Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2015 2:43:49 AM EDT
so, against my better judgement (experience), I set up an on-line dating profile.

I haven't done this in years, as I swore off such activities based upon my experiences.

My circle of activities sees pretty much single women in their 20's.... some get into the early 30's

All the single women are the younger age group, anyone older is more than likely spoken for.

I didn't want to be 'tainted' in my expectations, so I set out to be more realistic in my attempt at finding a suitable companion.  
I'm finding that the majority of women my age (45+~) are looking pretty rough aged.
Not all, mind you, just a sampling of what I've seen so far... it's a dose of reality I was kind of expecting, but didn't realize how much.
I rarely spend time around women my own age, or the ones that are, are exceptions and very few.

proceeding to move forward with an open mind.........
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I the only one that didn't read all that?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen sort of the opposite around my area OP.  It seems multiple childbirths and tanning beds have taken their toll on many of the under 30 women.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sooooo what you're saying is: Red 5 is standing by?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Pics of OP?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm finding that the majority of women my age (45+~) are looking pretty rough aged.
View Quote

We all get old, grey and wrinkly.  What's left, when the beauty of youth has faded, that would keep you around?  Look for that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Rost.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I think you will find online dating to work pretty good.

I met several women that were pretty close to "the one" by dating online. And, met enough other women that it kept things quite interesting. Just be sure you stick to the meet and greet rule, that is the first meeting(notice I didn't say date), don't take things too serious. It's more of a just to make sure things are as the appeared online type of thing. Don't plan dinner and a movie, or sometimes things can be awkward.......and expensive as you should have plenty of other contacts in the wings. Pick something short, and something where you have a little time to talk, .......like lunch or a coffee shop.

I can't comment much on the aged look, lol. My wife is 42 and looks 20. It's all about how they have taken care of themselves. Women that haven't taken the time to take care of themselves, prolly won't take their time to take care of a relationship, which is likely one of the reasons they are 45+ and single.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to The Wall®.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.

View Quote
Should have talker to your local State Farm agent.  They would have done it without cutting your coverage.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:14:21 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife is 42 and looks 20. It's all about how they have taken care of themselves.
View Quote

You know the rules...
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I met several women that were pretty close to "the one" by dating online. And, met enough other women that it kept things quite interesting. Just be sure you stick to the meet and greet rule, that is the first meeting(notice I didn't say date), don't take things too serious. It's more of a just to make sure things are as the appeared online type of thing. Don't plan dinner and a movie, or sometimes things can be awkward.......and expensive as you should have plenty of other contacts in the wings. Pick something short, and something where you have a little time to talk, .......like lunch or a coffee shop.

I can't comment much on the aged look, lol. My wife is 42 and looks 20. It's all about how they have taken care of themselves. Women that haven't taken the time to take care of themselves, prolly won't take their time to take care of a relationship, which is likely one of the reasons they are 45+ and single.

Good luck!!
View Quote
Rules bro... We have rules!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Backpage is what you seek.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Also keep in mind that if they're close to our age and on a dating site, their chances of being completely mental are rather high.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Also keep in mind that if they're close to our age and on a dating site, their chances of being completely mental are rather high.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

a factor I'm well aware of.  I'm trying to keep things real and relevant to my age group... having spent too much (?) time around kids half my age.
lots of eye candy, but nothing really practical (I've never been on any 'conquest', just a compatible LTR.)

I guess I'm a product of my own environment / choosing (?)
learning to adapt.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:49:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It looks like you spend all your time posting and not reading with that post count of yours. Do you have anything to do other than being online?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like you spend all your time posting and not reading with that post count of yours. Do you have anything to do other than being online?

no kidding--it took me almost 10 years to get to 10K.

i've...accelerated since then.  i blame school.  school's fault.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even then I went about a year without posting. So what bro
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We all get old, grey and wrinkly.  What's left, when the beauty of youth has faded, that would keep you around?  Look for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he's just being polite. Women who make it to 45 and stayed single, usually didn't make it that way by choice.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Online dating... Is awesome.

It's made me a monster. It's not even fair sometimes, it even takes the fun out of its so easy. You can forget being the sucker at a bar spending good money on bar flies.

My biggest bit if info to give you op, when you get some lined up to meet for something simple. Coffee is best because you can make it last however long you want. Girl talking about "essential oils" or her "3 ex husbands" you can suddenly remember you need to go vacuum out your truck.

Before it even gets inside, don't be a fool and get there first and be inside waiting on her. Stay your ass in the truck watching the entrance. Know what she drives and what she'll be wearing. Cause the pictures you saw of her are 10 years and a hostess truck ago are a common problem. You can put your shit in drive and carry on.
View Quote

This whole post is fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
so, against my better judgement (experience), I set up an on-line dating profile.

I haven't done this in years, as I swore off such activities based upon my experiences.

My circle of activities sees pretty much single women in their 20's.... some get into the early 30's

All the single women are the younger age group, anyone older is more than likely spoken for.

I didn't want to be 'tainted' in my expectations, so I set out to be more realistic in my attempt at finding a suitable companion.  
Not all, mind you, just a sampling of what I've seen so far... it's a dose of reality I was kind of expecting, but didn't realize how much.
I rarely spend time around women my own age, or the ones that are, are exceptions and very few.

proceeding to move forward with an open mind.........
View Quote

Yes, rough would be the word. Have noticed alot of "rode hard and put up wet" on dating sites. I try to keep things in perspective and be realistic.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Take my wife.

Please.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Of course the op is not aged.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good luck!!
View Quote

QFT.   That was my strategy 12 yrs ago!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/80/3f/803fb2_3957458.jpg

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Tip - women lie about their age.  A woman who puts her age at 45 could be 50 to 55.  So don't necessary use their stated age to judge everyone.  I have a buddy in his late forties.  He finds plenty of attractive women but they are usually an hour or two away.  Expand your search area and you should be able to find what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Of course the op is not aged.
View Quote

A man's SMV rises as he ages, whereas a woman's starts to plummet after 25.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#33]
There is one rule to successful online dating.

Rule 1: Be really really good looking .
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Feels like I am on here posting every single day, and I don't think I've cracked (3 posts per day x 365 x 10 years) 10k either. I don't think I hit 2k.

Well I was always the slacker in the family.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#35]
OP.

What are you expecting from a 40 yr old chic?

She is either a mom, or a divorcee, a widow, recently transplanted to the area or a workaholic who never had time for relationships, or some combination of the above.

Or she will be crazy in the head and not able to sustain long term relationships.

Or she will be intellectually or physically unappealing.

What are you looking for, and what are you bringing to the table?

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Whenever I think of online dating I always think of girls who look nothing like they say they do or girls with a lot of issues.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#38]
well, a bit of an update...

nothing new.

actually have run into a couple of people from the last time I tried this.

I keep encountering the same old shit.  I'm not going to fall down that cliff again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks aren't everything. As long as the woman isn't hideous, if she has a good heart and personality, why not go for it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They say you can't wear out pussy so there's that.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks aren't everything. As long as the woman isn't hideous, if she has a good heart and personality, why not go for it?
View Quote

oh, I've learned that a woman's personality is 3/5 of whats important.

a few I've seen goes back to 5 years ago, the last time I was doing this..

My optimism wears thin quickly this late in life.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top