining thread. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
Nope. The "time dilation" in general and special relativity from orbiting astronauts, or even the act of taking accurate atomic clocks to deep valleys and tall mountains to detect the millionth of a second difference is all consistent with there being no time. Think of the relativity examples of two clocks with pendulums. One standing on the street, one on a train going at 60mph over the railroad crossing tracks. The pendulum on the clock on the train looks like it's swinging in much longer bigger arcs and appears "slower".  Getting out of gravity wells, and moving at high relative speeds is the same effect.

All that happened is the entropy processes we think betray the existence of time happened differently, or even just appear different. Because like I also said above, there's no such thing as a clock that measures time. All that a clock is... is a device measuring repeated physical processes we assume happen in time.

If the Universe is just a "long now" with no time, then those physical processes just move. Entropy increase is statistical, not a function of time. Like the example of shaking the jar of two layers of colored beads or sand. Shake for a billion years, and it never runs "backwards". And our brains perceive this as time.
View Quote

You can't use the existence of time in your proof that time doesn't exist.

You can hear a frequency when you hear a musical note. You can distinguish it from a different frequency and some people can identify a frequency without any comparison. A sound is repeated compression waves of air and a note is repeated compression waves that happen at a regular and specific interval. The frequency of middle C is 261.6 Hertz, or compression waves per second. This can't happen unless there is time.

So, I refute it thus.

I don't know the name of the rock I just kicked, or its chemical composition, mass, volume, or melting point. I do know that it's there because I hurt my toes when I kicked it.

According to the logic you're using, if we can't define time, it doesn't exist. It doesn't work like that. Prior to quantum theory, they couldn't explain light. Specifically, they couldn't explain  black body radiation. We can be certain that light existed because when they applied their incorrect theories to it, they realized that the theories were wrong and they came up with one that worked.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#16]
In other news I see masses of a certain demographic rioting and protesting. What they don't understand is they are being played for fools by the elite that are pulling the strings. These protests around America  will become worse and more violent then there is gonna be an event take place that causes an all out battle. In the end these thug protestors are gonna be on the losing side of things.
View Quote

I have long suspected that.  They're whipped into a frenzy, causing the public to demand law and order, even if it's martial law.  They'll get it and the thugs will be put down.  But martial law will remain.  

Will CA be hit with devastating earthquakes and floods soon (say within ten years)? Will coastal cities like those at the SF Bay Area survive?

What of the magrav technology for future cities?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
how is this thread still alive?  

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#18]
they are being played for fools
View Quote

They are fools, and thugs that are looking for an excuse to act like animals, less than animals.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 4v50:

I have long suspected that.  They're whipped into a frenzy, causing the public to demand law and order, even if it's martial law.  They'll get it and the thugs will be put down.  But martial law will remain.
**The head of the nail has been hit.

Will CA be hit with devastating earthquakes and floods soon (say within ten years)? Will coastal cities like those at the SF Bay Area survive?
**Cali is gonna get hit within 10 years.
View All Quotes

**The head of the nail has been hit.

**Cali is gonna get hit within 10 years.

It will be in use but under strict control of the federation. The U.S. Military is already seeing effects of magrav technology. Look what happened to two carriers and a top secret drone within the last year...The founder of this technology offered it to the U.S. but our president snubs the guy and outlaws it via executive order. Remember the overall agenda....weaken America
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#20]
What about Edgar Cayce's predictions of rising waters?  The midwest is supposed to get flooded and parts of the East Coast becoming submerged.  What of the West Coast?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]
What about Edgar Cayce's predictions of rising waters?  The midwest is supposed to get flooded and parts of the East Coast becoming submerged.  What of the West Coast?
View Quote

I believe his prediction about that is farther in the future than 2048. Scientists are warning that when the glaciers melt that have come into the Midwest it could flood them and yes the ocean is rising. The ocean takes back New Orleans and what are coastal areas now are underwater in 2048.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Al Bielek indicated that he didn't recall seeing any other races in his future travels.

With current population trends it is predicted that whites will be a minority soon...does this trend hold true or is there a..."market correction" event?

Can you elaborate on who is a part of the "battle"?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess Tommy101 has gone into seclusion.  

Lot of commentators feel this is the year the wheels fall off and no one can deny it any longer.  

Will water be controlled?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Rustler:

View Quote
It's interesting enough to read, but too much made up stuff to be believable.

It's like listening to Art Bell.

I'm saddened C2C didn't take more advantage of time traveling shows. I think they did 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By N1Rampage:

I'm saddened C2C didn't take more advantage of time traveling shows. I think they did 1 or 2.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N1Rampage:

Time travel is one of my favorite things to read about. No, I don't believe all the stories lol, but there are interesting issues that come with time travel. The Star Trek episodes that feature time travel are my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:09:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R_Steel] [#26]
What are your thoughts?  Been a few years since I read through his posts.  Wonder how accurate it is at this point?

http://www.anomalies.net/category/exclusives/john-titor/

Some of the young whippersnappers probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  

I don't buy it, but the guy definitely had some very good insight.  

Probably time for another read through his posts.

View Quote

I'll give one. Titor was real.  But he came from alternate timeline or another reality in a parallel universe.

edit:  looks like this has been covered after twelve pages. Heh.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#27]
When I read through these threads, I wonder who believes what
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
View Quote

Cue that UFO picture with the caption, "I want to believe."  
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Because it lives in the future.  <sweeps hand across the sky>
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Al Bielek indicated that he didn't recall seeing any other races in his future travels.  

With current population trends it is predicted that whites will be a minority soon...does this trend hold true or is there a..."market correction" event?

View All Quotes

There are still all the current races in 2048. There is sizeable decline in all the races though. The world population decreases after certain events take place.
Almost everyone is involved in the "battle" in one form or another.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess Tommy101 has gone into seclusion.  

Lot of commentators feel this is the year the wheels fall off and no one can deny it any longer.  

Will water be controlled?
View Quote

There are some big changes coming up but when the wheels fall off even the most naive head in the sand person will know it. Right know a lot people are feeling something big is coming as many people I talk to usually have a pretty bleak outlook of the future.
Water is already being controlled in a lot of the western states and it's gonna get real nasty between the states as more and more water sources evaporate.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Anything interesting happen this summer?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

egh the grandfather paradox is so fucking retarded.

you travel back in time and kill your grandfather.

yes you could change things a lot but, you would still be alive because you were there before you killed your grandfather. the future would be kinda weird as there would be no records of you until you came back.

the only way to do it would be to travel back find some one to kill your grandfather and send them back before you told them to kill him.

that dude would remember you but eh.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Will they come after the gold/silver/platinum like they do the guns?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Will they come after the gold/silver/platinum like they do the guns?
View Quote

Yes they eventually come after that along with 401ks, bank accounts, and anything else they deem worthy of taking but it will be for the greater good of humanity and of course the children
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:

yes you could change things a lot but, you would still be alive because you were there before you killed your grandfather. the future would be kinda weird as there would be no records of you until you came back.

the only way to do it would be to travel back find some one to kill your grandfather and send them back before you told them to kill him.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:

Time travel guardians would take you out before you ever had a chance...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#38]
How do time travellers factor in the position of the earth? The earth isnt in the same place it will be in the future.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Tommy101 - any insights on the kid who supposedly went back to Gettysburg and saw Abe deliver the Gettysburg address?  He supposedly met John Burns who gave him a coat and shoes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Tommy101 - any insights on the kid who supposedly went back to Gettysburg and saw Abe deliver the Gettysburg address?  He supposedly met John Burns who gave him a coat and shoes.
View Quote

His name is Andrew Basiago an attorney from Washington state that claims he was part of a group of kids that the government used in 1968 in time travel experiments and that he went back and saw the Gettysburg address and was a bugle boy. He also claims he was in the the theater when Abe was assassinated but didn't see him get shot. He also claims he went to Mars.

Mr. Basiago was a 1st generation time traveler and as I have stated in previous posts there weren't safety measures in place to protect the time traveler from the extreme magnetic energy so there was a lot of "brain scrambling" going on. His date of 1968 is not right and there are other inconsistencies due to his brain damage. He believes time travel was created in 1968 but that is false, they did a lot of experimentation on the 1st gen travelers and there were no rules or regulations so they did a lot of stuff that's outlawed now. To put it short they did "time hops" with him and then his brain only remembered the childhood experiences of time travel.

I recently saw where he stated that CERN LHC was going to open up a black hole and suck the earth and everything else in it during the upcoming collisions and that it played no role in time travel, once again his brain is scrambled. He believes in the tesla time travel capsules which he is mistaking for the actual vehicle he was in when he entered the mini black hole via gravity leakage or gravity rainbow.  To be honest I feel sorry for the guy because he doesn't know any better and the guardians let him go about rambling cause he's not a threat. Everything he says does come from a place in his memory however so it's not all jibber jabber...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Tommy, when there's war in the US and obviously worldwide struggles, what's the status of Russia, China, and Europe?  Now with that...there must be someone pushing the buttons or pulling the strings from somewhere...what's their end game?  What's the purpose of this downfall?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Tommy, when there's war in the US and obviously worldwide struggles, what's the status of Russia, China, and Europe?  Now with that...there must be someone pushing the buttons or pulling the strings from somewhere...what's their end game?  What's the purpose of this downfall?
View Quote

It is during this time when a zealous leader will come on the scene and unite all of these countries as unbelievable as it might be. He will have one vision, one purpose, and one goal.... One unified world government with free will taken away. It will essentially be a new order in the world.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:06:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: operatorerror] [#43]
This leader...where is he from?  Country, continent, he's from somewhere. Is he already on the world scene?   You've got to have some idea, his primary language, education, some kind of background, anything.  His race, ethnicity, religion, something.  Short, tall, fat, thin, bald, old, young.    Just a charismatic man with a one world philosophy...there's got to be more info that you can divulge.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#44]
The time line thing that always bugged me is you would end up floating in space somewhere way behind or in front of where we would be. If you could try and compensate for that even if you were off a fraction of a percent you could end up in the earth or way up in the atmosphere or missing earth entirely
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By operatorerror:
This leader...where is he from?  Country, continent, he's from somewhere. Is he already on the world scene?   You've got to have some idea, his primary language, education, some kind of background, anything.  His race, ethnicity, religion, something.  Short, tall, fat, thin, bald, old, young.    Just a charismatic man with a one world philosophy...there's got to be more info that you can divulge.

View Quote

Wish I could divulge more but HE is alive right now.  There are people pulling strings right now that share this vision. People that would deliberately sabotage something so they can make that vision a reality.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Unfortunately, I think some may actually believe him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By E-Mag:

The time line thing that always bugged me is you would end up floating in space somewhere way behind or in front of where we would be. If you could try and compensate for that even if you were off a fraction of a percent you could end up in the earth or way up in the atmosphere or missing earth entirely
View Quote

Ever wonder what shooting stars are?  Now you know.

MIND BLOWN!!

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Wish I could divulge more but HE is alive right now.  There are people pulling strings right now that share this vision. People that would deliberately sabotage something so they can make that vision a reality.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By operatorerror:

Yes.  Please do not help us stop him.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#49]
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Some Earthquakes are caused by Time Travelers who materialized below the surface.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

Originally Posted By E-Mag:

Ever wonder what shooting stars are?  Now you know.
MIND BLOWN!!

Some Earthquakes are caused by Time Travelers who materialized below the surface.
Makes sense.

I predict I am the last post on page 12 no edit
Page / 56
John Titor (Page 12 of 56)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top