User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2001 7:37:43 PM EDT
Real?

Hoax?

Bad acid trip?

Just saw a special on TV and wanted to see what this boards take on this. Native Americans seems to hold this belief true. Yet a number of scientist have differents sides to this argument.

Can he procreate? If so then How many of them are they? Why have we not seen more evidence of existance?

Photos and footprints have been the only solid proof so far. Some have claimed they have found its dwelling in the Oregon area, but those finding have been proven un-true.

What do you guys/gals think?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one when I was 15 or 16 on a camping trip with friends.There was a couple of us and we were pretty deep in the woods,not near anyone.we kept hearing noises{brush moving} so we went to investigate.We formed a static line and started driven the woods,about 100yds in something big,I mean BIG fell/jumped out of a tree.(I have hunted cone before and this was no coon either!)needless to say we all made hast back to camp in .....well a unorganized frenzy.
We hundled around the fire the rest of the night hoping we would'nt run out of fire wood.AT first light me and one of my best friends{now a Marine} went to get more fire wood
there was still a pretty bad fog out,and while walking down a gravel road I "felt"something  watching us.looking to my right,I saw through a light fog and about 20-30yds away a light brown creature walking parralle to us    completly  silent like a  ghost and staring right at me and then I saw its eyes,pure black,dull black,my friend looked up to see it and at the same time we both ran like heck stopping only when we came to a lake,haiding by a rock with a view to watch all ways to us we assessed our situation and weapons,I had a BUCK Mentor knife and he had a 12 inch survival knifeafter sitting for 20min. we made our way back to camp and we all left.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I dated her for a couple weeks. She ate a lot, but she was sure fun to wrestle with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
the real Bigfoot is famous, he plays on the lakers. but they now call him SHAG
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Been living in Washington 4 years now, haven't seen one yet. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't exsist.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a hairy back.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dated her for a couple weeks. She ate a lot, but she was sure fun to wrestle with.
View Quote

Brave man, brave man indeed. Even braver to admit to it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Brave man, brave man indeed. Even braver to admit to it.
View Quote

It was fine until I met her brother, and they looked so similar I couldn't look at her without seeing him. I guess that means there's been [b]2[/b] sighted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
once i saw a guy at the dallas horse track on 4th of july that looked like bigfoot in a tank top. holy shit this guy was inhuamn. im still scared
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
a myth.and an acid trip
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I am from Southern Oregon. Now unfortunatley most of the big foot sightings come from the Pac NW - esp OR. There is this one dumbass I saw on TV a couple weeks ago that is on the radio talk show circut cuz he saw bigfoot.

If bigfoot really did exist, someone like me that spends way too much in the woods, woulda whacked his ass a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
whacked his ass??? your not hanging around AR15QUEER are you??
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Face,
 Whacked his ass!?! Bring it on!

Treetop,
 You been messin' with my sister!? I've seen your picture. What the hell was she thinking? Must have been drinking again. Backwoods tramp!

Lordtrader,
 Oh yeah, I can procreate! You ain't lived till you had a Bigfoot. Just ask Treetop.

Generally, we males are quite solitary, prefering to remain in isolation until mating season, which starts right about now. Come on out to the woods. I'll show you a good time!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#13]
ROTFLMAO Ssquatch!

I have a sister who swears to this day she saw one walking on a deserted loggin road about ten years ago.  She was with her boyfriend, they saw it as they drowve up, it jumped off the road and ran up a steep hillside. - Nope, no hair or footprints - they were to scared to be reasonable.

Oh, and her boyfriend of the time had the rep to drop acid, but not her.  I still don't beleive she saw one.

But I'd like to beleive in them, makes for interesting campfire stories.  (I'm thinking of a new story now.  The dating game, staring Treetop and Sasquatch's sister...)
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Yorec,
  That's really not all that funny. What's really funny is Sigman squatting in the bush with a knife in his hand preparing to do battle with me. ROTFLMAO! I'm 9'6" and weigh 700 lbs. I can bench press a Dodge Ram crewcab. The only reason I didn't walk into their hiding place and have my way with them was the smell of human urine. We can't stand it! So if your ever in the deep woods and you want to avoid a Bigfoot attack (especially during the mating season) just urinate on your sleeping bag. Guaranteed to cause your friendly neighborhood Bigfoot to avoid you like the plague!
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Class Clown:
View Quote

Why yes I am McUzi. Actually, queeny (one of your other alter egos)and I are looking for a new 'all purpose cum receptical' .... we think you will make the perfect bitch. Therefore we were thinking we would acost yo azz off the street and double pentitrate your shit chute.

Your gonna luv it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Class Clown:
View Quote

Why yes I am McUzi. Actually, queeny (one of your other alter egos)and I are looking for a new 'all purpose cum receptical' .... we think you will make the perfect bitch. Therefore we were thinking we would acost yo azz off the street and double pentitrate your shit chute.

Your gonna luv it. Oh you did say you liked bondage, right - cuz I sure do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, LT, you have moved to the Sasquatch  country. From the "Goatman of Lake Worth", to the "apeman of Lake Buchanan", East Texas woods are full of stories of large, smelly,fleet footed creatures. Documented sightings are recorded back to 1945.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, LT, you have moved to the Sasquatch  country. From the "Goatman of Lake Worth", to the "apeman of Lake Buchanan", East Texas woods are full of stories of large, smelly,fleet footed creatures. Documented sightings are recorded back to 1945.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I just find this Bigfoot thing hard to believe for a couple of reasons.1st--Why has there never been a corpse or bones found? 2nd--With all the good ole boys(me included) out in the woods why has nobody ever shot one?Don't know about you but I can't think of a better conversation piece than a Bigfoot head up on the wall.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, who you calling smelly?

The reason you don't find any bones is we bury our dead. Geez, we're not savages!
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#22]
You know what? I'm getting tired of all you gun totin' yahoos claiming how if you saw a Sasquatch, you'd blast him and mount him.

Well, I'm calling you out. All of you. Come on up to the Pacific northwest and head for the deep woods. Once you get there, go a little deeper, I'll be waiting for ya. I can show you a real good time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay,As soon as the mother ship will give me a ride.I can trust you to be gentle,right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I've only known of one credible, that is to say not a kook, person that claims to have seen a sasquatch. And after spending a large portion of my 40 years in the woods of the Pacific NW I've never seen hide nor hair of big foot that weren't hooked to a man. You'd think, if one was inclined to think about these things, that for as many folks that roam around the hills and carry adequate shootin irons with 'em that we'd have had a sample by now. Especially since some of the reports say that they've been chased or other such nonsence. He/she would chase right into a 45 acp or 44 mag with me. Don't care if it's a grizzled bear the 44 has a tendency to take the chase out a 'em. I think alot of folks just want their 15 min of fame and thats their way to get it. And as for the person I knew that saw something, well, she definately saw something and I trust that but one footprint or tuft of hair does not a sasquatch make. There's lots of strange things that go on in the forests and you just never know. [smoke]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Real ,Id say very possible.Lots of people with guns have reported seeing it.When asked why they didnt shoot it they said the eyes had a intellegent look to them.Why havent they found a body?Well if no ones shootin them the must be dying of old age.If there intellegent they may go off to die alone.The areas they are suppose to inhabit is pretty rough in places,besides how many deer elk corpses are found.it would stand to reason that there are less than 1% of them than common big game animals.nature has a way of converting things back to the land.

In 1976 between Canyonville and Roseburg I heard something yell/scream that did not sound like any animal or human.It sounded very BIG.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#26]
One time I was on a 6 day camping trip. Well the second night me and my friends woke up to this thumping sound. It started out slow like a thump every two second then it increased to really rapid within about five seconds. It would quit and then repeat itself about a minute later. We stayed up all night. I had a min-14 at the time and put the 40 rounder in. My friend loaded up his ak and my other friend put a clip in his sks. When day break came we hiked towards the sound. We came upon this little corral about 100 meters square. We couldn't locate the sound but it was loud. We looked for about an hour and didn't find anything. Then it stopped all of the sudden. We walked a little faster then normal back to camp and that night it started again. I was honestly scared at that point. We stayed awake most of the night and at about 4:00 in the morning Something ran by our tents. Don't know what it was, but after that the sound was gone. We hiked back to civilization the next day abandoning the camping trip.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#27]
There was some dude about a year back around my place in mid-michigan that had claimed to see a Bigfoot.  It was even in the papers.  He said it was walking across the road late at night dragging a deer carcass.  Purportedly at some later point in the evening, he saw it again and it allegedly "hit his truck."  A few days later, a friend of mine was out at his place (kinda remote, lots of woods) at night looking through his telescope.  He said he heard a loud crashing sound, going through the woods and so he went inside to load up.  Of course, by the time the irons were ready, the sound was gone.  We're still waiting for Bigfoot to make another appearance.  Can't imagine where he'd live around here.  The housing is overpriced and the land is flat as a seven year old girl.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, Sigman, where abouts in Ohio did this happen?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry guys, there would have to be hair/fur bone evidence.
It could be a small tribe of stone age men. That would explain lack of evidence. Any evidence would have human DNA.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:06:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey, who you calling smelly?

The reason you don't find any bones is we bury our dead. Geez, we're not savages!
View Quote

Haul your smelly a## down here! A bath, spanking, and a petting zoo will be in your future!!!
         full clip
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Could a sasquatch win a fight with a samurai?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey, Sigman, where abouts in Ohio did this happen?
View Quote

SouthEast,down by marrietta{sp?}

on AEP camp grounds if I rember right.....we were in the grounds preety far from the main roads
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yorec,
  That's really not all that funny. What's really funny is Sigman squatting in the bush with a knife in his hand preparing to do battle with me. ROTFLMAO! I'm 9'6" and weigh 700 lbs. I can bench press a Dodge Ram crewcab. The only reason I didn't walk into their hiding place and have my way with them was the smell of human urine. We can't stand it! So if your ever in the deep woods and you want to avoid a Bigfoot attack (especially during the mating season) just urinate on your sleeping bag. Guaranteed to cause your friendly neighborhood Bigfoot to avoid you like the plague!
View Quote

you can lift dodges all day,sasquatch,and you might of got me but if you would of got in striking distance my buck would have taken your manhood or is that big foot hood away [:D]

ok so I would of really ran like crazy
what did you want me to do, bring a FAL or M14 with me????I was only 15 years old!
besides I have heard stories of big foots{feets?] getin shot and walking of with the blood trail just suddenly stopping when the shooter tried tracking it
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Server Problems.... tought to leave a message.

Sigman " SouthEast,down by marrietta"

In the hills of S. Ohio and W. Virginia, their lurks a creature seen by few, and feared by all.  The eastern word for Sasquatch is "HILL JACK" and while some may appear intelligent, many just have that "other look in their eyes".  Be careful, be very very careful!  [spank]

Damm....I am going Turkey hunting down there and now I have to take extra ammo.  

Bow
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Enigma2yOu:                              I hate to break it to you, but what you heard was a male Grouse which is a bird about the size of a chicken looking for a female grouse.  They sit on a hollow log and beat their wings causing a whump.....whump...whump..whump.whump whump. whump..whump...whump sound exactly as you decribed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I heard some pretty compelling evidence awhile ago.  Some scientist who was studying the "fingerprint" lines on the bottom of feet took a look at some Bigfoot footprint castings that were taken decades before his research.  He said that they were castings of primate feet, but not any primate that we know of!  I heard this on a radio show in which they were interviewing the scientist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Originaly posted by sasquatch:

Well, I'm calling you out. All of you. Come on up to the Pacific northwest and head for the deep woods. Once you get there, go a little deeper, I'll be waiting for ya. I can show you a real good time.
View Quote

Yeah right! I don't want to be "Squeal like a pig boy!" with you.  You have been in the wood too long. Thanks but No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Thank you, Wirebrush! You beat me to it. Male Ruffed grouse make quite a drumming sound this time of the year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Check out [url]http://www.bfro.net[/url]

Aviator
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I saw Big Foot one time.  He was driving a big blue truck with about 6ft mud tires.  He drove over some cars it was cool
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Look ,I know what I saw,but I don't know what it was,for all I know it could of been a guy in a bigfoot/gorilla costum.{I will exlain this in a minute}

If they are real there are multiple reasons one has not been found{some already mentioned}

1}maybe they are intelligent enough to bury there dead or they could be cannabils

2]how many times do you see dead animals in the woods?rarely unless hit by a car on the road.Big foot are supposed to weight in at a couple thousand pounds if I rember the documentary right so you '92 Ford Tempo ain't gonna take one outta commission.{and anyone hitting on might say they hit a deer to avoid lookin like a kook}.

3]supposibly they live in deep woods that are'nt easily acessed by man

so if a bigfoot dies in deep woods not frequented by humans,{its natural colors blending in also}how many are you really going to see? How many deer are there?how many dead deer do you see?

so if this animal is so rare and dies ya probaly are'nt gonna find it
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#42]
"The creature is believed to be 7 to 8 feet tall, weighing 800 to 1,000 lbs."   I don't think I'd count on a 223 making a one shot stop on that!!  
My father surveyed an area very near where the famous video was taken shortly after it was published.  He told me a story that goes something like this:  Shortly after setting up camp one of the younger new guys found a copy of a recently printed copy of Time Magazine on the dashboard of the truck that had an article on the video.  He asked my father where this area was.  So my father says, "come over here" and points down off of the ridge and says "right down there".  Dad said that night just like it had been planned a pair of black bears came into camp and snorted around.  Needless to say the new guys were scared stiff!!  My Old Man also told me that the country down there is so steep, thickly wooded and generaly impassable that the Native tribes didn't even go into that area.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#43]
"The creature is believed to be 7 to 8 feet tall, weighing 800 to 1,000 lbs."   I don't think I'd count on a 223 making a one shot stop on that!!  
My father surveyed an area very near where the famous video was taken shortly after it was published.  He told me a story that goes something like this:  Shortly after setting up camp one of the younger new guys found a copy of a recently printed copy of Time Magazine on the dashboard of the truck that had an article on the video.  He asked my father where this area was.  So my father says, "come over here" and points down off of the ridge and says "right down there".  Dad said that night just like it had been planned a pair of black bears came into camp and snorted around.  Needless to say the new guys were scared stiff!!  My Old Man also told me that the country down there is so steep, thickly wooded and generaly impassable that the Native tribes didn't even go into that area.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Water Dog,I don't know how effective turkey loads would be on a big foot,and I personaly would have no desire to find out, in case he was in a bad mode and me ticklin him with tugsten shot only worsened his disposition! [:D]

On a TV docu. the looked at all the evidence and got a hollywood spec. affects artist to make a suit and dress up and go walking at the place where that film{in '70's I believe} was shot.the re-filmed and the dude looked just like a big foot! I would of crapped myself if I would of ran into the dude in the boon docks somewhere!

Granted this was with a pro and a couple thousand dollars in a  costume.And not many hoaxers would have the money or ambition to go that far{wich also does'nt explain all the earlier sightings this century,not have the materials avalible and all, but I think some sightings could be man made hoaxes,as in my case not firearms where allowed where we camped,therfore a hoaxer would'nt have to worry about gettin shot to much.

however I think the orig. video is real,because the other guy had a 30.06 rifle with 180gr cartridges and to his death bed he swore he wasn't in on any hoax.Surely the video man would'nt put someone in danger to pull a prank like that{nor do I believe anyone in their right mind would dress up like a gorrilla with the chance of losing his heart to 180gr round}

yeah I know about"hill jack" stories,our area holds a meeting/small convention every year,brings out the local nuts

Supposed to have "Moth Men" around here too,but thats another story...........
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Actually it is cool no one has ever been caught, then he would just be classified and put on display in the Smithsonian.
Man needs a few mysteries.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#49]
This is to funny , bigfoots aint to bad of people once you get to know them , they are a little rude sometimes...you know talkin bout I smell a bit...lol
On a semi serious note when I was in high school me and a friend of mine hatched a plan , an evil plan. You see my friend was'nt like most people , as in standing 5'8" and weighing over 300 lbs. It was'nt all fat though let me assure you , he was just a big old boy. Anyway the thought was to get an ape suit , put him in it and then proceed to Mammoth Cave National Park a well known hang out for "urban campers". Any way I would set up camp and along about the time every body was getting settled in I'd let out a blood curtling scream , my friend in the ape suit would then proceed to chase another friend through the middle of the campground. At this time with it being good and dark I would proceed to try to raise alarm and panic. It would also been a good idea to have someone video tape it because I'm sure it would be good for laughs many years down the road. Hmmmm....thats still not a bad idea , I can almost see the frightened looks on the city folks faces. Hey does anyone know where I can get an ape suit to fit a 5'8" fat guy?[:)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#50]
You would have to have a lot of guts to be running around in a big foot suit in the woods, or you could just be stupid. I know that I am not the only one who would try to shoot a big foot. I would yell "are you human?" and if I did not get a reply I would proceed to empty my entire supply of ammo into the beast.
PS. I don't know for sure if I wait to see if you were not human.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top