Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You do realize companies like BMW don't even offer NA engines anymore?
Have you even watched the torture test? I strongly suggest you do. Unless Ford completely rigged this and rebuilt the turbos in the middle of the testing your whole post is busted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is, however:

Stress on the turbo remains the same as 1980s.  Unless physics has changed.

Turbo lubrication is same as 1980s, actually it's worse.  Fully synthetic oils today's aren't actually fully synthetic anymore.  The original Mobil 1 was a true PAO, today they are a high percentage PAO.

The more worrying part is how many guys will put fully synthetic oil in AND change it every 3,000 miles.

Metals have not significantly advanced either.

DI while it adds power and fuel economy, we just don't know yet whether the injectors will stand the test of time.  There already unsettling reports that the injectors may not have the life span we would like.  Replacing them will be very expensive.

So the Eco-boost has turbos which we know for certain do not last as long as a regular NA engine.
DI which "may" have longevity issues, with the injectors.

Did I mention this is made by Ford.  Saab, Volvo and VW all have 30 + years experience with Turbos.  Even with those guys, they don't last like their NA engines do, hence the decline in popularity.

Turbos are coming back because it's one way to meet the communist regulations of the EPA.

What could be better for business than making vehicles that don't last.

Have you even watched the torture test? I strongly suggest you do. Unless Ford completely rigged this and rebuilt the turbos in the middle of the testing your whole post is busted.

Ford marketing......  

This where you admit you don't know what you talking about.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You just lost 99.99% of Arfcom .  Been a few years since I've done any thermo, thankfully
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Direct injection gasoline blurs the line between Otto and Diesel cycles.  In both torque and thermodynamic efficiency.  But to make power, it has to go into a hybrid cycle.

Look at P-V diagrams.
You just lost 99.99% of Arfcom .  Been a few years since I've done any thermo, thankfully

Nonsense--GD is expert in everything. This has to do with how RNAi is activated by cleaving of dsRNA into ssRNA, right?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That 2.7 actually has me intrigued.  325 hp out of that little motherfucker. 164 cubic inches. Dayum.

I noticed they chose iron for the engine block.  Strength concern with aluminum?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is, however:

Turbo lubrication is same as 1980s, actually it's worse.  Fully synthetic oils today's aren't actually fully synthetic anymore.  The original Mobil 1 was a true PAO, today they are a high percentage PAO.

The more worrying part is how many guys will put fully synthetic oil in AND change it every 3,000 miles.

DI while it adds power and fuel economy, we just don't know yet whether the injectors will stand the test of time.  There already unsettling reports that the injectors may not have the life span we would like.  Replacing them will be very expensive.

So the Eco-boost has turbos which we know for certain do not last as long as a regular NA engine.

Did I mention this is made by Ford.  Saab, Volvo and VW all have 30 + years experience with Turbos.  Even with those guys, they don't last like their NA engines do, hence the decline in popularity.

Turbos are coming back because it's one way to meet the communist regulations of the EPA.

Ford marketing......  

Better than government motors

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

Feel free to enlighten us with your wisdom on that test.

Other Ford testing
http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/ArticleArchives/Red-HotTortureNewEcoBoostEngine%E2%80%99sTurbochargersGlowinDurabilityTesting.aspx

To validate their water-cooled turbo design choice, Ford engineers put EcoBoost through a special turbocharger test.

The test ran EcoBoost at maximum boost flat out for a 10-minute period.  Then the engine and all cooling were abruptly shut down and the turbo was left to “bake” after this high-speed operation.  If that sounds severe, imagine repeating this cycle 1,500 times without an oil change. That’s what EcoBoost’s turbos endured.

After 1,500 cycles, the turbos were cut open for detailed technical examination.  The turbos passed the severe test with flying colors.

“We’ve attained things here the customer would never be able to do in their vehicle,” Plagens said.  “Ten minutes of peak power (355 hp, 350 foot-pounds of torque) is something that’s probably only achievable in a vehicle for fractions of a minute, 10 seconds maybe in the extreme.  We run it for 10 minutes many, many times over, and that’s far, far more harsh and severe than a vehicle test would be.”
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a 2014 with the 3.5 motor.  It's so smooth it feels like an electric motor.  Kicks serious ass on the performance end, too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You really believe the paint issue hasn't been proven through exhaustive testing and analysis?
View Quote

Ford has major paint issues and has for years. The introduction of aluminum is just going to make it worse. There is tons of info on Google about it and at least one Facebook group that I am aware of with lots of members taking Ford to court over paint issues. My last F150 had these issues, paint coming off the roof in huge chunks. I didn't bother fighting it out with Ford. I'm very happy with my Tundra now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

Other Ford testing
http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/ArticleArchives/Red-HotTortureNewEcoBoostEngine%E2%80%99sTurbochargersGlowinDurabilityTesting.aspx

To validate their water-cooled turbo design choice, Ford engineers put EcoBoost through a special turbocharger test.

The test ran EcoBoost at maximum boost flat out for a 10-minute period.  Then the engine and all cooling were abruptly shut down and the turbo was left to “bake” after this high-speed operation.  If that sounds severe, imagine repeating this cycle 1,500 times without an oil change. That’s what EcoBoost’s turbos endured.

After 1,500 cycles, the turbos were cut open for detailed technical examination.  The turbos passed the severe test with flying colors.

“We’ve attained things here the customer would never be able to do in their vehicle,” Plagens said.  “Ten minutes of peak power (355 hp, 350 foot-pounds of torque) is something that’s probably only achievable in a vehicle for fractions of a minute, 10 seconds maybe in the extreme.  We run it for 10 minutes many, many times over, and that’s far, far more harsh and severe than a vehicle test would be.”

Don't worry, he ran out of knowledge on turbochargers a while ago.

Those of us who actually own turbocharged vehicles know what's up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

Other Ford testing

Please tell me what I got wrong.

Lawsuit already over the engine.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/05/16/ford-ecoboost-engine-problems/2168865/
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/05/16/ford-ecoboost-engine-problems/2168865/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford marketing......  

Other Ford testing

The lawsuit you posted has nothing to do with long term turbocharger durability.

Please tell me your extensive experience owning gasoline turbocharged vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The lawsuit you posted has nothing to do with long term turbocharger durability.

Please tell me your extensive experience owning gasoline turbocharged vehicles.
View Quote

This is a technique called changing the subject. But to address his article this issue was largely corrected on the '13 model year and was always correctable by utilizing the long skinny pedal to the floor more frequently.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The price of diesels a are not going down until people quit paying 20k for a 17yo truck with 200k miles  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish you guys would just buy all the EBs and drive down the price of diesel offerings.

kthx
The price of diesels a are not going down until people quit paying 20k for a 17yo truck with 200k miles  

And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I am actually glad, that makes my 05 with 120k miles worth more

But then again I dont know if I could sell it, I like it to much.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a 2014 FX4 Supercrew w/5.0. Love it. That said, the 2.7 would be high on my list for my next one, if I go with another F150.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

shit, how do I get involved in this 2013 lawsuit for my 2015 engine?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It is, however:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no substitute for displacement! I can't see how you can cram all that fuel and air in a small lightweight motor and expect it to pull or last like a larger motor. Maybe I am stuck in the past but turbo charging a small 4 or 6 cylinder motor and ask it to pull a loaded trailer or just work like a real truck in general and your asking for problems in my opinion. Sure if you want a truck to be cool or pull a small trailer or dump runs every other weekend fine it may work for you. Good luck on your purchase I truly hope it works out for you and please keep us informed.

You are correct.

Gasoline turbos fell out of mainstream favour 15-20 years ago because they don't last.

Changing gasoline turbos at 80,000-120,000 miles isn't fun or cheap.

Unless the laws of physics have changed since then, they still won't last.  

Ford's PR on this was good though.  They didn't want to call it a Turbo, so it's an "Eco-boost"........

There has been more technological advancement in the car industry in the last 20 years than every year prior. A turbo engine today is far superior to anything built in the 70's or 80's.

It is, however:

Turbo failure is usually due to the bearings in the turbo failing.  The cause of bearing failure in turbos is usually due to the oil coking when a hot turbo is shut down.  The oil is no longer circulating when you shut down the engine and the hot turbo can cook the oil.

The 80's was a huge time of transition.  Fuel injection, intake manifolds, ignition were way behind pollution control requirements.  By the 90's, engines were making enough power through improving all those areas that turbo's were not needed for most applications.  The turbo's in gasoline engines in the 80's were a quick bolt on solution to provide power.

The turbos on the Ecoboost engine are water cooled to prevent coking.  When the engine is shutdown, the water continues to circulate by natural convection and cools the turbo to prevent coking.

Water cooling is what changed on gasoline engine automotive turbo's since the 80's.  Also, testing was done on Ecoboost engines specifically to prove that even under extreme conditions the turbo will be cooled sufficiently by the water cooling system to prevent oil coking.

ETA:  Somebody already posted a link describing the water cooling test.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tailwinds FTW?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like my 3.5 EB, though I have had a couple issues with it.  I love that with $200, you can add a tune and gain approximately 100HP and 100lbft.    It's quicker than anything I've put it up against, and I'm getting spectacular mileage on mine.  2012 FX2 (RWD model) with 3.15 gears.  I get 18 city, and up to 25+ highway @ 65 mph on summer gas.  I've even gotten 30 mpg in a 30 minute stretch of highway driving before, according to the on board calculator.

Tailwinds FTW?

Only if I was getting a tailwind every day to and from school.  3.15 gears and RWD extended cab will net you fantastic mileage.  I have an average of 21.5 mpg in the last 30k miles.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
So far I have yet to see any EB owners complain about their trucks. So far only morons who don't own one or claim their friend, neighbor or others have issues with their EBs.
You can just feel the Ford hate from these people.
Stay classy GD.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
5.0 is the right choice IMO.

We even get folks looking for them on a GM lot, EB's not so much.
View Quote

This! The only one I'd buy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ford has major paint issues and has for years. The introduction of aluminum is just going to make it worse. There is tons of info on Google about it and at least one Facebook group that I am aware of with lots of members taking Ford to court over paint issues. My last F150 had these issues, paint coming off the roof in huge chunks. I didn't bother fighting it out with Ford. I'm very happy with my Tundra now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You really believe the paint issue hasn't been proven through exhaustive testing and analysis?

to be fair, a lot of those paint issues are probably the result of the EPA. They set limits on VOCs from the manufacturers, which is causing them to use inferior paints. Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So far I have yet to see any EB owners complain about their trucks. So far only morons who don't own one or claim their friend, neighbor or others have issues with their EBs.
You can just feel the Ford hate from these people.
Stay classy GD.
View Quote

There was a thread here a while back started by a dude who went through multiple engines because they kept grenading themselves for some reason. I think he was in Canada, maybe. If I remember right he had an oilfield job which required him to travel to remote places and the truck kept breaking down on him in the middle of nowhere. He made a big ole stink about it (Cant blame him). Examples of lemons can be found with anything ,  Ecoboosts are no exception.

I don't sense Ford hate from GD.   There are old school guys who will always be skeptical of new technology. Some guys have just started to accept the Overhead-cam design, and now Ford goes and pulls this shit.  Right or wrong, the Ecoboost will be compared to engines of yester-year by gearheads.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only if I was getting a tailwind every day to and from school.  3.15 gears and RWD extended cab will net you fantastic mileage.  I have an average of 21.5 mpg in the last 30k miles.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/Torque556/ARFCOM/20140702_061959_zps8d6d10e8.jpg
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/Torque556/20140730_143716_zpsabadaa18.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like my 3.5 EB, though I have had a couple issues with it.  I love that with $200, you can add a tune and gain approximately 100HP and 100lbft.    It's quicker than anything I've put it up against, and I'm getting spectacular mileage on mine.  2012 FX2 (RWD model) with 3.15 gears.  I get 18 city, and up to 25+ highway @ 65 mph on summer gas.  I've even gotten 30 mpg in a 30 minute stretch of highway driving before, according to the on board calculator.

Tailwinds FTW?

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/Torque556/ARFCOM/20140702_061959_zps8d6d10e8.jpg
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/Torque556/20140730_143716_zpsabadaa18.jpg

I drive speed limit ~+ a couple miles, and right now I've got a lifetime average of 18.6 mpg;

however, my 3.5L EB really likes to be about 55-65mph, when I do I get results like this:

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who told you that the 3.5 is faster from 0-60 than Chevy's 6.2? I can tell you from first-hand experience, in the real world, that that is 100% false.

The 3.5 is better than I expected to be, but I still wouldn't buy one. And their mileage is not as good as Ford claims it to be...
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23O-hS-r0gQ

Was the new Chevy 6.2 in there?  I can't remember but wanted to hit the link here for discussion.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tailwinds FTW?

I average 13.5 on my 09 5.4. Must be nice to see numbers like that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They won't last like the 5.0 will, which is great tried and tested engine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great synopsis.  People don't understand how the Ford tech is changing the ball game right now.  It is sad that the 302 will not benefit from a factory Ecoboost setup.  The next generation Ecoboost will be the cat's meow from what I see.

They won't last like the 5.0 will, which is great tried and tested engine.

The only thing the 5.0 they're running now has in common with the "tested" 5.0 that I think you're talking about is that it has 8 cylinders and roughly 302ci of displacement.  The tech in these Ford motors is damn amazing and are miles away from anything else on the road. Variable Cam Timing, Direct Injection, on and on.  

The fact that these motors are going untouched turning over 250k miles on a regular basis, that says something about their durability in my mind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I would love to have the 3.5 EB motor. I just don't want the rest of the truck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is so much bullshit. I have never had a Ford with paint problems. I own five of them currently and none of them or the 20 others I have owned have peeled. GM on the other hand I have had horrible luck with.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I have never seen a Ford with paint issues. I have seen lots of GMs with peeling clearcoat and Dodges with paint flaking off down to bare metal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You must have missed the 90s F series paint issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never seen a Ford with paint issues. I have seen lots of GMs with peeling clearcoat and Dodges with paint flaking off down to bare metal.

I had a 96 F150. It was a little stripey on top of the cab but not bad enough to get it redone.

It might have been a regional thing. I paint for a living and can't seem to remember seeing issues with Fords.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#31]
that all sounds great but i'm glad to have a 5.4 in my '12 expedition
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#32]
How doe the EB sound? How would you compare it to the 5.7 in the ram?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]
G
Quoted:

Ford marketing......  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is, however:

Ford marketing......  

5.0 with supercharger ftw
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great synopsis.  People don't understand how the Ford tech is changing the ball game right now.  It is sad that the 302 will not benefit from a factory Ecoboost setup.  The next generation Ecoboost will be the cat's meow from what I see.
View Quote

I have no idea what the engineering complications would be, but would that set up not be just a frickin MONSTER?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How the fuck do I change the oil in my air filter?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no substitute for displacement! I can't see how you can cram all that fuel and air in a small lightweight motor and expect it to pull or last like a larger motor. Maybe I am stuck in the past but turbo charging a small 4 or 6 cylinder motor and ask it to pull a loaded trailer or just work like a real truck in general and your asking for problems in my opinion. Sure if you want a truck to be cool or pull a small trailer or dump runs every other weekend fine it may work for you. Good luck on your purchase I truly hope it works out for you and please keep us informed.

You are correct.

Gasoline turbos fell out of mainstream favour 15-20 years ago because they don't last.

Ford's PR on this was good though.  They didn't want to call it a Turbo, so it's an "Eco-boost"........

You are aware that you need to change both the oil in the engine and the air filter right? If you dont change those things then yes, you may have problems with your turbo. Also, dont turn the vehicle off when the turbo has just been whipped like a race horse. Give it a minute to cool down a bit before turning off the vehicle.
How the fuck do I change the oil in my air filter?  

Drain it,  clean it, fill it to the "oil level" line.    Not rocket surgery   Oh wait, it is not 1956

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No comparison, Hemi hands down.

Ive had 3 Hemis ( 2 of 5.7, 1 6.4) and currently have the EB. EB is nice, but sound wise it doesnt even compare
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately the sound of the EB leaves much to be desired.  It'll never sound like a V8, no matter what exhaust you get.  You can do a few tricks to get the turbos a bit louder, and that helps for most people.  I love the sound of turbos.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the sound of the EB leaves much to be desired.  It'll never sound like a V8, no matter what exhaust you get.  You can do a few tricks to get the turbos a bit louder, and that helps for most people.  I love the sound of turbos.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZOOOOOOOOOOOSHEEW   ZOOOOOOOOOOOSHEEW
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#40]
just wondering if anybody has ran in to the carbon on valve problem on eco boost?

part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ynGWxzJHjA
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK2eXdaydqI

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#42]
well the thing is it seems like it would make sense and im wondering how this may also effect the chevy direct injected engines.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still have a 97 F250 and a 98 F150, both have excellent paint. The only spots where there was damage have any issues. In particular the 97 I have never even waxed and the paint looks great.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came from an i4 Jeep Patriot, the EB sounds way more beastly when I put it to the floor.

Still, its pretty neat having a 6 cylinder which produces more torque and hp than the v8 and sounds stealth bomber quiet and gives me the advertised mpg -- I think I can live with performance and gas efficiency over a lower rumbling sound.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.

Interesting….I guess I better tell my Passat with 210k miles on it that it's time to have the turbo go up, you know since Passat 1.8s are known for their extraordinary reliability and longevity and all.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
my wife has the Escape...we lined up at a light with my '78 280z and she left me standing practically.....ate my lunch/blew my doors off.
View Quote

Wife got a 2014 Escape 2.0EB and it amazes me every time I drive it that a 4 - cylinder motor is that strong. Will spin the stock 19 - inch tires all day long. Car is fun as hell to drive. My uncle in law just picked up a 2015 F-150 screw with the 3.5EB....i can't fathom what damn near double the Escape motor must be like?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Still have a 97 F250 and a 98 F150, both have excellent paint. The only spots where there was damage have any issues. In particular the 97 I have never even waxed and the paint looks great.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the Facebook group I referred to earlier. Lot's of first hand experience with paint issues and Ford's lack of response. Lots of photos including current lines and some 2015 autoshow images of possible problems.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordpeelingpaint/
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Since the day I turned 16, I've never owned a vehicle less than a 5.4L V8.

I wouldn't be hung up in the slightest on checking out the 2.7L Ecoboost for my next truck.  Looks pretty damn good on paper and I don't give a fuck about redneck pissing contests over engine size.  My first truck had a 5.8L V8 and it was downright limp wristed compared to these new 2.7L engines.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I came from an i4 Jeep Patriot, the EB sounds way more beastly when I put it to the floor.

Still, its pretty neat having a 6 cylinder which produces more torque and hp than the v8 and sounds stealth bomber quiet and gives me the advertised mpg -- I think I can live with performance and gas efficiency over a lower rumbling sound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got better MPG, or more consistent, from both my 5.7 Hemis (06 Durango Limited, 11 JGC Laredo) than my EB FX4. The only Hemi I had that got worse than my EB was my 12 SRT8 Jeep, but thats a different Hemi
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got better MPG, or more consistent, from both my 5.7 Hemis (06 Durango Limited, 11 JGC Laredo) than my EB FX4. The only Hemi I had that got worse than my EB was my 12 SRT8 Jeep, but thats a different Hemi
View Quote

as long as I drive near the speed limit, my EB gets about advertised. It really likes to suck down gas if I go faster than 70 though, which I avoid doing because the OSP really likes to hide along my route.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top