I wish there was a bounty on them..
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, given it any more thought?
If you are going to keep them fine.
If you need to give them up, fine.
Please, just don't keep them until they are full grown, undisciplined, disobedient wild ones and then try to find a home for them.
View Quote

Odd. has anyone sent emails or messages. What about going thru the GoFundMe site? maybe his wife will answer.

I agree, if he wants to give them up, do it now not later.

And OP, there are no hardfeelings from any of us that you want to give them up, I dont care about the money I donated, it went to a good cause and I stand by it, but you have someone very eager to take them, lets get it done.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Very good work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, it's been a week now since the "I can't keep them" post. I'm not sure what's the deal with the OP or why he would post that, then abandon the thread. In view of the support the members here generously provided I don't think it's out of line to expect updates (like the one promised over 2 weeks ago) or to let us know what's going on.

My offer to foster, finish training and then place these dogs is an opportunity that is fast slipping away. I would love to get my hands on these pups but if you're not accepting my help I have to move on.

Spelling edit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Okay, it's been a week now since the "I can't keep them" post. I'm not sure what's the geal with the OP or why he would post that, then abandon the thread. In view of the support the members here generously provided I don't think it's out of line to expect updates (like the one promised over 2 weeks ago) or to let us know what's going on.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.ZWO85gl00fnb33dyUG19Og&pid=15.1&P=0

My offer to foster, finish training and then place these dogs is an opportunity that is fast slipping away. I would love to get my hands on these pups but if your not accepting my help I have to move on.
View Quote

He logged on today.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe this is the first time I have seen this!

Good on you OP and also to all of those that gave support! Those pups are adorable!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He logged on today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, it's been a week now since the "I can't keep them" post. I'm not sure what's the geal with the OP or why he would post that, then abandon the thread. In view of the support the members here generously provided I don't think it's out of line to expect updates (like the one promised over 2 weeks ago) or to let us know what's going on.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.ZWO85gl00fnb33dyUG19Og&pid=15.1&P=0

My offer to foster, finish training and then place these dogs is an opportunity that is fast slipping away. I would love to get my hands on these pups but if your not accepting my help I have to move on.

He logged on today.

Wish he would respond to Jokers offer, do it via IM or Email. No one can fault the OP for the decision to not be able to keep them but when others are willing to help and take them, dont push them away or ignore them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump.

No judgement OP, just do the right thing and make sure they go to a good home.  Please update us.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bump.

No judgement OP, just do the right thing and make sure they go to a good home.  Please update us.
View Quote

Yep. You said from the get go that you didn't know if you could keep them, and it's no big deal if you can't. You didn't ask for them to land in your lap, and you did a good thing taking them in. Joker's got a good set up for them, and they can get trained up and rehomed no problem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Just read all the updates... getting dusty in here... good on you OP
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep. You said from the get go that you didn't know if you could keep them, and it's no big deal if you can't. You didn't ask for them to land in your lap, and you did a good thing taking them in. Joker's got a good set up for them, and they can get trained up and rehomed no problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump.

This!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I am the same as others in here. I don't care about the money I donated but I would like to see the dogs go to Joker1 and then a good home
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump.  Really hoping to see a happy outcome here, please let us know what we can do OP
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys are just unreal... Seriously unbelievable.  I am going to have some great stuff planned for you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]
*Edit*

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP any update?

For those noting the $4K, that's a lot of money, but it might be spent already.  I'd hate to think that the OP may be reluctant to say anything more here for fear of people demanding the money back and so gives the dogs to the local pound instead.  I'd say a gift is a gift, and if you gave to the fund, then you gifted it away.  Maybe the OP has some of it that he can give forward to the next owner, but maybe not.  I just hope fixating on the money doesn't compound the problem.
View Quote

I certainly don't want anything back. I just hope they end up with joker if the OP can't properly take care of them or keep them. That way we'll know for certain that they are going to have proper training and a happy life.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
6/12/2015
Quoted:
I'll post one and pics later today.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#19]
So did OP end up just doing a drive-by post?

Something is starting to smell in here.  I wonder if he already got rid of the dogs before he even posted, and has now abandoned the thread because he's not willing to admit they're long gone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Something is starting to smell in here.  I wonder if he already got rid of the dogs before he even posted, and has now abandoned the thread because he's not willing to admit they're long gone.
View Quote

I know I would be very disappointed if that happened. He has been logging on, but clearly ignoring this thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know I would be very disappointed if that happened. He has been logging on, but clearly ignoring this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to cast aspersions - maybe he's sick or something.  But it seems awfully odd, and a little suspect, to just drop a bombshell like that with no warning or indication anything was going poorly, and then just completely disappear from the thread with no explanation, no follow-up, no working with other members who've offered to take them, etc.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I really want to believe........
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
New arock?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Bump...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#27]
evening bump
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't want to cast aspersions - maybe he's sick or something.  But it seems awfully odd, and a little suspect, to just drop a bombshell like that with no warning or indication anything was going poorly, and then just completely disappear from the thread with no explanation, no follow-up, no working with other members who've offered to take them, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had all those dogs, I'd be kinda overwhelmed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 dogs? Pffft. As to being sick, he's still logging on and posting. "Last Login Date:  7/1/2015 10:47:34 PM EDT"  "Last Post Date: 7/1/2015 6:41:38 PM EDT"

Several here have messaged him as well. My offers to help with the pups have been ignored. I'm beginning to doubt he has them.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, what ever your personal situation, there are always good people willing to help.

You have seen that, don't abandon the good things in life if you are walking in the shadows.

If you have any light in your soul, at least allow those of us who do not walk in the shadows to help the helpless.

Please.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

3 dogs? Pffft. As to being sick, he's still logging on and posting. "Last Login Date:  7/1/2015 10:47:34 PM EDT"  "Last Post Date: 7/1/2015 6:41:38 PM EDT"

Several here have messaged him as well. My offers to help with the pups have been ignored. I'm beginning to doubt he has them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone know him in real life? He might need help and understanding he doesn't think he can get online.

I've been totally overwhelmed before. The last thing I wanted to do was reach out to anyone. I wanted to close back in.

Maybe someone could call him if they know him.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe go thru the GOFUNDME site and hit up his wife or hit up FB.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He logged in today according to the UserInfo. I hope they didnt end up at the pound and/or seperated.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#34]
and missed the ending.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Maybe go thru the GOFUNDME site and hit up his wife or hit up FB.
View Quote

Messages to his wife sent to both.

You know you can take action as well instead of just posting ideas for others to carry out. "Somebody do something!"
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He logged in today according to the UserInfo. I hope they didnt end up at the pound and/or seperated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's been logging on and posting almost daily. He's avoiding us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Snip

View Quote

So who's really good at "Pit" bull?

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Is this Pit-worthy?
I really hope not, that there's just something going on we don't know yet.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey guys, sorry this got away from me, I didn't think anyone was checking it anymore.  When I originally posted a lot of people PMed me and told me to not post here, but to make a new thread, so that is what I have been working on.  It will go up today with pictures and everything.  We have not been having an easy time deciding to re-home them, my wife especially.  We have obviously become very attached, but both have more than full time jobs.  Everything is going very well for them and us, we were just thinking it might be better if they had a family with kids or someone who is a stay at home to give them 24/7 attention which they would love.  They are some of the most loving dogs I have ever met, and just want to be held/wrestle all day.  We have been working locally with friends as much as possible to see if anyone we know personally would be interested so that we know they will have a good life. We are in no rush to see them go, and will wait until we find the right people hopefully close.  Anyway new post with new thread today at some point.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hey guys, sorry this got away from me, I didn't think anyone was checking it anymore.  When I originally posted a lot of people PMed me and told me to not post here, but to make a new thread, so that is what I have been working on.  It will go up today with pictures and everything.  We have not been having an easy time deciding to re-home them, my wife especially.  We have obviously become very attached, but both have more than full time jobs.  Everything is going very well for them and us, we were just thinking it might be better if they had a family with kids or someone who is a stay at home to give them 24/7 attention which they would love.  They are some of the most loving dogs I have ever met, and just want to be held/wrestle all day.  We have been working locally with friends as much as possible to see if anyone we know personally would be interested so that we know they will have a good life. We are in no rush to see them go, and will wait until we find the right people hopefully close.  Anyway new post with new thread today at some point.

Thanks.
View Quote

Thank God you're back.  People were foaming at the mouth and having aneurisms.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yeah I see that.  Everyone seems to think that if we don't re-home them in the next 3 days that Im going to put them back on the street.  I haven't been following this, and in fact unsubscribed to it because I got multiple PMs telling me not to post here because nobody would see it.  I didn't even know anyone other than Joker1 was even looking.  Also, we have been doing most of the work locally but haven't found the right people yet.  I was alerted via wife that people were still interested in this thread after all.

So new thread or just post here?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the update.

Glad you popped up before some of us ()  made fools of ourselves.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah I see that.  Everyone seems to think that if we don't re-home them in the next 3 days that Im going to put them back on the street.  I haven't been following this, and in fact unsubscribed to it because I got multiple PMs telling me not to post here because nobody would see it.  I didn't even know anyone other than Joker1 was even looking.  Also, we have been doing most of the work locally but haven't found the right people yet.  I was alerted via wife that people were still interested in this thread after all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

New thread with link to this one.  Then a link posted in this thread for the new one.  That should cover all your bases.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update.

Glad you popped up before some of us ()  made fools of ourselves.

View Quote

Hallelujah!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

Brother, no one knows better than me how hard it is to give up a good dog. My beloved Dude, that I've had for 9 months now is leaving me this weekend. I'm not sure I will recover from that one.

However, if it needs to be done for the best interest of the dogs, do it. Don't drag it out. I'm always available to foster them, train them and place them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#47]
It IS very hard. My wife cries just thinking about it.  You will see in the new thread though.  We have also done a lot of training, and they behave very well around new people, are very close to being off leash capable, and no longer are food/toy possessive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for update.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Tagged for the new thread link
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a tripod, after some freak blew his leg off, same leg.   He got along just fine. Mixed it up with much larger dogs.

After his fur grew back most people took 15 or 20 minutes to realize he was missing a leg.

You made the right call on the amp.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top