Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2001 8:31:16 PM EDT
just wondering what you think of um. do they shoot as fast as ars. are they reliable,easy to disassemble,accurate,user friendly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy to shoot, reliable(so far)real easy to keep clean, uses AR mags, reasonably accurate and kind of pricey. If you are thinking of getting one i have one that i am going to sell. it's has <300 rounds through it and was carefully broken in. Gotta make room for some new accuisitions and somethings has to go overboard.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought about one before and read soldier of fortune review. wasn't impressed but they tend to be tough. i do like the quick change barrel and ak like gas system. i have an ar but thought it be nice for ar benifits with ak reliability. i consider gas tube in ar as weak link in a great gun. i seen one that was unfired for 1000 bucks and it got me thinking again. how much would you want for yours. thanks for info.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry should of searched for threads already one going on this
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By double tap:
i thought about one before and read soldier of fortune review. wasn't impressed but they tend to be tough. i do like the quick change barrel and ak like gas system. i have an ar but thought it be nice for ar benifits with ak reliability. i consider gas tube in ar as weak link in a great gun. i seen one that was unfired for 1000 bucks and it got me thinking again. how much would you want for yours. thanks for info.
View Quote

Unfortunately you lose most of those AR benefits when you switch the the M96. I dont think they arent as user friendly and the sights arent as good as an A2 upper.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There's another thread on this same topic posted a day or so ago. Check it out. I think you will get the range of opinions. My verdict: Get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top