Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
John Titor (Page 1 of 56)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Posted: 3/16/2015 1:06:22 PM EDT
What are your thoughts?  Been a few years since I read through his posts.  Wonder how accurate it is at this point?

http://www.anomalies.net/category/exclusives/john-titor/

Some of the young whippersnappers probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  

I don't buy it, but the guy definitely had some very good insight.  

Probably time for another read through his posts.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Rustler:
What are your thoughts?  Been a few years since I read through his posts.  Wonder how accurate it is at this point?

http://www.anomalies.net/category/exclusives/john-titor/

Some of the young whippersnappers probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  

I don't buy it, but the guy definitely had some very good insight.  

Probably time for another read through his posts.

View Quote

Was an interesting read when it first came out.  Now.. not so much.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting stuff.  The concepts of how the world works were an interesting read.  

Al Bielek was another interesting story.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:01:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Positronic] [#3]
Tommy101 said  that Titor  was mostly full of shit.

. Who ya gonna believe ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Interesting stuff.  The concepts of how the world works were an interesting read.  

Al Bielek was another interesting story.  
View Quote

Oh? I'm always up for a fun story...
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Fullpower:

Tommy101 said  that Titor  was mostly full of shit.   .

. Who ya gonna believe ?

View Quote
But I believe Tommy did acknowledge him

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#6]
Titor was an Arfcommer's creation.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I remember reading his posts over a decade ago, it seems. I'd forgotte all about that. Were any of his posts proven accurate as time went by?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:
Damn, I remember reading his posts over a decade ago, it seems. I'd forgotte all about that. Were any of his posts proven accurate as time went by?
View Quote

Of course, there is the considerable issue that plenty of time travel theories would suggest that Titor could have easily been proven correct in HIS timeline, not ours, and both could be valid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember the photo's of the "device" about the size of a tool box.  It was in the back of a corvette IIRC.

What's great about the story is that Titor states that this is a different timeline from the one he left so the events could be off by date, never happen, or happen as predicted.  It was brilliant because there was always a way out.

Shotgun Militia

Civil War

Good times. :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a tall pile of steaming horseshit to me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
HA haven't heard that name for a while
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Screechjet1:

Of course, there is the considerable issue that plenty of time travel theories would suggest that Titor could have easily been proven correct in HIS timeline, not ours, and both could be valid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Screechjet1:
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:

Ah, yes of course. He referred to them as "worldlines", didn't he?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember reading about this on Above Top Secret way back in the day.

Nonsense, but a good story.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
You mean he wasn't real after all?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Everything seemed very well done and believable...

Until he said he was part of the future's "shotgun brigade" or "shotgun militia."

An entire brigade made up of just shotgunners?

You can BS a lot of groups...but not gun owners.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Memories....  It was a General Electric Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit model C204 if memory serves.  Powered by dual counter rotating energy solved Kerr field micro singularites.  I probably have old saved images from Pams original posts on an old hard drive somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#17]
John Titor was a first generation time traveler. To summarize his timeline and dates were messed up and his brain got somewhat fried during the whole process. The stuff he says though does come from a memory bank though..... Did I mention for yall to stock up on 7.62x39,7.62x51, 5.56, 223 and all other non hollow point rounds that are "armor piercing"? Load up on high cap mags also.

The man will come for it. Don't give it to him he's not polite. Your really gonna need it someday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tommy101:
John Titor was a first generation time traveler. To summarize his timeline and dates were messed up and his brain got somewhat fried during the whole process. The stuff he says though does come from a memory bank though..... Did I mention for yall to stock up on 7.62x39,7.62x51, 5.56, 223 and all other non hollow point rounds that are "armor piercing"? Load up on high cap mags also.

The man will come for it. Don't give it to him he's not polite. Your really gonna need it someday.
View Quote

I wish it wasn't so late.  I'm bored and I think I could have fun with this
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#19]

John Titor was a first generation time traveler.

View Quote

First generation time traveler my ass. For one to time travel time must exist. Time doesn't exist, time is a man made illusion.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:42:39 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Holy shit. It's the future.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By LGK:

First generation time traveler my ass. For one to time travel time must exist. Time doesn't exist, time is a man made illusion.

View All Quotes

Maybe not NOW, but in the future, time  does definitely exist.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jchewie1:
Titor was an Arfcommer's creation.
View Quote

Seriously?  Or are you just being a smart ass?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Everything seemed very well done and believable...

Until he said he was part of the future's "shotgun brigade" or "shotgun militia."

An entire brigade made up of just shotgunners?

You can BS a lot of groups...but not gun owners.
View Quote

If I recall, they didn't all carry shotguns, but they had several guys with them to breach, since much of the conflict was urban door-kicking. It was a nickname.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heartbreaker1373] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember the story- I like how the time machine diagram from the manual was pretty well done.  There was also the photo of the laser pointer bending as it was shot out of the "time machine".

I'll have to go look it up again.  I can't remember if he explained how the Corvette wouldn't wind up out in space somewhere when he got to his destination time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Once you've figured out the complexities of directional TIME displacement,  moving about in 3 dimensional space should be    a very simple matter..

Example: You  are flying in a cabin pressurized multi engine turbojet aircraft;  and have a choice of  several dozen  potential  airports  at which to land.... at each airport,  several different runways  used according to  traffic and wind direction.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#28]
Originally Posted By testify4:
I remember the story- I like how the time machine diagram from the manual was pretty well done.  There was also the photo of the laser pointer bending as it was shot out of the "time machine".

I'll have to go look it up again.  I can't remember if he explained how the Corvette wouldn't wind up out in space somewhere when he got to his destination time.
View Quote

Yes he did, and it was actually pretty genius...

Something about special, super sensitive gravity sensors that "lock" onto the specific gravity of your location, and when you begin to deviate from that gravity measurement during time travel, the sensors adjust somehow and keep you "anchored."

It was a pretty genius explanation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#29]
Some fun reading...the author was quite sharp.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/time_travel/johntitor03.htm

TimeTravel_0 : Altering gravity is not the hard part.
G° : LOL
Yareisa : go on...
TimeTravel_0 : Detecting gravity is the hard part.
TimeTravel_0 : I will tell you a little story.
TimeTravel_0 : When time travel was invented.
TimeTravel_0 : They built prototypes that would go back in time for a split second and then return.
TimeTravel_0 : They had sensors and cameras on them.
TimeTravel_0 : ...and they never returned.
G° : and forwards as well? how about a single jump forwards?
TimeTravel_0 : It was later discovered that the machines were ending up about 15 miles away and 3000 feet in the air.
TimeTravel_0 : feet
G° : doh!
TimeTravel_0 : The Earth was rotating away from them.
wyrmkin_37 : synchronization please
TimeTravel_0 : A system had to be invented that would "hold" the machine to the Earth.
TimeTravel_0 : Its called VGL.
TimeTravel_0 : Its based on very sensitive clocks and gravity sensors.
TimeTravel_0 : It stops the time distortion machine if radical changes in gravity are detected.
wyrmkin_37 : mechanical or electronic clocks
TimeTravel_0 : You wouldn't want to end up inside a mountain or under water...would you?
TimeTravel_0 : Cesium.
wyrmkin_37 : oh
G° : isn't all this classified? surely your supposed to keep it secret whilst in the past?
TimeTravel_0 : LOL!!!
TimeTravel_0 : I know you think I'm nuts...come on.
TimeTravel_0 : Who would believe me?
G° : just asking?
TimeTravel_0 : It my best defense.
wyrmkin_37 : isn't celsium a higher class of quartz? don't know
G° : but we don't have long to find out if you are or not
TimeTravel_0 : Besides...do you know how big a hole 2 singularities make when their magnetic filed collapses?
G° : won't be long before CERN (?) make the discovery
TimeTravel_0 : That's right.
G° : no
TimeTravel_0 : Welll....either do I. But I don't want to know.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

You can NEVER time travel because time does not exist.  "Does time exist" is one of humanity oldest questions. The ancients came to the conclusion that time does not exist. Philosophers throughout history supported their conclusion. Modern science back them up.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]

You can NEVER time travel because time does not exist.  "Does time exist" is one of humanity oldest questions. The ancients came to the conclusion that time does not exist. Philosophers throughout history supported their conclusion. Modern science back them up.
View All Quotes

Yes time exists.  It is the fourth dimension.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By anachronism:
You mean he wasn't real after all?
View Quote

Obviously not in this timeline. Butterfly effect. Made some small change and he just got disappeared (I hope he didn't come into contact with his younger self).
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 0100010:
Memories....  It was a General Electric Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit model C204 if memory serves.  Powered by dual counter rotating energy solved Kerr field micro singularites.  I probably have old saved images from Pams original posts on an old hard drive somewhere.
View Quote

It was all about the IBM 5100. It was the key.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

View All Quotes

That's the stinker right there.  All the very clever creative bull shit and the only excuse he fabricated for coming back as an ancient POS computer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Well first of all....by coming from the future and talking about it. He may have already changed the past.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By StewartTR:

View All Quotes

Fourth dimension my ass. Tell me what is time made off? Tell me what power clocks? Tell me what clocks measure?

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Seems like lots of trouble for a hoax
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:15:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#38]

That's the stinker right there.  All the very clever creative bull shit and the only excuse he fabricated for coming back as an ancient POS computer.

View All Quotes

i thought the 5100 was clever but Im no computer guy

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#39]
damn goobacks
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ_Dual] [#40]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Well first of all....by coming from the future and talking about it. He may have already changed the past.

View Quote

Not if you believe in the theory that time/reality branches and isn't locked in a straight line thus creating an infinite number of alternate existences. If that's the case then "traveling through time" isn't what really is going on, it's more like traveling to a date/point in a different parallel universe, one that either already branched off of ours, or is created as soon as you "land" there causing it to branch off.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#42]

View All Quotes

time travel does exist and humans have effectively traveled fwd in time. They are called astronauts and due to relativity when they leave earths gravity, they are micro seconds farther in time younger.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Didn't think you were still around.

For reference. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1582943_I_m_from_the_future_ask_me_anything.html
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tommy101] [#47]
I'm from the future, ask me anything.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Will shtf in the US before 2050? If so, what is one thing I should do to prepare?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By gaspain:

time travel does exist and humans have effectively traveled fwd in time. They are called astronauts and due to relativity when they leave earths gravity, they are micro seconds farther in time younger.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaspain:

That's a good question. However it proved time does not exist. In order for time to exist everybody have to move to the same drumbeat, ie Newton theory on Time. Time does not move in the same drumbeat as we now know.

Let use your example: Lets said the astronaut been in space so long, he is 1 year in the future from ground control. He call back to earth and ask ground control to send him a pizza. Lets think for a second, how is that possible? The ground control is his past. His present is 1 year in the future yet he is able to called his pass and order a pizza from ground control (his pass). It possible because "time" is relative to the person. Like the other poster posted the past and the future live in the present. There is no past there is no future, only present. Time travel cannot happen because everybody is living in the present.

If you're still confuse try reading this. Is more detail.

https://plus.maths.org/content/what-time-0

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By avlon06:

Will shtf in the US before 2050? If so, what is one thing I should do to prepare?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avlon06:

Yes, Hard to pinpoint what's the best one thing but I would say don't ever put all your eggs in one basket and always think about what you would do if the world as you know it now is turned upside down. In other words mentally prepare yourself.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
John Titor (Page 1 of 56)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top